Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Let's all hear how you keep yourself looking young

• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

#61 Kingston

• 15 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:02 AM

I find that when I smile I look younger. I think there has been some research that indicates people with a "pleasant" dosposition live longer.

Really, I actually don't smile to look younger because smiling can lead to crow's feet and wrinkles. I think part of the reason why I look younger than most people (I'm talking about no wrinkles in my skin) is cause I never smile where people who smile are more likely to get laugh lines.

Other things I do to look younger :

Use retinol cream at night (Green cream) alternated with Mama lotion
Use Skinceuticals CE Ferulic acid with sunscreen on top everyday (either Neutrogena or La Roche Posay)
Use an anti oxidant cream on top of the CE ferulic serum (clinique antioxidant cream)
exercise moderately

eating healthy, well I try but once in a while I do slip and end up eating some bad foods like In N Out burgers or pizza etc

Thats kinda sad.....

Jackie smile!!!!....it takes more muscles to frown than to smile. Smile lines let me know that I've lived a good, healthy, fun life. I also believe that smiling makes you look younger. When you think of young (or at least when I do) you think of laughter and smiling. Plus you have better immunity if you laugh more.
  • like x 1

#62 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:08 AM

Even the school bag knows it's healthy to smile once in a while.

Posted Image

(OK, enough of that!)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:58 AM

Thats kinda sad.....

Jackie smile!!!!....it takes more muscles to frown than to smile. Smile lines let me know that I've lived a good, healthy, fun life. I also believe that smiling makes you look younger. When you think of young (or at least when I do) you think of laughter and smiling. Plus you have better immunity if you laugh more.

Aww dats soo twoo!!

#64 jackie100

• 11 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:01 AM

I find that when I smile I look younger. I think there has been some research that indicates people with a "pleasant" dosposition live longer.

Really, I actually don't smile to look younger because smiling can lead to crow's feet and wrinkles. I think part of the reason why I look younger than most people (I'm talking about no wrinkles in my skin) is cause I never smile where people who smile are more likely to get laugh lines.

Other things I do to look younger :

Use retinol cream at night (Green cream) alternated with Mama lotion
Use Skinceuticals CE Ferulic acid with sunscreen on top everyday (either Neutrogena or La Roche Posay)
Use an anti oxidant cream on top of the CE ferulic serum (clinique antioxidant cream)
exercise moderately

eating healthy, well I try but once in a while I do slip and end up eating some bad foods like In N Out burgers or pizza etc

Thats kinda sad.....

I know smiling is good for the immune system :) I actually dont frown tho, cause I know that causes wrinkles, I think any repetitive movement does... like smiling or frowning. My face is usually neutral.

I am serious tho when i say that I THINK that not smiling helped me to look as young as I do. I am not 100 percent sure of course, but that's what I think.
I never liked to smile because I thought it made my cheeks look bigger and puffier (when I smile it pushes them out) and that when I don't smile my face
looks more "perfect". Of course my face is not pefect, but I meant it just looks better when I don't smile....

I do laugh of course, especially when something is funny. I think laughing is great and I think it releases some chemicals in the brain because I always
feel better after I laugh.

It is true that smiling makes you more youthful :p I am just afraid of smile lines, I don't want any at all, no matter how faint...

Edited by jackie100, 27 June 2008 - 10:02 AM.

#65 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:45 PM

Lets all do Jack Lalannes face exercises lol

#66 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:36 AM

I am 39 years 5 months old and get taken almost invariably for early 20s (21-25)...sometimes even as low as 20, super rarely, 19.
After learning my age, people are often incredulous, using phrases like 'supernatural', unnaturally preserved', and 'unbelievable' to describe.

Staples at various times in life:

Hummous (2001-2005)
Milk (1987-1995)
Almond butter (1996-1999)
Tofu (on and off since 1996)
Black beans (1999-2002)
Annie's Goddess Dressing (1997-2001)
Earth Balance vegan buttery spread (2003-Present)
Cheese (ricotta, mozzarella, swiss) (1981-1995)
Peanut Butter (2005-Present)
Soymilk (2003-Present)
Chai Tea (2006-Present)
And, I take a multiple vitamin around 1X/month and often have fortified cereal in addition to this.

But, this doesnt really get it. Codification is elusive. This is just a silly list.

#67 zoolander

• Topic Starter
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:18 AM

that calls for a photo then paulthekind.

Someone who's almost 40 that looks 20? Let's have a look then and post something different to your profile pic.

Please

#68 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:19 PM

Someone who's almost 40 that looks 20? Let's have a look then and post something different to your profile pic.

Please

Neanimorphism runs in my family, so I can't claim all credit, but I too have been mistaken for 20s (by 20 somethings, no less) in my early 40s.

#69 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:44 AM

Please

Here is a decent variety of pics, with various poses and lighting, made just for this thread ;) :

Recent Photos on *impulse

#70 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:42 AM

That is quite amazing. You don't look anything near your age. If I was to place it I would put you in the 25-28 range.

Please

Here is a decent variety of pics, with various poses and lighting, made just for this thread :) :

Recent Photos on *impulse

#71 zoolander

• Topic Starter
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:03 AM

Than you for posting those photos Paul

#72 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

Paul you do look much younger than your age. Obviously the best test is to select some random people and ask them in real life to guess your age. Some smart little people which sometimes RAISE the age they think you are just because... but really I think you look in your 20's. No more than 25.

Well don! :)

Edited by Matt, 01 July 2008 - 10:23 AM.

#73 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:02 PM

Than you for posting those photos Paul

Complete (hopefully welcome) lack of gravity:
Ya know, I am quite insulted that I am not accused of launching a viral marketing campaign! :)
As I mentioned in the sunscreen thread, though I think I am a competent prose writer, it takes real subtlety and long term strategizing to launch a successful viral marketing effort, and, if my reply on this thread is the first step in such a plan, then, whew, I have a long way to go. ;)
I don't even deny wishing I could de-clutter my mind and life enough to attempt a product launch or write a book in support of a wicked, ascetic, killjoying, life-restricting longevity routine.

Most extreme thing I have ever done to avoid the sun:

I moved out of my mother's house in 2003, at 35 years of age (pathetic, but I am a super mama's boy forever), and moved into my first apartment, and, in the process, my heliophobe meter hit 'limit exceeded' because I had to endure a bit of sun in order to get all my final boxes and bags over to the new place without much sunscreen on. I just could not drown myself with sunscreen and spook the people in the apartment on the first day there.

So, after I finally moved in at around 3PM on a November afternoon, New York City latitude, I noticed there were no curtains on the windows and the floor was reflective polished hardwood. I had already had way more than enough sun for the day, so, with no other choice, and all my sun protection gear (read: shirts and other fabric to put over my face, etc.) foolishly packed away, I did what any self-respecting super heliophobe would do: I hid in a large closet until sunset.

I subsequently installed blackout shades and curtains over all the windows.

Any other extreme heliophobe tales out there?

Edited by paulthekind, 01 July 2008 - 12:04 PM.

#74 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:14 PM

Paul, are you a real heliophobe as in you are literally pathologically afraid of sun? Is this a real psychiatric condition with you?

Or are you using the word simply as a pretentious way of saying that you try to avoid the sun? Really I'd like to know considering your recent pics.

#75 Prometheus

• 592 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:25 PM

A grapefruit, black coffee and a couple of cigarettes for breakfast. Gives you that aged anti-aging look.

#76 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:07 PM

Paul, are you a real heliophobe as in you are literally pathologically afraid of sun? Is this a real psychiatric condition with you?

Or are you using the word simply as a pretentious way of saying that you try to avoid the sun? Really I'd like to know considering your recent pics.

Ah, just extreme/fanatical. :)
I wouldn't have a rainman meltdown if forced into the sahara desert for a day, though it would be very distressing and I would be plotting remedial measures from the first moment.

If ok, another question:

Do you consider your form of longevity to be...

1- Frozen in time, still, delicate, sort of like an entombed ancient figurine that, if blown on too hard, would disperse in a cloud of dust
OR
2- Endlessly renewed, rejeuvenated and regenerated, more like Jack LaLanne or other fit, vitamin supplemented and active youthful types, as well as those who feel that the body is a kind-of perpetual motion machine.

Just curious, and this thread sort of seems fitting for such a question. ;)

#77 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:13 PM

Paul you do look much younger than your age. Obviously the best test is to select some random people and ask them in real life to guess your age. Some smart little people which sometimes RAISE the age they think you are just because... but really I think you look in your 20's. No more than 25.

Well don! ;)

Thanks!
Yeah, I am aware of the complexities that can infiltrate something as simple as guessing someone's age. :)

Guessers can sometimes swing either way depending on setting and intent (spare feelings or hurt them, etc.). It is probably good to take extreme guesses/estimates in either direction as being several standard deviations from the main bulge of the bell curve, whether guessing age or anything else for that matter, though, in rare situations, unrelated to age-guessing, extreme guesses may of course indicate deep or novel perception of a phenomenon.

Edited by paulthekind, 01 July 2008 - 04:14 PM.

#78 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:17 PM

I'm usually always pale too. People used to tease me a bit because I was and still am very white. However if it means looking younger, which most people think I do... Then I think it's totally worth it. Most of my teens I spent a lot of times waking up late in the afternoon because my sleep cycle was just not normal... not insomnia, but more of a night person. But then again my sister doesn't avoid the sun and she looks about 7 years younger her age. Shes 22 but people think shes around 15

Edited by Matt, 01 July 2008 - 05:18 PM.

#79 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:16 PM

Aha! The Goddess Dressing treat! Amazing. :)

#80 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:06 PM

Aha! The Goddess Dressing treat! Amazing. :)

Indeed!

The organic Green Garlic Dressing was ok too, but 'twas not the delight that was the Goddess.

And, I forgot to list Spectrum's Eggless Vegan Light Canola Mayo: it is well suited for CR.

#81 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:25 PM

I'm usually always pale too. People used to tease me a bit because I was and still am very white. However if it means looking younger, which most people think I do... Then I think it's totally worth it. Most of my teens I spent a lot of times waking up late in the afternoon because my sleep cycle was just not normal... not insomnia, but more of a night person. But then again my sister doesn't avoid the sun and she looks about 7 years younger her age. Shes 22 but people think shes around 15

That's it. Keep 'em flying. The flags of discontent and immortalism. It's the only way anything ever gets changed.
You can't trust the older generation. :)

#82 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:20 PM

That's it. Keep 'em flying. The flags of discontent and immortalism. It's the only way anything ever gets changed.
You can't trust the older generation. :)

OK, I admit:
I thought I was being clever here parodying Taylor to Lucius at the end of Planet of the Apes. It won't happen again! ;)

#83 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:08 PM

Neanimorphism

Excellent word!

I know there is a thread in the forums with suggestions for possible alternative names for the Immortality Institute.

My suggestion: 'The Neanimorphs'

Does it sound too cartoon-ish, kind of like the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' multiverse opposites?

#84 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:13 AM

Anyone think it is worth using Juvess Skin Care at my age? Maybe as a preventative measure

#85 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:49 PM

Obnoxiously large just-taken pic of me fair countenance.
Just a few days away from 39.50 years old in this one:

Posted Image

Again, I am not going for some sick gothic vampire-ghast stare to accompany dark hair and fair skin!
I just get camera shy and either squint or stare for pics. Cannot seem to overcome it. :p

Lighting: diffuse daylight (broad daylight's too sunny for me!)

I will patiently wait, obligatory "oh, you are too kind"s aside, for the antiaging flattery to flow in. :p

Does Elixxir stand a chance?
I'm feelin a whoop of bombast comin on for the moment! :~
Forgive the lack of modesty....it will certainly not last.
Low self esteem will surely and soon-ly return like the neap.

Remember, we are 'selling' dreams. (not really selling, I know). Every time I find an interested 30-40-something, I, modestly, so floor them with youthfulness in appearance that they invariably want to know my secret. It is at these moments that converts to the ImmInst cause can be won over:
Not only is the ImmInst pitching an end to the disease of old age and its additional related diseases and debilitations, but it is pitching being a 40+ year old emo head, alt rocker, or whatever else is your dream-life preference.

Rationality: I realize this is just manic inspiration at the delight of a Friday afternoon and the gleeful plans I have to enjoy it with a best friend and my beloved Dreamster.

Enjoy your weekend all. :p

#86 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:28 PM

Obnoxiously large just-taken pic of me fair countenance.
Just a few days away from 39.50 years old in this one:

Again, I am not going for some sick gothic vampire-ghast stare to accompany dark hair and fair skin!
I just get camera shy and either squint or stare for pics. Cannot seem to overcome it. :p

Lighting: diffuse daylight (broad daylight's too sunny for me!)

I will patiently wait, obligatory "oh, you are too kind"s aside, for the antiaging flattery to flow in. :p

Does Elixxir stand a chance?
I'm feelin a whoop of bombast comin on for the moment! :~
Forgive the lack of modesty....it will certainly not last.
Low self esteem will surely and soon-ly return like the neap.

Remember, we are 'selling' dreams. (not really selling, I know). Every time I find an interested 30-40-something, I, modestly, so floor them with youthfulness in appearance that they invariably want to know my secret. It is at these moments that converts to the ImmInst cause can be won over:
Not only is the ImmInst pitching an end to the disease of old age and its additional related diseases and debilitations, but it is pitching being a 40+ year old emo head, alt rocker, or whatever else is your dream-life preference.

Rationality: I realize this is just manic inspiration at the delight of a Friday afternoon and the gleeful plans I have to enjoy it with a best friend and my beloved Dreamster.

Enjoy your weekend all. :p

Paul, you truly look very young, like someone in his early 20s.
Your face should be a good motivator for everybody to shield their faces from the Sun and look still like 20 twenty years later :p

#87 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:58 PM

Paul, you truly look very young, like someone in his early 20s.
Your face should be a good motivator for everybody to shield their faces from the Sun and look still like 20 twenty years later :p

No. No. You'd think I was fishing for compliments or something!
Please. No. Please. :p

Well, OK, maybe a little couldn't hurt.

And, this narrow circle of NYC/NJ heliophobes still awaits the unveiling of your splendid, unbelievably cool, gamma ray proof, blast-proof sunscreen and moisturizer line.
If I may ask: what's the status? :~

Edited by paulthekind, 25 July 2008 - 07:58 PM.

#88 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:16 PM

Paul you look the same age as my friends! and they're like between 23-26 years of age. Apart from avoiding the sun do you generally eat healthy too? I would be surprised if you look more than 30 years old by the time you reach 50... and as you age the gap between how you look and the average person your age looks will just gett bigger over time.

If I see similar results I'd be happy, so far I usually get away with being about 7 years younger than my real age. I have no doubt that everyone around me appears to be aging in appearance faster than me mwahaaha

#89 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:46 PM

There must be others here that look exceptionally young for their age? Considering most probably look after themselves?

#90 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:00 PM

Paul you look the same age as my friends! and they're like between 23-26 years of age. Apart from avoiding the sun do you generally eat healthy too? I would be surprised if you look more than 30 years old by the time you reach 50... and as you age the gap between how you look and the average person your age looks will just gett bigger over time.

If I see similar results I'd be happy, so far I usually get away with being about 7 years younger than my real age. I have no doubt that everyone around me appears to be aging in appearance faster than me mwahaaha

I forget where I saw a pic of you:

I think it may have been in the Calorie Restriction Society's email group threads via embed or link (I subscribe to both the regular and lite versions of the threads)...and you are definitely WELL on your way to becoming an antiaging prodigy. There is no magic minimum age, but 30 is probably a typical threshold. As of now, you are looking mid to late teens.
You look like you could be John Connor in the indie remake of T2! ;)

Actually, I may have seen it on your site. I watched a bunch of the CR video clips a while back. I actually took a screenshot of Michael Rae for a blog post from one of the videos! He is another prodigy and inspiration, though I admit needing a few moments to acclimate myself to his appearance.

And, I am a fanatically obsessive dieter: strict vegan since 1995, vegetarian since 1987. Nut butters, tofu, beans, organic muffins and cookies, hummous...you know? The vegan stuff, but in odd proportions and at angular times.

For the following line of dialog, I am the speaker and the Mozart of antiaging, and you are the up and coming Beethoven of antiaging:
"Keep your eye on him; one day he'll give the world something to talk about."

Good luck and enjoy the weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users