Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Pramiracetam - coming back?

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#91 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:05 AM

Thanks for the subjective report. You should leave enough for analysis and I'll try and get a quote for it. I think 1 gram is fine, and I'll foot the bill.

#92 HenryHH

• 83 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 05:23 PM

Thanks for posting your experience. By any chance did you happen to attempt to memorize anything (e.g., notes from school) to evaluate potential memory-enhancing effects?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:13 AM

Thanks for posting your experience. By any chance did you happen to attempt to memorize anything (e.g., notes from school) to evaluate potential memory-enhancing effects?

In terms of memory enhancing effects, the main thing may be bringing various regions of the brain into sync with one another. Often times while studying for a test, one may rely on rote memory/declarative memory (your left temporal lobe. However, there are other forms of learning/memory as well such as visual/episodic memory (your right temporal lobe), which is what someone would use while putting together tanagrams or remembering where they put their keys. I'd have to trial again to make a more precise evaluation on this.

I'd suggest having a short trial with it before relying on it for a test as too much may be detrimental (It's easy to measure out).

Besides, I'd like to hear a second opinion on what you think of it Henry? It's been a while are you going to try it or not? :)

#94 HenryHH

• 83 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 04:25 AM

In terms of memory enhancing effects, the main thing may be bringing various regions of the brain into sync with one another. Often times while studying for a test, one may rely on rote memory/declarative memory (your left temporal lobe. However, there are other forms of learning/memory as well such as visual/episodic memory (your right temporal lobe), which is what someone would use while putting together tanagrams or remembering where they put their keys. I'd have to trial again to make a more precise evaluation on this.

I'd suggest having a short trial with it before relying on it for a test as too much may be detrimental (It's easy to measure out).

Besides, I'd like to hear a second opinion on what you think of it Henry? It's been a while are you going to try it or not? :)

If I can't find a scale within the next few days, I'm just going to take a negligible amount and see how I feel. Do you recall about how big of a pile a 200-300mg dose "looked" like?

#95 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 04:42 AM

If I can't find a scale within the next few days, I'm just going to take a negligible amount and see how I feel. Do you recall about how big of a pile a 200-300mg dose "looked" like?

For the scale you could just try the one from that link that I posted? It's a cheap price for a .001g scale. :)

Otherwise, in terms of eyeballing it, I actually had some St. Johns wort capsules so I emptied those out then cleaned each capsule out from the inside using a cue tip to get any extra residue off. These capsules were about mid-size (not too big/not too small) and about 150 mg filled up about half of it. This I found was the best way of administering it (so you're not just trying to swallow powder that doesn't taste too good).

Edited by yowza, 12 April 2009 - 04:58 AM.

#96 juanjo_asdf

• 78 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:56 AM

BUMPeru

#97 Big Al

• 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:39 AM

I purchased a bit of bulk Pram and got a local COA, good shtuff with enough surplus to sell a few grams here n there. If anyone is interested, feel free to email me, mp3sum at gmail dot com

FYI it is my fav racetam, after having tried them all (including phenyl and nef)

<edit> I should note I'm a long time lurker, first time poster, these forums changed my life ;) </edit>

Edited by Big Al, 30 April 2009 - 12:40 AM.

#98 outsider

• 396 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:56 AM

I have wanted to try pramiracetam for a long time since it seems to be strong and without the toxicity of nefiracetam. Everytime I tried nef I felt I wanted to trow-up. Of course I would like to try pram for a long period of time with the right dose but I would need a cheap bulk supply.

Right now I'm working with bulk herbs and I have good results at a very cheap price. Sometimes I feel my memory is twice as good as before.

#99 juanjo_asdf

• 78 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:11 PM

bump

#100 Mike M

• 404 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:18 PM

I got some on the way, but it will be 3 weeks before I have it in and tested

#101 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:45 AM

How much/in what quantity/ who is doing the testing?

#102 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:32 AM

Hey SmartPowders, on an unrelated note:

I buy my idebenone usually from BulkNutrition. The current batch I have probably has about 2 to 3 weeks left on it. When I first got it [this was after you had sold it], it was a deep reddish-orange & slightly beaded powder at the bottom. At first, I thought this was normal, but a while ago, I read that someone (I can't remember which forum it was; it was either this one or BrainMeta) who bought some bulk powder from a different source (albeit, with slightly better creds than the current BN) says that it was a very bright, orange, thin powder. My guess is that you've seen a hell of a lot of idebenone powder in your days, and I plan on buying from you anyway for my next batch, but my question would be: based on your experience, what does the actual+fresh idebenone powder look like?

on topic: if your price matches iron-dragon, I'd easily try a batch next month when my supplement-budget opens up. (I am REALLY tempted to try a prami+noopept+vinpocetine stack)

Edited by Pike, 26 May 2009 - 05:35 AM.

#103 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:24 AM

I maintain a webpage which lists various racetams and their sources/prices. They include:

1. Piracetam
2. Aniracetam
3. Oxiracetam
4. Pramiracetam
5. Nefiracetam
6. Phenylpiracetam

All are available from links on the page. Today I updated it: there are four sources for Pramiracetam ;)

Racetam Prices

#104 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:07 AM

Added a new supplier for Pramiracetam to the Racetam Prices list. They are very cheap - about 1/3 the cost of the previously-cheapest provider! And its in BULK POWDER form - 500g package :)

Also, the page now has a mirror.

Edited by Isochroma, 03 August 2009 - 01:08 AM.

#105 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:55 AM

Recently tried Pramiracetam powder, doses from 800mg - 1600mg in olive oil.

Taste was terrrible like a thousand ants biting my tongue, and that bitingness goes on for hours afterward, every time.

Effect was a slowing down of thought, empty head syndrome, poor balance & spin readaptation (exactly the opposite of Piracetam), stumbling jumbling fingers on the keyboard, etc. All very much an unpleasant reminder of my Aniracetam experience.

Thus, the remainder of the powder shall be consigned to the toilet or unfortunate friend, whichever chance has me find first.

Oxiracetam was also tried recently (not mixed with the Pram of course). It's sweet, has a GREAT SPEEDY effect, is also relaxing but without the 'empty head' syndrome, and is much cheaper!

It seems that certain racetams follow each other in character: Piracetam and Oxiracetam are a pair with very similar characteristics. For those who don't respond to one, or have persistent bad effects from one, they are very likely to get those from the other too.

And those same folks often find one or both of the other pair to their liking: Aniracetam and Pramiracetam, which share some similar effects (though less so than the first pair).

Edited by Isochroma, 28 August 2009 - 12:58 AM.

#106 Monalyssa

• 8 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:37 AM

What is "phenylpiracetam"?
I need to take a very important exam and need all my concentration......

I took pramiracetam for about 6 months daily and I would advise everybody to try at least for 2 months... effects in the long term are revolutionary, to use a good word. I experienced no side effects and when I took in high doses around final times (1200mg + daily) I began to have photographic memory. Expensive yes, but worth it - definitely. BTW I am a pre-med/physical therapy major and the courses in the 4th year are should I say, nerve wrecking.

My question is: Can anybody list some good sources for pramiracetam?

I used relentlessimprovement but they are out of stock until 6/30/2008. I tried NuBrain and their quality was, well non-existant. I've also had experience with phenylpiracetam, which is more of a fast surge with no side effects, if needed in a hurry. However, the pramiracetam was a bit cheaper and far more valuable in the long run.

There is much speculation about Bulk Nutrition & other carriers getting Pram bulk but most of these places can't get the quality that relentless can. Please share some ideas or thoughts on how to acquire pramiracetam, it would be much appreciated.

I tried Phenylpiracetam and it was the first *racetam that I could actually feel...in a good way too. Unfortuantually, about 2 weeks after getting the bottle, I find out on this forum and confirmed with Pete at Relentless than due to the exchange rate, it's no longer feasible to sell (the raw materials are imported from another country and since the US dollar has become so relatively weak, he would have to sell at such a price where it would not be sold). I expect the same to happen to Prampiracetam. And if I can't find a reliable, safe source for getting a supplement, then it might as well not even exist.

#107 Justchill

• 315 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:32 PM

OMG that stuff tastes horrible... :X

#108 Orajel

• 138 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:25 AM

How much do the effects of pramiracetam differ from those of piracetam? Is a dose of pramiracetam essentially a high dose of piracetam?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#109 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:45 AM

It's totally different. Taking 4.8g twice daily piracetam with some (125-250mg) glutemic acid, and maybe 2 glasses of milk or a calcium supplement; as recommended in the piracetam threads,
it makes you subtly sharper, subtly more verbally fluent. It can increase vision and auditory senses. It can increase endurance, decrease pain threshold.
Pramiracetam can blunt your emotions somewhat, increase motivation, subtly increase concentration, subtly increase memory and logic.
Common pramiracetam doses are 250-300mg twice daily, or if you don't feel anything on that you can try something like 800mg.
I personally took ~2g twice daily, but only for a short while (a month or so). Prami at high doses possibly increases NOS concentration in the brain, so I'd only take that during finals or in dire need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users