Photo
- - - - -

Duke's Top 10 Exotic Supplements

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:52 AM

Doesn't this seem a little over-hyped? About the only thing they didn't claim is "cures cancer".

Ditto.

#62 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:25 AM

Doesn't this seem a little over-hyped? About the only thing they didn't claim is "cures cancer".

Hey! Resveratrol does cure cancer! Oops... thought this was the resveratrol thread...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:40 AM

Yes maybe over hyped, but interesting nonetheless. At bare minimum an antioxidant with a 12 hour half life (no questionable timed release technology needed) plus other potential benefits (again with effects being relatively constant for 12 hours) is worth looking into

edit: Personally what I stated above is why I am interested, the paragraph after paragraph of other benefits to various body systems are sort of a blur to me as I have become desensitized to reading info from marketers and tend to focus on the facts... again 12 hour half life antioxidant with other benefits

Edited by edward, 18 January 2008 - 04:43 AM.

#64 wayside

• 344 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:03 PM

Yes maybe over hyped, but interesting nonetheless. At bare minimum an antioxidant with a 12 hour half life (no questionable timed release technology needed) plus other potential benefits (again with effects being relatively constant for 12 hours) is worth looking into

edit: Personally what I stated above is why I am interested, the paragraph after paragraph of other benefits to various body systems are sort of a blur to me as I have become desensitized to reading info from marketers and tend to focus on the facts... again 12 hour half life antioxidant with other benefits

The 12 hour half life is from the same marketing text. Why would it be any more of a "fact" than anything else in there?

The half-life of ECE is up to 12 hours, compared to 30 minutes for water-soluble, land-based polyphenols.

Note is says "up to". Note it also doesn't say "in humans". Maybe the evidence is buried in one of the 50+ papers listed, but it isn't obvious from any of the titles.

#65 suspire

• 583 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:59 AM

Has anyone here experienced all these wonderful effects attributed to Ecklonia Cava? Clearly, some of the supposed positives won't be "felt", but certainly some will be seen/felt--there is such a broad base of things it is supposed to do. As niner joked, EC sounds like the new resveratrol and to be honest, I've seen none of the broad base positive effects that resveratrol is supposed to bring, so I am skeptical (though still genuinely interested) in Ecklonia Cava. I'd love to hear from people who have been trying EC for awhile and to see studies/reports that were independent from the company's researchers/scientists--a lot of the studies seem to be tied to the company(Allergy Research) making Fibroboost/Fibronol. And no one else seems to be making it and EC doesn't seem to be available anywhere else. So there is definitely some concerns/questions--I'd love to hear people's experiences with it. Duke, you've been taking it for a year now--anything you've noticed? Anyone else?

Edited by suspire, 25 January 2008 - 02:04 AM.

#66 neogenic

• 481 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:33 PM

Has anyone here experienced all these wonderful effects attributed to Ecklonia Cava? Clearly, some of the supposed positives won't be "felt", but certainly some will be seen/felt--there is such a broad base of things it is supposed to do. As niner joked, EC sounds like the new resveratrol and to be honest, I've seen none of the broad base positive effects that resveratrol is supposed to bring, so I am skeptical (though still genuinely interested) in Ecklonia Cava. I'd love to hear from people who have been trying EC for awhile and to see studies/reports that were independent from the company's researchers/scientists--a lot of the studies seem to be tied to the company(Allergy Research) making Fibroboost/Fibronol. And no one else seems to be making it and EC doesn't seem to be available anywhere else. So there is definitely some concerns/questions--I'd love to hear people's experiences with it. Duke, you've been taking it for a year now--anything you've noticed? Anyone else?

Iherb.com shows nearly every seanol/fibrinol review to be 5 stars. Pretty impressive actually. I was hoping some here had feedback on it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#67 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:58 PM

Has anyone here experienced all these wonderful effects attributed to Ecklonia Cava? Clearly, some of the supposed positives won't be "felt", but certainly some will be seen/felt--there is such a broad base of things it is supposed to do.

It seems not too dissimilar to pycnogenol in terms of improved vasolidation. I like that it is fat soluble, crosses the blood brain barrier, and increases blood flow to the brain (some studies).

StephenB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users