Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Maximizing Resveratrol Effectiveness

• Please log in to reply
1084 replies to this topic

#1051 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:55 PM

My endurance has gone through the roof since I started taking res sublingually. In alcohol seems to work best. I do add some lecithin as well. I've also lost fat to the point where you can see a six pack (never had one before in my life). I was pretty lean before, but I'm starting to look like a real athlete (abliet a pretty thin one).

Edited by health_nutty, 02 December 2009 - 05:55 PM.

#1052 sagecucumber

• 32 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:44 AM

I read this entire thread a couple months ago and was interested in trying a few of the methods suggested.

I didn't care for taking it dissolved in alcohol. I dissolved 300 mg in slightly warmed vodka and held in my mouth for five minutes or so before swallowing. I noticed the resv fell out of solution rather quickly in my mouth. It also seemed more course than when I just throw the powder in my mouth. In addition I felt it was too dilute for good buccal delivery. It seems to me, having the straight powder directly under your tongue would be superior.

I also tried it in DMSO. I planned to keep adding resv to 100 grams 70% DMSO until I hit the saturation point, then I'd add a little more DMSO to get all the resv back in solution. Turns out I didn't have enough resveratrol in the bag that I brought with me to the lab. The 8.75 grams I had easily went into solution. I decided to use the solution as it was rather than add more later. I used it on my bad shoulder for a couple weeks and I think I noticed some improvement. I ended up getting lazy about it and quit because it was kind of a pain in the ass to apply. It takes a long time to absorb into the skin and I am cold first thing in the morning and more interested in getting my shirt on. I don't want to put it on later in the day because my wife and kids would be up and I don't want them near it.

Interesting, after it sat in the bottle for a few weeks I opened it up to have a look. The solution had turned tan and a good amount of the resveratrol had precipitated out and was very dark in color. I conclude the method Missminni described earlier in the thread of spraying on the DMSO then sprinkling the resv is a superior method. I'm going to resume DMSO delivery when the weather warms and I'm going to use missminni's method.

Protein shake. I also tried dissolving it in milk. I blended 300 mg into 12 oz full fat milk and let it sit for about 15 minutes before drinking. When I got to the bottom of the glass there was resveratrol residue clearly visible on the bottom of the glass. I've read that resveratrol is good to take with whey protein as its supposed to bind with the protein. Since I have no way to determine if this is true (the way I was able to determine it doesn't go into milk very well) I decided I could dissolve it in Olive Oil before adding to a the shake. I added 300mg to 25 mL olive oil and stirred and swished it with a plastic pipet for a long time (ten minutes?). It seemed like a lot went into solution but not all of it. I decided to use it anyway in my shake. I also decided to add an egg yolk. Lecithin seems to be a popular tool in this thread and I have lecithin available. However, as a food scientist, I know egg yolk is a far superior emulsifier than straight lecithin, so i think there's a good chance it will be better to use with resv.

It's tough to know without testing blood levels with different delivery methods, but I think taking a portion of your dose (10 to 25%) sublingually and the rest of it in a shake like I described above is probably about as good as you're going to get.

Thoughts?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1053 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:23 AM

Interesting experimentation, its nice to have the time to do all that. Potentiating Resveratrol is a concern somewhat, I use the pre-emulsified, micronized version and the pure micronized powder in a fruit juice/ whey powder mixture along with a capsule of MCT-Q and Mito-gold. If this potentiates is an unknown, as I have no labs either and am going by subjective "feel". Consistent peak levels are what Im after, and if nothing else, regular ingestion, even if its EOD or 5 on, 2 off, will facilitate that to some degree, in my opinion. I wouldnt use DMSO as a transdermal carrier, loading a solution takes a bit more than just mixing it up, and the amount of Resveratrol absorbed with it may be negligible. There was a carrier available, with instructions to mix with powders somewhere and there are transdermal products available.

#1054 sagecucumber

• 32 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:00 PM

For me, Maximizing Resveratrol Effectiveness includes maximizing it's cost effectiveness. It'd be great to just take the high-end micronized with lecithin etc, however if I can pay less for bulk powder then take steps to make it as effective as the most advanced pill form, it's worth while for me. I may try taking micronized powder for the portion I take sublingually. It seems logical to pay more for the portion that I want to have absorb directly, and pay less for the portion that is going into solution and along with potentiating ingredients (egg yolk, olive oil whey protein).

Btw, the non-micronized powder I take is a pretty fine powder. Really fine. You guys who use the micronized powder, is it noticeably more absorbent in your mouth?

#1055 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:12 AM

For me, Maximizing Resveratrol Effectiveness includes maximizing it's cost effectiveness. It'd be great to just take the high-end micronized with lecithin etc, however if I can pay less for bulk powder then take steps to make it as effective as the most advanced pill form, it's worth while for me. I may try taking micronized powder for the portion I take sublingually. It seems logical to pay more for the portion that I want to have absorb directly, and pay less for the portion that is going into solution and along with potentiating ingredients (egg yolk, olive oil whey protein).

Btw, the non-micronized powder I take is a pretty fine powder. Really fine. You guys who use the micronized powder, is it noticeably more absorbent in your mouth?

Hedgehog measured particle size of several sources of powdered resveratrol, using a scanning electron microscope. A sample I provided him had most (>90%) of the particles under 10 microns in size, which is the upper limit of what is usually meant by micronized. I believe the revgenetetic powder is under 3 microns in size. We know that micronization results in a faster and higher peak concentration in the blood. However, I believe the AUC (area under the curve) is the same.

#1056 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:34 PM

Hi Maxwatt:

When talking particle size ....

Our trans-resveratrol particles in our current products is 1.5 Microns (D50) as measured on Mulitsizer that is made for manufacturing:
http://www.selectsci...r/?prodID=10046

The D50 represent the median or the 50th percentile of particle size distribution, respectively, as measured by volume. That is, the D50 is a value on the distribution such that 50% of the particles have a volume of this value or less.

Just wanted to clear this up for folks.

Cheers
A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 07 January 2010 - 02:42 PM.

#1057 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:02 PM

Any comments on liposomal resveratrol? Longevinex says its resveratrol is liposomal.

#1058 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:29 PM

Liposomes are another delivery system we looked at, however there were issues with it at the time that could be overcome by using micronized and tween.

So we opted for the latter...

Cheers
A

#1059 david ellis

• 1,014 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:02 PM

Are the liposomes already preformed, ready to go, or does liposomal mean "everything the body needs to make its own liposomes."

Edited by david ellis, 17 January 2010 - 08:03 PM.

#1060 Hedgehog

• 462 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:19 PM

Are the liposomes already preformed, ready to go, or does liposomal mean "everything the body needs to make its own liposomes."

liposomes are typically formed in water. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liposome

In this case resveratrol probably sites in the hydrophobic part of the molecule. Not sure what that really does.. I guess it makes the particle size smaller in theory but that still doesn't mean it is better. you can't tell that until testing. Also with the new sirtris information their work is not as trust worthy.

#1061 david ellis

• 1,014 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:37 PM

..liposomes are typically formed in water.

Hedgehog, thanks, I knew the part about water. I was not clear enough. Are the liposomes preformed complete and delivered in the supplement capsule, or are they created in the stomach/small intestine? Is the advantage of liposomes that they enter the lymphatic portal directly after the stomach opens? Does the lymphatic system deliver the liposomes throughout the body? Or does the distribution happen via blood vessels? I am trying to understand why liposomal delivery systems are supposed to be great. They probably are, I just don't understand the mechanics yet.

#1062 Hedgehog

• 462 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:24 PM

..liposomes are typically formed in water.

Hedgehog, thanks, I knew the part about water. I was not clear enough. Are the liposomes preformed complete and delivered in the supplement capsule, or are they created in the stomach/small intestine? Is the advantage of liposomes that they enter the lymphatic portal directly after the stomach opens? Does the lymphatic system deliver the liposomes throughout the body? Or does the distribution happen via blood vessels? I am trying to understand why liposomal delivery systems are supposed to be great. They probably are, I just don't understand the mechanics yet.

Check out some of the videos. It might help

I'm not sure if resveratrol is ready to be put into a liposome. Not sure why that would be better. In theory you can use this technology to target certain tissue. For example if you have a cancer cell and you want to only target this cell you make a liposome with receptors for the cancer cell. Inside the liposome you have your anti-cancer drug.

Liposome + Cancer drug + cancer receptors = targets cancer cells.

Also I believe that liposomes are used in IV medication. I would assume that would fall apart readily in the intestine??

#1063 david ellis

• 1,014 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:01 AM

Check out some of the videos. It might help

I'm not sure if resveratrol is ready to be put into a liposome. Not sure why that would be better. In theory you can use this technology to target certain tissue. For example if you have a cancer cell and you want to only target this cell you make a liposome with receptors for the cancer cell. Inside the liposome you have your anti-cancer drug.

Liposome + Cancer drug + cancer receptors = targets cancer cells.

Also I believe that liposomes are used in IV medication. I would assume that would fall apart readily in the intestine??

Hedgehog, thanks for the youtube video link. The link cleared up a lot of my questions.

#1064 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:22 PM

This is a cross post from another thread, but it's my post.

I've been part of and followed the years long Maximizing Resveratrol Effectiveness, How/when to take? The thread seems to have finished up its work, content in knowing for certain that micronized resveratrol in Tween is THE SOLUTION. I've been taking 10 l0ngev1nex capsules with 2 grams of Now quercetin every morning for a few weeks to treat prostate cancer. The L0ngev1nex was sent to me, gratis, by the journalist associated with the company. The 10 capsules gets me wired and keeps we wired thoughout the day until about 12 hours later when I start to crash. I availed myself of the 3 tablet free sample offered by Vinomis. I took all 3 tablets yesterday morning in place of the 10 L0ngev1nex and 2 grams quercetin. Much, much more wired. Feeling almost manic. So it looks like the argument that red wine extract contains powerful compounds which act like or or are stronger than resveratrol and the argument that substances in red wine protect resveratrol from digestion and the liver are true.

I've received my 4 bottles of MCT Quercetin. I'm waiting for my 4 bottles of Nitro 250 to arrive. I ordered these because Dr. Snuffy Myers recommends these for his prostate cancer patients. I'm going to order a bottle of Vindure 900 and compare its effects on me. A lot cheaper and apparantly just as bioavailable as L0ngev1nex, the Cadillac of resveratrols.

#1065 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:06 PM

I think we have a thread around here about quercetin (not resveratrol) making people feel different.

I ask folks only to consider resveratrol benefits after 4-6 weeks, because when taken alone... Resveratrol is not supposed to make you feel like a maniac... so the maniacal feeling is not a good indication of resveratrol activity. Anyone that says you are feeling something because of a better quality of res in the formulation, is misinforming you. Don't confuse Quercetin's action in your body for a 'better resveratrol'.

On the other side of the coin, resveratrol and quercetin should be taking in equal amounts, according to at least one study. So you will need to take extra quercetin with Vindure (which also adds cost...), the same goes for the other product you have taken 10 capsules of...

Have you tried res without quercetin?

A

#1066 zawy

• 291 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:17 PM

Since DMSO is used in research to carry resveratrol directly into cells, prostate cancer is one of the few cancers that resveratrol has a lot of hope for. In other words, I would apply a mixture of DMSO and 99% resveratrol directly to the prostate. The prostate is kind of big, so the opposite side is not likely to get a good dose, so oral Tween is the best you can do for that part. Otherwise, methylselenocysteine is the best oral treatment for most human cancers in animals (20,000 mcg/day to start with, dropping to 5,000 mcg/day for a year, then 2,000 mcg/day). 5 g/day of several mushroom extracts also looks hopeful, as well as 5,000 IU/day of vitamin D (lack of which is a major cause of prostate cancer as shown by its high correlation with latitude, dark skin, and staying indoors). I might also mix in zinc to kill any virus that might be there (a descendant of a rat virus is a cause of prostate cancer, spread quietly via sex). Vit D and Zinc both kill viruses and both decrease incidence of prostate cancer.

And 10 g fish oil/day.

#1067 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:53 AM

I think we have a thread around here about quercetin (not resveratrol) making people feel different.

I ask folks only to consider resveratrol benefits after 4-6 weeks, because when taken alone... Resveratrol is not supposed to make you feel like a maniac... so the maniacal feeling is not a good indication of resveratrol activity. Anyone that says you are feeling something because of a better quality of res in the formulation, is misinforming you. Don't confuse Quercetin's action in your body for a 'better resveratrol'.

On the other side of the coin, resveratrol and quercetin should be taking in equal amounts, according to at least one study. So you will need to take extra quercetin with Vindure (which also adds cost...), the same goes for the other product you have taken 10 capsules of...

Have you tried res without quercetin?

A

Manic is not the same as maniac. I can easly take quercetin (cheap capsules, since I see no reason to buy it in MCT when 96% of it gets excreted as glucosides) with the Vindure. Q conjugates and forms glucosides very quickly once it reaches the blood stream. Chaporone all you want, you still have to get the stuff into the blood stream and have it meet its fate there. I've been taking extra Q with the L0ngev1nex.

#1068 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:00 AM

Since DMSO is used in research to carry resveratrol directly into cells, prostate cancer is one of the few cancers that resveratrol has a lot of hope for. In other words, I would apply a mixture of DMSO and 99% resveratrol directly to the prostate. The prostate is kind of big, so the opposite side is not likely to get a good dose, so oral Tween is the best you can do for that part. Otherwise, methylselenocysteine is the best oral treatment for most human cancers in animals (20,000 mcg/day to start with, dropping to 5,000 mcg/day for a year, then 2,000 mcg/day). 5 g/day of several mushroom extracts also looks hopeful, as well as 5,000 IU/day of vitamin D (lack of which is a major cause of prostate cancer as shown by its high correlation with latitude, dark skin, and staying indoors). I might also mix in zinc to kill any virus that might be there (a descendant of a rat virus is a cause of prostate cancer, spread quietly via sex). Vit D and Zinc both kill viruses and both decrease incidence of prostate cancer.

And 10 g fish oil/day.

I'm taking the D3, the zinc and 12 g fish oil daily. Where am I to get 20,000 mcg of methylselenocysteine? I can only find bottle contain 200 mcg per capsule.

#1069 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:08 PM

Still, any increase in absorption provides more in the blood stream, that is the point of MCT.

#1070 zawy

• 291 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:39 PM

LEF and Jarrow are the only 2 sources of methylselenocysteine that I found and they both are 200 mcg. This may go back to the days when it was required by the FDA to not produce pills with anything larger (I believe they did the same thing with vitamin D3 at 400 IU). It's ironic that 2 of the top 3 pills on my list for health had the most fear surrounding them back in the 1980's. Anyway, the LEF pills are much smaller than the Jarrow. I saw them for sale on amazon and iherb for $9 a bottle and reasonable shipping. I think you can swallow 10 of them in 1 gulp. For prevention of cancer, I think I'm going to settle on 1,000 mcg/day for my remaining years. The toxicity at 1,000 mcg/day seems non-existent, especially when compared to the danger and probability of getting cancer. 5,000 mcg/day has some danger after roughly a year. Selenium forms and extrapolation to humans is a complex subject. I spent at least a week researching it 6 hours a day, buying the interesting papers. The effect is very cancer-specific, working at different effectiveness for different cancer cells lines. For example it does not work in a specific type of lung cancer, but does in 4 other lung cancer cell types, at different levels of effectiveness. As an average, and if the animal models can be extrapolated to humans, then progression of existing cancers is slowed to about 1/3 the normal rate at the doses I recommended. It's hard to know about prevention. There is a phase 3 trial going on now that uses the normal form that is usually found in pills, but it is known from animal models that it is the least effective kind. So unfortunately, the results are not going to be very good and "selenium" will get a bad rap. They're stuck on the kind found in yeast because there were 2 of large studies in the 1990's that showed roughly a 50% decrease in all types of cancer at 200 mcg/day. The first researcher disavows the connection because he says the study was only meant to look at skin cancer, which was negative.

Sodium selenite has 2 or 3 times more animals studies for cancer and works a bit differently, but it is a lot more toxic, roughly 3 to 5 times more toxic. Twin lab sells it. If I was in a desperate situation, I would add 1,000 to 2,000 mcg sodium selenite. I would view it as chemo because it causes free radicals and hair to fall out somewhere around 5,000 mcg/day.

My older posts show a lot of rambling on and pubmed links about sodium selenite and then finally showing where I settled with methylselenocysteine.

#1071 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:22 PM

anthony would have me believe that the manic, wired effect I get from resveratrol is a placebo effect or the amplification of something else I'm taking.

Well, yesterday I took 10 L0ngev1nex upon arising with 6 grams of regular quercetin. Lunchtime I took another 10 with another 6 grams. I took, in late afternoon, 4 Nicto 250 and 4 MCT Quercetin. I became full of energy. I push myself to do a 2 hour walk in the evening. Last night I was close to running the distance, finished what I cover in a fast pace in about 45 minutes.

This morning I took 2.5 grams of Nicto 250 and the same amount of MCT Quercetin. I am speeding, speeding, speeding. If this is placebo or activation of another med, I don't understand.

Slept like a teenager last night and awoke this morning feeling full of energy.

Now I've been taking 500 mg. of IP6 per kg. bodyweight and 137.5 mg. of Inositol per kg. of bodyweight for some months now. I wonder, with the IP6, quercetin, L0ngev1nex in high (8-19 caps with equal amount of quercetin), whether or not I've started to remoce calcium in my pineal gland or there's something else with the resveratrol making my sleep so very profound.

OK, I'm going to use the micronized resveratrol and teh MCT quercetin. But in the quantities I need to take the stuff I'll buy the 25 grams of micronized and create a whey shake. I'm looking to do 3 grams of micronized resveratrol at one time with MCT Quercetin for a week or two, then drop down to one capsule of Nitro 250 and take restorative mixed vitamin Es, oral C and LEf mix.

#1072 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:04 AM

anthony would have me believe that the manic, wired effect I get from resveratrol is a placebo effect or the amplification of something else I'm taking.

Well, yesterday I took 10 L0ngev1nex upon arising with 6 grams of regular quercetin. Lunchtime I took another 10 with another 6 grams. I took, in late afternoon, 4 Nicto 250 and 4 MCT Quercetin. I became full of energy. I push myself to do a 2 hour walk in the evening. Last night I was close to running the distance, finished what I cover in a fast pace in about 45 minutes.

This morning I took 2.5 grams of Nicto 250 and the same amount of MCT Quercetin. I am speeding, speeding, speeding. If this is placebo or activation of another med, I don't understand.

Slept like a teenager last night and awoke this morning feeling full of energy.

Now I've been taking 500 mg. of IP6 per kg. bodyweight and 137.5 mg. of Inositol per kg. of bodyweight for some months now. I wonder, with the IP6, quercetin, L0ngev1nex in high (8-19 caps with equal amount of quercetin), whether or not I've started to remoce calcium in my pineal gland or there's something else with the resveratrol making my sleep so very profound.

OK, I'm going to use the micronized resveratrol and teh MCT quercetin. But in the quantities I need to take the stuff I'll buy the 25 grams of micronized and create a whey shake. I'm looking to do 3 grams of micronized resveratrol at one time with MCT Quercetin for a week or two, then drop down to one capsule of Nitro 250 and take restorative mixed vitamin Es, oral C and LEf mix.

I hope this works for you, and in reality it should do something good. Mixing Res with whey is what I have done for some time now. Im thinking you could add a Tocotrienol supplement and get better benefits than mixed Vit. E, you may also benefit from including L-Carnitine and an RLA product taken together when you awaken. These can be obtained from Geronova. I think raising and lowering your Res. dose is a good idea as well as combining the types, (capsules and powder). I take slightly higher dose of Res. than my MCT Q, but Im still combiing them, I think they are synergistic together. Im glad to hear youre getting good sleep and energy.

#1073 M4Y0U

• 108 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:31 AM

Drink 120ml red wine with it... At least you'll get the phytochemicals (due to the fermentation process and other biochemical reactions in red wine) missing in resveratrol taken alone...

Best regards,
M4

#1074 farang

• 17 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:43 PM

I'm taking the D3, the zinc and 12 g fish oil daily. Where am I to get 20,000 mcg of methylselenocysteine? I can only find bottle contain 200 mcg per capsule.

Isn't 12 g fish oil daily too much? I've read that this may cause bleeding in the brain (blood thinner). For those in know, pls explain.

#1075 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:42 AM

I hope this works for you, and in reality it should do something good. Mixing Res with whey is what I have done for some time now. Im thinking you could add a Tocotrienol supplement and get better benefits than mixed Vit. E, you may also benefit from including L-Carnitine and an RLA product taken together when you awaken. These can be obtained from Geronova. I think raising and lowering your Res. dose is a good idea as well as combining the types, (capsules and powder). I take slightly higher dose of Res. than my MCT Q, but Im still combiing them, I think they are synergistic together. Im glad to hear youre getting good sleep and energy.

What is the bioavailability of RES with whey versus the Tween 80 with micronized approach (assuming quercetin is taken in either case)? I'm going to try a month of 3 grams RES either as Nitro 250 and MCT Quercetin or Revg's micronized powder mixed into whey plus 3 grams MCT Quercetin. The difference is $359.17 for micronized with whey versus $509.33 for Nitro 250, shipping included.

The 3 grams of RES are calculated to oxidize cancer. In my case, prostate cancer.

#1076 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:36 AM

I cant give stats or specs regarding absorbtion, but I think whey does help somewhat. Im taking the N250 and M98 together, the M98 is combined with the whey powder mixed with fruit juice and some Toco 8, the N250 is chased with this. I think combining the 2 types of Res. may be helpful in creating the spike. I hope this helps you in defining your regimen. Please keep us posted here regarding developments.

#1077 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:35 AM

And 10 g fish oil/day.

Mmm, I tried and tried but I just can't apply DMSO to my prostate. It's like internal and I'm external. Do you mean to say I should apply the DMSO laced with RESV onto my scrotum?

You say that prostate cancer is one of the few cancers that RESV has a bit of hope for. I didn't realize that this had been established yet. Cancers have a problem with the P53 gene. RESV appears to re-activate this gene.

#1078 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:56 AM

Quick update. At some point I was frustrated with the increasing amount of resveratrol that was seemingly needed to obtain "rat like" plasma levels. This was maybe a year ago. Then I recently read about the buccal method and I decided to give it a try again.

Method (one in the morning and once in the evening):
1) Prep with Listerine for 30sec. Spit out then...
2) 100-150mg scoop of 98% resvertrol under the tongue.
3) One cap of vodka (less than a tablespoon).
4) Swish in mouth for 10 minutes
5) Swallow.

There probably isn't nearly enough alcohol to fully dissolve the resveratrol, but i'm hoping it keeps the pores in my mouth open during the the swishing (keeping the mouthwash prep effective for longer).

Using this method I have experienced *significant* anti-inflammatory effects. Like maxwatt's toe, I have a indicator as well: my midback stiffness. The vertebre in my back are significantly more "free" 30 minutes after ingestion. The anti-inflammatory effect is stronger than 600mg of ibuprophen (advil). The anti-inflammatory is also much much greater than the even 800mg of resveratrol (1.6g of 50%) resveratrol I was taking in the past.

I'm a pretty active person (lift, run, play ultimate frisbee). I will keep you guys updated on any performance effects (I should at least get a nice placebo boost). :)

I just received some powdered 98% RESV. I weighed out 110 mg. and placed it in a shot glass, poured enough Bacardi 151 proof rum to dissolve, put it in my mouth. It burned, so I added some distilled water. I swished this around for about 25 minutes until there was too much saliva to go on. I developed a very severe case of anxiety and a feeling of being hyper. I could hardly think straight I was so anxious. A few minutes after swallowing the solution the anxiety went away. I'm convinced I got a large dose of RESV in my bloodstream and kept my level of blood serum RESV high. I take 3 grams of RESV in tween 80 with 3 grams of Quercetin in MCT and I don't get the anxiety and hyper feeling. No, it's not the alcohol. Alcohol mellows me out. I can't believe I had a placebo effect.

#1079 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:11 PM

It's taking forever for the outfit in Florida to start selling their RESV gum. What's up with that? All promotion and no sales? Reminds me of the magical compound that was supposed to raise SOD levels in the body. That, I suspect, was actually a version of pump and dump.

I'm going to place an order for a bubble gum making kit. I'll mix the RESV into the gum during the kneading step. I've found a place that sells 98% RESV powder (non-micronized, but who cares if you're dissolving it in whiskey or kneading it into bubble gum?) for $1/gram. The vendor is Vitaspace.com . I've been placing 100-200 mg. scoops of the sample Vitaspace sent me into Bacardi 151 rum for swishing. Managed to get up to 1 hour of swishing in this morning. I'm looking to not have to spend ~~$500 a month to get bio-available RESV into my system equivalent of 3+ grams.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1080 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:53 PM

Hi browser,

I think you should just get micronized resveratrol and put it behind your cheek, like a baseball player.

I have also answered the reasons before, namely $10 for a pack of gum and preventing your saliva from swallowing the res when you chew maybe difficult.

Look browser, I have heard what you are up against, but it would not serve my conscious right to produce such a product and sell it too you, when I don't believe it maybe as effective as a scoop of micro-resveratrol behind your cheek. Just because we can make it, doesn't mean it is the best option for some folks because of the limit different issues including a limit of resveratrol per piece of gum.

It would be great for young adults without issues, but I am not sure it would be good for specific purposes that require a consistent high dose of resveratrol. Now, would you really buy gum instead of the micronized bulk powder, if you knew that it would be much more expensive for what you get?

It simply doesn't seem reasonable to me.

A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 08 March 2010 - 01:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users