* * * * * 1 votes

Nutrition & Supplements for Skin Health

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 nancyd

• 249 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:38 PM

I also take Biosil and MSM.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I really think Biosil gives me pimples.

Maybe it's the cause. I was wondering if anyone saw any difference in their skin after using Biosil. I haven't after using it for a few months. MSM makes my nails grow very fast so I'm guessing it's having an effect on all connective tissues.

#32 Forever21

• Topic Starter
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:31 PM

What else to have for lunch, oh, SPAM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:29 PM

What else to have for lunch, oh, SPAM.

lol......

#34 NDM

• 343 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:21 AM

some folks from iHerb claim that liquid chlorophyll is good for reducing the appearance of dark circles and note an overall improvement of skin quality...Elsewhere I read that it's good (orally or topically) for wound healing. I started taking some today. We'll see. For now I love the taste.

#35 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:49 AM

some folks from iHerb claim that liquid chlorophyll is good for reducing the appearance of dark circles and note an overall improvement of skin quality...Elsewhere I read that it's good (orally or topically) for wound healing. I started taking some today. We'll see. For now I love the taste.

vitamin k is commonly recommended to improve circulation/treat dark circles under the eyes. that is probably the component in the liquid chlorophyll that the iherb customers are getting their benefit from.

#36 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:36 AM

Any thoughts on lutein esters, as opposed to plain lutein? I saw a paper that said the ester had better bioavailability, but I've mislaid it... I'm taking 20mg lutein esters daily, after seeing a paper on not only skin improvement, but substantially improved UV resistance. It's like systemic sunscreen, albeit SPF 2 or so. Still, it's all over, all the time, and it's on top of whatever else you do. No wonder those raw foodies all look so good!

#37 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:49 AM

Any thoughts on lutein esters, as opposed to plain lutein? I saw a paper that said the ester had better bioavailability, but I've mislaid it... I'm taking 20mg lutein esters daily, after seeing a paper on not only skin improvement, but substantially improved UV resistance. It's like systemic sunscreen, albeit SPF 2 or so. Still, it's all over, all the time, and it's on top of whatever else you do. No wonder those raw foodies all look so good!

I don't know the difference. Where do you buy lutein esters?

#38 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:46 PM

What's up with biosil not working for anybody? I've taken it and it definitely helps hair growth. As for skin I cannot tell because I am about to turn 25 and have not incurred much sun damage yet. But jarrosil seems to work equally well for hair strength/growth.So I guess the stabilizing agent (boron) is just as suitable as choline.

Edited by TheFountain, 01 December 2009 - 02:47 PM.

#39 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:44 PM

I don't know the difference. Where do you buy lutein esters?

This is the one I use.

#40 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:49 PM

What's up with biosil not working for anybody? I've taken it and it definitely helps hair growth. As for skin I cannot tell because I am about to turn 25 and have not incurred much sun damage yet. But jarrosil seems to work equally well for hair strength/growth.So I guess the stabilizing agent (boron) is just as suitable as choline.

I think that it works for me. I've seen differences in both skin and hair since using it. That said, I haven't run a placebo controlled trial on it, and since it's systemic, can't do a split face experiment. There is published clinical data on it, however, and something is making me look better. I think it's the Biosil but I can't rule out other aspects of my regimen as being contributory. No doubt other things help as well. Still, I'm sufficiently impressed with Biosil that I will continue to buy it. In the liquid formulation it's a pretty good value, imo.

#41 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:40 PM

I think that it works for me. I've seen differences in both skin and hair since using it. That said, I haven't run a placebo controlled trial on it, and since it's systemic, can't do a split face experiment. There is published clinical data on it, however, and something is making me look better. I think it's the Biosil but I can't rule out other aspects of my regimen as being contributory. No doubt other things help as well. Still, I'm sufficiently impressed with Biosil that I will continue to buy it. In the liquid formulation it's a pretty good value, imo.

I just can't believe the overwhelming majority of people who claim it doesn't work for them. I am guessing many of these people are just too young to notice any benefits yet. I admit I am too young to notice the benefits on my skin but it doesn't matter what age you are when it comes to its effect on hair, bones and nails. And for that it definitely has worked for me. Jarrosil too.

#42 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:19 PM

I just started using Biosil recently, after reading a post about it on this forum. ISTM my fingernails are growing faster than before. I play guitar and keep my fretting hand nails as short as possible and I find I'm having to trim them more frequently lately.

#43 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 November 2020 - 05:39 PM

I would also avoid skin from food like chicken skin because skin is like a barrier and blocks all bad stuff but also holds it therefore. I never liked skin anyway. Unless you can somehow find a skin that is 100% clean which is impossible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users