Photo
- - - - -

anti-aging in 20s? and tanning beds...

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:19 AM

I just think the avoiding the sun as if you were a vampire thing is a bit extreme.

Everyone here makes their decisions based on either conscious or unconscious weighing of the costs compared to the benefits of the measures they are willing to take. Have faith that people can intelligently do this by themselves without your rhetoric.

Right on man..I guess voicing opinions is not something that can be done without someone getting their feelings hurt or taking something too personally.

First of all, I'm not sure you can label anything I said as "rhetoric". I will admit that I probably could have stated my opinion in a better way without using words like "vampire". I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Well you haven't really offended me and I don't think you've grasped my point either. I was attacking your motivation in expressing these opinions here rather than the opinions themselves. Re-read what I wrote.

#32 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:19 AM

I just think the avoiding the sun as if you were a vampire thing is a bit extreme.

Everyone here makes their decisions based on either conscious or unconscious weighing of the costs compared to the benefits of the measures they are willing to take. Have faith that people can intelligently do this by themselves without your rhetoric.

Right on man..I guess voicing opinions is not something that can be done without someone getting their feelings hurt or taking something too personally.

First of all, I'm not sure you can label anything I said as "rhetoric". I will admit that I probably could have stated my opinion in a better way without using words like "vampire". I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Well you haven't really offended me and I don't think you've grasped my point either. I was attacking your motivation in expressing these opinions here rather than the opinions themselves. Re-read what I wrote.

I stated an opinion and I probably should have just kept it to myself. This is just getting weird. Peace out.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:18 AM

[quote name='danneva' post='412286' date='Jun 6 2010, 06:59 PM']As of now, I never have seen any aging signs on my face or in any parts of my body. But because my age is not exempted, I will use some anti aging products for the slow appearance of aging signs. [spam tanning bed link removed]
So I take it you use a tanning bed? Just come out and say it.

Edited by niner, 07 June 2010 - 02:05 AM.

#34 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:51 AM

Why do people act like 20s is so young? the process of cellular senescence begins right about this time. When you think about the abstraction of time, and you really contemplate what a million years is, for example, the time elapse between 20-40-60-80 is absolutely nothing. 20 is not young, it's just a little younger than 90 when you think of it in cosmic terms. Even in human terms 5 years old is young. 20 something isn't.

Edited by TheFountain, 07 June 2010 - 01:54 AM.

#35 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:10 AM

Why do people act like 20s is so young? the process of cellular senescence begins right about this time. When you think about the abstraction of time, and you really contemplate what a million years is, for example, the time elapse between 20-40-60-80 is absolutely nothing. 20 is not young, it's just a little younger than 90 when you think of it in cosmic terms. Even in human terms 5 years old is young. 20 something isn't.

Aging begins in the womb, but development isn't done until about 25. That's when your wacky young brain is finally mature, and your insurance rates go down. I don't think that comparing your age to the age of the universe is very helpful. Twenty-something IS young by the standards of human development and aging. You may be uncomfortable with that fact, but the fact remains. I hope that you get a chance to re-read your post when you're my age, so you can see how silly it sounds.

#36 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:12 AM

That sounds all brainy and stuff but the fact is, 20s is young. Deal with it.

#37 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:38 AM

I hope that you get a chance to re-read your post when you're my age, so you can see how silly it sounds.

I have no idea how old you are so I cannot say if that is possible. I am 25 and when I think about it I feel as if 15 was a mere heartbeat ago (who knows what a cosmic heartbeat is?). It just seems like every 'year' passes faster and faster when I reside within the time continuum. When I opt out of dealing with the concept of 'time' I feel like a child again. I do not 'feel' times hands pushing against me at all.

#38 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:00 AM

I hope that you get a chance to re-read your post when you're my age, so you can see how silly it sounds.

I have no idea how old you are so I cannot say if that is possible. I am 25 and when I think about it I feel as if 15 was a mere heartbeat ago (who knows what a cosmic heartbeat is?). It just seems like every 'year' passes faster and faster when I reside within the time continuum. When I opt out of dealing with the concept of 'time' I feel like a child again. I do not 'feel' times hands pushing against me at all.

Time seems to be speeding up... That keeps happening more and more as you get older. You're lucky that you haven't felt time's hand yet. That tends to kick in by the time you're 30, if not sooner. Fortunately we are starting to have some technology to push back. You will be my age in 2039; just in time for the singularity if we're very lucky. I hope I'm still around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users