Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Pramiracetam - coming back?

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#31 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:18 AM

Does anyone know what in the hell CXM716 is supposed to be? I'm just making a completely uneducated guess that it could have been the formula developed for Cortex right before they developed 717?

Whatever it is, google has no idea what it is, and neither does anywhere else I've checked.

If CXM716 can be verified as one of the Cortex ampakines, I'll definitely be ordering some...

That's something to be taken up with the supplier in question. If everything goes well - please post your experience.

*If your experience doesn't go well, then post it even faster.

Edited by somethingtoxic, 16 February 2009 - 07:19 AM.

#32 HenryHH

• 83 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

I e-mailed TLR about CXM716 and received this response:

"yes it is an ampakine related to CX516 and CX717 CXM716 is ~5x the potency of CX516 and has an overall superior profile to both of those ampakines. The material was developed and tested by our team and our associates and proved to be to date the most superior ampakine. Thus, there is no published research as we do not publish at ths time as the studies are done in a mostly informal manner, though are still thorough. We may publish more formal research done in time, but it is not a priority."

I then sent a follow-up e-mail inquiring as to its safety profile and received this repsonse:

"We only sell our materials for animal research to note, though overseas we did have a small human assay group. The material is notably superior primarily in its safety profile to other ampakines that have been researched and has been well tested."

So, anyone interested in playing the guinea pig?

Edited by HenryHH, 16 February 2009 - 09:25 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 HenryHH

• 83 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:28 PM

I e-mailed TLR back requesting more detailed information on the effects they observed (both desired and not) when evaluating the drug's administration to the "overseas human assay group," and I received this in response:

"Testing against CX516 as noted we saw as a brief overview the noted potency of ~500%, the overall cleaner and longer effect, the ability to use on consecutive days, and an overall generally highly positive response"

#34 dndgrace

• 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:58 AM

Our company can provide Pramiracetam,goods is produced in Febuary,USD860/KG,minimum order is 1KG.
If you have need other information,please send e-mail to grace@dndpharm.com.

#35 HenryHH

• 83 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:02 AM

Concerning dosage amounts administered to test subjects during TLR's clinical...evaluation?:

"the range was 75mg - 300mg for the most part and some experimented with far higher"

#36 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:32 AM

Concerning dosage amounts administered to test subjects during TLR's clinical...evaluation?:

"the range was 75mg - 300mg for the most part and some experimented with far higher"

So it sounds interesting. If it were me I would try 250mg to access the characteristics, but I wouldn't dose a RC day to day until more evidence comes out in humans. This is akin to skiing outside of the boundaries on a snow course. You are now responsible for the unknowns, but very well may hit a nice ski path. Be cautious if you are to proceed.

#37 HenryHH

• 83 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:08 AM

I think I'm going to go for it and order it (the CXM716) tomorrow; all I'm waiting on is to receive a response to an e-mail I sent them concerning shipping methods. I ordered a package last week that was delivered via UPS today, but when I got home, the actual item itself was buried in the dirt and the packaging materials were ripped and strewn across the yard. I'm afraid to think about the consequences that would arise if my dog was to chew through the package with the CXM716 and devour 3500 mg of ampakine. Hopefully, TLR can ship via USPS so that I can arrange to have the package held until pick-up by me at the local Post Office...

#38 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:47 AM

I think I'm going to go for it and order it (the CXM716) tomorrow; all I'm waiting on is to receive a response to an e-mail I sent them concerning shipping methods. I ordered a package last week that was delivered via UPS today, but when I got home, the actual item itself was buried in the dirt and the packaging materials were ripped and strewn across the yard. I'm afraid to think about the consequences that would arise if my dog was to chew through the package with the CXM716 and devour 3500 mg of ampakine. Hopefully, TLR can ship via USPS so that I can arrange to have the package held until pick-up by me at the local Post Office...

With UPS you can leave drop-off instructions on the package, which in your case would instruct the carrier to drop the package off out of reach from your dog. Perhaps there is a sill that it could be left on...?

You should tell us in detail how the effects go for you in a new topic.

#39 HenryHH

• 83 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:03 AM

So that nobody who may be looking forward to reading my anecdotes assumes I decided not to order it, it will probably be at least a week before I'll even have it shipped here; I just found out that TLR only accepts payment in the form of cash or money order. I was prepared to pay via credit card or PayPal today, but after e-mailing the owner (?) of TLR to inquire as to the possibility of doing so, I still have received no response (he responded to my other emails within an hour of each one being sent). His e-mails are so informal and curt that I almost feel like I'm dealing with some kind of "back-door" mob operative.

#40 bgwithadd

• 820 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:10 AM

They probably mostly sell in large quanities for people planning to do research and aren't really set up to cater to individuals.

#41 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:50 AM

Using money order or......cash (WTF!!??) online are two methods that do not offer buyer protection. The risk of not receiving agreed-upon product(s) upon receipt of payment is very high, so if anyone is considering ordering from this company, it's your gamble. I sent the owner this comment:

I would be interested in ordering a few products from your company if you can set up an Alertpay or Western Union option to pay - at the very least.

Money order or cash as options for payment is both unprofessional and deemed unscrupulous. osCommerce displays Paypal exchange options on its homepage. It seems it would be easy to utilize that option since they are your site host. It even has buyer protection for us - your potential customers. I can imagine why this website uses options that eliminate buyer protection - you probably can too. Perhaps you can clear my doubt in a way that's actually believable, perhaps you won't bother - whichever action (or inaction) serves me well.

Lets see what comes of it...

#42 HenryHH

• 83 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:41 PM

Please do post the response you receive to that e-mail (if you do receive one at all).

I got a response to the e-mail I sent yesterday inquiring about paying with PayPal or credit card (I stated in the e-mail that I would just pay via money order if they weren't options), and he just replied with a statement that they'd be "away" until next Wednesday and that there is no need to rush with mailing my payment since shipping won't resume until then.

I have the $90 money order in-hand and was planning to make it to the Post Office today before they closed early, but I guess there's really no urgency now...

Edited by HenryHH, 21 February 2009 - 04:43 PM.

#43 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:47 AM

Hello!

This is a very small entity geared primarily toward the hobbyist scientist and research enthusiast who may require such items exclusively for their animal or in vitro research. We are primarily only referral based and we are not really concerned to supply those who are not familiar with our reputation. Our mode of payment is simply a suggested donation to be sent for orders as per noted. If this perhaps does not meet your needs than of course we wish you our best regards anyway.

-TLR

This is a very small entity geared primarily toward the hobbyist scientist and research enthusiast who may require such items exclusively for their animal or in vitro research.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the payment methods.

Our mode of payment is simply a suggested donation to be sent for orders as per noted. If this perhaps does not meet your needs than of course we wish you our best regards anyway.

Hmm... so I guess I could send you 5 dollars and you will send me 3.5 grams of an RC for in vitro studies since your quote is merely a suggestion, not a price.

Notice how they didn't address the easy Paypal option that their webhost provides. Looks like they need some ampakines to do their scamming more effectively....

#44 HenryHH

• 83 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:14 PM

Sheesh -- now I'm nervous about just sending the money off...

Has anyone monitoring this thread ever ordered from TLR? Can anyone verify their legitimacy?

Edited by HenryHH, 22 February 2009 - 11:15 PM.

#45 TheBiNz

• 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:59 PM

Has anyone monitoring this thread ever ordered from TLR? Can anyone verify their legitimacy?

I have no experience with TLR but a google search came back with this thread > http://www.superiorm...m-life-research

#46 NootropicEU

• 214 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:20 AM

I have no experience with TLR but a google search came back with this thread > http://www.superiorm...m-life-research

One of the very reputable members at brainmeta has suggested me to use TLR. However, I have never ordered from them.

#47 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:53 AM

This is a form of a shill, folks. This is a coordination of different accounts to corroborate legitimacy in hopes of relieving the skepticism to potential customers on a public forum.

****Attention to company -- just create buyer protection. It's not fucking rocket surgery. *****

#48 drive_yugo

• 14 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 08:43 AM

This is a form of a shill, folks. This is a coordination of different accounts to corroborate legitimacy in hopes of relieving the skepticism to potential customers on a public forum.

****Attention to company -- just create buyer protection. It's not fucking rocket surgery. *****

I've ordered from them. They ship fairly promptly, but content may come unlabeled.

Anyone knows anything about pomrx / Pharma Excel ?

(Still looking for reasonably priced Pramiracetam in retail quantities.)

#49 dndgrace

• 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:33 AM

Now our new price for Pramiracetam bulk drugs is USD1.2/G,the courier fee is in your account.

#50 drive_yugo

• 14 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:49 AM

Now our new price for Pramiracetam bulk drugs is USD1.2/G,the courier fee is in your account.

What is the minimum amount you ship and what is your courier fee?

(Feel free to PM me if you do not want to post the info.)

#51 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:28 PM

I'd just like to bump this thread up again since this is a really interesting discussion you guys have going on here.

A few questions if you guys don't mind:
1) What does CNW or UN stand for? Do they still sell "Nefiracetam"? If I find it myself online, however, I'll let you guys know but so far haven't had much luck. If you know a seller but wish not to provide it on a public forum, pm me and I won't post it.

Here's the main company that is developing Nefiracetam to be released officially on the main market as "Motiva":
http://www.neurenpha...sp?secID=1&id=2

2) I'm looking to get into finding Phenylpiracetam. If anyone here has any that they wish to sell, please pm me.
Even though this is pretty much non-existant in the states, I know there's at least 1 place online that you can order it straight from Russia but this would be rather expensive to get smaller quantities (of a package like Phenotropil) such as: http://www.pharmacy1...buy.asp?id=1542

3) HenryHHH, did you finish the order?
I've also thought about ordering from TLR (whose listed under an anonymous domain name: Katzglobal) but haven't yet. I don't find the guy behind this as very forthcoming. I'd be willing to put my money on the line (send a check order and cancel it, if it doesn't go thru within a certain period of time), however, I'd want to make sure the quality is there (something that can't really be openly discussed unless someone were to have the money to get it from overseas).

It's no surprise at the response that "Something Toxic" got back. I'm guessing that there's no credit card orders or online buyers protection for the obvious fact that there have been crackdowns (by the DEA) in the past for small independent research company's (that maybe did provide credit card orders). I can provide more details on this if anyone's interested:
http://www.beyondmass.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5787
http://www.ergogenic...idresearch.html

The whole situation explained in the above links was very unfortunate. All it took was 1 company getting angry and pressing a lawsuit for the DEA to become involved in the whole thing (something that probably happens all the time). As a result, this is a very sensitive topic and reason for why company's don't like to be talked about. It's doesn't imply that they're doing anything illegal, it just means that caution should be used in terms of how you operate a research based business. There's another company (www.tocris.com) that sells miniscule amounts of CX-546 (also miniscule amounts of nefiracetam) for research purposes at a high price.

However, if someone were to have the money to set up a buyers group (getting things in bulk from overseas), we wouldn't have to deal with this shit. I'd start one up myself but don't have the money.

Edited by yowza, 18 March 2009 - 11:32 PM.

#52 HenryHH

• 83 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:35 AM

To provide everyone with an update, I did order the ampakine (I hope...?) CXM 716 from TLR, although shipment of the package was delayed for over a week because of various unexplained "flight delays." I haven't tried taking the ampakine yet since I was on spring break last week and had taken tests in most of my classes during the preceding week. However, I have a physics test next Thursday, so I will take a small amount (~200mg) this weekend and report my experiences in a separate thread that I will soon create. For obvious reasons, I don't want to try the drug for the first time on a "school day" during which I will be driving often, attending multiple classes, etc.

I also need to purchase a scale...unless, that is, I can just physically divide the powdered ampakine into equal portions and accurately and safely calculate what each dosage will be. In other words, since the packet contains 3500 mg of CXM 716, could I just divide the pile of powder into 14 separate doses that are each composed of 250 mg of powder?

#53 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:13 AM

I'd just like to bump this thread up again since this is a really interesting discussion you guys have going on here.

It's no surprise at the response that "Something Toxic" got back. I'm guessing that there's no credit card orders or online buyers protection for the obvious fact that there have been crackdowns (by the DEA) in the past for small independent research company's (that maybe did provide credit card orders). I can provide more details on this if anyone's interested:
http://www.beyondmass.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5787
http://www.ergogenic...idresearch.html

UN stands for Unique Nutrition - now called Cognitive Nutrition. They are one of the online cognitive enhancer vendors.

The crackdowns for research chemicals are only for schedule I and II drugs. Ampakines and the like are either unscheduled or filed as an investigational new medicine. (INM) Sale of them for research purposes and intents is within the bounds of the law.

Why'd you refer to me as "Something Toxic"? Lol...

#54 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:18 AM

To provide everyone with an update, I did order the ampakine (I hope...?) CXM 716 from TLR, although shipment of the package was delayed for over a week because of various unexplained "flight delays." I haven't tried taking the ampakine yet since I was on spring break last week and had taken tests in most of my classes during the preceding week. However, I have a physics test next Thursday, so I will take a small amount (~200mg) this weekend and report my experiences in a separate thread that I will soon create. For obvious reasons, I don't want to try the drug for the first time on a "school day" during which I will be driving often, attending multiple classes, etc.

I also need to purchase a scale...unless, that is, I can just physically divide the powdered ampakine into equal portions and accurately and safely calculate what each dosage will be. In other words, since the packet contains 3500 mg of CXM 716, could I just divide the pile of powder into 14 separate doses that are each composed of 250 mg of powder?

I've been wondering that myself. I'd try and get empty capsules to maximize absorption. If there are none at your local drug store (if they ask what you're using them for, it's really none of their business and I personally wouldn't buy from them again). Otherwise if there are none in the area you can order empty capsules at http://www.wonderlab...ules/index.html and get like 500 of them for $5.54.

In terms of finding a cheap precision scale, hopefully there's one in some chemistry supply shop near you. Otherwise, maybe you could check out:
http://www.wholesale...CFQ_yDAodgXbXHw
You can call them at 1-888-868-6952 to clarify what the maximum weight and precision is.

UN stands for Unique Nutrition - now called Cognitive Nutrition. They are one of the online cognitive enhancer vendors.

The crackdowns for research chemicals are only for schedule I and II drugs. Ampakines and the like are either unscheduled or filed as an investigational new medicine. (INM) Sale of them for research purposes and intents is within the bounds of the law.

Why'd you refer to me as "Something Toxic"? Lol...

Heh! Yeah, I didn't look close enough to see that there was no space in the name. Sorry about the capital "T". :)

Anyway thanks for the help. I guess Cognative Nutrition is the same as CNW then?
As for Ampakines, you're right. It's just too bad that no one's been using these at all. The FDA is putting Cortex Pharma through alot of loopholes that I'm sure do more harm than good.

Oh, one more thing...
I was on the TLR website earlier today but for some reason can't get on anymore. The following message popped up when I tried to get on.

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Edited by yowza, 19 March 2009 - 03:26 AM.

#55 drive_yugo

• 14 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:15 AM

Anyway thanks for the help. I guess Cognative Nutrition is the same as CNW then?

CNW used to be Custom Nutrition Warehouse - now Cozmar Nutrition.

#56 drive_yugo

• 14 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:27 AM

I would not do this (especially if you have not tried the product before), since bulk suppliers often overload. Also, make sure to research your scales well. Many digital ones that claim .01 g accuracy can barely sustain .1 g in everyday use...

#57 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:37 AM

Heh! Yeah, I didn't look close enough to see that there was no space in the name. Sorry about the capital "T". :)
Oh, one more thing...
I was on the TLR website earlier today but for some reason can't get on anymore. The following message popped up when I tried to get on.

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Cortex pharmaceuticals seems to have its obstacles - and I'm sure having DARPA breathing down their neck while trying to release a new public drug isn't helping. I kinda wish CX-717 or 1739's skeletal structure was revealed, because I have a connect in China that will make it so long as they have the chemistry info - CAS number or not.

As I understand it, register_globals being off is a security measure taken by the server. It seems the "door" to the website is shut for the time being unless you disable shitloads of things on your browser. It could also be a general website error. I'm not the brightest when it comes to IT.

I was just puzzled over the quotation marks surrounding my name. Kinda like if I stated that "yowza" said this and that - rather than just typing yowza. It was ambiguous and sparked my curiousity.

If anyone can fetch the structures of one of the better ampakines - I can do the IUPAC name/molecular weight/SMILES and get a company in China to synthesize it. I'll look into costs of 3rd party assay after it gets into the country.

#58 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:05 AM

I was just puzzled over the quotation marks surrounding my name. Kinda like if I stated that "yowza" said this and that - rather than just typing yowza. It was ambiguous and sparked my curiousity.

With a name like that, who wouldn't be get curious... lol

CNW used to be Custom Nutrition Warehouse - now Cozmar Nutrition

Huh, I e-mailed them about nefiracetam. I'll see if I hear back...

Probably not since I just found out that a guy named "Michael Donahue" (owner of smi2le.com which later became lenutri.com before it faded out) may have worked at CNW in the past but died a few years back.

I'm checking another source right now and will pm those that may be interested in cheaper prices on nutritional supplements like Nefiracetam maybe.

Cortex pharmaceuticals seems to have its obstacles - and I'm sure having DARPA breathing down their neck while trying to release a new public drug isn't helping. I kinda wish CX-717 or 1739's skeletal structure was revealed, because I have a connect in China that will make it so long as they have the chemistry info - CAS number or not.

Yeah, maybe the military is using it right now for all we know... They used provigil before it came out from what I hear.
Your CAS number comment is interesting... I didn't think it was that easy. There's another substance that's being made called "Ispronicline" (TC1734 or AZD 3480). I posted about this at the following thread http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=28451. It's another interesting compound that may actually have a CAS number available. I'll look to see what I can find...

As I understand it, register_globals being off is a security measure taken by the server. It seems the "door" to the website is shut for the time being unless you disable shitloads of things on your browser. It could also be a general website error. I'm not the brightest when it comes to IT.

The site's still not working, hopefully that's all it is. The worst thing about it going down would be that the CXM716 (anyone have any guess on what the "M" stands for?) research study compound would go up in smoke. All I know about it really is that it's an ampakine and bears some relation to cx516, which is why there's still a 16 a the end. It's supposedly something that couldn't be reverse engineered according to the owner so who knows what's going on other than the fact that it's 5X more effective supposedly than CX516.

#59 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:29 AM

With a name like that, who wouldn't be get curious... lol

It comes from a website that I used to love called nothingtoxic.com - which was ironically named because it was an extreme viral video portal, rather than mild, like youtube. So my handle on there was one of the non-ironic names the site could be called, everythingtoxic being the other one. The owner of it - Scott, sold the company to Break.com I believe - and the website went to complete crap. somethingtoxic became my gamertag for my PS3 and Xbox360, and I decided to port it over to this forum.

That drug you mention in phase 2b trials sounds very promising. One of the reasons why I got into neurochemistry and biochemistry was because of the shitty global dopaminergic shutdown from schizophrenia medication - rendering the patients as zombies. That drug you mentioned sounds like a step in the right direction for schizophrenics.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:35 AM

It comes from a website that I used to love called nothingtoxic.com - which was ironically named because it was an extreme viral video portal, rather than mild, like youtube.

That's the same site that handles all those crazy over the top car crashes, stunts, fights, crazy stuff all in one place. I think I remember which one you're talking about.

That drug you mention in phase 2b trials sounds very promising. One of the reasons why I got into neurochemistry and biochemistry was because of the shitty global dopaminergic shutdown from schizophrenia medication - rendering the patients as zombies. That drug you mentioned sounds like a step in the right direction for schizophrenics.

What's great about this drug is that it can be used to treat a variety of conditions. Right now it's being studied for Schizophrenia and Alzheimers but in the past, it has been looked into as a different to treat ADHD, depression/anxiouty, and a number of other disorders too. Some of the older/weaker partial nicotine agonist compounds, like ABT-418 (developed by Abbott Pharma) are kind of being held off on at the moment but are even more well known than Ispronicline. These are still used by research companies kind of like how the CX516 ampakine molecule is still used by research companies...

Edited by yowza, 21 March 2009 - 12:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users