Photo
- - - - -

Lithium Orotate

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 hani

• 134 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

Nope. But my mother is BPII. I have OCD/anxiety issues but I am not diagnosed Are you on any medication?.

#32 FocusPocus

• 225 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

I take 0.25 mg clonazepam to help me with BP related anxiety (or maybe unrelated), and 50 mg of modafinil to prevent depression.

Not on anything for Bipolar, i refused to take mood stabilizers.

Thanks for your reply. I should probably give this to my dad(also BP II), or try it myself after my exams.

On an unrelated note, i think having a first degree relative with bipolar disease is enough for a diagnosis of bipolar disease. (I think.)
Could explain your benefit from the supplement. Maybe im wrong.

Edited by FocusPocus, 17 August 2013 - 01:37 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 hani

• 134 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

It's not enough. Last time I checked, there's a 15% chance of you getting Bipolar if one of your parents has it. You must have the symptoms of bipolar to actually be diagnosed as bipolar. I'm not sure if I might get it later in life, but at the moment, I'm suffering from OCD/anxiety issues not depression or mania/hypomania. Lithium increases serotonin (so similar to SSRI's which are used for OCD and GAD).

It must be tough managing the disorder without any medication but be careful about kindling, that's is the more you get untreated depression/manic episodes the course of disorder might get worse overtime and can become hard to treat. Depression and mania both negatively affect the structure of the brain, especially if you're sleeping a few hours a day.

Edited by hani, 17 August 2013 - 06:52 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#34 FocusPocus

• 225 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

Thanks man, Very informative link.

I should definitely get some Li orotate, as soon as my exams get over. Till then i hope i see through this somehow on my own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users