• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

The Price WE PAY for SEX is . . . Death?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 Heliotrope

• Topic Starter
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:21 AM

Does eunuchs live longer than other people or appear to age more slowly?Sure there would have to be some people alive now who have due to different factors never gone through puberty.

could be that they age more slowly too, no beard, no deep voice, no developed muscles typical of male, and no male genitals (or at least no testicles). Maybe eunuchs and castratos age more slowly, believing they keep waiting for the puberty that is not gonna occur.

Basically, isn't it true that after our puberty ends, say by our early 20s , we go downhill and start aging?

I would guess that eunuchs live longer for the same reason that women tend to live longer than men. Maybe some of the male hormones are destructive.

Oh yeah i think forms of androgen , like testosterone may be bad for long life too, can make men do stupid things , harmful to body in a way, like too much testosterone throws body out of whack , increase acne, decrease height etc

after masturbation /sex, do you think male hormones increase or decrease? ?

#32 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:06 AM

testosterone doesn't affect height growth.estrogen does

#33 Ben Simon

• 352 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:39 AM

A couple links for you.

Given the subject matter I was worried about what I was gonna see when I clicked on those.

This is the funniest thread ever. Keep it up dudes.

Edited by ben, 16 April 2008 - 09:39 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 Heliotrope

• Topic Starter
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:19 AM

A couple links for you.

Given the subject matter I was worried about what I was gonna see when I clicked on those.

This is the funniest thread ever. Keep it up dudes.

sorry bro, but ain't nothing funny 'bout sex and death.. .

Sex , Death, and your post
the good, the bad, and the not-so-Funny!

Edited by HYP86, 17 April 2008 - 03:53 AM.

#35 Ben Simon

• 352 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:18 PM

Um... but I wasn't joking.

And both sex and death have been making people laugh since the beginning of time. Grimm's short and to the point post for example? ...Funny.

Anyway thanks for the reply.

#36 Heliotrope

• Topic Starter
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:54 PM

Um... but I wasn't joking.

And both sex and death have been making people laugh since the beginning of time. Grimm's short and to the point post for example? ...Funny.

Anyway thanks for the reply.

Yeah sorry i didn't mean to be mean.

I missed Grimm's short post. He managed to poke fun at both sex and death in one short sentence

My last post was meant to poke fun at the situation too. I shouldn't have taken sex and death so seriously.

It's an important topic though. Thanks to immnist, I'm now completely fine with the ejaculations. They help to prevent prostate cancer for me.
I feel there's gotta be a bit more link btw sex and death, at least sex and health in general.

stress-free, worry-free ejaculations are the best. what's more, they reduce the stress levels even furthur.

Edited by HYP86, 17 April 2008 - 09:58 PM.

#37 Ben Simon

• 352 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:59 AM

stress-free, worry-free ejaculations are the best. what's more, they reduce the stress levels even furthur.

I'm very happy for you.

Have you considered putting the above on a t-shirt?

#38 sjayo

• 69 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 01:57 AM

The quote linking sex and death comes from chapter 2 of our book. Instead of explaining it here, I recommend you read the chapter. Most of the chatter in this thread would not have occurred if you took the time to understand the link.
S. Jay Olshansky

#39 Ben Simon

• 352 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:26 AM

The quote linking sex and death comes from chapter 2 of our book. Instead of explaining it here, I recommend you read the chapter. Most of the chatter in this thread would not have occurred if you took the time to understand the link.
S. Jay Olshansky

Thanks for the heads up Jay!

#40 Centurion

• 1,000 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:30 AM

Ahh, im screwed. Not in terms of how much I get, thats nothing particularly awesome, but I do have an irritatingly high sex drive. Everyone talks of ways to raise it (some hoot at the gym said CLA pills do! lol) there doesnt seem to be the same attention on lowering it.

#41 Heliotrope

• Topic Starter
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:33 AM

S. Jay Olshansky

Hi Dr. Olshansky, thanks for pointing it out! btw, sorry i mixed up your book with others. I'll get a copy and read the chapter.

#42 abolitionist

• 720 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:03 AM

Actually we don't pay the price - our children do. Not that we give a shit about them unless they take care of us when older and provide fresh fodder for our society.

Now why doesn't that thought make me feel all happy?

#43 Heliotrope

• Topic Starter
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 05:50 PM

Actually we don't pay the price - our children do. Not that we give a shit about them unless they take care of us when older and provide fresh fodder for our society.

It doesn't make you all happy because you don't give shit about your children?

IF you want to think it from that perspective, yeah , we do pay a price for sex, if not death, then it must be children resulting from the sex, which we have to raise and provide resourcese for eventually.

I refuse to let myself or my future children be cannon fodder for society. If I become biologically immortal, i will not have children to add stress to society.. maybe one son.

#44 abolitionist

• 720 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:29 AM

IF you want to think it from that perspective, yeah , we do pay a price for sex, if not death, then it must be children resulting from the sex, which we have to raise and provide resourcese for eventually.

I refuse to let myself or my future children be cannon fodder for society. If I become biologically immortal, i will not have children to add stress to society.. maybe one son.

Fresh humans are taught how to be what society wants from day one.

We clearly aren't interested in ensuring their optimal lifelong individual happiness.

Nor do we breed in order to create an individual that is optimized.

We breed for our own needs (no disembodied souls waiting for a body in heaven)

Edited by abolitionist, 19 April 2008 - 04:30 AM.

#45 Heliotrope

• Topic Starter
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:24 AM

Fresh humans are taught how to be what society wants from day one.

We clearly aren't interested in ensuring their optimal lifelong individual happiness.

Nor do we breed in order to create an individual that is optimized.

We breed for our own needs (no disembodied souls waiting for a body in heaven)

some truth in your answer

i agree no souls waiting for fresh new bodies , no heaven either. absurb to think souls waiting for bodies. we don't create for that purpose. we have sex and get offsprings to continue our bloodlines, a sort of genetic immortality!!

#46 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:44 AM

I do have an irritatingly high sex drive. Everyone talks of ways to raise it (some hoot at the gym said CLA pills do! lol) there doesnt seem to be the same attention on lowering it.

You might see what black liquorice does for you. Obviously the less candified stuff is more likely to contain greater amounts of the actual herbal component.

#47 Heliotrope

• Topic Starter
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:41 PM

so does black liquorice lower the sex drive?

#48 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:21 PM

Yes black liquorice lowers your testosterone and then of course the sex drive.However it is not recommended for lowering sex drive because it has dangerous side effects like making your blood thinner

#49 Wandering Jew

• 104 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:30 PM

what's the world coming to? sex drug and rock n roll?

Edited by elrond, 22 April 2008 - 07:42 PM.
removed religious reference

#50 mentatpsi

• 904 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:50 AM

what's the world coming to? sex drug and rock n roll?

aww... why was the jesus quote removed :) ... it wasn't over the top or anything and provided a general framework of the moral system you're dealing with in order to make a good case oi... anyways i write this with consideration that your morality is more derived from religion therefore tradition...

Wandering Jew...

One should live modestly, i agree, but life is short, and if your moral base is preventing you from enjoying all that we were evolved (or if you prefer created) to enjoy, do you not think it's time to examine what makes your moral system? Is it a fear of a consequential afterlife, or is it more related to consequences in your own lifetime? I do not understand how in light of all the secularization of this world we still uphold traditions which have once allowed kings to trample upon us.

Look at it this way... what if there is no underlying purpose of life, no grand meaning to it all, your creation was a mere cause and effect relationship, yes the very perception, the very consciousness of your being was simply a multitude of variables coming together, as life was designed to... you will live and you will die, and on your last day your world will fade from the beauty you see in front of you, to a void which will last you an eternity... this is quite possible i assure you...all your high standards, which instead of being a refinement of the true capacities of your mind, is but a reflection of the concrete molding that tradition has brought upon you. In the end, the life you enjoyed was but a fraction of what you could have had, you traded it all for an investment that someone cared, when merely you were just following the habits of your "tradition-ordained" cognition and behavior. If you want to follow something... at least constantly examine your moral system to make sure it is rational.

I don't mean to be rude, but there's a dilution of reality that infects too many people and it is just considered normal... how can anyone not be at times in awe of the very nature of this world... how can you not live it a little more loosely so that you can get your times worth.

Live a little :~

Edited by mysticpsi, 23 April 2008 - 09:29 AM.

#51 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:01 PM

why is it always this thinking that everything that brings pleasure basically is something bad and the more difficult and restrictive for you the better.Isn't this something that comes from religion?

#52 mentatpsi

• 904 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:21 AM

why is it always this thinking that everything that brings pleasure basically is something bad and the more difficult and restrictive for you the better.Isn't this something that comes from religion?

religion is mostly social control...

The only thing i'll give Christianity is some of the teachings of Jesus, if people spent just a fraction of the time that they spend buying into religion's exploitations becoming wiser and, with that wisdom, helping others, rather than acting like mindless drones, then maybe we'd have a better world... i assure you i'm much more worried about ignorant fools getting into power and making our futures (as well as future generations) crap than two people enjoying the finer things in life.

Going back to the price... i'm gonna look at cutting down drastically on this thing the same way i look at Calorie Restriction... how enjoyable the life you're leading is just as essential as the numeric value of age, so everything with wisdom.

Edit: cut down on irrelevant chatter

Edited by mysticpsi, 26 April 2008 - 10:16 PM.

#53 Heliotrope

• Topic Starter
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:38 PM

i just got the Quest for immortality book today, gonna read sex and death chapter carefully later.

from what i glanced at, one good thing is that ejaculations don't really lead to death even if one did it a million times

b/c when Dr. Olshansky's wife said, " okay, no more sex." he said, " wait, let me explain the whole story."

Edited by HYP86, 25 April 2008 - 10:38 PM.

#54 Heliotrope

• Topic Starter
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:18 AM

there are of course many ppl who can't overcome their hormones and " sexual needs" and so still have sex, but they try to conserve sperm and semen so as not to drain the body of essential energy , forces, resources etc , believing too much ejaculation/semen loss can Shorten life , linked to death, impair body etc. Seems rather dumb to me

"Taoists and some fields of alternative medicine actually recommend and teach deliberate retrograde ejaculation as a way of "conserving the body's energy". One manner of achieving this is by applying pressure to the perineum during orgasm. It is believed the sensation of sperm passing through the urethra causes intense physical sensations that can drain the body of "sexual energy". Others believe the energy is conserved physically by keeping the sperm (and thereby, the "intelligence" that created it) in the body . . .

Edited by HYP86, 19 May 2008 - 07:22 AM.

#55 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:38 PM

Some valuable resources are invested in the production of semen (zinc for example), and prolactin levels rise after ejaculation (generally undesirable). These are legitimate reasons not to do it excessively. What constitutes excessive is up for debate but to throw some fuel on the abstinence side, testosterone levels peak after a full seven days without ejaculation. I "feel" like 3-4 times a week is optimal but I have no real basis for that besides my own experience.

Edited by FunkOdyssey, 19 May 2008 - 12:38 PM.

#56 Heliotrope

• Topic Starter
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:22 PM

Some valuable resources are invested in the production of semen (zinc for example), and prolactin levels rise after ejaculation (generally undesirable). These are legitimate reasons not to do it excessively. What constitutes excessive is up for debate but to throw some fuel on the abstinence side, testosterone levels peak after a full seven days without ejaculation. I "feel" like 3-4 times a week is optimal but I have no real basis for that besides my own experience.

I "feel" the urge/horny 2-3 times/WEEK for me right now, if i'm busy with school/work or just flat-out tired , i do it once a week or maybe 2-3 times a month.

When I was between 13-16 or even till 17 years of age i think i did it every night, the ejaculation part definitely dried me out and zonked me right out to sleep, sometimes did just to relieve stress. I've found better ways to relieve stress since then, and for some reason it decreased dramatically.

Excessive is NOT good. I know from experience. The body needs to rebuild these things, but the other extreme = no good either, like going months w/o "doing it'

Edited by HYP86, 19 May 2008 - 03:24 PM.

#57 the big b

• 146 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:31 PM

I've read many times before on bodybuilding forums that people only ejaculate once a week in the hopes of increasing testosterone. But I just don't have the will to follow that example, I'm 19 and still do it twice a day everyday.

#58 Heliotrope

• Topic Starter
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:21 PM

I've read many times before on bodybuilding forums that people only ejaculate once a week in the hopes of increasing testosterone. But I just don't have the will to follow that example, I'm 19 and still do it twice a day everyday.

hey big b, just as personal health suggestion, still ejaculating twice a day at 19 is a bit too much. I've read extensively on this, and from what I understand, doing it 14 times a week is more harmful to the body than beneficial. when i was teenager, i didn't have the will-power to stop either, was doing like once a day everyday for several years. I believe i got a few bad things resulting from that, probably mostly psychological though. You may want to cut it down to 10 times a week, then 7. You do lose some nutrients and stuff through your semen, so may want to try some supplements too.

#59 jCole

• 211 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:09 PM

If sex = death, then I think I'm going to live forever, hahaha....

I've always had an extremely low libido my entire life, even when I first started having sex @ 18.

And to be honest, sex has never been a priority or something I constantly ever think about. Really, I feel lucky in some aspects, because it free a good portion of my life to focus on more important things to me. All tho, every once in a while, I do enjoy a good all night romp. ;o)

Edited by jCole, 05 August 2008 - 01:09 PM.

#60 jCole

• 211 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:13 PM

If you ejaculate thousands of times in one day, you would have a problem. Other than that, stop feeling bad! The point of masturbating is to feel good, so enjoy it. Knock off the sugar and high-glycemic foods, wear your sunscreen, and wank to your heart's content. It's not shortening your life, unless you worry about it.

;o) ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users