Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

- - - - -

The Benefits of Bananas

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:08 PM

So you'd be going from sugar to starch... a slight improvement, perhaps, but eh, bananas are not a health product by any means. Sure, I sometimes put one in my smoothie as well, but it's more like a guilty pleasure. It does taste great (and it improves the consistency!).

#32 christines

• 14 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:41 PM

Here is another article about health benefits of bananas

http://www.healthass...ealth-benefits/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:03 PM

Ive heard things like this about bannanas before. This post reminded me and now Ive been eating about 2 bannanas a day for 3 or 4 weeks. It seems to make a difference. Ive also started drinking a gallon of vitamin d milk for many weeks on and off since Mind interviewed a guy in the sunday evening update that highly recomended it. Ive found though that the vitamin d seems to be counter acting all the other things Im doing for energy. Ive quit it for this week. Ill see what happens.

Edited by brokenportal, 12 December 2008 - 06:05 PM.

#34 suspire

• 583 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:01 PM

Ive found though that the vitamin d seems to be counter acting all the other things Im doing for energy. Ive quit it for this week. Ill see what happens.

You've been feeling less energetic on high Vitamin D?

#35 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:10 PM

Kind of, It makes my head kind of clouded, less clear, like Ive had a bad nights sleep, I think thats what its doing actually, is giving me bad sleep. If theres any energy from it it may be physical energy, but Im almost postive its detracting from my mental energy, focus, memory, etc..

#36 suspire

• 583 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:24 PM

Kind of, It makes my head kind of clouded, less clear, like Ive had a bad nights sleep, I think thats what its doing actually, is giving me bad sleep. If theres any energy from it it may be physical energy, but Im almost postive its detracting from my mental energy, focus, memory, etc..

Interesting. You're the first person I've heard say that who is taking a lot of Vitamin D. Are you sure there aren't other factors? You're drinking a lot of milk as your form of Vitamin D--I wonder if it is the milk, not the D, that has the effect?

#37 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:26 PM

I thought of that, so switch back and forth from 1% regular milk, now Ive got 1% and I feel a lot more focused, all other factors being the same.

#38 frederickson

• 282 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:26 PM

i'm not terribly impressed by the nutrient profile of bananas. in fact, if one were so inclined, you could make a similar list for the many other berries/vegetables that are considerably more nutrient dense than bananas.

#39 spacey

• 241 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:39 PM

i'm not terribly impressed by the nutrient profile of bananas. in fact, if one were so inclined, you could make a similar list for the many other berries/vegetables that are considerably more nutrient dense than bananas.

Yes but berries taste nowhere near bananas! Jeebus shouldn't we be more worried about the amount of sodium that we're exposed to through our diets moreso than freakin' bananas. I doubt that eating a 2-3 bananas a week will be detrimental to one's health.

#40 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 06:09 PM

Yes but the way that certain chemicals are combined in stuff like vitamins and fruits makes big difference right? I mean, if youve got a potasium molecule but it is saturated with carbon atoms or whatever (I dont know) then that makes it a whole new ball game for the potasium right?

#41 Not_Supplied

• 93 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:40 PM

If you want green bananas, you could always try plantain (a kind of banana bred as a savoury vegetable and sometimes eaten green)

Edited by Not_Supplied, 20 December 2008 - 09:43 PM.

#42 Not_Supplied

• 93 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 09:41 PM

mistake post

Edited by Not_Supplied, 20 December 2008 - 09:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users