- - - - -

Optimal Sleeping Temperature

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:05 AM

I come home from lab, try to relax a little with a beer...and damn significant figures follow me here, too.

#32 resveratrol

• 340 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:19 AM

I find I sleep better in a cold room with the bodyheat of some foxy maiden to keep me warm. It works even better if I know her name

As the saying goes, "You're only as old as the woman you feel."

#33 stayin_alive

• 84 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:12 AM

WRT women being colder...hehe...

Back a few years when I was married, before I became a gym nut and runner, there were no notable differences - we were both 19-20.

After some time in the gym, I recall I was wearing more breathable material while she would wear more thermal insulating material and there were definite arguments. She of course wanted the windows in the car open during the winter while she smoked, and I of course didn;t want the smoke, but also would freeze when the windows were open.

Currently, I'm tending to be with thinner than me women, who feel 78 is a good temperature, where I'm sweating at rest at 74.

However, my dad, who is late 70's, engages in an occasional series of IFs (sometimes 2-3 day fasts, a day eating, and back on to the fasts), and apparently is an excelent health according to the docs (but no objective measures have been provided to me) is always cold in comparison to my mother.

My mother has more insulating factors and i would bet a higer metabolism.

what i've begun to notice with women and age, is that
1) their sleep cycles appear to be...off. I know of no woman over 40 who sleeps a regular straight set of hours and gets up and stays awake all day until sleep time. They all seem to sleep poorly and nap during the day....just my little world, but it's seems like it's every women over 40 that I know.
2) they are crazy..something went wrong upstairs....

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 basho

• 774 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:49 AM

yep, women get cold.

Not when I'm around :)

#35 rodentman

• 208 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 05:36 AM

cooling your body temperature/slowing your metabolism is tricky business... I think. If it were easy, I have a feeling more individuals would be sleeping in freezers to slow down their aging. Also, this is what is attempting to be accomplished right now, by pushing non-hibernating animals such as rats into artificial hibernation.

At any rate, I love sleeping in the cold.

#36 christines

• 14 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:24 PM

On a side note: Does anyone notice that girls get cold more easily than guys? I don't know if this is a universal phenomenon, but just about every female I have ever met says they are "cold" at a much higher temperature than I get cold, and I get hot when they are just in a comfortable zone.

Yes, there is definitely some prevalence of women. I also get cold easily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users