- - - - -

"Tough" CR

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alpha-Frequency

• 96 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:03 AM

Greetings,

I read a post earlier of a guy saying that when he practiced CR at the age of 17, he felt "feminized" and "girlish".
I too, experienced the same phenemenom around the age of 20. I initiated CR with good intentions, counted calories, recorded everything, used software, did my homework...but felt VERY "weak"- I had zero sex drive. I am now planning on starting CR again- this time with more knowledge on how to do it and still maintain a sense of feeling and acting with "grit".
I would like to know if anyone here has any ideas (supplements, diet, excercise) of doing CR without losing your sense of being "tough" (for lack of a better word).
Thanks!!

#2 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:39 PM

I think this is not entirely possible. With CR your body changes its priotirites, from reproduction to maintaining itself. Nothing in this world comes for free :p

Edited by sam988, 01 June 2008 - 08:40 PM.

#3 Alpha-Frequency

• Topic Starter
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:27 PM

Yeah but what if I took Arginine, Zinc, ZMA...things that enhance libido? BY the way, I do not intend on going as low as, say Michael Rae.

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,074 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:11 PM

Perhaps resistance training would help - weight lifting. This stimulates the production of HGH and testosterone in most men.

#5 Alpha-Frequency

• Topic Starter
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:44 PM

Thank you for your reply, and you quite correct- resistance training on empty, in the morning before breakfast would definitely help. I am also using a Ketogenic approach because I like the psychological effects. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users