Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Maximizing Resveratrol Effectiveness

• Please log in to reply
1084 replies to this topic

#991 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:00 PM

In my experience, the emulsified product has afforded me the best results with the least amount of sides. It may take some getting used to but this seems to be the best viable option. The other options are use of a TD lotion and the micronized powder mixed with water, whey, creatine and glutamine. After a brief break from supplementing, I have been combining my emulsified oral RSV with an emulsified capsule of RLA, RDHLA, and Tocotrienols swallowed with the aforementioned powdered mixture. This seems to give a good energy boost. Comments?

#992 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:51 AM

In my experience, the emulsified product has afforded me the best results with the least amount of sides. It may take some getting used to but this seems to be the best viable option. The other options are use of a TD lotion and the micronized powder mixed with water, whey, creatine and glutamine. After a brief break from supplementing, I have been combining my emulsified oral RSV with an emulsified capsule of RLA, RDHLA, and Tocotrienols swallowed with the aforementioned powdered mixture. This seems to give a good energy boost. Comments?

What's a TD lotion? Maybe it's the other stuff you're taking it with, but clean resveratrol shouldn't really provide an energy boost, should it?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#993 immortality101

• 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:23 AM

Are Biotivia Transmax capsules good? In the forum i read about everyone mixing their res with whey or lecithin or alcohol. What about just taking a capsule? Transmax is supposed to be 250% more bioavailable. Thoughts?

Hey Anthony

I'm currently using the micronized res and I have to admit I love it so far. I currently mix it in with my whey protein and let it sit over night. According to the website it says you can reach 300% more bio availability mixing it with whey. I was wondering if you knew if I should also mix it with a 2:1 ratio of simple carbs to protein. That's the general rule for working out and I didn't know if that would help or hinder res. Would I be better off just getting some tween 80?

Second question might seem a little crazy. I've done roids in the past so it really wouldnt bother me to much but what do you think about ..well you get the idea. Wouldn't I skip the whole 1st pass that seems to kill bio availability?

#994 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:50 AM

What's a TD lotion? Maybe it's the other stuff you're taking it with, but clean resveratrol shouldn't really provide an energy boost, should it?

TD is a transdermal, it provides approx. 150 mgs per application. Perhaps "energy boost" was not accurate, I should say enhanced stamina instead, it, in no way, approximates caffeine or any stimulant. Yes, I think Resveratrol should do this, combinations of vitamins, (provided one is deficient) can do this also.

Edited by 2tender, 11 June 2009 - 10:55 AM.

#995 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:43 PM

This study shows resveratrol is more bioavailable when taken in the morning.

Molecular Nutrition & Food Research
Volume 53 Issue S1, Pages 7 - 15

Published Online: 4 Feb 2009 HERE

Pharmacokinetic and safety profile of trans-resveratrol in a rising multiple-dose study in healthy volunteers
Luis Almeida 1 2, Manuel Vaz-da-Silva 1, Amílcar Falcão 3, Eva Soares 1, Raquel Costa 1, Ana I. Loureiro 1, Carlos Fernandes-Lopes 1, José-Francisco Rocha 1, Teresa Nunes 1, Lyndon Wright 1, Patrício Soares-da-Silva 2 *
1Department of Research and Development, BIAL - Portela & Co SA, S Mamede do Coronado, Portugal. Fax: +351-22-9866192
2Institute of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto, Portugal
34Health Consulting, Cantanhede, Portugal
email: Patrício Soares-da-Silva (psoares.silva at bial.com)

*Correspondence to Patrício Soares-da-Silva, 1Department of Research and Development, BIAL - Portela & Co SA, S Mamede do Coronado, Portugal. Fax: +351-22-9866192

Keywords
Bioavailability • Healthy subjects • Pharmacokinetics • Safety • Trans-resveratrol

Abstract
This was a double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled study to investigate the pharmacokinetics and safety of trans-resveratrol. In four groups of ten healthy adult subjects (five males and five females), two subjects were randomized to receive placebo and eight subjects to receive trans-resveratrol 25, 50, 100 or 150 mg, six times/day, for thirteen doses. Peak plasma concentrations of trans-resveratrol were reached at 0.8-1.5 h postdose. Following the 13th dose of trans-resveratrol 25, 50, 100 and 150 mg, mean peak plasma concentration (Cmax) was 3.89, 7.39, 23.1 and 63.8 ng/mL and mean area under the plasma concentration-time curve (AUC0-) was 3.1, 11.2, 33.0 and 78.9 ng·h/mL. Interindividual variability was high, with coefficients of variation >40%. Trans-resveratrol half-life was 1-3 h following single-doses and 2-5 h following repeated dosing. Trough (Cmin) concentrations were 1 ng/mL following 25 and 50 mg, 3 ng/mL following 100 mg and < 10 ng/mL following 150 mg. Trans-resveratrol pharmacokinetics showed circadian variation. Adverse events were mild in severity and similar between all groups. In conclusion, repeated administration was well-tolerated but produced relatively low plasma concentrations of trans-resveratrol, despite the high doses and short dosing interval used. Bioavailability was higher after morning administration.

Edited by maxwatt, 12 June 2009 - 11:46 PM.

#996 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:17 AM

TD is a transdermal, it provides approx. 150 mgs per application. Perhaps "energy boost" was not accurate, I should say enhanced stamina instead, it, in no way, approximates caffeine or any stimulant. Yes, I think Resveratrol should do this, combinations of vitamins, (provided one is deficient) can do this also.

Could be some enhanced stamina, particularly if you are taking a large-ish dose. Other people have certainly reported that. As far as the transdermal use goes, there may be 150mg being applied, but that is not being delivered systemically. As I mentioned upthread, resveratrol's transdermal flux has been measured, and it is very low. In simplified terms, that means it doesn't go through skin very well, and that was the case regardless of the solvent system they looked at. You might be getting effective concentrations in the skin where it's applied, and maybe even in the local tissues, but systemic bioavailability of transdermal resveratrol will be very low.

#997 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:56 AM

Following the 13th dose of trans-resveratrol 25, 50, 100 and 150 mg, mean peak plasma concentration (Cmax) was 3.89, 7.39, 23.1 and 63.8 ng/mL and mean area under the plasma concentration-time curve (AUC0-) was 3.1, 11.2, 33.0 and 78.9 ng·h/mL. Interindividual variability was high, with coefficients of variation >40%. Trans-resveratrol half-life was 1-3 h following single-doses and 2-5 h following repeated dosing. Trough (Cmin) concentrations were 1 ng/mL following 25 and 50 mg, 3 ng/mL following 100 mg and < 10 ng/mL following 150 mg. Trans-resveratrol pharmacokinetics showed circadian variation. Adverse events were mild in severity and similar between all groups. In conclusion, repeated administration was well-tolerated but produced relatively low plasma concentrations of trans-resveratrol, despite the high doses and short dosing interval used. Bioavailability was higher after morning administration.

Thanks for the paper, Maxwatt. I noticed the same non-linear response between dose and plasma concentrations that we saw in the Boocock data. The dose range is a factor of 150/25 = 6, but the Cmax range is a factor of 16.4, and the AUC range is 25.5! This seems most consistent with swamping of the phase II metabolic enzymes responsible for the bad bioavailability, though there might be other explanations. What this data says is that you get a LOT more bang for the buck with a somewhat larger dose. If one is trying to decide between taking two small doses or one large one, one large one would give you a lot more than twice the exposure.

The circadian variation is fascinating. Is that a variation in the activity of sulfation and glucuronidation? If so, we should be taking all our polyphenols in the morning.

Does anyone have a copy of the full paper?

#998 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:59 PM

Could be some enhanced stamina, particularly if you are taking a large-ish dose. Other people have certainly reported that. As far as the transdermal use goes, there may be 150mg being applied, but that is not being delivered systemically. As I mentioned upthread, resveratrol's transdermal flux has been measured, and it is very low. In simplified terms, that means it doesn't go through skin very well, and that was the case regardless of the solvent system they looked at. You might be getting effective concentrations in the skin where it's applied, and maybe even in the local tissues, but systemic bioavailability of transdermal resveratrol will be very low.

I understand that the molecular weight of RSV does not lend itself to adequate absortion, nevertheless I am probably getting approximately 325 mgs of RSV through the combination of oral and TD. Do you consider that a "large-ish" dose? I have lost 12 pounds, mostly on the belly and buttocks, during 3 months of combined use. I do take it in the mornings. Do you think that amount of weight loss is a good indication?

#999 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:01 AM

I understand that the molecular weight of RSV does not lend itself to adequate absortion, nevertheless I am probably getting approximately 325 mgs of RSV through the combination of oral and TD. Do you consider that a "large-ish" dose? I have lost 12 pounds, mostly on the belly and buttocks, during 3 months of combined use. I do take it in the mornings. Do you think that amount of weight loss is a good indication?

It's not the molecular weight so much as the polarity. If the three hydroxyls on the molecule were changed to methyls, for instance, while it would no longer be resveratrol, it would shoot through the skin pretty well. Anyway, 325mg of high purity resveratrol taken as a single oral dose in the morning might be enough, but the part of that that's being used transdermally is unlikely to be doing much for you systemically, although it might help your skin some where it's applied. It's hard to say about the weight loss. There are a lot of factors at play, but anything that makes you feel more energetic or have more stamina is likely to encourage more burning of calories. (A lot of people see this with ALCAR) Your appetite might be altered by the resveratrol, particularly if were 50%. (Yours is higher purity though, IIRC.) Even pure resveratrol might have some effect on appetite. We also really can't rule out a placebo effect. Finally, we know there are a lot of gene expression changes even with modest doses of resveratrol. It's possible that your metabolism is different now than it was three months ago.

Edited by Michael, 27 July 2009 - 12:36 PM.
Trim quotes

#1000 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:26 AM

Perhaps this should be a new thread, but this topic seemed an appropriate place...

Science Daily claims that Stephen Taylor, professor of pharmacology at the University of Queensland, says "absorption via the mucous membanes in the mouth can result in up to around 100 times the blood levels, if done slowly rather than simply gulping it down." This is particularly interesting because it might go a long way toward explaining the French Paradox. It has been pointed out in recent years, as most of you know, that the resveratrol in even muscadine wine is somewhere south of 10mg per glass -- too little to make a difference. But if Taylor is correct, then a glass of wine, taken the normal way of "swishing" one sip at a time throughout a meal, may equate to a "real" resveratrol dose, in the range of 100 to 500mg of "pill dose". The fact that wine is consumed slowly -- even if swallowed without swishing -- and is buffered by food, would further support this "hyperabsorption" hypothesis.

Additionally, of course, red wine contains lots of other compounds, such as hydroxyphenol(?), which are resveratrol-esque, making the ultimate metabolic effect much larger than the paltry resveratrol content would suggest.

If you're wondering, I don't drink the stuff. I think the odds of becoming alcoholic, and dying prematurely, constitute an intolerable risk. But this comment, if true, does have implications for the consumption of concentrated resveratrol, and perhaps grape skin extract powder. For one thing, it might allow smaller doses to become more effective, allowing the resveratrol market to expand hugely, due to a lower cost per dose.

We'll see. I wish I knew where Taylor got his number of 100X. That does seem rather large. It would be interesting to see some plasma concentration time profiles. Maybe Google around if you're interested, and let us know what you find.

http://www.scienceda...90611174052.htm

#1001 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:34 PM

It's not the molecular weight so much as the polarity. If the three hydroxyls on the molecule were changed to methyls, for instance, while it would no longer be resveratrol, it would shoot through the skin pretty well. Anyway, 325mg of high purity resveratrol taken as a single oral dose in the morning might be enough, but the part of that that's being used transdermally is unlikely to be doing much for you systemically, although it might help your skin some where it's applied. It's hard to say about the weight loss. There are a lot of factors at play, but anything that makes you feel more energetic or have more stamina is likely to encourage more burning of calories. (A lot of people see this with ALCAR) Your appetite might be altered by the resveratrol, particularly if were 50%. (Yours is higher purity though, IIRC.) Even pure resveratrol might have some effect on appetite. We also really can't rule out a placebo effect. Finally, we know there are a lot of gene expression changes even with modest doses of resveratrol. It's possible that your metabolism is different now than it was three months ago.

Thats more than interesting and, erudite. If it was no longer RSV what would it be? Absolutely right about the skin in those areas, and perhaps even facially where it is not applied, although that may be wishful thinking or placebo as you say. I take it with RLA/RDHLA and Tocotrienols 3 times a week . Do you think there is synergy doing that?

Edited by 2tender, 14 June 2009 - 12:56 PM.

#1002 Shay

• 54 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:23 AM

What I find interesting about this line of reasoning is that this may fly in the face of the circadian rhythm hypothesis regarding resveratrol consumption (that morning is best). Isn't wine most often drunk at lunch and during the evening? Additionally, if the comparative dose were on the scale of 500mg of oral micronized pure 99%, I think wine drinkers would suffer from joint issues. If wine/oral absorbtion line of reasoning is correct, perhaps the other synergistic compounds help to mitigate the negative side effects?

Science Daily claims that Stephen Taylor, professor of pharmacology at the University of Queensland, says "absorption via the mucous membanes in the mouth can result in up to around 100 times the blood levels, if done slowly rather than simply gulping it down." This is particularly interesting because it might go a long way toward explaining the French Paradox. It has been pointed out in recent years, as most of you know, that the resveratrol in even muscadine wine is somewhere south of 10mg per glass -- too little to make a difference. But if Taylor is correct, then a glass of wine, taken the normal way of "swishing" one sip at a time throughout a meal, may equate to a "real" resveratrol dose, in the range of 100 to 500mg of "pill dose". The fact that wine is consumed slowly -- even if swallowed without swishing -- and is buffered by food, would further support this "hyperabsorption" hypothesis.

#1003 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:46 AM

What I find interesting about this line of reasoning is that this may fly in the face of the circadian rhythm hypothesis regarding resveratrol consumption (that morning is best). Isn't wine most often drunk at lunch and during the evening? Additionally, if the comparative dose were on the scale of 500mg of oral micronized pure 99%, I think wine drinkers would suffer from joint issues. If wine/oral absorbtion line of reasoning is correct, perhaps the other synergistic compounds help to mitigate the negative side effects?

We do have that study in human volunteers showing higher blood serum levels were achieved with morning dosing compared to other times of day.

#1004 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:30 AM

Thats more than interesting and, erudite. If it was no longer RSV what would it be? Absolutely right about the skin in those areas, and perhaps even facially where it is not applied, although that may be wishful thinking or placebo as you say. I take it with RLA/RDHLA and Tocotrienols 3 times a week . Do you think there is synergy doing that?

Thanks for the kind words. If the hydroxyls on resveratrol were replace with methyls, it would be an unsaturated aromatic hydrocarbon. You could put it in your gas tank and burn it as long as you didn't use too much. It would probably be a solid at room temperature if pure, or might be a light oil. Its chemical name would be 3,5,4'-trimethylstilbene, for what that's worth. Interesting that you are seeing improvements in your skin from the topical application. There are a number of high-end skin cremes out now that contain resveratrol, but I haven't heard any results from them yet. I don't know if there would be a synergy with the antioxidants you mention. Resveratrol is sometimes called an antioxidant, although that isn't the way it exerts most of its effects. However, if a resveratrol molecule did happen to reduce an oxidant, it would then be transformed to an oxidized state. The stronger antioxidants could then reduce the resveratrol, and "recycle" it back to its normal state. I wouldn't expect this to be a big effect, but it might happen at a low level.

#1005 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:23 PM

Yes, my understanding is that Resveratrol is antioxidant "like" and that combining the supplement I mentioned would enhance each others effects. I think it is doing that to some degree. While the effect on enrgy levels is not profound, it is substantial. I highly doubt that observation is placebo.

#1006 Tim Jones

• 11 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:03 PM

WRT IV- make sure you're using a totally pure and clean preparation- you'd not want a bunch of gunk stuck in your pulmonary capillaries.

Yeh I was kidding bout IV injection. [glasses]

No need for IV injection if you want to go this route. Just mix up the 99% resveratrol with with some bacteriostatic water and inject subcutaneous with a standard 29 insulin pin once to twice times per day. If you want faster blood levels, you could go the inter muscular route, but that would be hard to sustain longterm. This approach no doubt would prevent the first pass effect, but is an unnecessary approach in my opinion.

In my opinion, the reason they focused so heavily on bio-availability analysis is simply due the fact that it would be hard to sell GSK (or potential patients for that matter) to take 4 large capsules per day. Meaning, the real intent of 501 was more about presentation (and cost) than anything else, which is a very common practice in this industry. For the people who are using this forum, however, the thought of 4 large capsules is not a big deal, which is a more than acceptable delivery approach...

Edited by Tim Jones, 19 June 2009 - 07:04 PM.

#1007 immortality101

• 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:58 AM

WRT IV- make sure you're using a totally pure and clean preparation- you'd not want a bunch of gunk stuck in your pulmonary capillaries.

I know you guys aren't serious about an injection but if we wanted to achieve the same bio availability as the study done in the mice at 500 mg wouldn't we have to use some sort of injection? I've taken vitamin b16 and it doesn't compare to a shot of b16, you can feel the difference. Just curious, I'm a newbie to resveratrol and still trying to learn.

Edit: advice regarding injection of resveratrol removed due to potential for harm.

Edited by niner, 23 June 2009 - 04:03 AM.

#1008 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:17 AM

I know you guys aren't serious about an injection but if we wanted to achieve the same bio availability as the study done in the mice at 500 mg wouldn't we have to use some sort of injection? I've taken vitamin b16 and it doesn't compare to a shot of b16, you can feel the difference. Just curious, I'm a newbie to resveratrol and still trying to learn.

Edit: advice regarding injection of resveratrol removed due to potential for harm.

It would have to be made for injection,I wouldnt do it and I doubt very many would. I think that as long as you are using it on an oral daily basis, say 5 days a week, you will get adequate levels for benefits. The rodent studies are just that, how it works on rodents, sure it gives an indication of benefits for a living organism, but thats all.

Edited by 2tender, 23 June 2009 - 04:18 AM.

#1009 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:18 AM

lecithin and PEG3350 (Miralax) do work, though it takes a lot of mixing.

Any thoughts on whether dissolving both lecithin and resveratrol in an oil might increase resveratrol bioavailability?

#1010 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:22 AM

It would have to be made for injection,I wouldnt do it and I doubt very many would. I think that as long as you are using it on an oral daily basis, say 5 days a week, you will get adequate levels for benefits. The rodent studies are just that, how it works on rodents, sure it gives an indication of benefits for a living organism, but thats all.

I'd like to warn people not to try shooting up resveratrol. Because it's insoluble in water, you can't just cook it in a spoon, suck it through a cigarette filter, and shoot. It has to be specially formulated. There are pretty good oral dosage forms now, like micronized resveratrol in Tween, so you don't need to bypass every layer of protection that nature has provided you against chemical and microbiological threats.

#1011 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:33 AM

lecithin and PEG3350 (Miralax) do work, though it takes a lot of mixing.

Any thoughts on whether dissolving both lecithin and resveratrol in an oil might increase resveratrol bioavailability?

My thoughts are: use the pre-emulsified oral product if you want the best absorbtion, I dont think you could home mix anything that compares to it.

#1012 grasshopper

• 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:19 AM

Ok! So if I get 98 or 99% powder, how do I store it? And is this freeze dried?

#1013 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:39 AM

Ok! So if I get 98 or 99% powder, how do I store it? And is this freeze dried?

Away from heat and light is best. It's not freeze dried; it is a crystalline, single compound. It will be ground pretty fine. (The finer the better) The color should be white or slightly off white.

#1014 why925

• 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:58 AM

I come across this proprietary nutrient delivery system that enable the highest possible absorption. Up to 98% absorption.

I have tried the anti-aging (cellular renewal - antioxidants) which have have Acai ingredient in it. It has great tasting. It's key ingredient Resveratrol (http://tinyurl.com/nutrition-ImmInst) featured in over 2,000 research publications, has been shown to activate the "Anti-Aging Gene" and is creating tremedous excitement in cellular excitement in cellular health studies worldwide.

They are using this Intra-Oral Spray which has up to 98% absorption compared to pills/tablets.

"http://www.google.com/

Edited by Brainbox, 12 July 2009 - 10:35 AM.

#1015 sagecucumber

• 32 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:47 PM

I just spent a while reading around on this site and I'm now wondering if I'm taking too much. I've been tossing about 300mg (actually it's probably about 350 since I tend to get a little exuberant with the scoop) of 99% into my mouth, first thing in the morning. I work it around my mouth for about five minutes before swallowing. It does seem to dissolve pretty fast.

With what I just read about buccal delivery being 100 times more effective than swallowing a capsule, I'm wondering if I'm taking a dose equivalent to 3 grams? I've had no ill affects that I'm aware of. No joint pain or anything like that. Does anyone have wisdom for me? Am I ok or should I cut back? Thanks.

PS. Sorry, I'm sure the answer to my questions are already answered on the site. The volume of information is kind of hare to get through.

#1016 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:20 PM

I just spent a while reading around on this site and I'm now wondering if I'm taking too much. I've been tossing about 300mg (actually it's probably about 350 since I tend to get a little exuberant with the scoop) of 99% into my mouth, first thing in the morning. I work it around my mouth for about five minutes before swallowing. It does seem to dissolve pretty fast.

With what I just read about buccal delivery being 100 times more effective than swallowing a capsule, I'm wondering if I'm taking a dose equivalent to 3 grams? I've had no ill affects that I'm aware of. No joint pain or anything like that. Does anyone have wisdom for me? Am I ok or should I cut back? Thanks.

PS. Sorry, I'm sure the answer to my questions are already answered on the site. The volume of information is kind of hare to get through.

I don't see a problem with 350mg. The factor of 100 for buccal delivery is wildly overstated. The vast majority of the resveratrol is getting swallowed, not entering your system buccally. I don't see a reason to cut back unless you run into side effects. You're right about the information here being hard to sift through.

#1017 DrEvil

• 42 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:18 PM

Is there any point in buying micronised reservatrol over transRSV , if one is going to disolve it in
alcohol anyhow? I am planning to mix RSV with 80% pure alcohol. 1:2 mixture and then mix the alcohol RSV mix 1:3 with water or 1:3 with facial creams. giving 12.5% RSV mix for skin or disolve under tongue

#1018 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:43 PM

Is there any point in buying micronised reservatrol over transRSV , if one is going to disolve it in
alcohol anyhow? I am planning to mix RSV with 80% pure alcohol. 1:2 mixture and then mix the alcohol RSV mix 1:3 with water or 1:3 with facial creams. giving 12.5% RSV mix for skin or disolve under tongue

I don't really see a point if you are going to dissolve it. You will not be able to dissolve 1 part resveratrol in 2 parts of alcohol though, especially if it is only 80%. You will need a lot more alcohol. I used to dissolve resveratrol in 95% alcohol, then mix it with water which caused the resveratrol to precipitate out as a fine suspension. This was really just a way of getting it to be finely divided, which is what micronization does. The problem I had was ultimately drinking the alcoholic mixture, which tasted really awful. Given the amount of alcohol it will take if you want to get the resveratrol into solution, you might be better off getting micronized and skipping the alcohol altogether. It's pretty expensive though...

#1019 DrEvil

• 42 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:43 AM

thanks niner..
mm perhaps the resvratrol will also dissolve in fats from the facial cream

As far as the oral does is concerned. Still leaves the question on what is the best way to get it into your system and how much.
If it is disolved under tongue and micronised or mixed with alcohol
then 500mg taken that way might be 10 x or 100 x more than just swallowing trans resv .
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Resveratrol
Are there any graphs available on this. Maybe buccal achieves 100 xmore plasma concentration, but for how long?

Usually buccal delivers twice the concentration for other meds.

Edited by DrEvil, 02 August 2009 - 10:47 AM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1020 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:22 PM

thanks niner..
mm perhaps the resvratrol will also dissolve in fats from the facial cream

As far as the oral does is concerned. Still leaves the question on what is the best way to get it into your system and how much.
If it is disolved under tongue and micronised or mixed with alcohol
then 500mg taken that way might be 10 x or 100 x more than just swallowing trans resv .
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Resveratrol
Are there any graphs available on this. Maybe buccal achieves 100 xmore plasma concentration, but for how long?

Usually buccal delivers twice the concentration for other meds.

Buccal is great but you are limited by the surface area, which I believe means that oral is the only way to attain the levels seen in Auwerx' et al studies, if that is your goal. Buccal is efficient for low doses; I suppose you could walk around with a wad of resveratrol in your cheek, but I also think ther eis little point.

I don't recall the specifics, but a paper was posted to the effect that dissolving in oil did not improve serum levels over just swallowing it, and that mixing with food resulted in lower peak serum levels than taking it "neat", but that the AUC (area under the curve, or total over time) was the same whether with food or on an empty stomach.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users