Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Fredriks skincare regime

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#151 rollo

• 205 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:13 AM

Is there anything besides Skinceuticals C + E ferulic serum that can be used as the antioxidant serum? This stuff is way out of my budget.

Thanks

#152 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:31 PM

Is there anything besides Skinceuticals C + E ferulic serum that can be used as the antioxidant serum? This stuff is way out of my budget.

Thanks

Brew your own. http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=329180

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#153 happy lemon

• 275 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:24 PM

You dont have to wait any time after cleansing in the morning to apply a C serum if your cleanser has a neutral or lower PH level. About 5.5 PH or lower

Hi Immotali457,

Thx for the advice!

I will send a note to the cleanser manufacturer to check to pH.

#154 Applepie

• 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:17 AM

Does anyone know where i can order a retinoid cream to sweden? Alldaychemist.com doesn't seem to ship to Sweden. And my skin is probably not bad enough to get a prescription.

#155 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:21 PM

Does anyone know where i can order a retinoid cream to sweden? Alldaychemist.com doesn't seem to ship to Sweden. And my skin is probably not bad enough to get a prescription.

Try inhouse pharmacy or medsmex. Those are the two other trusted sites I am aware of.

#156 Applepie

• 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:07 AM

Try inhouse pharmacy or medsmex. Those are the two other trusted sites I am aware of.

None of these let me choose sweden as country when checking out. Thanks anyway.

#157 okok

• 340 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:52 AM

I'd like to recommend Carnosine and Pyridoxamine, along with centella asiatica extract.
You can take centella asiatica both internal and topical, promotes collagen production. PA as glycation inhibitor, gives me also a refreshing, cooling feeling.
Carnosine probably rejuvenates fibroblasts, gives you a not(ice)able firmer muscle tone.

#158 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:06 AM

None of these let me choose sweden as country when checking out. Thanks anyway.

I heard this site allows orders to sweden but I am not sure.

http://find-meds.info?art=retin-a

#159 dhyard

• 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:02 AM

Thanks

This stuff's a little more reasonable

C serum

#160 rollo

• 205 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:46 AM

Thanks

This stuff's a little more reasonable

C serum

Thanks.

I wonder how long it would last if you used it everyday :/

#161 VesperLynd

• 180 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 01:02 PM

A couple follow up questions:

(1) How much ethanol/vodka could or should be added to an LAA powder/distilled water combo to enhance skin penetration?

(2) RE: emollient niacinamide cream" - is there a recommended brand?

Thanks, VL

#162 amonavis

• 52 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:41 AM

I am looking for a cheap cleanser with a pH of under 5.5 , to use with my C serum, so I don't have to wait until my face dries to apply it (this is what I have read on this post). Can anyone recommend a cheap low pH cleanser? I looked up my trusty Cetaphil and the pH is over 6 :(

#163 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:59 PM

I am looking for a cheap cleanser with a pH of under 5.5 , to use with my C serum, so I don't have to wait until my face dries to apply it (this is what I have read on this post). Can anyone recommend a cheap low pH cleanser? I looked up my trusty Cetaphil and the pH is over 6 :(

http://www.imminst.o...ash-t32864.html

#164 goatz

• 91 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:47 AM

Hi Fredrik,

Can I ask why you use azelaic acid in your regime?

G

#165 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:40 PM

I´ve added a few things but the core products are still there and always will be: sunscreen, retinoid and vitamin C + E serum. Been using azelaic acid on and off for years against acne and for brightening skin. Ok, here it goes:

Morning

• Cerave hydrating cleanser
  • vitamin C + E serum (Skinceuticals C + E ferulic). Will order and try the new hydroalcoholic lightweight serum Phloretin CF under the C + E ferulic to further minimize elastin breakdown. I also apply C + E ferulic serum on my neck and lips.
wait 20-30 minutes
  • La Roche-Posay fluide extreme SPF 50+ for face and the SPF 50+ cream for the eye area. Bioderma SPF stick for lips.
  • Peter Thomas Roth or Colorsciences Sunforgettable SPF 30 powder to matify (it provides neglible protection though).

Evening

• The Body shop Aloe vera sensitive foaming facewash (the aloe vera is just marketing fluff. I like that it´s fragrance free and mild) or Cerave hydrating cleanser
  • A retinoid on face, neck and hands (Tazarotene 0.1% cream or tretinoin 0.05%) and on alternate nights azelaic acid gel 15% (Finacea) on the face only. About once a week or less depending on my tolerance I use one of the strongest retinoids on the market, tretinoin alcohol gel 0.1%, as a "mini-peel". I find tretinoin better at "plumping" skin up but with some redness and tazarotene better against enlarged pores. So i use both, but tretinoin is still the most studied retinoid against photoaging. I apply tretinoin 0.05% + a very emollient niacinamide cream on my lips to smooth and plump them up, increase collagen production and enhance skin barrier recovery.
Wait 1-2 hours. Tretinoin breaks down in the presence of light, oxygen and oxidizing agents.
So I´m careful not to apply anything directly over it. But a bland cream is probably not a problem. It will buffer your retinoid and decrease absorption which you may want if you´re still getting used to it.
  • Relastin skin revitalizer (zinc ion cream. May stimulate functional elastin production. But this hasn´t been studied enough in humans yet. If not, it´s still a lightly exfoliating non-comedogenic cream).
http://www.skinandag...m/article/7850#

Supplements for skin health

• Heliocare (Polypodium leucotomos) 480 mg/day = two capsules one hour before breakfast.
  • Glucosamine sulfate 1500 mg/day to ensure optimum hyaluronic acid production, not only in joints but other connective tissue. You lose HA in your epidermis from your 30s. 50% of the whole body's HA is found in the skin where it gives volume to the face and enhance cell communication. HA gets degraded by free radicals and can act like a "heat sink", protecting more vital structures.
  • 55 gram of tomato paste with steamed broccoli or kale. Contains a therapeutic dose of lycopene, luteine and zeaxanthine to protect pro-collagen in skin and possibly the retina of your eyes against daily UV-exposure.

Going to add next: Remergent DNA serum with three DNA repair enzymes (in the morning, over C serum and under sunscreen or nightly). I´m awaiting the FDA approval of this companys novel drug, a DNA repair lotion called Dimericine.

Hi Fredrik,

Do you know what is happenning to AGI's Remergent line and Dimericine after the acquisition of the company by EL.co.?

#166 Fredrik

• Topic Starter
  • 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:33 AM

goatz: I don´t use azelaic acid at the moment. I used it for its anti-acne, lightening and anti-inflammatory/antioxidative properties. A good add on for people with melasma I think.

Eva: Hi, I´ve been wondering that myself. The founder of AGIderm, Daniel Yarosh, now works for Estee Lauder developing new DNA-repairing cosmetic ingredients (besides the OGG1, photolyase etc already in use). I suspect the Dimericine lotion wasn´t effective enough for a drug application.

Edited by Fredrik, 19 January 2010 - 12:33 AM.

#167 happy lemon

• 275 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:22 PM

Hi Fredrik,

Do you take MSM as a daily supplement? Dr. Pickart says it can boost the skin elasticity.

#168 Fredrik

• Topic Starter
  • 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

Hi Fredrik,

Do you take MSM as a daily supplement? Dr. Pickart says it can boost the skin elasticity.

No. There´s no published studies or evidence that MSM can increase skin elasticity. The biochemist and salesman Pickart speculates wildly on his website. The real scince can be found on pubmed. There´s only a small study concerning the management of rosacea with topical MSM (in combination with silymarin), but nothing on elasticity.

There´s plenty of sulphur in food and no RDI for MSM. I can see no reason to supplement with MSM since its health benefits are questionable.

Go for Heliocare (2 capsules), pycnogenol (3x25 mg can decrease melasma), creatine (2-5 g) and Q10 (30-200 mg) instead. And drink plenty of green tea.

Edited by Fredrik, 19 January 2010 - 11:06 PM.

#169 goatz

• 91 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:48 AM

Hi Fredrik,

I have been reading old post and saw your comments on EUK-134, I was just wondering why you were unimpressed with this antioxidant?

Also, would you ad DMAE to your regime?

G

#170 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:01 AM

goatz: I don´t use azelaic acid at the moment. I used it for its anti-acne, lightening and anti-inflammatory/antioxidative properties. A good add on for people with melasma I think.

Eva: Hi, I´ve been wondering that myself. The founder of AGIderm, Daniel Yarosh, now works for Estee Lauder developing new DNA-repairing cosmetic ingredients (besides the OGG1, photolyase etc already in use). I suspect the Dimericine lotion wasn´t effective enough for a drug application.

Thank you, Fredrik for your answer. Hopefully they will come up with a new idea for Dimericine. As far as I know they did apply for FDA approval in 2005(?).

#171 happy lemon

• 275 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:32 AM

Go for Heliocare (2 capsules), pycnogenol (3x25 mg can decrease melasma), creatine (2-5 g) and Q10 (30-200 mg) instead. And drink plenty of green tea.

Fred, Thx for your suggested supplements & I'll purchase Q-10, creatine & pycnogenol.

I forgot to ask your comments towards Biosil; may you shed light on it.

#172 SageUSA

• 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:53 PM

Hi Fredrik,

I'm hoping you can give your thoughts on my skin regimen. I'm in my early-to-mid 30's, very dry skin, not many wrinkles, a little loss of collagen, minor photodamage, but want to protect my skin as much as possible from UVA rays. In the morning I use Kinerase Day Moisturizer with SPF 50 (ingredients below) and a couple small dabs of MAC Mineralize Foundation (loose powder) in SPF 15 just in the oily areas. I use Kinerase Ultimate Night moisturizer at night. I tried using Renova prescription cream a few years ago, but I don't think my skin can tolerate retinoids because it makes my already dry skin even more dry and much more susceptible to the sun's rays, as I live in California. I've used the Kinerase night moisturizer for about two years now, and all my photodamage is gone except for a few minor spots (I attribute this to experimenting with other products for a few weeks.) Also, my skin is incredibly soft, smooth without visible wrinkles when I use Kinerase Night Cream. The Day Moisturizer with SPF 50 is a new product for me. I was using Lancome UV Expert 20 with Mexoryl SX for two years, but I found myself not using it much because of the white cast on my skin. I've also used Neutrogena Ageless Restoratives in SPF 30 and still use this from time to time. Would love to know your thoughts.

Kinerase Day Moisturizer with SPF 50:
Titanium Dioxide 15.4%, Zinc Oxide 5.3%, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis leaf Juice, Alumina, Aminomethyl Propanol, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) fruit Extract, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Averrhoa Carambola Fruit Extract, Bearberry (Arctostaphylos Uva-Ursi) Extract, Beta-Glucan, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Carbomer, Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Cimicifuga Racemosa root Extract, Citrus Sinensis (Orange) Oil, Cyclodextrin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Garcinia Mangostana Extract, Glycerin, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate/Triethoxycaprylylsilane Crosspolymer, Kinetin, Kojic Acid, Lactic Acid, Lecithin, Licorice (Glyyrrhiza Glabta) Extract, Litchi Chinensis Fruit Extract, Methicone, Methyl Gluceth-20, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Mulberry (Morus Bombycis) Root Extract, Palmitoyl Glycine, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Passiflora Incarnata Fruit Extract, PEG-10 Dimethicone, PEG-4, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Psidium Guajava fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Purified Water, Silica, Tocopherol, Vitex Agnus.
-Kinetin: This nature-identical plant cytokinin prop kin retain moisture throughout the day, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles without irritation.
-Matrixyl® 3000 / Palmitoyl Oligopeptide / Palmioyl Tetrapeptide-7: Combines two active peptides that work synergistically to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while also improving elasticity and skintone.
-SepiWhite™ MSH/ Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine and SepiCalm™VG / Sodium Palmitoyl Proline, Nymphea Alba Flower Extract: They stop the irregular production of melanin that causes uneven skintone.

After Kinerase Day Moisturizer with SPF 50, I use just a dab of MAC Mineralize Foundation in SPF 15. The ingredients are below.
Active ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 7 % Mica, barley extract, wheat germ oil, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, squalane, methicone, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake, zinc oxide

Kinerase Ultimate Night:
Water, Saccharide Isomerate, Prunun Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Glycerin, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Kinetin, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytosphingosine, Ergothioneine, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Ceramide 1, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Cholesterol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tromethamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Trisodium NTA, Ethylenediamine Triacetic Acid, Trisodium Salt.
-Kinetin 0.125%: Clinically proven to help skin retain moisture and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles without irritation.
-SK-Influx: Offers a combination of ceramides, which restores the protective barrier function of the skin and enhances the delivery and exchange of skin lipids, resulting in enhanced hydration and protection.
-Ergothioneine: Offers antioxidant protection that guards the mitochondrial membrane of skin cells against oxidation.

Neutrogena Ageless Restoratives SPF 30:
Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (12%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (1.7%), Oxybenzone (3%)
Inactive Ingredients: Water, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Silica, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Diethylhexyl 2,6 Naphthalate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Crosspolymer, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Ganoderma Lucidum Stem Extract (Mushroom), Lentinus Edodes Extract, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Disodium EDTA, Arachidyl Glucoside, Acrylates C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Laureth 7, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Steareth 2, Steareth 21, Arachidyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Benzalkonium Chloride, Iron Oxides, Fragrance

#173 happy lemon

• 275 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:57 AM

Hi Fredrik,

I was told that tretinoin was photosensitive.

Now I alternate Taz (gel & cream) with Retin-A and usually apply it on my skin before 8pm; while I go to bed on 12am.

Do you think that indoor lighting can diminish the benefits of Retin-A & Taz?

#174 N.T.M.

• 640 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:33 AM

Very informative post.

One question though: Is there an ideal age to start taking a retinoid? I just turned 20.

#175 Fredrik

• Topic Starter
  • 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:19 AM

Very informative post.

One question though: Is there an ideal age to start taking a retinoid? I just turned 20.

Thanks.

Well, you have accumulated 20 years of skin damage from UV so start now and you will prevent much and repair some of it. The earlier the better. You could have started 10 years ago. I know a derm who puts freckled red haired children on retinoids + sunscreen to prevent skin damage and basal carcinoma.

#176 nancyd

• 249 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:31 AM

Hi Fredrik,

I was told that tretinoin was photosensitive.

Now I alternate Taz (gel & cream) with Retin-A and usually apply it on my skin before 8pm; while I go to bed on 12am.

Do you think that indoor lighting can diminish the benefits of Retin-A & Taz?

AFAIK indoor lighting effects the potency of Retin-A. I heard it's best to apply it right before going to bed. Taz isn't photosensitive because it's synthetic.

Edited by nancyd, 20 March 2010 - 12:32 AM.

#177 N.T.M.

• 640 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:02 AM

Very informative post.

Thanks.

Well, you have accumulated 20 years of skin damage from UV so start now and you will prevent much and repair some of it. The earlier the better. You could have started 10 years ago. I know a derm who puts freckled red haired children on retinoids + sunscreen to prevent skin damage and basal carcinoma.

Alright, man, thanks. I'll do that.

Luckily for me, I never spent much time in the sun.

Also, I've heard about certain lights that can repair sun damage. Is that true? What are they and how much do they cost?

#178 kirtap

• 28 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:32 PM

Fredrik: What is your opinon on Niacinamide?

#179 N.T.M.

• 640 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:51 AM

Fredrik, what do you think about the retinoid called tretinion? Good stuff?

#180 kirtap

• 28 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:48 PM

Fredrik, what do you think about the retinoid called tretinion? Good stuff?

Touchè

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users