• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

explain your avatar

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:35 AM

My avatar is an immortal, crime-fighting, hyper-dimensional god.  In his spare time he enjoys zipping around the universe destroying advanced civilizations by engineering viral agents, framing famous scientists for them and then arresting them in dramatic fashion.  He uses the reward money on hedonistic pleasures, his favorite being a game where you abduct fetuses from the races of one civilization and plant them in the wombs of others.  He claims that it's terrible entertaining to see the look on the parents' faces.  I guess I'll have to take his word for it.  Sounds pretty sick and twisted if you ask me.

When is the book coming out?

Or the movie.

Will the game tie-in be a PS3 exclusive?

And the line of action figures, board games, and Halloween costumes should be terrific.

#32 struct

• 565 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:39 AM

Mine represents me constantly and critically thinking of reaching higher goals. Check my photo for a larger representation of some of my outer cells.

Is making fun of avatars allowed in this thread?

#33 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:48 AM

I suppose as long as it is done playfully and not in a mean-spirited way. Ball busting happens to be one of my favorite past times.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 struct

• 565 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:09 AM

Ok then I'll start with biknut's avatar (and probably end it with that one).
I see that one as a bunch of ..... flowers upsidedown with a funny spoty browny roundy container on top of it.
ha ha

#35 halcyondays

• 93 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:48 AM

Mine of course is a cybernetic organism. I think it speaks to the future melding of man and machine. Plus it just looks cool although it's a bit stretched within the confines of the avatar size limit :(

#36 shadowrun

• 327 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:04 PM

[glasses] Actually I thought Biknuts avatar was an old man with a long white flowing beard sitting in front of a shed

#37 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:48 PM

[glasses] Actually I thought Biknuts avatar was an old man with a long white flowing beard sitting in front of a shed

You are thinking of either Santa Clause, or elijah. [tung]

#38 struct

• 565 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:59 PM

You are thinking of either Santa Clause, or elijah. [tung]

Could be both; one on top of the other. [!;)]
-----------------------------------------[sick]

#39 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:53 PM

Hah! Mine is from two months ago-- my self age 31, my youngest child--Avalyse age 5

Well I was wondering if anyone with the more scary avatars would be speaking up... ah well, one can probably tell I'm putting off some boring legal paperwork right now ;)

#40 magrus

• 44 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 01:08 PM

Me in a super happy mood, somewhat blown up in order to fit in.

#41 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:36 PM

Since I created an avatar for the first time I guess I will post in here. I'm new to online forums so I guess I am trying to be "a part of". Anyways my avatar is a 3-D rendering of the Resveratrol molecule (swiped from wikipedia, who no doubt swiped it from some molecule rendering site). I had to work on it though. Converting it to a smaller animation that would fit the constraints took a little doing.

#42 struct

• 565 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:14 AM

What you see now was my previous avatar. (This thread won't make much sense if people are going to change their avatars).
In my avatar now you see V.
'V for Vendetta' my favorite movie at this point.
Below is a 3 min fragment of that movie.

#43 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:43 AM

What you see now was my previous avatar.  (This thread won't make much sense if people are going to change their avatars).
In my avatar now you see V.
'V for Vendetta' my favorite movie at this point.
Below is a 3 min fragment of that movie.

I'm a big fan of the graphic novel, but the movie left me a bit sour. Rebelling against such conformity only to become a conformist of a different kind?

#44 struct

• 565 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:18 AM

Your questioning almost sounds like this: Wanting to change something just to have something else? Yea, of course, once you get what you want you become conformist to the thing you fought for. Rebels don't just rebel against anything including their own ideals.

I haven't looked at the graphic novel though so you may see it from a different prospective.

#45 basho

• 774 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:25 AM

Anyways my avatar is a 3-D rendering of the Resveratrol molecule

I thought it was Posted Image a caterpillar :)

#46 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:29 PM

ha ha ;)

#47 biologic

• 25 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:50 PM

"...This sort of thing has cropped up before, Dave, and it has always been due to human error..."

Mine, of course, is HAL 9000 computer Production Number 3 -- which became operational at the HAL Plant in Urbana, Illinois, on January 12, 1997.

Can't get enough of Kubrick and Clarke's godliness [sfty]

#48 infinitehealth

• 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:11 AM

Mine is something I whipped up in Photoshop just for this site. It's "FF," which is the maximum value in hex that can be used when entering cheat codes into a video game. I think it parallels the goal of immortality quite nicely: which is, essentially, cheating at Life. Posted Image

#49 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:21 AM

Mine is something I whipped up in Photoshop just for this site. It's "FF," which is the maximum value in hex that can be used when entering cheat codes into a video game. I think it parallels the goal of immortality quite nicely: which is, essentially, cheating at Life. Posted Image

Nice! [thumb]

#50 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:18 PM

Arwen the Elven Princess, known also to her people as Evenstar because of her unparalleled beauty, is destined to leave Middle-Earth and sail to the Undying Lands of the West. While this fate looms before her, she falls in love with Aragorn, a mortal man, and is then faced with the heart-wrenching choice to leave Middle-Earth with her people or forego her immortality for the man she loves. Capture the brilliance of the Evenstar's enduring beauty. Based on the actual pendant worn in the Lord of the Rings™ film, this piece is crafted in sterling silver. Measures 2 1/2 inches in length and comes complete with chain.
I don't take it off. Got it from dearest a friend, on my 13th birthday.

-Infernity

#51 Guest_ato abe_*

• Lurker

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:04 PM

Mine is a reflection of the deep-seated apathy that haunts my empty heathen soul.

/edit: after a several months, these comments may make no sense if we change our avators

hahaha, nice!

Prior to this I had the TOOL eye (the eye which keeps rolling over backwards). It doesn't mean anything special other than the fact that TOOL kicks arse.

agreed! Tool does kick arse.

Well I was wondering if anyone with the more scary avatars would be speaking up...

not sure if this was referencing mine or not. but mine is drawing done by an american artist I like based here in london. her name's Laurie Lipton. The piece is called 'love bite.' I chose it cause her detail and imagery are exquisite...plus I don't have kids!
(but just to clarify, no, I don't want to kill babies)

Edited by ato abe, 07 May 2007 - 09:30 AM.

#52 braz

• 147 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:13 PM

I have no idea

#53 Guest_ato abe_*

• Lurker

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:04 PM

is no one going to comment on cnorwood's new avatar?

DISCLAIMER: no I am not opposed to asian girls!

Edited by ato abe, 07 May 2007 - 09:27 AM.

#54 OutOfThyme

• 156 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:33 PM

is no one going to comment on cnorwood's gay ass new avatar?

DISCLAIMER: no I am not opposed to homosexuals or asian girls!

May I suggest the following clip as a suggestion on how we all could spruce up our avatars to appear less gay. :)

#55 Johan

• Guest, F@H
  • 472 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:11 PM

Yeah, I'm curious too. Who is she? She looks cute.

Edited by namingway, 16 April 2007 - 04:18 AM.

#56 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:56 PM

[wis]

#57 Karomesis

• Topic Starter
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:08 AM

Yeah, I'm curious too. Who is she? She's really cute.

you can only see 1/3 of her face how can you tell that? [huh]

#58 Johan

• Guest, F@H
  • 472 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:26 PM

you can only see 1/3 of her face how can you tell that? [huh]

I can't, but from what can I see, I think so.

#59 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:18 AM

Biknut!

I'm glad you cleared that up, I genuinely thought your av was of a large model of a parrot covered in scrunched up, coloured tissue paper,like I used to make at primary school. Chinese Lion is much better, I thought you just wanted to show you didn't take yourself too seriously ;)

Mine is a photo of me, slightly airbrushed, skiing "commando". I've just got back to London from 2 weeks skiing in Breckenridge, Colorado so will post some photos with a bit more clothing soon.

#60 basho

• 774 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:15 PM

Yeah, I'm curious too. Who is she? She looks cute.

That's not cnorwood?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users