• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

The Price WE PAY for SEX is . . . Death?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Esoparagon

• 227 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:39 AM

If sex and masturbation were proven to lower life span by a decade, I'd probably still do it.

#62 EastofEden

• 27 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:39 PM

Does anyone have any information on the positive and/or negative benefits for females having sex or orgasming? Besides the obvious pleasure of course! ;)I have been having some issues with libido/sex drive, but I think it is likely due to my issues with daytime sleepiness, as I have plenty of opportunity.

#63 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

If sex and masturbation were proven to lower life span by a decade, I'd probably still do it.

Good for you.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#64 mentatpsi

• 904 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

I will be honest, if your particular desire for immortality has reached a level where you are willing to make sacrifices that take away from life any depth or meaning, then perhaps one does not deserve immortality. What is the point of this life if you sacrifice every single layer of pleasure and awe that this world has to offer in order to attempt to escape death? If anything this sounds like a weakness. And perhaps those with more buddhist influences will speak otherwise, those faithful monks... but dare I say... seems a fool's errand.

Edited by mentatpsi, 29 January 2011 - 05:28 PM.

• like x 2

#65 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:36 AM

I will be honest, if your particular desire for immortality has reached a level where you are willing to make sacrifices that take away from life any depth or meaning, then perhaps one does not deserve immortality. What is the point of this life if you sacrifice every single layer of pleasure and awe that this world has to offer in order to attempt to escape death? If anything this sounds like a weakness. And perhaps those with more buddhist influences will speak otherwise, those faithful monks... but dare I say... seems a fool's errand.

I share your concerns, because although I consider immortality to be a towering moral obligation, I don't believe that the present, historical, and plausible future rate of scientific discovery will place humanity anywhere near this paramount height of human achievement. So I've reluctantly accepted the inevitability of my death, and urge others to not dispiritingly hinder the broader campaign by basing advocacy on the proximity of immortality. Indeed, I believe resolutely that pragmatically laying the seeds of future advocacy, and living a pleasurable life that greatly exceeds the median span would leave me superlatively satisfied.

Edited by Rol82, 30 January 2011 - 04:39 AM.

#66 rollo

• 205 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:33 AM

You should never feel bad after ejaculation. If you are, then you are most likely depressed about something.

Learn to separate ejaculation from orgasm and you won't lose your precious life force.

#67 chris w

• 740 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:52 PM

You should never feel bad after ejaculation. If you are, then you are most likely depressed about something.

"Post coitum omne animal triste" - Galen.

#68 mindsg

• 17 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:10 PM

I read that ejaculation causes the loss of zinc and other trace minerals. If we could come up wth a list of lost minerals, we could counter the effects through supplementation.

#69 rollo

• 205 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:23 PM

"Post coitum omne animal triste" - Galen.

Hehe nicely done.

But I think we can both agree that this was specifically referring to ejaculation due to sex.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users