* * * * * 1 votes

MEETING weekly

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#1 dnamechanic

• Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:45 PM

Closed indefinitely, until further notice.

Immortality Institute weekly Chat Room Workshop and Meeting for:

Wednesdays:
20:00-21:00 gmt (4:00 PM - 5:00 PM EST) - Folding@Home The Longevity Meme (TLM) team workshop and meeting
-complete meeting schedule here

Open to all. Workshop and meeting to work on and discuss TLM F@H, the Longevity Meme Folding at Home Team ongoing work and progress toward the top 10. TLM F@H work supports the Immortality Institutes mission, Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans.

(The following clock is GMT, Greenwich Mean Time)

Online Clock Desktop Calendar

imminst_broadcast_and_chat_banner.gif

Meeting Heads: Dnamechanic, Mind
Meeting Promoters: (now recruiting, 3 max)
Meeting Secretaries: (optional, now recruiting, 3 max)

fah_header.jpg

Edited by brokenportal, 05 May 2010 - 04:00 PM.

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:52 PM

This is going to be great. Ill be there for sure. Ill be asking for tips on how I might go about getting more folding out of my computer amongst other things.

Are you, other imminst people, going to be there?

I guess I better post something like this about the the MFURI meeting on monday, its 4pm cst time.

Where do you think we should supply a schedule?

#3 dnamechanic

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 05:06 PM

Anyone with a F@H question or concern can inquire tomorrow.

Actually you can inquire now, or anytime you wish :)

Suggestions are welcome.

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:47 PM

bump

#5 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:56 PM

I will be hanging out at the ustream channel for anyone who wants to come on over for the meeting. Last week we discussed promotion for the 3rd quarter of competition and we were going to finalize the plans this week.

#6 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:09 PM

Oh, should mention that it is going on now 20:00 GMT, 3pm Central

#7 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:20 PM

Here are 7 things we have discussed to promote the 3rd quarter of the F@H prize competition.

1. A new front page article promoting the 3rd quarter competition and announcing the new prizes.
2. Forum discussions promoting the same.
3. Contact non-producing teams (used to fold but stopped) and invite them to join TLM and compete for the prize.
4. Putting up to $100 into a google ad targetting folders (and tech/geeks)
5. Contact friendly life extension websites and orgs and invite them to fold for TLM.
6. Send out a mass PM.
7. Write an "idiots guide" to folding.

We want to start the promo blitz around the 20th but might hold off until the 25th for the mass PM to give Sentinel, kismet, and dnamechanic time to write the "idiots guide".

#8 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:35 PM

Just a reminder that there will be a meeting tomorrow September 24th at the Ustream channel at 3pm central (20:00 GMT) to review the strategy and get progress updates. Be there or be square.

#9 dnamechanic

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:01 PM

Just a reminder that there will be a meeting tomorrow September 24th at the Ustream channel at 3pm central (20:00 GMT) ...

Thanks for the reminder.

Will be there.

#10 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:52 PM

Just a reminder that there will be a meeting tomorrow September 24th at the Ustream channel at 3pm central (20:00 GMT) to review the strategy and get progress updates. Be there or be square.

You can't get anymore square than grid technology! Jesus, I have to get out more...

BTW It's actually 9:00pm for us Larndaners (London'ers) as we haven't put the clocks forward yet. Hopefully see you later.

#11 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:52 PM

1. A new front page article promoting the 3rd quarter competition and announcing the new prizes.
2. Forum discussions promoting the same. (one so far)
3. Contact non-producing teams (used to fold but stopped) and invite them to join TLM and compete for the prize. (in progress)
5. Contact friendly life extension websites and orgs and invite them to fold for TLM.
6. Send out a mass PM.

#12 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:38 PM

2. Forum discussions promoting the same. (one so far)
3. Contact non-producing teams (used to fold but stopped) and invite them to join TLM and compete for the prize. (in progress)
6. Send out a mass PM.

Remember that we have a meeting scheduled for 3pm Central (20:00 GMT) regarding the F@H prize and competition. We could still use some more ideas for promoting the team before we get too far into the 3rd quarter.

#13 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:17 PM

Going on now. Stop on by. Check the related threads here in the TLM forum.

#14 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

Just a reminder that we will have a meeting a 3pm Central, 20:00 GMT today. Bring your ideas and questions. The meetings have been very beneficial for the team.

Just a reminder that we will have a meeting a 3pm Central, 20:00 GMT today. Bring your ideas and questions. The meetings have been very beneficial for the team.

#15 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:29 AM

Bugger, I missed it.

Bugger, I missed it.

#16 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:01 PM

Meeting at 3pm.

We have seen a surge in performance of the team with the addition of new members and increased prize. Our PPD has jumped up to about 210,000. Very Nice! We still need to meet and think of new pomotional ideas because there won't be an increase in prize money again until the 4th quarter. If we want the team to grow, we still need promote it in between quarters.

Even though the video server is currently down at Ustream, the text box still works. See you there.

#17 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:04 PM

Ok, I checked out the chat box on a different computer and maybe it isn't working. I'm still not letting anyone off the hook. Make sure to come up with some ideas for next week's meeting (or a little later if the Ustream channel comes back).

#18 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:14 PM

Ok, I checked out the chat box on a different computer and maybe it isn't working. I'm still not letting anyone off the hook. Make sure to come up with some ideas for next week's meeting (or a little later if the Ustream channel comes back).

1 idea, how about crossing the idiots guide of the list. DNAM did pretty much all of it with me providing the "idiot" angle (and others providing sensible input), but having it hangingaround on the lists makes me feel like I've got homework hanging over me ;-)

#19 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:24 PM

. Crossed off the list. No more homework for the time being.

#20 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:30 PM

. Crossed off the list. No more homework for the time being.

Sentinel looked visibly more relaxed

#21 dnamechanic

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:45 PM

Hi Sentinel and Mind, and others that might have showed for the meeting.

Couldn't make the meeting, was sidetracked most of this afternoon.

Sentinel, I appreciate your humor, and especially appreciate your critique and help with the "How to Install F@H" post.

#22 dnamechanic

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:52 PM

Chances are that I will not make the F@H meeting today.

#23 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:42 PM

Chances are that I will not make the F@H meeting today.

Honestly, next you'll be saying you have a life :|?

Take care.

#24 dnamechanic

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:02 PM

... next you'll be saying you have a life :|?

Take care.

Well,...

Protein Folding is fundamental to life as 'we' know it. :)

#25 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:00 PM

I'll be there. Stop on by with any ideas. I let you know how everything is going.

#26 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:40 PM

I'll be there. Stop on by with any ideas. I let you know how everything is going.

OK Nice to hear Mr Mind talking in the digital flesh - what a pro total natural, you just are THE guy for the job and I'm constantly reminded to be grateful It's hard to lead with passion but without ego and that is what Mind does. Thanks mate:~

Right: Upshot? We need to be more aggressive, for aggressive read targeted, The gamers need to be approached in a very different way to the CPU and a laptop regular users, Outside that maybe we need a PS3 ad that is google-ized to come up with a non-suspect looking ad that encourages joining the programme with a few examples of the work that has been made possible by the initiative, THEN hit them with the prizes. Basically the better your kit, the more prizes you can win and you get to have your dodgey web persona/name at the top of the board/league above your potentially superior fellow gamers, just by having the best kit!!

Do you see how sexy and macho this has got on extreme OC and many other oc’ing boards "Man, it must have took me 3 hours, a lot of paste and six different sets of CUDAs to get both a them 8800GTXs running in that cramped rig but it is Beu-ti-ful!! Fahmon says I got 13167 ppd out of that one unit - stock!. You wait till i chuck some ram in there and crank the shaders…”

We’re basically pimpin rigs! We should have photo sections, halls of fame, who's got the most out of their 8xxx etc and how. That sharing and bragging will bring over the boys with something to prove and kit to back it up, make it more fun, give an opportunity to learn (I've learnt tons in the last few weeks) and all the while showing people that we’re not just a skinny bunch of sun-shirking vit-sinkers (not Just!) we also know how to go after something worthwhile, innovate and throw ourselves into something that benefits others, not just our pale, unsmiling selves.

I'm available for weddings, sci-fi conventions etc, Novembers looking pretty open...

Sentinel
edit:christ I haven't even been drinking, what happened to font size 0?

Edited by sentinel, 23 October 2008 - 07:44 AM.

#27 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:02 PM

All great ideas Sentinel that we will have to flesh out in the near future.

I will not be at the meeting today (3pm central) because of other work commitments. Please stop on by and get a plan of attack going for hitting the gaming community. Photos would be great. How about photos of winners holding up a fistful of cash? There will be a general round table discussion at 4pm.

#28 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:22 PM

The meeting is going on now.

There is also a 4pm meeting every wednesday for brainstorming.

Print this schedule out and post it by your computer: imminst.org/meetings

There are always a lot of topics for fah, so if youve had one then bring it to the table here.

#29 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:20 AM

The meeting is going on now.

There is also a 4pm meeting every wednesday for brainstorming.

Print this schedule out and post it by your computer: imminst.org/meetings

There are always a lot of topics for fah, so if youve had one then bring it to the table here.

Sorry chaps, totally missed this - it was bonfire night in the UK and I was trying to blow myself to pieces whilst entertaining children!

Any particular points raised or proposals?

Thanks

Sentinel

#30 dnamechanic

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:52 AM

Sorry chaps, totally missed this - it was bonfire night in the UK and I was trying to blow myself to pieces whilst entertaining children!

Glad you maintaned your composure :)

Any particular points raised or proposals? Sentinel

I was a bit late to the meeting.

BrokenPortal presented some good ideas. He showed his outline of topics that he is working on, and is looking for help on many of the topics.

Jens was there and signed on the folding team while we chatted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users