Photo
- - - - -

Dropping resveratrol

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#91 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:54 PM

I'm convinced I would have to take huge amounts to overcome the bioavailability issue (we require 6x the equivalent rat amount).

No, Human Equivalent Dose = rat divided by 6.2, not multiplied

Well, it depends. That's a first approximation when you don't have human blood levels in hand, but now that we have data in both species, it does look like it takes more, rather than less resveratrol to attain equivalent plasma levels in humans. I think the factor is closer to 4 than 6 though. There's also the question of the size of the plasma compartment relative to remaining compartments in both species, and other technicalities, but Sirtris was dosing humans at 5 grams a day. They did find that they were getting decent results at 2.5 grams a day, so maybe it's not as bad as all that.

The standard scaling rule of human = 1/6 rat might have come about from looking at typical druglike molecules where oxidative metabolism (P450s) may be more important. Rodents are known to be more efficient oxidizers than humans. On the other hand, resveratrol doesn't get oxidized at all. Instead, it gets conjugated, and humans seem to conjugate the hell out of it. Perhaps we are more efficient conjugators than rats are, although I don't have any data on that.

Edited by niner, 22 February 2008 - 10:59 PM.

#92 speedlet

• 20 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:00 PM

Simple question:

Are there any studies that have shown resveratrol to extend life among healthy, non-obese mammals, such as mice?

Obviously, there are the much-publicized studies in which resveratrol allows obese mice to live as long as non-obese mice, but this doesn't have much value unless you're an obese human. And there are the studies with yeast, fruit flies and fish, but at this point there should be some body of research in mammals such as mice, rats, dogs, or monkeys.

Someone, such as Sirtris, has to have done a simple lifespan study with mice by now. There must be some sort of conclusive result.

I ask because Michael Rae, a practitioner of Caloric Restriction and co-author of Aubrey de Grey's book, contends that Resveratrol does not extend life beyond the normal lifespan in healthy mice and may in fact be carcinogenic.

It seems there is a political faultline between the de Grey/Methuselah camp and the Sirtris/Resveratrol camp, as if each seems to think that the other is competing for funding, credibility or support.

But Rae does ask a simple question -- "show me the 45-month-old mouse" -- that should be fairly easy to answer.

It's a very good question. I always chalked Rae's anti-resveratrol stance to religion, since he's pretty fanatical about his practice of CR. Still, I too wonder where the 45-month-old mouse is hiding. I'm beginning to think maybe there isn't one. This would bode poorly for Sirtris. It would be churlish of me to accuse them of suppressing such a negative result while the venture guys and Sirtris insiders unload their stock as fast as they can without arousing too much suspicion, so I won't say that. It is after all, perhaps a tad paranoid, and I wouldn't want to accuse venture capitalists or corporate insiders of the sin of greed either. I'm still taking resveratrol, since even if it doesn't extend max lifespan, from the effects I'm aware of, it looks like it could square the curve, and that's ok with me.

Well, I checked on insider sales and David Sinclair and Cristoph Westphal both sold stock on 1/08/08, for $137K and $269K respectively. Additionally Michael Jirousek and Paul Brannely, both officers of the company, have also sold shares this month.

Insider sales are not always a harbinger of trouble, however. Often it's just done as a matter of financial planning.

Of course, I'd rather the insiders were buying than selling.

But, to get back to the original question, you'd think some university researcher would have done a rodent lifespan study about five minutes after the original yeast study in 1991.

Where is that study?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 Hedgehog

• 462 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:32 PM

Well, I checked on insider sales and David Sinclair and Cristoph Westphal both sold stock on 1/08/08, for $137K and $269K respectively. Additionally Michael Jirousek and Paul Brannely, both officers of the company, have also sold shares this month.

Insider sales are not always a harbinger of trouble, however. Often it's just done as a matter of financial planning.

Of course, I'd rather the insiders were buying than selling.

But, to get back to the original question, you'd think some university researcher would have done a rodent lifespan study about five minutes after the original yeast study in 1991.

Where is that study?

you could go buy some baby mice and try it out yourself. Heck you could even see if they (the ones treated with resveratrol) run faster by seeing which ones get caught 1st by a cat. :)

In all honesty David Sinclair and company are not trying to get thier drug approved for life extension. How would you do a human clinical trial? How much would that cost? How many years? Maybe start people who are now 40-50 and do a 40-50 year clinical trial? All they have said is that the mechanism of action is similar or the same to animal models. So they want to be able to treat problems that can arise from this mechanism of action. At least for diabetes it seemed to work ok, so hopefully it will help with other conditions.

#94 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:34 PM

Simple question:

Are there any studies that have shown resveratrol to extend life among healthy, non-obese mammals, such as mice?

Excellent question. That underscores my reasoning in switching from resveratrol to IF.

#95 speedlet

• 20 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:49 PM

In all honesty David Sinclair and company are not trying to get thier drug approved for life extension. How would you do a human clinical trial? How much would that cost? How many years? Maybe start people who are now 40-50 and do a 40-50 year clinical trial? All they have said is that the mechanism of action is similar or the same to animal models. So they want to be able to treat problems that can arise from this mechanism of action. At least for diabetes it seemed to work ok, so hopefully it will help with other conditions.

I'm not asking for a human trial. Everyone knows that would be too difficult, for all the reasons you list.

I'm asking for a trial with healthy lab mammals. Should be easy enough.

It seems as if that trial would have been intuitive -- far more intuitive than testing obese mice.

I have to believe that trial has already been done many, many times.

If those trials didn't show any positive results, either in the form of CR-type life extension or simply through inhibiting life shortening disease, then you have to ask why it makes any sense to take Resveratrol at all.

The question is not whether Resveratrol stimulates SIRT-1.

The question is whether Resveratrol extends life in mammals.

Edited by speedlet, 22 February 2008 - 11:54 PM.

#96 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:37 AM

Still an open question. On the other hand, we know that if mammals take enough resveratrol, mitochondrial biogenesis leads to remarkable increases in stamina. Auwerx's rats have shown that not only with resveratrol but also with much lower doses of one of Sirtris' NCEs.

#97 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:41 AM

Well, no, they can't get it approved for life extension since FDA doesn't recognize that as an approvable application, as far as I'm aware. But Sirtris knows that if they get it approved for diabetes or MELAS or whatever, and it's shown to increase lifespan, there will be a lot of off-label prescribing.

#98 speedlet

• 20 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:46 AM

Still an open question. On the other hand, we know that if mammals take enough resveratrol, mitochondrial biogenesis leads to remarkable increases in stamina. Auwerx's rats have shown that not only with resveratrol but also with much lower doses of one of Sirtris' NCEs.

Were those obese rats or healthy rats?

#99 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:35 AM

Were those obese rats or healthy rats?

Auwerx rats were not overfed, as opposed to Sinclair's mice.

#100 dannov

• 317 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:40 PM

Regarding the laxative effect--

I take 4g of Maxwatt's 98.7%ish RESV before I go to bed. The following day, I have about 3 bowel movements at work. It's not so much diarrhea, but just feels like a good colon cleansing. But man...when the movements come, I pretty much jump right off my PC and head straight to the bathroom. Feel like a million bucks afterwards though. :)

#101 dachshund

• 98 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:58 PM

Dannov,

What effects have you noticed taking 4 grams of high purity t-res? I take 2 g/day in 1 g divided doses morning & evening. Would you say you have observed a benefit taking 4 grams over 2 grams? Thanks.

#102 sUper GeNius

• 1,501 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:01 PM

I take 4g of Maxwatt's 98.7%ish RESV before I go to bed. The following day, I have about 3 bowel movements at work. It's not so much diarrhea, but just feels like a good colon cleansing. But man...when the movements come, I pretty much jump right off my PC and head straight to the bathroom. Feel like a million bucks afterwards though. :)

Ditto on everything but the pc.

#103 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:54 PM

I don't see how you guys can take 4 grams of t-res before bed and actually sleep! 1-2 grams per dose gets me pretty hyped up (in a good way, energy etc. not laxative). 4 grams and I could run a marathon, definitely not how I would like to feel at bedtime... Maybe I am getting more absorption and less gluc./sulf. as I take all of my other supplements (many of which get sulf/gluc, perhaps as sacrificial lambs) then last of all I take my t-res oil, lecithin concoction, or maybe I have a poor sulf/gluc system. Note that I have been taking Res at pretty high doses since March of '07 so the stimulation I am talking about is not the initial couple of weeks stim or even the additional stim from increased doses but just the baseline increase in energy/endurance that I get from my daily dosage (if I skip a day I really feel the difference)

Edited by edward, 24 February 2008 - 12:01 AM.

#104 inawe

• 653 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:38 AM

If I remember correctly, the animals in the experiments, as in Auwerx's, were mice not rats. On the other
hand, the Sirtris rats are the ones unloading the stocks (is the ship
sinking?).
As for mitochondrial biogenesis, I seem to remember that it was
verified by the Auwerx team. I'm wondering if it would be too
difficult to test it in biopsies of human muscle. Take biopsies of a
few guys not on RSV. Give them RSV for a couple of months and do the
biopsies again.

#105 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:13 AM

Unfortunately I have to stop all supplements for two weeks due to the most
horrible case of stress related hives, but when I resume I'll try some different combos. Suggestions?

I experienced a similar issue last year. I think, based on that experience, you would need to evaluate your entire regimen. In my case the culprit where the proteolytic enzymes I was taking at the time.

missminni, how are you doing? :p

#106 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:18 AM

Auwerx rats were not overfed,

Interesting, need to read that study. :p

as opposed to Sinclair's mice.

If I remember correctly, these mice were genetically manipulated to develop obesity related issues, which was a big culprit in accurately trying to extrapolate the results to healthy humans IMO. And still is…..

#107 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:06 PM

Unfortunately I have to stop all supplements for two weeks due to the most
horrible case of stress related hives, but when I resume I'll try some different combos. Suggestions?

I experienced a similar issue last year. I think, based on that experience, you would need to evaluate your entire regimen. In my case the culprit where the proteolytic enzymes I was taking at the time.

missminni, how are you doing? :p

Good morning BB, and thanks for asking.
I finished a 6 day/21 tablet series of Methyprednisolone on Tuesday, and although the swelling and hives on my face cleared up, my neck and arms didn't clear up entirely. I called the doctor and she said to just use an over OTC cream, but my arms and neck continued to itch slightly, and last night I noticed a hive appeared under my eye, where it all originally started. I'm waiting for the doctor to get in to call her. I don't want to let it get out of control again.
The thing is, I got some emotionally stressful news on Tuesday, and I now think it is directly related to the hives re-occurring. I didn't think it affected me that much at the time, but I noticed when I repeated the story to a friend last night, the hive under my eye re-appeared. I just took 5000 mg of Vit. C hoping it helps.
Thanks again for your concern.

#108 bixbyte

• 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:28 PM

I finished a 6 day/21 tablet series of Methyprednisolone on Tuesday, and although the swelling and hives on my face cleared up, my neck and arms didn't clear up entirely. I called the doctor and she said to just use an over OTC cream, but my arms and neck continued to itch slightly, and last night I noticed a hive appeared under my eye, where it all originally started. I'm waiting for the doctor to get in to call her. I don't want to let it get out of control again.
The thing is, I got some emotionally stressful news on Tuesday, and I now think it is directly related to the hives re-occurring. I didn't think it affected me that much at the time, but I noticed when I repeated the story to a friend last night, the hive under my eye re-appeared. I just took 5000 mg of Vit. C hoping it helps.

In my humble opinion, Sounds like you had a serious allergic reaction.

Any chance are you taking any NSAIDs with resveratrol?

Look at this list and see if you are taking any?

http://en.wikipedia....flammatory_drug

Sometimes taking NSAIDs can cause allergic reactions that you mention and taking the dose pack prescribed by your MD will the alleviate hives.

I am not a doctor but I think Resveratrol might make certain NSAIDs stronger as a possible side effect?
Resveratrol might act as a modulater and increase the effectiveness of certain drugs.
For instance Sitris is using their resveratrol formula with metformin.
Is Resveratrol synergistic or modulator of NSAIDs?

#109 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:46 PM

In my humble opinion, Sounds like you had a serious allergic reaction.

Any chance are you taking any NSAIDs with resveratrol?

Look at this list and see if you are taking any?

http://en.wikipedia....flammatory_drug

Sometimes taking NSAIDs can cause allergic reactions that you mention and taking the dose pack prescribed by your MD will the alleviate hives.

I am not a doctor but I think Resveratrol might make certain NSAIDs stronger as a possible side effect?
Resveratrol might act as a modulater and increase the effectiveness of certain drugs.
For instance Sitris is using their resveratrol formula with metformin.

Thanks for your suggestion, but
I wasn't even taking resveratrol when I first got the hives.
I couldn't access the page you linked. but I am not taking any medications at all, let alone NSAID's.
The news I got both times that the hives appeared was very bad and very stressful.
The only other culprit that it might be is an Avon face cream I started around the same time I got the bad news,
and actually, this time too, although I noticed a few hives before I used the cream this time. I think it's a combination
reaction. I have to throw out the cream.
I took Loratadine last night and it stopped them from getting worse, but they are still present.
They say not to take more than one tablet every 24 hours so I am waiting for that 24 hour time period
before taking it again.

#110 bixbyte

• 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:59 PM

Thanks for your suggestion, but
I wasn't even taking resveratrol when I first got the hives.
I couldn't access the page you linked. but I am not taking any medications at all, let alone NSAID's.
The news I got both times that the hives appeared was very bad and very stressful.
The only other culprit that it might be is an Avon face cream I started around the same time I got the bad news,
and actually, this time too, although I noticed a few hives before I used the cream this time. I think it's a combination
reaction. I have to throw out the cream.
I took Loratadine last night and it stopped them from getting worse, but they are still present.
They say not to take more than one tablet every 24 hours so I am waiting for that 24 hour time period
before taking it again.

You still have hives after taking a dose pack?
They should go away completely, a dose pack is extreme.
Take any Lodine, cataflam, buprofen, similar meds? Sounds like you have an allergic reaction to a pain killer.

google.com NSAID
and read up about various side effects

Maybe it is your face creme, but why are the hives on your arms?

I'm not a doctor.

#111 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:06 PM

answered in quote....

You still have hives after taking a dose pack?
They should go away completely, a dose pack is extreme.
I know. That's why I am concerned.
Take any Lodine, cataflam, buprofen, similar meds? Sounds like you have an allergic reaction to a pain killer.
Nope. No meds at all!
google.com NSAID
and read up about various side effects

Maybe it is your face creme, but why are the hives on your arms?
Cause I rub the leftover creme on my arms afterwards. I just realized that. That's what makes me think
its the creme. Only thing is that since the hives never went away totally, I am not sure if the creme caused it or exacerbated it.
Either way, I will never use it again.

I'm not a doctor.

#112 alterego

• 34 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:57 PM

Res is not synergistic with NSAID's, at least not in my case. If it is a modulator, then it's not positively correlating, but maybe negatively.
Res did cause severe flare-up's of my otherwise very manageable rheumatic arthritis.

The combination of Res and auto-immune disorders might not be a good one, to put it mildly.

I'm not a doctor either, but I don't think hives are related to auto immune issue's. On the other hand, Res has so many mechanisms by which it interferes with immunity that I'm not surprised that it might have side effects in certain individuals.

The fact that missmini did not take Res while the hives manifested themselves does not prove that Res did not cause them. In my case, it took about two weeks to get the Res (and / or it's negative effects) out of my system.

#113 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:34 PM

Res is not synergistic with NSAID's, at least not in my case. If it is a modulator, then it's not positively correlating, but maybe negatively.
Res did cause severe flare-up's of my otherwise very manageable rheumatic arthritis.

The combination of Res and auto-immune disorders might not be a good one, to put it mildly.

I'm not a doctor either, but I don't think hives are related to auto immune issue's. On the other hand, Res has so many mechanisms by which it interferes with immunity that I'm not surprised that it might have side effects in certain individuals.

The fact that missmini did not take Res while the hives manifested themselves does not prove that Res did not cause them. In my case, it took about two weeks to get the Res (and / or it's negative effects) out of my system.

I have a history with hives from teen years. They've been brought on by anything from nerves/anxiety to foods and chemical smells. No food allergy has been consistent. I more often get them when I'm stressed and recently I have been very stressed.
I'm pretty sure this last outbreak was caused by severe stress exacerbated by a new Avon creme I used.
Hives (Uticaria) can also be an auto immune condition.
Hopefully Loratadine will get rid of them. You can only take one in a 24 hour period. I took one last night, and it seems to have held them at bay.
I am waiting for the 24 hours to pass before I take another one. Thanks for your concern.

#114 zawy

• 291 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:22 AM

Vitamin C is best at 3 things: antiviral, pro-collagen, and anti-stress (mental and physical). It's also a mild antihistamine and a strong anti-toxin (spider and snake bites). In the 1950's it was reported that vit C in I.V. could cure some cases of polio and tuberculosis. Anyway, the 5,000 mg was a great idea. Anti-stress is the most dramatic effects i've seen on the people i've experimented on. I took 4,000 mg 4 times a day for several years, but the acid load (i believe) has some negative effects including lowered libido (even after only a few days) and possibly affecting the gut that resulted in arthritic sensitivity to wine (sulfites) and tomatoes. There are the non-ascorbic forms of the ascorbate ion (ascobate ion is the true vitamin C) that replaces the hydrogen of the acid with magnesium, calcium, potassium, or sodium, but the ascorbate ion itself degrades to another acid. The average animal converts 2% of their food energy from glucose to the almost identical ascobate ion, so mammals have pretty good tolerance (i.e. increased survival eventhough 2% of food energy is sacrificed, 10,000 mg/70 kg per day). But i digress. My point is that in a pinch, 4,000 mg 4 times a day is doable for a few days without a hitch if the gas and runs don't get you (especially the ascorbic acid form). That occurs about 1 hour after the dose if it's coming and lasts up to 5 hours and can be very unpleasant for those who are sensitive. It's best to mix the powder in fruit juice or tea. I buy 25 kg food grade at a time from china ($0.01/gram). Metals don't scare me. haha. I have to drive down to the local chemical company to get it.

Edited by zawy, 03 March 2008 - 01:24 AM.

#115 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:46 AM

Vitamin C is best at 3 things: antiviral, pro-collagen, and anti-stress (mental and physical). It's also a mild antihistamine and a strong anti-toxin (spider and snake bites). In the 1950's it was reported that vit C in I.V. could cure some cases of polio and tuberculosis. Anyway, the 5,000 mg was a great idea. Anti-stress is the most dramatic effects i've seen on the people i've experimented on. I took 4,000 mg 4 times a day for several years, but the acid load (i believe) has some negative effects including lowered libido (even after only a few days) and possibly affecting the gut that resulted in arthritic sensitivity to wine (sulfites) and tomatoes. There are the non-ascorbic forms of the ascorbate ion (ascobate ion is the true vitamin C) that replaces the hydrogen of the acid with magnesium, calcium, potassium, or sodium, but the ascorbate ion itself degrades to another acid. The average animal converts 2% of their food energy from glucose to the almost identical ascobate ion, so mammals have pretty good tolerance (i.e. increased survival eventhough 2% of food energy is sacrificed, 10,000 mg/70 kg per day). But i digress. My point is that in a pinch, 4,000 mg 4 times a day is doable for a few days without a hitch if the gas and runs don't get you (especially the ascorbic acid form). That occurs about 1 hour after the dose if it's coming and lasts up to 5 hours and can be very unpleasant for those who are sensitive. It's best to mix the powder in fruit juice or tea. I buy 25 kg food grade at a time from china ($0.01/gram). Metals don't scare me. haha. I have to drive down to the local chemical company to get it.

I had the experience. It stopped my face from swelling, but the runs were terrible and they did occur exactly an hour after taking it..

#116 zawy

• 291 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:45 AM

I had the experience. It stopped my face from swelling, but the runs were terrible and they did occur exactly an hour after taking it..

I would find the largest possible dose that doesn't cause the problems, starting with 1 gram and working up. It has cleared out pretty good after 5 hours for the dose to be repeated. Also I would try the calcium form to get a higher dose.

#117 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:02 PM

Some of the Avon skin creams, apparently, produce quite dramatic reactions in some individuals:

From Amazon reviews:

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Allergic Reaction, November 3, 2007
By Garden Girl "GG" (Virginia) - See all my reviews
If I could rate this product at less than zero, I would. Unfortunately the rating system doesn't allow for negataive numbers! I used it every other night for less than a week and developed a terrible allergic reaction in the form of a red bumpy rash. The rash is everywhere where I used the product (Avon Alternative Intensive Age Treatment).

Don't use this product until you've done a patch test. Based on the reviews I've read, I would continue the patch test for at least a month before using it on face or neck. Better safe than sorry!
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? YesNo

Report this | Permalink
Comment Comment

1.0 out of 5 stars Rash!, September 24, 2007
By S. Broussard (New Orleans, LA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
My friend who sells Avon, gave me a sample of the Anew Alternative Intensive Age Treatment. Let me add that I'm 26 and figured that a free sample of moisturizer couldn't hurt anyone. Well, I used the product for one night (Saturday) and by Monday morning, I woke up to find a rash on both checks that is red and blotchy and feels like a scab. I didn't make such a big deal out of it, but it is now itchy. I'm a little worried after reading the other reviews. I am so glad that I only used this product one time. Shame on Avon for putting out a product that has such negative side effects on many people.

Report this | Permalink
Comment Comment

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#118 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:08 PM

Some of the Avon skin creams, apparently, produce quite dramatic reactions in some individuals:

From Amazon reviews:

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Allergic Reaction, November 3, 2007
By Garden Girl "GG" (Virginia) - See all my reviews
If I could rate this product at less than zero, I would. Unfortunately the rating system doesn't allow for negataive numbers! I used it every other night for less than a week and developed a terrible allergic reaction in the form of a red bumpy rash. The rash is everywhere where I used the product (Avon Alternative Intensive Age Treatment).

Don't use this product until you've done a patch test. Based on the reviews I've read, I would continue the patch test for at least a month before using it on face or neck. Better safe than sorry!

Report this | Permalink
Comment Comment

1.0 out of 5 stars Rash!, September 24, 2007
By S. Broussard (New Orleans, LA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
My friend who sells Avon, gave me a sample of the Anew Alternative Intensive Age Treatment. Let me add that I'm 26 and figured that a free sample of moisturizer couldn't hurt anyone. Well, I used the product for one night (Saturday) and by Monday morning, I woke up to find a rash on both checks that is red and blotchy and feels like a scab. I didn't make such a big deal out of it, but it is now itchy. I'm a little worried after reading the other reviews. I am so glad that I only used this product one time. Shame on Avon for putting out a product that has such negative side effects on many people.

Report this | Permalink
Comment Comment

I should have known better. I think I will contact them and ask for my money back.
Maybe they should pay for the dermatologist too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users