• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * - 8 votes

There really is intelligent design

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 abolitionist

• Topic Starter
  • 720 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:28 AM

you guys are a real disappointment, I'd expect you would at least review the material before making gross assumptions

if you had watched the videos you'd know that there are no putative scientific explanations for how ancient humans had advanced knowledge
of the solar system - no one asserts that humans were able to make these determinations with human sight and observation of the stars... no one...

they had no telescopes people - wake up!

I'll watch the videos. Can't now because I'm at work.

Until then, here's my generalization: If the Summerian texts accurately describe planets outside of our solar system, I'll be more convinced.

The Summerians might have had telescopes. Isn't glass an ancient technology? Maybe not wide-spread in ancient times, but still. Maybe I'm wrong. If they had glass, it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine some human figuring out that a piece of glass curved a certain way magnifies things that are close and that two pieces in combo lets him see things that are far away. If not with glass, what about with ice? Apparently, you can fashion a sphere of clear ice that will magnify sunlight enough to start a fire. A telescope with ice lenses might be impractical. The point is that telescopes are simple. I will believe in unfound telescopes before unfound aliens.

Now that I've made up my mind, who needs to see the videos? Just kidding.

It's possible that they did make telescopes, though no evidence has been found of this that I'm aware of.

Even if they did, it doesn't explain other ancient feats/technology.

A telescope that can see the color of Neptune and the axis of Uranus is powerful even by today's standards. Is it possible to make a glass telescope that is that powerful or accurate using ancient methods? Lense formation requires precision.

Did they destroy their telescopes and leave other technologies and amazing work behind?

#62 abolitionist

• Topic Starter
  • 720 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:35 AM

if not aliens, it would have to be a cabal of individuals bent on decieving the masses who have hidden their advanced technology from the ages

according to ancient texts, these ancient civilizations were seeded by aliens and the technology and star knowledge was provided and not learned by humans

to me saying that ancients developed these abilities on their own is like saying some old man with a board created those perfectly symmetrical and huge crop circles in the dark all by himself...

it's a coverup

Edited by abolitionist, 18 October 2008 - 11:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users