Photo
- - - - -

Ritalin Destroyed My Brain

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:07 PM

What anti-depressants have you taken and for how long? Are you currently taking ANY prescription medication?

I agree with you 100% on your views on ritalin and the like BTW.

#32 rsnuk

• Topic Starter
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:28 PM

Hve been completely drug free including alcohol for about 1 year and 6 months, i might have drunk occasionally up until 1 year ago, but i haven't drank a drop.

I've taken prozac in early 2005, which for 1 week made me feel kinda lovey and close to people, that onsetted after 1-2 months use and faded almost immediately, was taking ritalin with prozac however(no logic in this, ritalin is a serotonin stimulant, my serotonin system was likely well depelted and damaged after 4 years of addiciton to it).

Stopped taking prozac as it was doing nothing after that short blip, which was not even attained again after doubling the dosage.

Then took sertraline for a while in mid-late 2005 then i stopped it as it did nothing, tried ritalin again, then started drinking a little bit, then i started exercising and started to actually come out from the retarded state of awareness ritalin put me in and realise that my problems simply can't be said to be the result of some mysterious "depression" that everything has a cause, so i learned about hormones, then i learned about neurotramitters, then i had a memory of an emotion and put it all together and figured out ritalin done it all.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 purerealm

• 227 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:40 PM

what were the first few posts?

#34 rsnuk

• Topic Starter
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:43 PM

I removed them because i was unsure about posting here, the main one has been reposted, it's on the first page and is the largest one outlining some elements of my story.

#35 graatch

• 390 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 01:59 AM

lol. there's so much here i could respond to. someone really, really needs to step up and be the skeptic here, but I think I'm a little too lazy at the moment. farewell!

#36 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:13 AM

Okay so it would seem that the prematrue ejaculation is due to a serotnonin related problem ?

premature ejaculation is due to being 17 lol

#37 spacey

• 241 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:40 AM

Things that are neuroprotective are?

Try Idebenone or modafinil or both. Also I happen to believe that you should always make sure you take anti-oxidants if you use any amphetamines to combat the oxidative damage to the brain.

#38 wanderer

• 30 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:31 AM

Nothing in this world can
take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common
than unsuccessful people with talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius
is almost a proverb.

Education will not;
the world is full of educated derelicts.

Persistence and determination
alone are omnipotent.

- Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)

I'd like you to think about this quote a bit. It is something I believe you can identify with, even at 17. Talent, Genius, Education - these are great, useful, desirable things. But they won't bring you happiness, success, or fulfillment on their own. Without persistence and determination they are meaningless. The environment you have grown up in has affected you negatively and, according to your account, decreased your abilities. This is regrettable, but not the end of your story. You are 17, just starting on the road that is your adult life. You are at a point in your life where, for better or worse, you are capable of making your own decisions, where you are responsible for your life's direction. Even if you are only a fraction of the man you could have been if you had grown up in more favorable circumstances, persistence and determination to reach your goals will take you far.

Don't make the mistake of thinking you are the only gifted child who has fallen through the cracks or been harmed by the system. Did you know that in the U.S. we spend more than 10 TIMES as much money on providing for the special educational needs of the slower children than we do on providing for the special educational needs of the gifted students? Also, while there may be cases where medication is needed, it seems to me that many parents, educators, and even doctors resort to medicating gifted children just to make them easier to raise and make them fit more nicely into an educational system that isn't designed for them. Listen, there are NUMEROUS factors that negatively affect the development of children and their intellectual capacity. A poor diet, too much television, and even unaffectionate parents who don't really like each other and argue all the time have been shown to be heavily detrimental to children's development.

I personally feel that I could have gotten a PhD from CalTech by the age of 20 if I had grown up in a merely middle-class home, with moderately educated parents, with a 'normal' father, and had the opportunity to attend even average schools. I won't harp on the reasons I believe this, as no one other than myself is really interested anyway. I just want you to know that you aren't the only one who has been hurt by the system. In fact, I would wager to say that the overwhelming majority of the truly (not just marginally) gifted young people in this country fall through the cracks. (marginally gifted people do quite well in the system, often ending up as doctors, lawyers, or CEOs)

For anyone who would disagree with this assertion: Try to imagine Einstein born into today's America. If you've done much reading about the man, as I suspect many here have, and if you are aware of the plight of education in our country, as I hope many here are, then I believe you will arrive at nearly the same conclusion I have. Einstein would not only have been UNABLE to gain admission to the best universities, he would not even have been able to get a full-ride scholarship to a state university! I firmly believe Einstein would have fallen through the cracks, his great ideas never getting beyond the half-baked point, spending his life waiting tables and barely getting by.

I am convinced that we, as humans, are capable of rising above our circumstances and taking our lives into our own hands, though most seem unwilling to expend the necessary effort to do so. I would argue that it is this strength of character, this determination and persistence, that separates the great from the rest.

I would encourage you to let the past go. There is nothing constructive or beneficial about feeling inferior to what one could have been. You are who you are NOW. Judging from your posts I believe you are intelligent and have enormous potential. Don't waste it by thinking of what could have been. Focus on WHAT COULD BE.

Moving on.

My father has always been a bit of a hypochondriac, always carrying around a small bag of medication. Growing up I learned to hate that bag, especially when my father would panic when he lost sight of it. This hate developed into a general distaste for medicating anything other than the most serious of ailments. Knowing this, and knowing that I am NOT a doctor, you would be justified in taking the following recommendations with a grain of salt (or not at all).

I will concede that since your heavy previous drug use has likely caused major imbalances in your system, it might be possible that the best way to rebalance your system is to use a different drug. However, I personally feel that what you need to do is a severe, body-purging fast for more than just a few days (drinking mostly water and a bit of juice). Many people have very impassioned views on this topic, and there are educated and intelligent people on both sides. You should read up on it. Afterwards, of course, you should take great care to balance your diet and get enough exercise. Then there's nature. It can be soothing, and can gradually quiet the over-activity and bring focus. Go on hikes by yourself or with a friend or two.

But there is another problem. You are 17. I have always been a bit of a student of people. I also have 3 younger siblings. And as an educator I have had HUNDREDS of teenage students. MANY exhibit symptoms similar to yours without being on any sort of medication. The chemicals that run around the bodies and brains of young people while their bodies are maturing cause all sorts of strangeness that most people over 25 are unable to understand or identify with. I honestly believe that everyone would be happier if we could just sleep from the onset of puberty until the body reaches physical maturity and all chemicals return to normal levels (only half-way joking here). Males essentially run around jacked up on drugs from 12 years of age until their early 20's when their body reaches maturity. While most people go through teenage insanity, most also grow out of it. Please don't take this as the slightest bit condescending because it is meant to be encouraging. Being that you are 17, you only have a few years to go before many factors that contribute to your situation take care of themselves naturally.

I will begin my last point with another quote.

We act as though comfort and luxury
were the chief requirements of life.
All that we need to make us happy is
something to be enthusiastic about.
- unknown

If you want to be happy, you need direction, you need goals, you need dreams. And they need to be grand. Without purpose, many people find living to be tiresome and depressing. If you're having trouble in this department, might I suggest determining to educate yourself in biochemistry and aid the effort to deal with aging? I believe you have the intellectual capacity for it. You could help not only yourself, but all of humanity as well.

I identify with you and understand a bit of what you're going through, and more than anything with this post I hope to encourage you. With persistence and determination, coupled with your natural talent and ability, I believe you can accomplish whatever you set out to do.

#39 wanderer

• 30 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:26 AM

I have already written at length, but there are actually a few more things I'd like to say.

Experts have said that by 9 years of age most of the architecture of the brain has been set, and the majority of one's I.Q. development has been realized (I believe the number is over 95%). This certainly doesn't mean we can't grow, learn, develop our intellectual abilities... or even trash our brain by indulging in destructive habits, but it DOES seem to mean that whatever damage you may have done to your system happened well after you had already developed most of your I.Q. and most of the architecture of your brain had been laid down. This suggests to me that if you discipline yourself, do your best to live a healthy life, try to look at learning and education with enthusiasm, and determine to overcome the tendency to substance addictions you have inherited, you can regain most, if not all, of your previous ability... and realize your true potential.

Also, if anyone has more specific numbers, better information, or even links to studies on brain/I.Q. development that would make my point clearer, please post them. (or if you have information that contradicts what I have to say, throw that up as well)

#40 rsnuk

• Topic Starter
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 01:37 PM

Wanderer, how curious your name and that your first post was in responce to my story, can i ask did you sign up to respond to my thread? Did you join, browse and find youself interested?

In whatever case your post was most profound and personally very meaningful to me...

The level of understanding you have demonstrated has touched me, thankyou.

Your first quote is perfect, it's like, that's me that's what i have been doing that's what i have had to do, despite eveyrhting falling part around me, despite my body and mind failing me, i've had to keep pushing forwards, no doubt it speaks to others aswell.

"I would encourage you to let the past go. There is nothing constructive or beneficial about feeling inferior to what one could have been. You are who you are NOW. Judging from your posts I believe you are intelligent and have enormous potential. Don't waste it by thinking of what could have been. Focus on WHAT COULD BE."

Great advise, thankyou, you understand really well.

"If you want to be happy, you need direction, you need goals, you need dreams. And they need to be grand. Without purpose, many people find living to be tiresome and depressing. If you're having trouble in this department, might I suggest determining to educate yourself in biochemistry and aid the effort to deal with aging? I believe you have the intellectual capacity for it. You could help not only yourself, but all of humanity as well."

If only the world was not so corrupt, i might make this an ambition, your right however i do need a goal...

Really my goal right now is to elminate as much disability as possible, so that i can then better eliminate diability and expotensially reduce my disability, all so that i can regain some freedom and self-determination.

This is what is driving me, it's become my main focus, because everytime i interact with my life, i see the disability.

My grand goal is really to be the greatest form of myself i can.

However, i should not cling on to the idea of what i could have been, i really should accept i am what i am now and focus on my options from this position.

"I identify with you and understand a bit of what you're going through, and more than anything with this post I hope to encourage you. With persistence and determination, coupled with your natural talent and ability, I believe you can accomplish whatever you set out to do."

This really has been inspirational, which is why i'm so curious about your motivation to post?

Thanks.

#41 rsnuk

• Topic Starter
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 02:03 PM

I have already written at length, but there are actually a few more things I'd like to say.

Experts have said that by 9 years of age most of the architecture of the brain has been set, and the majority of one's I.Q. development has been realized (I believe the number is over 95%).  This certainly doesn't mean we can't grow, learn, develop our intellectual abilities... or even trash our brain by indulging in destructive habits, but it DOES seem to mean that whatever damage you may have done to your system happened well after you had already developed most of your I.Q. and most of the architecture of your brain had been laid down.  This suggests to me that if you discipline yourself, do your best to live a healthy life, try to look at learning and education with enthusiasm, and determine to overcome the tendency to substance addictions you have inherited, you can regain most, if not all, of your previous ability... and realize your true potential.

Also, if anyone has more specific numbers, better information, or even links to studies on brain/I.Q. development that would make my point clearer, please post them.  (or if you have information that contradicts what I have to say, throw that up as well)

Lol, your very inspiring, where'd you come from?

See now, this is great, because it suggests maybe my lost isn't as dramatic and maybe i cna achieve what i want for myself.

What you said also in your previous thread, about my body reaching maturity, makes sense.

This is what i am doing, i'm trying to grow and capatilise on the rest of my growth cycle, to potensiate myself as much as possible, i may have lost alot, but i may still be able to achieve what i want.

I have this vision of myself, that i am aiming for, i don't know where it came from, but as soon as i stopped taking Ritalin, i realised there was something wrong and i envisioned myself as a man, but there's this broken part somewhere, it's like this one thing i don't know what it is, but ritalin caused it and it's what need to be removed in order for me to be who i need to, it's held me back, it's restrcited me, but i've persvered against it in the hope of over coming it and attaining my goal.

I think i getting closer now, i've learned so much and pieced together so much more than any other time before, everytime i've thought i've found the solution proved to be a dud, so despite it i've had to keep persevering in my search for answers and solutions, but i'm fed up of the pursuit, i want to get ot the next level, i'm fed up of not clearing this hurdle, i don't know what the answer is however, the closest thing i have to an answer is perserverance, so that's what i'm living off.

I want to be this vision i have so badly, it's like a symbol of my potensial, i want to potensiate myself so badly, so your very inspiring, the part of me that wants this, believes your correct, i will not turn to substances, i will avoid them, i will not give in and i can and will regain my previous abilities and achieve my ultimate potensial.

Thanks and i believe you may be correct, it makes sense, it seems the core of my person is perhaps intace, having developed before i got put on Ritalin, now i need to reverse what Ritalin did to that core and make up for the secondary neuro-architectural systems, ritalin didn't allow to properly develop.

Atleast that's a nice way of looking at it, it's probably alot wiser than believing all is lost and i can never as much as a 1/10th as great as i could have...

Thanks again.

#42 wanderer

• 30 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:57 PM

Yes, as a matter of fact, I signed up specifically for the purpose of responding to your story. While I have been dropping in on this site from time to time for the past 3 years or so, it wasn't until I found your thread that I felt a real need to participate in any of the discussions I had run across. And as far as my motivation for posting goes, just know that I can identify with you. There are many ways the world destroys and weakens it's children that have nothing to do with drugs.

Then there is the Calvin Coolidge quote. I've already emphasized the last part of it, but there is, however, another implication. There are enormous untapped reservoirs of genius and talent that society is wasting and squandering. Basically, I ran across your thread, I identified with your story, I saw great potential in you, and I wanted to offer you a supportive and encouraging word.

You said that your goal is essentially self-improvement. This is a good place to start. On flights they tell you, in case of an emergency, to put YOUR oxygen mask on first, before helping others. Don't worry about putting a mask on your spouse, your friend, or even your children, just be sure to get YOUR mask on. Once your mask is on you are truly able to take care of the others. If everyone fumbled around trying to put masks on other people, everyone would end up passing out and perhaps eventually dying from lack of oxygen. By improving and empowering oneself, one increases one's ability to accomplish good and effect meaningful change.

A bit of seemingly unrelated advice: Just as important as empowering and improving oneself is avoiding things that weaken you and set you back. One of these things is debt. I know it's strange to hear one talk about something like debt in the context of this conversation, but believe me it can be a debilitating hindrance. Now it appears you might live in the UK, which, if true, means you are in a much better position when it comes to educational expenses than we are over here in the States. However, my advice is to avoid all debt like the plague. Get the best education you can, but do it for free, or as near to free as possible.

It seems that you read and really understood my posts, and I am glad of that. From your replies I would say that the core of your character is actually positive and optimistic, if not ambitious, and all you have to do to reach your goals is keep persevering through the periodic tiredness and exhaustion that comes from traveling off the beaten path.

#43 rsnuk

• Topic Starter
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:26 PM

Is soceity wasting it, or is it being made to waste by the system of which society can't get scope of, too many thousands if not millions if not infinite many factors contributing to the situation, soceity is blind and IMO being lead by wolves.

I see how that quote can be applied to society, but how could soceity be persistant when it's being mislead? When it has no goal, when soceity is so divided, when every is scurrying to take care of themselves, so focused on their daily lives, so comsumed by it, they assume that they know the meaning of it all.

Almost as if your reading my mind in some ways...

I never even mentioned a desire to help others, i figured i come off as self-obsorbed, you'd be the first to see through that.

What you said about helping myself out so that i may be better able to help others, when it comes to it, something i think about.

Maybe i'm ambitious, where do i apply this however? Do i want my piece of the world or to save my piece of the world?

There's alot to that for me, i've spent alot of time thinking about it and the type of person and i am and want to be or should be.

No reason i can't do both i guess, find a balence and if perseverance is the key it's just a matter of time lol and as time has gone on like this, my ambition seems only to have grown, despite the lack of what could be considered real progress.

Thanks again, hope you find more time for discussion.

#44 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:34 PM

I think you two need to post in the philosophy forum.

#45 wanderer

• 30 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 03:24 PM

Before I get booted for getting too off-topic: Nootropics and brain enhancers may have their place, especially after a bit more refinement, but for your specific situation I think you would do better to, at least for the time being, endeavor to customize your diet to keep your body healthy and your brain well-nourished. It's not always easy, but I suspect you could greatly improve your situation by getting enough sleep, eating right, avoiding substance abuse, constantly educating yourself, getting good exercise (long walks, though not particularly physically intensive, are great for organizing and calming the mind), etc.

Relatively on-topic comment finished.

I'll probably not be around for a while after this post. I'd honestly prefer to stick around here and get deeper into the topics we've touched on, they certainly merit it, but I really have to put a lot more time and energy into certain business ventures.

I'd like to leave you with a thought, though.

I would argue that the actions of a brilliant but profoundly self-serving jerk with any sort of at least medium-term awareness and the actions of a brilliant, generous, and selfless individual with any sort of at least medium-term awareness would often be remarkably similar.

I'd like you to think about that assertion. I'll try to drop in again sometime soon, at which time I'll present you with an analogy I believe clearly demonstrates this point.

Take it easy, and take care of yourself.

#46 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 03:53 PM

Good advice wanderer!

I hope that you post more often here at Imminst. I believe that you have a lot to offer here.

Sadly though, I don't think rsnuk is going to take your advice. He is on a chemical, experimental crusade in a failed logic attempt to cure himself. I don't think he realizes the power of the human body to repair itself no matter how badly damaged.

Good day.

#47 rsnuk

• Topic Starter
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 04:17 PM

Good advice wanderer!

I hope that you post more often here at Imminst.  I believe that you have a lot to offer here.

Sadly though, I don't think rsnuk is going to take your advice.  He is on a chemical, experimental crusade in a failed logic attempt to cure himself.  I don't think he realizes the power of the human body to repair itself no matter how badly damaged.

Good day.

Seriously Mucuna puriens is not a drug, if it has the power to regenerate(studies from the link i posted in the mucuna thread, show that mucuna had the power to regenerate dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin function, not just jack the brain up with the stuff) the minds of those with parkinsons, it's also likely to aid in brain development, it's not the l-dopa, which is standardised 5-10% form my source i believe.

L-dopa is as much a nutrient at alow doses as it is a drug at high doses.

I'm much more interested in the overall profile of the herb than any one particular component, l-dopa isn't even the extract of primary interest to me as pointed out in another thread.

Yes i will be taking wanderers advise, for example i'm plannign to incorporate spiriulina and wolf berries into the high protein diet i'm following.

Money right now is the biggest factor, if i had 1000 pounds to spend a month instead of 100, i'd probably be able to bring remarkable instant non-drug/chemical/substance relive to myself, herbs like mucuna, ginseng and many other herbs would likely be a massivr part of my diet if i had the money, although i'd love to eat organic fruits, nuts and berries, all of these are too expensive for me however.

I do understand the bodies power to heal, i believe it's remarkably powerful, it does a remarkable job just to keep us alive in our current environments and all we put it through, there is alot surpressing this healing ability in todays times however, our bodies need nutrition, mucuna provides vital neurochemical nutrition, i will seek to re-iterate this.

#48 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 04:53 PM

Maybe you have high levels of heavy metals in your system?

Get a heavy metal test done. It can cause all types of neurological problems.

I, myself, got my mercury amalgam filling taken out in 2002. Soon after, my panic attacks subsided. My mom has multiple sclerosis which I believe is due to amalgam fillings as well.

I think they banned mercury fillings in the UK but am not sure.

The three evil metals for your brain are IRON, LEAD, & MERCURY

You would be good to take alpha lipoic acid, chlorella, and IP6 (inositol hexaphosphate) on a daily basis for 6 months or so.

Also, only take iron-free multi-vitamins. Iron is very high in pork, liver, and red meat as well. You may want to cut down on these.

The male adult body does not excrete iron. Whatever iron goes in, stays in. Women has menstrual cycles which allows them to get rid of it.

The most at risk for too much iron are adult men and post-menopausal women.

Chlorella contains iron, but is one of the best metal chelators there is. IP6 is the best supplement 'iron' chelator known. Alpha lipoic acid is another great metal chelator.

Right now, I'm taking chlorella and ALA. I have IP6 on its way.

It is recommended by the medical establishment that every male get tested for iron levels. There are two tests, get both. High iron levels are just recently found to cause fatty liver, cirrhosis of the liver, dementia, alzheimer's disease, and heart disease.

Good luck!

#49 rsnuk

• Topic Starter
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 05:09 PM

Great advise, thanks, i had already known ALA and IP6 were great anti-oxidants, didn't know they were good to reducing metal toxicity.

I was also aware of chlorella, from researching spirulina.

With all the above however, price is a massive factor, one-day i'm sure i will be able...

Thanks again...

#50 rsnuk

• Topic Starter
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 05:12 PM

Here's one of the biggest differences, so that you may get your head around, between everyone else's brain and mine.

You can all recall experiences emotionally.

I can recall things that have happened to me, but i cannot recall emotion, i cannot remember feelings i've had at times in the past, this is what leads me to say i cannot feel any emotion, because my emotion is so little that when i look back at things and i consciously look out of my mind, there is nothing, that distinctive thing that supposed to give events and actions meaning, emotion, just not there.

You cna think back to a childhood experience, you get soem kind of feeling thinking about it, you cna think back to something that happened last week most probably and recall the feeling.

I cannot...

#51 spacey

• 241 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 05:46 PM

Well you somewhat scared me away from Ritalin, although I haven't actually been prescribed it yet I probably will due to my concentration problems.

I suppose I'll try and counter the side-effects with Idebenone + anti-oxidants and just trying to stay healthy, sleep sufficiently, diet etc.

#52 rsnuk

• Topic Starter
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:27 PM

Hope you come back wanderer perhaps you'd exchange emails with me?

#53 wanderer

• 30 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:45 PM

Well, I've decided against laying out the brilliant analogy that supports my previous assertion that a brilliant selfish person's actions would often be quite similar to a brilliant selfless person's. Just after having started I realized that it would turn out to be a very, very long post. It might be better to just let others think about it on their own anyway, right?

Sure, I'd be happy to exchange e-mails with you. Feel free to drop me a mail anytime. ;)

#54 rsnuk

• Topic Starter
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:55 PM

Moderators please delete this post i do not want my identity revealed on the internet, please, i am very apprehensive about posting, but made the descision to post, thinking i could erase the posting later, i now find that i can't, members here have an idea of what's happened and i'd like to continue participation on this forum on that basis, this information cna potensially be used against me in something i am attempting to accomplish right now, please moderators, or whoever can do this for me, help me, thankyou.

#55 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:16 PM

Moderators please delete this post i do not want my identity revealed on the internet, please, i am very apprehensive about posting, but made the descision to post, thinking i could erase the posting later, i now find that i can't, members here have an idea of what's happened and i'd like to continue participation on this forum on that basis, this information cna potensially be used against me in something i am attempting to accomplish right now, please moderators, or whoever can do this for me, help me, thankyou.

Hey, this is a good thread rsnuk. One of the reasons why people come to forums is to learn. How can anyone understand how truly bad (IYO) that ritalin ruined your brain and not to mention your life as well if you take your posts down?

I am actually just diagnosed with adult add. I went to referred by my family physician to a neuropsychologist and to the test. It was adult ADD inattentive type.

I am researching meds now (family doc said he'd do anything after the documentated papers).

I'm thinking about starting off with 36mg Concerta and 5mg boosters of IR ritalin if needed later in the day and titrate up. If that doesn't work well, I will take either vyvance or a 10-20mg adderallXR with 5mg adderallIR boosters later in the day and also titrate up.

I think people should treat these stimulant AD/HD meds like professional bodybuilders treat steroids. Everyone taking them, should be taking support supplements and taking other precautions such as diet, sleep, and exercise. If one does this right, it would surely eliminate all neurotoxicity from the drug.

rsnuk, just be happy about your posts staying. You just may have done, is doing, or will do somebody some service with your posts.

Good luck!

#56 rsnuk

• Topic Starter
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:12 PM

I will be doing alot more service by having them removed, which would be hard to explain, but my identity cannot exist on the internet yet.

Stimulants for some may be able to be used safely, i've said this, i'm more opposed to giving them to kids like candy.

I still want this thread removed, please respect this...

#57 rebuild101

• 80 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:47 AM

Wow, luv2increase. I thought you were totally against meds. That's cool though that you're open minded and might try some though. Let us know how it goes. I actually tried Vyvance. Worked great until I adapted. It was also rather expensive -- even with insurance it was $40. One (unreliable?) source I found on the Internet said Vyvance had four times the side effect profile of other ADD meds. Did you come across that in any of your research?

Right on about taking care of yourself while on meds. There's a temptation to push your self into overdrive just because the meds give you more energy. That type of behavior can definitely catches up with you!

#58 theta

• 74 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:16 PM

lol.  there's so much here i could respond to.  someone really, really needs to step up and be the skeptic here, but I think I'm a little too lazy at the moment.  farewell!

Yeah I'm waiting on the original poster to suggest Scientology is
the ideal treatment option. One thing is for sure I trust what people
say on the net at face value like I would trust a prison cell full of conmen.

#59 haim78

• 11 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 03:02 PM

First of all I want to apologize for my english.

I haven´t read the whole post but reading the first ones I strongly disagree with some opinions, at least under my point of view.

A couple of years ago (now I´m 29) I was really really under-motivated; i´ll explain myself: I have had very good qualifications till 20 years old, then, somehow I entered into a black hole and couldn´t even sit and read anything, I thought my life were gone forever and I passed through deep depression, but not an endogenous one at all, I really had reasons, I couldn´t do what I like most in my life: to explore new things, to learn, to go to the university... guess what will you do if some day you wake up and notice that you are blind (I think it´ll not be that bad... some things are worse...)

I went to many doctors and the gave me lots of meds, which make me feel even worse, I think that in some way they were going against my own healing because all the drugs put me into a "deeper sleep".

I investigated by my own a lot about ADHD, depression, TOC... and one day I decided to start with concerta (slow releasing form of ritalin, I tried ritalin but it felt really bad because of its "ups and downs", before it I tried nootropics and didn´t help much, just a bit) and life came again to me, now I´ve almost finished my degree at the university and I think that I wouldn´t waste all this time of my life if I´d discovered it sooner.

I must say that I didn´t take it every day, just 2-3 times a week, and, just in my case, have saved my life; when I didn´t need it anymore I stopped taking it... so the metylphenidate is like every other substance in the comos, have to be used wit care and in some cases would help, something that make someone sick can heal another one.

Edited by haim78, 23 November 2007 - 03:02 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

• Lurker

Posted 24 November 2007 - 05:48 PM

Ritalin is one of the worst drugs out there right up with cocaine.

sponsored ad

• Advert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users