• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Hurricane/Typhoon Parade of 2007

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 struct

• Topic Starter
  • 565 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:35 PM

Hopefully it doesn't; we don't want things to die do we? (think imortality) [lol]
Seriously, as Lazarus Long mentioned, once in the Gulf it will only strengthen and the more it stays there the bigger it becomes.
Check out the sea surfuce temps. in the Gulf ..

Posted Image

#32 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:12 PM

What about if everyone in the US blows in the same direction at the same time? Maybe that will throw it off course.

#33 struct

• Topic Starter
  • 565 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 02:00 AM

An interesting system somewhere between Alaska and Russia. It will be cool (literally) if it goes into arctic ocean and stir up the remaining ice.

Posted Image

On the warmer waters there is this supertyphoon Wipha. By the looks of it and where it's going I'd say there will be at least 500 people dead, mostly Chinese.

Posted Image

Posted Image

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 struct

• Topic Starter
  • 565 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:10 AM

By the looks of it and where it's going I'd say there will be at least 500 people dead, mostly Chinese.

Wipha kills 5, weakens to tropical storm

http://www.chinadail...ent_6119654.htm

I was off just by 100 times.

#35 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts
  • Location:Northern, Western Hemisphere of Earth, Usually of late, New York

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:24 AM

You need a job with the "Hurricane Hunters" or at least the tornado "Storm Chasers." Don't you just love the power and intensity of storms?

Posted Image

Hurricane Hunters

It's true! We fly airplanes right into the eye of the hurricane. This is the place to see unique photos inside the hurricanes. The 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron, known as the Hurricane Hunters of the Air Force Reserve, is one-of-a-kind: the only Department of Defense organization still flying into tropical storms and hurricanes--since 1944. Our ten Lockheed-Martin WC-130J aircraft and crews are part of the 403rd Wing, based at Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi, Mississippi.

Storm Chasers

Of course it is not the safest of occupations for a budding immortalist but it is exhilarating and does save lives.

#36 struct

• Topic Starter
  • 565 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 01:57 AM

Of course it  is not the safest of occupations for a budding immortalist but it is exhilarating and does save lives.

... besides my life. [lol]

I haven't reached that stage yet when I think of how to save (as much) other people's lives. In these times I am mostly thinking of how to best take care of quadrillions of cells that constitute me. Actually, an immortalist will be a great hero if he/she were to sucrifice his/her own life for others. In the past heroes (I am assuming) were aware that they were going to die anyways.

I find cyclones exciting seeing them from satellite pictures, not by flying into their eye(s)
[don't know how to fly anyways. [lol].]

#37 Karomesis

• 1,010 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 08:13 PM

I didn't know where else to post this pic, i thought it was pretty funny though

Posted Image

it's actually a real sign for tornado warning

#38 struct

• Topic Starter
  • 565 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:47 AM

We may get some Braking News by the end of this week.
Tropical Cyclon Sidr just about to become category 4 is headed toward India/Bangladesh (densely populated areas).
37 years ago ...

On November 12-13, 1970, a Category 4 cyclone struck Bangladesh, causing the greatest tropical cyclone disaster in world history. An estimated 350,000-550,000 people died when a devastating 34-foot storm surge funneled northwards through the Bay of Bengal into Bangladesh.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 struct

• Topic Starter
  • 565 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 07:45 PM

As if Sidr is not enough, another storm is forming south of it. Meanwhile Sidr made it to Cat. 4 strength and is going there where a Cyclone could cause the most casualties on the face of the Earth.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 struct

• Topic Starter
  • 565 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:01 AM

Sidr a Category 4 storm with 150 mph winds, is bearing down on the densely populated coasts of Bangladesh and India.
Landfall is expected in less than two days. Can somebody here pray for those people there because I can't (I don't believe in god)?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#41 struct

• Topic Starter
  • 565 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:26 AM

Latest visible image of Sidr.

Posted Image

#42 struct

• Topic Starter
  • 565 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:59 PM

Here it goes!!!

The Bangladesh newspaper The Daily Star is already reporting that 300 fishing boats have sunk in Sidr, with 1,000 fishermen missing.

Posted Image

Image of Tropical Cyclone Sidr as a Category 4 storm (928 mb) with 155 mph winds. Image taken at 4:57am EST 11/15/07.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users