• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

UFO's and Aliens

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#91 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 04:52 AM

Alright you guys, let's not have any jokes about Fox News, the Mexican Air Force, car headlights or swamp gas.

Attached File  wooden_airplane_12.jpg   42.33KB   24 downloads

#92 william7

• 1,777 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:59 AM

May be Fox News and the Mexican government have good reason to distract the masses with UFO reports, but I just don't think that's whats happening here.

#93 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:51 PM

I am one of the most rabid supporters of the Fermi Paradox and how it more or less convincingly asserts that there are no alien life forms beyond earth, and any argument against it thus far was not really an argument against the probabalistic nature of the paradox but was more of a reason why any particular alien civilization has not contacted humans and earth.

But, I just realized that there is a possibility that would resolve the paradox on its own terms though proving it will be difficult.
And, I am not even sure how many have already thought of this:

A super powerful alien race is aware of us and has placed an impenetrable blockade around the solar system, preventing any other aliens from getting through and contacting us.

This would account for lack of visitations while still leaving the possibility wide open that there is alien life all over the galaxy, and would not rely on arguments that merely lessen the chance for any one civilization from contacting us, or arguments that really just adjust the variables of the Drake Equation. And, this could also account for the Great Silence, since an advanced enough civilization could easily distinguish between natural radio transmission sources, such as pulsars, and artificial ones and filter out all artificial transmissions.

Of course, now that I think of it, this has probably been suggested already, perhaps numerous times, but it just hit me before, and now my faith in the power of the paradox is not as certain.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#94 chris w

• 740 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:37 PM

Ok, but this poses the troublesome question of - what would the purpose of it be ? We could assume that they wanted to protect us, at least untill some fixed point, like Galactic SAT's, from where it wouldn't be needed anymore and we could be visited by the other crowds and later roam ourselves, but that would be the more "hippie" sci-fi variant. If the super race wasn't all that benevolent ( how does even "moral" apply in here ? ), then this device might be like kind of a space-consciousness prison cell, which should make us pretty worried then. I guess. Because if they could do such a thing, what else could they if they wanted ? * disturbing music enters in the background *

Actually, the renowned philosophers Trey Parker and Matt Stone came up with this idea too. In one episode of South Park we get "locked up" in the end for stashing stollen inter galactic money, nuking Finland so that they don't spill the beans, and generally being a bunch of lying screwups :)

Edited by chris w, 02 August 2010 - 09:48 PM.

#95 robomoon

• 209 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:48 PM

Regarding a blockade around the solar system and leadership in economy and higher education, there is no question that not even the most intelligent human beings can really handle the growing risks.

Extraterrestrials would in no instance talk to formally and officially assigned leaders of the industrially developed regions on Earth. Those leaders are constantly being lured or forced into a toleration of the most reckless mishandling of at least a couple of the latest scientific inventions.

Even when it takes thousand years before one of the scientific or military experiments in connection with teleportation, particle acceleration, genetic engineering of prions, or whatever new invention it may be goes fail beyond any redemption, a time span of far less than a couple of Millenniums might prove very minuscule in hindsight to interstellar space travel.

So when one of our leaders establishes contact with extraterrestrial life forms, it will be for the worse. Those who want ruling power obviously want to adapt to even more dangerous research to keep up to the advanced alien technologies. The most likely reasons why we are surviving at all under this ongoing condition is that aliens might not come or make themselves unavailable for our best advantage we must always remain happy and thankful for.

Edited by robomoon, 02 August 2010 - 10:52 PM.

#96 Dmitri

• 841 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:17 AM

I am one of the most rabid supporters of the Fermi Paradox and how it more or less convincingly asserts that there are no alien life forms beyond earth, and any argument against it thus far was not really an argument against the probabalistic nature of the paradox but was more of a reason why any particular alien civilization has not contacted humans and earth.

But, I just realized that there is a possibility that would resolve the paradox on its own terms though proving it will be difficult.
And, I am not even sure how many have already thought of this:

A super powerful alien race is aware of us and has placed an impenetrable blockade around the solar system, preventing any other aliens from getting through and contacting us.

This would account for lack of visitations while still leaving the possibility wide open that there is alien life all over the galaxy, and would not rely on arguments that merely lessen the chance for any one civilization from contacting us, or arguments that really just adjust the variables of the Drake Equation. And, this could also account for the Great Silence, since an advanced enough civilization could easily distinguish between natural radio transmission sources, such as pulsars, and artificial ones and filter out all artificial transmissions.

Of course, now that I think of it, this has probably been suggested already, perhaps numerous times, but it just hit me before, and now my faith in the power of the paradox is not as certain.

Lack of visitation? With all those videos people have recorded all over the world. However, in line with your idea wouldn't it be plausible that they have laws that state they cannot interfere with us? Perhaps they want us to develop on our own, make our own history, perhaps that's why they only observe? I also remember seeing a documentary on one of those science channels that stated UFO sighting had turned up in literature from the past, but that sightings did not reach the proportions of today until after WWII. Then there are those who believe that the Gods of ancient civilizations were in fact aliens (not enough evidence though).

Also, SETI detected a signal from space in 1977 which they called WOW? Unfortunately, they were never able to detect it again.

#97 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:37 AM

What if... they don't interfere, because they are from the future? Our future. Was it Hawking who said that time travel was impossible because otherwise we'd have tourists from the future pestering us? See, If they are from the future, then it makes perfect sense why they don't interfere in any way.

#98 Soma

• 341 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:39 AM

If they are from the future, then it makes perfect sense why they don't interfere in any way.

Ha...if that's the case, then our physical evolution took a turn for the worse. We become little green ugly bastards. LOL

#99 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:37 PM

Come on Soma, I'v never seen little green ugly bastards. Aren't they the figment of imagination that first appeared in that infamous radio show ~100 ago?

#100 chris w

• 740 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:30 PM

They are grey, grey for godsakes ! !

#101 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:41 PM

If they were seen they interfered...

#102 bobdrake12

• 1,423 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:01 AM

Anyways, I feel a bit privileged because I happened to see two UFOs back in early 1970s in former Leningrad. I saw them pretty close too, as I was crossing Liteiny bridge on foot late at night and they were following the course of Neva river and flew over the bridge at the height of trolley bus cables. They were silvery saucer type. The thing about them was, they were small - about 60cm diameter only. So, if there were any aliens inside, they had to be very, very small. I dashed toward them when saw them about 30 meters ahead and the closest I got was about 5 meters, already when they were descending toward water and dissolved into darkness.

I tried to talk about it the next day, but no one ever believed me. Laughed at me instead. I never mentioned it again until decades later when I posted my account on a UFO board. What surprised me was that they questioned not what I saw but me, as if it mattered or changed anything.

Lexx,

Have you seen these videos?

UFOs in RUSSIA

UFO CRASH KGB - UFO CRASH RUSSIA

#103 Dmitri

• 841 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:36 AM

If they were seen they interfered...

Interfere as in communicate with us or teach us new technologies. I'm not sure I believe the abduction stories either most of those cases are likely hallucinations brought about by sleep paralysis. In the past people claimed they were visited by demons and angels during sleep paralysis but since the UFO craze began more people report alien visitations.

#104 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:21 PM

I agree, being merely seen is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things

bobdrake12, yeah, I just watched those videos you posted. I have not comment about the first one. You can't see there anything. Regarding that second video, the disk looks more like a cover for a large hatch then a typically shaped saucer. It's made of a perfectly flat slab of metal, ~3m diameter and no more than 40 cm deep at the edge. It does not look like a UFO to me.

#105 BrandonKing

• 34 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:47 AM

I am curious what people here think of the subject of UFO's and Aliens. What do you think people are seeing? Do you think they can all be explained as illusions, secret military craft, or hoaxes, or is it possible they, at least some of them, are something more?

I believe 100% that Aliens do exist because with how massive the universe is it would be ignorant and arrogant to imply that we are the only planet that intelligent life can evolve on. on the subject of UFOs I do not believe that anyone on Earth has seen a UFO I prefer to listen to Steven Hawking when he said that if Aliens knew about Earth and had the technology to visit it would be a lot like when Columbus found America and it didn't work out too well for the Native Americans.

http://www.timesonli...icle7107207.ece

if you havent read this yet i suggest you do

#106 BruceAdama

• 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:42 AM

I am curious what people here think of the subject of UFO's and Aliens. What do you think people are seeing? Do you think they can all be explained as illusions, secret military craft, or hoaxes, or is it possible they, at least some of them, are something more?

My personal belief is that we have been visited by only TWO alien species directly... what UFO lore calls the "Grays" and the "Nords". I believe the saucer that crashed at Roswell belonged to the Grays. I also do not believe it crashed by accident... for an advanced FTL-capable alien craft to be vulnerable to a lightning strike is preposterous. It did not crash by accident, and it was not shot down.

I believe that there is only ONE "UFO" that is a secret military aircraft, and that is the craft known in UFO lore as the "black triangle". I believe that is the ONLY human-made object that has any form of alien technology to it.

I believe that the Grays are here, but it has absolutely nothing to do with us as a species... in fact, I believe that the whole of the Gray society doesn't even know about us, let alone care in any way about us. I think there is a very specific reason that they are here, and it is for THEIR benefit, not ours. A species as advanced as the Grays would never have any reason whatsoever to bother with us in any way, unless there was something for them to gain by it... it would be like us taking the time an energy to communicate with ants. So there is a reason OUR governments have been silent, and there is a reason why the people on THEIR world are probably equally oblivious to what's being done on Earth.

#107 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:26 PM

Lack of visitation? With all those videos people have recorded all over the world.

Why is it that astronomers or airline pilots report UFO-sightings so rarely? Is it because they know more of the natural phenomena in the skies?

#108 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:44 PM

This highly entertaining landmark paper should be read by everyone interested in the subject, incidentally it's written by the Omega-point dude:

http://articles.adsa...QJRAS..21..267T

Title: Extraterrestrial intelligent beings do not exist
Authors: Tipler, F. J.
Journal: Royal Astronomical Society, Quarterly Journal, vol. 21, Sept. 1980, p. 267-281.

#109 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:20 PM

Maybe the "Grays" are kickin' back on Mars...

#110 bobdrake12

• 1,423 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:28 AM

Bio Station Alpha Enhancement study by David Martines 2011.

Bio Station Alpha - KSBY interview in San Luis Obispo, Ca.

#111 bobdrake12

• 1,423 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:40 AM

Mars Anomalies 2000 - 2010

I would suggest analysing every picture by putting the video in full screen mode for better clarity and pause for every picture.

#112 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:57 AM

Doesn't look like a structure but an instrument anomaly due to cosmic rays according to the experts:

http://onlinejournal...icle_9714.shtml

Edited by platypus, 18 August 2011 - 10:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users