- - - - -

Testing Resveratrol (CIS TRANS OVI)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:29 PM

I make WINE at home, mainly from KITS, and would like to know how much RESVERATROL is present in (red) kit wines.

-- Do you know where I could find some information on this?

-- Have you tested for resveratrol in any wine samples?

-- You offered to test a sample for free, then $30 a sample - would this apply to samples of wine?

Thank you for your consideration. Cheers!

The levels in the wine is dependant on the levels in the grapes one uses. Even the highest levels in wines are quite low by supplement standards. One could buy 98 or 99% resveratrol and add it to the wine if you wanted such high levels. Some students at I think Purdue have genetically modified yeast for beer-making to produce very high amounts of resveratrol. It should work for wine too; you could ask them for some to try in your next batch

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#32 AHE

• 20 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:35 AM

Just my 2cents to the discussion;

Is it possible to use 50% cis-trans resveratrol to make a standard curve? From that, you can estimate that 50% of the weight is Cis Resveratrol and 50% trans.

Now I know there will be an assumption that there are no other components, but this will give a close indication of the quantity of Cis resveratrol against trans.

I don't know the quantity of Emodin or other constituents in the powder.

Any thoughts on using this method?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users