Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Maximizing Resveratrol Effectiveness

• Please log in to reply
1084 replies to this topic

#451 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:16 PM

I think this is going in the wrong direction. I don't think it's the source of resveratrol that's the problem since I've gotten hives from multiple different batches. To me the hives are just an indication that the resveratrol is getting in my system more topically than orally.

Albert

It may be your lecithin. Lecithin usually doesn't have side effects but yours in particular is not listed as a possible side-effect. But, it got me thinking. It may possibly be the source of your lecithin. Is is soy derived? Find out. It was just a thought. Good luck.

#452 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:37 AM

We were discussing increasing resveratrol effectiveness, specifically with substances such as luteolin to inhibit sulfonation. For the past week I'vebeen using luteolin either in combination with, or instead of, resveratrol. I've been using my infamous big toe as a amrker of effectiveness.

I've concluded that a 1 to 4 ratio of luteolin to resveratrol seems increases teh effectiveness of the resveratrol, subjectivcely it seems to work the same as twice the amount of resveratrol. (1, 2 and 4 grams of resveratrol, 0.25, and 0.5 grams of luteolin, different amounts over several days.) Also, one night I took 500 mg of luteolin without resveratrol, and had the same degree of pain relief.

These are just preliminary and subjective results. If anyone else tries something similar, please share your results with us.

Next I'll be trying resveratrol and DMSO, as pioneered by Missminni.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#453 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:47 AM

Hi maxwatt. It might be interesting to see if applying the DMSO + resveratrol to a place other than your toe brings about pain relief on the toe.

Stephen

#454 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 04:30 AM

Hi maxwatt. It might be interesting to see if applying the DMSO + resveratrol to a place other than your toe brings about pain relief on the toe.

Stephen

Recently I applied the res/dmso directly to my foot where I had mortons nueroma and it was
much more effective than when I applied it to my arm. I did have relief in my foot when I applied it to my arm,
but not to the extent that direct application had.
Direct application actually totally mitigated it and it has not returned. I applied it a few times that way,
but not everyday.
I hope maxwatt has the same outcome.

#455 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 05:39 AM

Maxwatt,

I'm also taking luteolin (100-150mg) with 800mg of t-resv (along with a cocktail of other supplements in grapefruit juice). My endurance has increased noticeably in only 2 weeks (haven't noticed any endurance increase previously).

Resveratrol Cocktail:
8 oz of grapefruit juice
1 tsp of lecithin
BAC 50% Resveratrol 1.6g (800mg t-res)
Activin Grape Seed Extract 250mg
BAC 50% EGCG Green Tea Extract 250mg
BAC ALCAR 1.5 g
BAC Pomegranate40p 250mg
BAC Luteolin 50mg
Milk Thistle 80% 500mg
Vitamin C 500mg
Rhodiola 100mg

Edited by health_nutty, 12 December 2007 - 05:40 AM.

#456 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:18 AM

Maxwatt,

I'm also taking luteolin (100-150mg) with 800mg of t-resv (along with a cocktail of other supplements in grapefruit juice). My endurance has increased noticeably in only 2 weeks (haven't noticed any endurance increase previously).

Resveratrol Cocktail:
8 oz of grapefruit juice
1 tsp of lecithin
BAC ALCAR 1.5 g
BAC Pomegranate40p 250mg
BAC Luteolin 50mg
Milk Thistle 80% 500mg
Vitamin C 500mg
Rhodiola 100mg

How's the taste? ;)

#457 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:10 PM

Maxwatt,

Resveratrol Cocktail:
8 oz of grapefruit juice
1 tsp of lecithin
BAC ALCAR 1.5 g
BAC Pomegranate40p 250mg
BAC Luteolin 50mg
Milk Thistle 80% 500mg
Vitamin C 500mg
Rhodiola 100mg

How's the taste? ;)

healthnutty -- how did you measure your endurance?

#458 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 05:32 PM

Maxwatt,

Resveratrol Cocktail:
8 oz of grapefruit juice
1 tsp of lecithin
BAC ALCAR 1.5 g
BAC Pomegranate40p 250mg
BAC Luteolin 50mg
Milk Thistle 80% 500mg
Vitamin C 500mg
Rhodiola 100mg

How's the taste? ;)

It tastes okay. The 50% resveratrol is the worst tasting part of the drink.

Unfortunately I don't have any hard numbers for you. I play pretty intense ultimate frisbee. I'm basically doing all out sprints with some jogging and walking in between. My recovery time from my all out sprints has noticeably improved (can do sprints closer together) I also don't feel as wiped out after playing for an hour. Very weird.

When I get a chance I'll do some timed jogging in attempt to break a PR. Right now I'm jogging for fun and health with a friend and I haven't been going all out.

Edited by health_nutty, 12 December 2007 - 05:37 PM.

#459 ilanso

• 155 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:50 AM

albertn: I mixed 2 grams of resveratrol with about 30 ml of DMSO. I know that this was way above what should be dissolved, but I figured at worst, I would waste some resveratrol. After mixing, I could discern no particles in the gel (I can however see very small particles when I mix resveratrol with lecithin). I applied it to both my hips (with no oral intake) and the hives returned. They also returned in places no where near my hip, so resveratrol probably got into my system. (I washed my hands after the application and I doubt that the hives were because of accidental contact with the resveratrol/DMSO mixture. Furthermore, although there were a few hives within location where I had applied resveratrol, most of the skin that came into direct contact that did not develop hives.) The amount that I used was small, it was on a couple of fingertips and was enough to cover maybe an eight inch diameter of skin and get completely rubbed in.

Since the resveratrol seemed to be dissolved by the DMSO completely, the next day I added 2 more grams of resveratrol to the mix. Again, it seemed to completely dissolve.
(I estimate that the 4 grams of resveratrol I mixed in with 30 ml of DMSO should last at least 2 weeks to a month.)

I am just about to embark on a similar regimen. Albert, was your DMSO's purity 99% or the same 70% gel you had used previously?

malbecman: I just got 200 mgs (weighed out) dissolved into 750 ul (microliters) of pure DMSO. So that is a measured solubility of ~266 mgs/ml and I actually think its a bit higher than that, eg, I could have used less volume. The hard part that has been alluded to before is that the resveratrol makes a real sticky sludge/paste at first when you add the DMSO and so getting all the last little bits dissolved takes a lot of stirring and/or time.

Malbecman, did you use the resulting sludge as is or had it diluted to 70%?

I am thinking of first testing the solvent alone, just to establish a baseline. I am afraid 99% might be too strong (burning?), but I would prefer it that way if it weren't a problem. Any experience at that strength, anyone? I don't have distilled water (or a distiller) and using a steamer / condensation may take forever.
The next step will be preparing the sludge in a small wide-neck bottle (for easy finger access). Albert's 4g/30ml amount to 133mg/ml, vs malbecman's double that. Again, I don't know what concentration Albert used - regardless, he may not have gone after the maximum.
I am unsure of the third step. Should I dilute at this point, or use it as is? Is tap (boiled and filtered) water a no-no? Fluoride in the blood?
Thanks for any input.

#460 asnufu

• 67 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:59 AM

albertn: I mixed 2 grams of resveratrol with about 30 ml of DMSO. I know that this was way above what should be dissolved, but I figured at worst, I would waste some resveratrol. After mixing, I could discern no particles in the gel (I can however see very small particles when I mix resveratrol with lecithin). I applied it to both my hips (with no oral intake) and the hives returned. They also returned in places no where near my hip, so resveratrol probably got into my system. (I washed my hands after the application and I doubt that the hives were because of accidental contact with the resveratrol/DMSO mixture. Furthermore, although there were a few hives within location where I had applied resveratrol, most of the skin that came into direct contact that did not develop hives.) The amount that I used was small, it was on a couple of fingertips and was enough to cover maybe an eight inch diameter of skin and get completely rubbed in.

Since the resveratrol seemed to be dissolved by the DMSO completely, the next day I added 2 more grams of resveratrol to the mix. Again, it seemed to completely dissolve.
(I estimate that the 4 grams of resveratrol I mixed in with 30 ml of DMSO should last at least 2 weeks to a month.)

I am just about to embark on a similar regimen. Albert, was your DMSO's purity 99% or the same 70% gel you had used previously?

malbecman: I just got 200 mgs (weighed out) dissolved into 750 ul (microliters) of pure DMSO. So that is a measured solubility of ~266 mgs/ml and I actually think its a bit higher than that, eg, I could have used less volume. The hard part that has been alluded to before is that the resveratrol makes a real sticky sludge/paste at first when you add the DMSO and so getting all the last little bits dissolved takes a lot of stirring and/or time.

I am thinking of first testing the solvent alone, just to establish a baseline. I am afraid 99% might be too strong (burning?), but I would prefer it that way if it weren't a problem. Any experience at that strength, anyone? I don't have distilled water (or a distiller) and using a steamer / condensation may take forever.
The next step will be preparing the sludge in a small wide-neck bottle (for easy finger access). Albert's 4g/30ml amount to 133mg/ml, vs malbecman's double that. Again, I don't know what concentration Albert used - regardless, he may not have gone after the maximum.
I am unsure of the third step. Should I dilute at this point, or use it as is? Is tap (boiled and filtered) water a no-no? Fluoride in the blood?
Thanks for any input.

I use a 70%/30& DMSO/Aloe solution with >98% resv to form a sludge at "the crook" that missminni referred to earlier, i.e. the usual draw-blood point of the arm. Now, this is purely subjective, but I notice that a rash on my chin that sometimes correlates with oral resv use has reappeared after two days of dmso administration - more indication a la albert's to greater availability. Also, a purely subjective sense of heightened stress levels followed by greater alertness today - this is so subjective as to be useless, though. Man, I long for blood..work.

#461 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:38 AM

How's the taste? :~

Unfortunately I don't have any hard numbers for you. I play pretty intense ultimate frisbee. I'm basically doing all out sprints with some jogging and walking in between. My recovery time from my all out sprints has noticeably improved (can do sprints closer together) I also don't feel as wiped out after playing for an hour. Very weird.

When I get a chance I'll do some timed jogging in attempt to break a PR. Right now I'm jogging for fun and health with a friend and I haven't been going all out.

If you work out this way (ultimate frisbee) more than three times a week, increased endurance is as likely due to a training effect. If it's once or twice a week, maybe it's the resveratrol.

If you can afford 98% resveratrol, it's nearly tasteless. So are some of the better 50% extracts.

#462 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:44 PM

malbecman: I just got 200 mgs (weighed out) dissolved into 750 ul (microliters) of pure DMSO. So that is a measured solubility of ~266 mgs/ml and I actually think its a bit higher than that, eg, I could have used less volume. The hard part that has been alluded to before is that theresveratrol makes a real sticky sludge/paste at first when you add the DMSO and so getting all the last little bits dissolved takes a lot of stirring and/or time.

Thanks for any input.

The DMSO I use is diluted with Aloe. 70/30. I never find it irritating. I've was told by Dr Jacobs not to use it full strength. Why not get some aloe Vera extract and dilute it with that. Or maybe spring water. I wouldn't use tap water.
Also, I find mixing on the skin easiest and the least messy. Spray first and sprinkle with powder. You can measure out the amount of powder
you want to use first. Sprinkle it a little at a time and as it absorbs, rub a little, and sprinkle a little more.

#463 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:54 PM

How's the taste? :~

If you work out this way (ultimate frisbee) more than three times a week, increased endurance is as likely due to a training effect. If it's once or twice a week, maybe it's the resveratrol.

If you can afford 98% resveratrol, it's nearly tasteless. So are some of the better 50% extracts.

After 2.5 years of ultimate playing 2x per week (with running and weightlifting before that), I was somewhat leveled off on my improvements. However, the last couple of weeks have shown a noticeable improvement again.

#464 malbecman

• 733 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:10 PM

I can attest that the 70% DMSO/30% H20 mixture works much better at absorption of resveratrol, just like has been said. It's still a bit oily/gloopy when you first apply it but it absorbs much faster than the pure DMSO and is not as messy-I also don't see quite as much fine white residue on my skin when its all absorbed (which was always a very little amount to begin with). I was able to use a pretty small volume, say ~200-250ul, for a 100mg doseage. No idea about overall rate or extent of absorption as has been talked about by others and whether this is an improvement over an oral dosage but it does represent an interesting 2nd route of administration, esp. for site specific problems.

#465 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:23 PM

I did a bit of a run today to see if I could be my PR for a 5 mile run with some small hills. Last time I really went for a PR was over a year ago (and I built up to it over a long period of time) I ran a 7:17. Recently I've been doing the same route at an easy pace (9:30) as to not affect my ultimate frisbee perfomance the next day. I did get a cramp on the way back so I might be able to do better next time.

This time: 7:21 pace or 36min 46sec

So, I didn't beat my PR, but my endurance felt really strong. If I didn't have the cramp I probably could have pushed through my PR.

I should probably add that I haven't been running for my best time consistently enough to draw any conclusions at all. Just a story really :~

Edited by health_nutty, 13 December 2007 - 08:40 PM.

#466 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:33 PM

I did a bit of a run today to see if I could be my PR for a 5 mile run with some small hills. Last time I really went for a PR was over a year ago (and I built up to it over a long period of time) I ran a 7:17. Recently I've been doing the same route at an easy pace (9:30) as to not affect my ultimate frisbee perfomance the next day. I did get a cramp on the way back so I might be able to do better next time.

This time: 7:21 pace or 36min 46sec

So, I didn't beat my PR, but my endurance felt really strong. If I didn't have the cramp I probably could have pushed through my PR.

I found NAC to virtually eliminate any cramping from running.

#467 ilanso

• 155 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:43 PM

missminni: The DMSO I use is diluted with Aloe. 70/30. I never find it irritating. I've was told by Dr Jacobs not to use it full strength. Why not get some aloe Vera extract and dilute it with that. Or maybe spring water. I wouldn't use tap water.
Also, I find mixing on the skin easiest and the least messy. Spray first and sprinkle with powder. You can measure out the amount of powder
you want to use first. Sprinkle it a little at a time and as it absorbs, rub a little, and sprinkle a little more.

I am interested in premixing because the amount of DMSO going in can also be standardized (with your approach, only the Resv. is exactly measured). Also, having it at the ready in a vitamin pill bottle in the refrigerator makes it a 1-2-3 application whenever I want, for whomever in the house (looks like a thin cream) or on the road (put it in a conditioner bottle and you can take it on the plane). If this delivery mechanism proves viable, I am sure people like Anthony will prefer selling the ready-mixed version over the spray-and-rub system.
I am just wondering what specific dog body part is the ideal place to rub it on.

#468 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:15 PM

missminni: The DMSO I use is diluted with Aloe. 70/30. I never find it irritating. I've was told by Dr Jacobs not to use it full strength. Why not get some aloe Vera extract and dilute it with that. Or maybe spring water. I wouldn't use tap water.

I am interested in premixing because the amount of DMSO going in can also be standardized (with your approach, only the Resv. is exactly measured). Also, having it at the ready in a vitamin pill bottle in the refrigerator makes it a 1-2-3 application whenever I want, for whomever in the house (looks like a thin cream) or on the road (put it in a conditioner bottle and you can take it on the plane). If this delivery mechanism proves viable, I am sure people like Anthony will prefer selling the ready-mixed version over the spray-and-rub system.
I am just wondering what specific dog body part is the ideal place to rub it on.

You are right. It would be more convenient. I just worry that pre-mixing might degrade the Res. Are we sure it wouldn't?

#469 ilanso

• 155 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:14 AM

You are right. It would be more convenient. I just worry that pre-mixing might degrade the Res. Are we sure it wouldn't?

Well, it's just a solvent - it's the exposure to oxygen (or light) that's worrisome. The quickest way to test it is asking Albert, who's done it already, whether he still gets hives 2 weeks or a month into using the mixture. My bet is he still does.

#470 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:10 PM

Really, I think we should have some rigorous 'Albert' tests for many of the methods listed in this thread to check bioavailability. As a matter of fact, it should be industry standard to Albert test all resv supps and administration methods. Has anyone contact David Sinclair yet about giving SIRT501 the Albert test yet?

Edited by mikeinnaples, 14 December 2007 - 03:10 PM.

#471 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:21 PM

Well, it's just a solvent - it's the exposure to oxygen (or light) that's worrisome. The quickest way to test it is asking Albert, who's done it already, whether he still gets hives 2 weeks or a month into using the mixture. My bet is he still does.

Great idea. Albert?
But wouldn't the fact that the
DMSO IS a solvent effect the stability of the Res, regardless of light or exposure? I would love my suspicion to be unfounded as
it is so messy to mix it each time.

#472 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:49 PM

Great idea. Albert?
DMSO IS a solvent effect the stability of the Res, regardless of light or exposure? I would love my suspicion to be unfounded as

At pH below 11, trans-resveratrol does not convert to cis-resveratrol. In an ethanolic solution, under fluorescent laboratory lighting, there was about a 50% conversion to cis-resveratrol. I believe a solution of trans-resveratrol in a pH-neutral solution of 70% / 30% DMSO/water would be sufficiently stable for this method of mixing, if kept in a sealed container at room temperature or lower, for at least a month.

FWIW, topical administration of DMSO/resveratrol to my right big toe has shown continued improvement in flexibility, not just at that joint, but along the metatarsal. I've also felt itching from within the joint, a sensation I associate with healing.

#473 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:52 PM

I actually started spraying DMSO this morning without resveratrol to personally see if it affects my skin.

I sprayed it right between my wrist and knuckles on the top side of my left hand. Then simply spread it a bit with my other hand, kind of like putting on cologne.

I did feel a slight sunburn sensation on my left hand where I initially sprayed, but I didn't feel anything on my right hand at all. I will continue this for a day or so to make sure I personally have no skin irritation. Then I will start using the 99% powder.

I have spoken to our consultant in California, and he is gathering some information regarding human plasma tests we could try to perform. He tells me that because of his time with his students, the testing and grading in December and the Holidays we will probably start hammering out some procedures for human plasma testing after the new year. I have already proposed to fly out to California to be one of the guinea pigs after we determine how we want to proceed with the different types of 'intake' testing (testing capsule quantities, DMSO, possibly injectables, and small particle trans-resveratrol we have a company looking into.).

I have to run this by a few people and see if it's feasible, but...
maybe some of the forum members that live near/in southern California would like to be guinea pigs/ subjects as well? Sure, we would pay you nothing, and make you sign a bunch of waivers and paperwork, but maybe it would be something to consider.

Let me know if that last paragraph interests members here.

A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 14 December 2007 - 03:53 PM.

#474 malbecman

• 733 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:14 PM

Right, I agree with Maxwatt; I wouldn't expect the DMSO/water to affect the stability as long as you kept the solution in the dark (no UV!) like in an appropriate container or closed cabinet or refrigerator. If you wanted to hedge your bets, I would just make up enough for 2-4 weeks at a time.

you are right. It would be more convenient. I just worry that pre-mixing might degrade the Res. Are we sure it wouldn't?
Great idea. Albert?

#475 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:29 PM

Would in a heartbeat Anthony if it was in Florida :~

#476 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:23 PM

At pH below 11, trans-resveratrol does not convert to cis-resveratrol. In an ethanolic solution, under fluorescent laboratory lighting, there was about a 50% conversion to cis-resveratrol. I believe a solution of trans-resveratrol in a pH-neutral solution of 70% / 30% DMSO/water would be sufficiently stable for this method of mixing, if kept in a sealed container at room temperature or lower, for at least a month.

FWIW, topical administration of DMSO/resveratrol to my right big toe has shown continued improvement in flexibility, not just at that joint, but along the metatarsal. I've also felt itching from within the joint, a sensation I associate with healing.

That's great news. I noticed my toe still gets a little pain at the very tip...it's so strange. Just sometimes. Not all the time.
As for the Res in DMSO - my Dsmo is cut with aloe. Would that matter?
Also, a friend of mine tried to order the DMSO with Aloe from the place I recommended and they said they just ran out. Evidently a lot of people are suddenly buying it. I guess a lot of readers here are trying it. I hope they will post their results.

#477 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 01:59 AM

maybe some of the forum members that live near/in southern California would like to be guinea pigs/ subjects as well? Sure, we would pay you nothing, and make you sign a bunch of waivers and paperwork, but maybe it would be something to consider.

I live about 3 hours North of LA and would most definitely be interested. Count me in. Cost or waivers are not a problem. I have been taking 70% DMSO with resveratrol for 7 days. I have similar reports as to it's application as others. I tried it first on my arm and made a big mess. I then tried filling my belly button with DMSO/Resv for a few days but went back to the arm. I just use less resveratrol. It makes less of a mess and gets absorbed nicely. I've also taken some of the DMSO/Resv slime and applied it to right cheek to take a long shot and see if it repairs skin damage. I am also placing some slime on a slightly sore tendon on the back of my knee that I've had for years. No effect yet on the tendon and no one has commented that half my face looks 20 years younger. I do experience some low level burning sensation on my face and I have to wash off the DMSO/Resv residue to stop the pain after about a half hour(no noticeable residue prior to washing). I have been keeping some before and after endurence and peak power numbers. (road cycling and stair climber) So far the results suggest a positive power/endurance effect from DMSO/resveratrol. I will post the results after a couple more weeks of data. I want to try and limit as much expectation/placebo effects as I can. I'll add that I am taking about 1/4 of the resveratrol that I was using before my switch to DMSO/Resv (98% Resv with Mirilax).

#478 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 02:47 AM

I live about 3 hours North of LA and would most definitely be interested. Count me in. Cost or waivers are not a problem. I have been taking 70% DMSO with resveratrol for 7 days. I have similar reports as to it's application as others. I tried it first on my arm and made a big mess. I then tried filling my belly button with DMSO/Resv for a few days but went back to the arm. I just use less resveratrol. It makes less of a mess and gets absorbed nicely. I've also taken some of the DMSO/Resv slime and applied it to right cheek to take a long shot and see if it repairs skin damage. I am also placing some slime on a slightly sore tendon on the back of my knee that I've had for years. No effect yet on the tendon and no one has commented that half my face looks 20 years younger. I do experience some low level burning sensation on my face and I have to wash off the DMSO/Resv residue to stop the pain after about a half hour(no noticeable residue prior to washing). I have been keeping some before and after endurence and peak power numbers. (road cycling and stair climber) So far the results suggest a positive power/endurance effect from DMSO/resveratrol. I will post the results after a couple more weeks of data. I want to try and limit as much expectation/placebo effects as I can. I'll add that I am taking about 1/4 of the resveratrol that I was using before my switch to DMSO/Resv (98% Resv with Mirilax).

From what I was told by Dr. Jacobs, you should not use 70% on your face. You should use 50%. Try diluting
it a bit more.

#479 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 03:54 AM

I'm just a little surprised that the same people who complained about the effects of emodin are now using 99% resveratrol and mixing it with a laxative. But if it makes them run faster ...

That was my thought, Lucid or any others, any laxitive effects from the PEG aka Miralax?

I've been mixing my 99% t-res with lecithin and olive oil and taking it along with various polyphenols including quercetin and yes bioperine (ive been converted). I'm a little afraid of anything called Miralax

Edited by edward, 15 December 2007 - 03:55 AM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#480 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 04:48 AM

I'm just a little surprised that the same people who complained about the effects of emodin are now using 99% resveratrol and mixing it with a laxative. But if it makes them run faster ...

That was my thought, Lucid or any others, any laxitive effects from the PEG aka Miralax?

I've been mixing my 99% t-res with lecithin and olive oil and taking it along with various polyphenols including quercetin and yes bioperine (ive been converted). I'm a little afraid of anything called Miralax

Resveratrol with miralax does not immediately cause a laxative effect; one uses about a gram of Miralax per dose, and the laxative dose of miralax is 17 grams. However I and several others have found the Miralax effect to be cumulative. Lecithin is equally effective as a surfactant for resveratrol, and does not have laxative effects.

Edited by maxwatt, 15 December 2007 - 04:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users