- - - - -

Something I've noted about 5-HTP use

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 chipdouglas

• Topic Starter
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:22 PM

this is the program Dr. Braverman set up for me.

Huh? You had a consultation with him?

I did--I spent two days at the clinic undergoing tests of all kind plus blood work. Theoritically, I'm still a patient, as I'm still on file there. After my initial consult, I've had many phone consult follow-ups, but it got very expensive in the long run, so I stopped, thinking I had a very good idea what was wrong with me, considering I've also been seen by an endocrinologist, and many other M.D.'s.

My main issue revolves around anxiety. I recall that Dr. Braverman while discussing my issues with him in his office, said that my ADHD wasn't pure ADHD as evidence by my P300 wave, but brought about by my anxiety.

I have his books here also. His last one ; younger you I find to be better than his first released book ; the edge effect.

If you have any questions, be my guest.

#32 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:33 PM

That is cool. I seen Dr. Braverman and his clinic on the Today show yesterday. One of the reporter ladies who was a marathon runner as well had 60 YEAR OLD BONES. She didn't seem too happy.

Yes, I have the Health Pax CES unit which operates at the same 100hz frequency as the CESUltra. The ultra also has the .5hz setting as well I think. Mine is pre 2002 which only comes, unfortunately, with the 100hz. Anyways, the CES actually raises the P300 wave amongst alcoholics. Previously, the P300 wave of alcoholics was thought to be "permanently" disrupted and lowered.

I think you need to do CES 3 times a day at 30min each time. Try that out and see how things go.

Also, stay away from nicotine, caffeine (even green tea), alcohol, and marijuana. Alcohol and marijuana screw with your GABA neurotransmitter system.

Don't forget to exercise!

I used to have panic attacks daily but now I don't.

Good luck!

P.S. anxiety will screw with you attention and focus. He was right.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 chipdouglas

• Topic Starter
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:39 PM

It's the Healthpax I have too, since I bought this from him--Since there's no information from the Healthpax per se, I found out about the CES ultra and figured it was the same, but with the Healthpax label on it. There might be a slight difference though.

#34 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:43 PM

Yeah, mine says Health Pax for peace of mind on it.

30min 45min and continues options & has ear clips.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#35 chipdouglas

• Topic Starter
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:01 PM

Yeah, mine says Health Pax for peace of mind on it.

30min 45min and continues options & has ear clips.

oops, mine says PATH relax mate on it, and I don't have the ear clips. I do have the 30, 45 mins, as well as continuous option though. Mine opperates at 100 Hz only as far as I can remember. I haven't used it in a while.

By the way, I've just watched the Today show interview with Eric Braverman. When I met with him, he was at his older clinic on Madison Avenue, Manhattan.

I think he's a very good doctor, although some of what he uses is controversial. Some think he's more after making money than truly helping his patients--I don't know exactly what to think at this point. He's expensive, but overall I think he's legit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users