* * * * * 1 votes

MEETING weekly

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#31 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:15 PM

Sorry chaps, totally missed this - it was bonfire night in the UK and I was trying to blow myself to pieces whilst entertaining children!

Glad you maintaned your composure :)

Any particular points raised or proposals? Sentinel

I was a bit late to the meeting.

BrokenPortal presented some good ideas. He showed his outline of topics that he is working on, and is looking for help on many of the topics.

Jens was there and signed on the folding team while we chatted.

Sounds good. There's been a good steady flow of new people signing up which is encouraging. Not far to the 100 now!

#32 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:02 PM

Meeting starting now, please do stop in.

#33 dnamechanic

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:48 PM

The next F@H Meeting at the Ustream Sunday Evening Update Channel is this Wednesday at 3:00 PM CST .

As many of you know, The Longevity Meme team (TLM) is on the verge of breaking into the Top 100.

Would like to solicit comments relative to the next goal (target rank) for the team.

As naapi (Maciek) put it here: "This thread is becoming obsolete".

Many thanks to every advocate, supporter, and participant of the Longevity Meme team.

Here's to a high-ranking TLM in 2009.

#34 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:30 PM

Good idea bumping this ahead of time, its given me an idea. Ill go around and drum up extra support for this wednesday meeting so as to have a "party" of sorts in celebration of reaching the top 100. Hopefully we can reach it on that day exactly, Ill try to get some more folders too.

Ill try to get people who will be there to sign in here for this wednesdays meeting.

#35 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:18 PM

Tomorrow's meeting will be a celebration of course, since we are projected to hit the top 100 at around noon (the 17th). As DNAmechanic mentioned, we should discuss goals for 2009. Top 50 will be tough, but perhaps achievable.

#36 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:55 AM

Are any of you all out there planning on attending?

If anybody wants to help me promote for it then let me know. I try to promote for every meeting for an hour or so before hand. We can start a weekly bulletin in all of our facebook and myspace pages and places like that and drum up more support for these meetings. Just a little bit more in this effort will really go a long ways. I really hope more people start jumping on small projects teams.

#37 dnamechanic

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:10 PM

Top100.jpg

Original Image from: Stanford Team Stats

#38 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:20 PM

Nice, I just printed this out to put on a giant collage Ive got. I hope everybody attends todays meeting at 3pm cst time 9pm gmt time in the chat room at this link:

#39 dnamechanic

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:16 PM

...3pm cst time 9pm gmt time in the chat room at this link:

I will be online for the F@H meeting.

#40 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:23 PM

I will not be at the meeting today. On the road traveling for the holidays.

#41 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:23 PM

I will be there.

#42 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:12 PM

For anybody interested the meeting has started at the beginning of this hour.

There is also a brainstorming meeting right after this, at the end of the hour.

The schedule is here: imminst.org/meetings

The meeting room is, amongst other places, here: http://longecity.com/

#43 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:18 PM

During the meeting tomorrow (Wednesday January 7th), I figure we can draw the 13th prize winner for the 3rd quarter of the F@H Prize competition. Tune in (4pm EST), see if you win.

Edited by Mind, 06 January 2009 - 08:19 PM.

#44 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:43 PM

I drew the random 13th prize today at the F@H prize meeting. The winner was folder AnnabelleRom1 who wins $15.00 in cold hard cash. I saved the video of the drawing here for posterity sake.

And we also officially decided to aim for the top 50 in 2009.

#45 dnamechanic

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:49 PM

I drew the random 13th prize today at the F@H prize meeting. The winner was folder AnnabelleRom1 who wins $15.00 in cold hard cash. I saved the video of the drawing here for posterity sake.

Great!

Congratulations Annabelle_et_Rom1.

Thank you for your contributions to the Longevity Meme Team.

#46 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:57 PM

Stop on by the Ustream channel now if you have any ideas for the F@H Prize.

#47 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:24 PM

Wednesdays
3:00 PM CST (9:00 PM GMT) - Folding@Home The Longevity Meme (TLM) team meeting
4:00 - 8:00 PM CST (10:00 PM - 2:00 AM GMT) - ImmInst think tank session and project task force rally point

Thats in the Immortality Institute internet broadcast channel and chat room here.

Come one, come all, its an easy way to get involved. A trip of a billion miles is accomplished one step at a time. Every little step adds up. Big leaps are waiting to be taken around every corner. They say that success comes from when being ready meets opportunity and luck, so get ready, these meetings are a good opportunity, and good luck. The work pays off in general and you never know when luck will strike. We've already made it to the top 100 which is huge, and we are on our way up. Help lend a hand and we will get there all the faster.

Attached Thumbnails

• brainstorm.jpg

Edited by brokenportal, 05 March 2009 - 05:58 PM.

#48 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:00 PM

I am hoping to get some ideas on a coupon for gaming stores for folding at home. If anybody has any ideas, then brew them up and meet us in tomorrows meeting.

What Ill do is take 20 or 50 bucks down to my local video game exchange and talk to the manager or owner about putting coupons on ps3 games that say 2 dollars off or something like that for joining the Longevity Meme folding team. I need to figure out how to word the coupon though so we can prove that the people signed up for the team and make it as simple as 1, 2, 3, for the store. If you have any ideas or want to put together an example then please do.

Edited by brokenportal, 27 January 2009 - 07:04 PM.

#49 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:49 PM

Meeting coming up again today.

#50 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:23 PM

If anyone wants to stop by and discuss some ideas over in the Ustream Chat please do so. I will be around between 3 and 4. Recently been working on funding for the second year of the prize. Trying to find some new support for larger awards. Might be a good time to remind some of your friends to get folding again. If you check our team's folding stats you will notice a few have stopped for whatever reason. Usually a gentle reminder will get them going again.

Also, we should see about getting a defined advertising strategy going for the beginning of the 2nd year of the Prize (begins April 1st). Some things off the top of my head:

1. Work with Vgamer and the internetworking team to get some diggs or other exposure. Twitter. Twines. Contact blogs.
2. I will probably put a few bucks into an adwords campaign again. Subjectively, it seems we got some mileage out of that last year.
3. Create a new splash page, perhaps with some better graphics. I would really like to get pictures of people holding some cash. I always thought that would draw in more participants. Maybe/maybe not?
4. Something new? We have use the above 3 last year with some success, but if anyone can think of some new strategies, let me, DNAmechanic, Eric, or Vgamer know.

#51 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:54 PM

If anyone wants to stop by and discuss some ideas over in the Ustream Chat please do so. I will be around between 3 and 4. Recently been working on funding for the second year of the prize. Trying to find some new support for larger awards. Might be a good time to remind some of your friends to get folding again. If you check our team's folding stats you will notice a few have stopped for whatever reason. Usually a gentle reminder will get them going again.

Also, we should see about getting a defined advertising strategy going for the beginning of the 2nd year of the Prize (begins April 1st). Some things off the top of my head:

1. Work with Vgamer and the internetworking team to get some diggs or other exposure. Twitter. Twines. Contact blogs.
2. I will probably put a few bucks into an adwords campaign again. Subjectively, it seems we got some mileage out of that last year.
3. Create a new splash page, perhaps with some better graphics. I would really like to get pictures of people holding some cash. I always thought that would draw in more participants. Maybe/maybe not?
4. Something new? We have use the above 3 last year with some success, but if anyone can think of some new strategies, let me, DNAmechanic, Eric, or Vgamer know.

Not the right place but it just shot into my head. I know its a big deal to change the name of our team to IMMINST.ORG or Longevitymeme.org but can individual participants change their names to something like this as a form of promotion. Some of us are in the top 100 now after all :) So could we not be like Rocky in Rocky 1 and brazenly go into the limelight wearing an ad for Imminst, the meme or even viral marketing as ImminstFaHPrizes.

If it's a big deal I might just scrap my Sentinel character and start affresh as Imminst.org and work back up the ranks. Got to look at the long term plan.

Thoughts?

#52 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:17 AM

OK So if you change your user name you I believe you would be set to zero for your total contribution in terms of points. However your ranking in terms of PPD is dynamic so were I change my name to www.longevitymeme.org tomorrow I would still be in the exact same position in terms of out put.

I have now moved thi sto a new thread, read on here: http://www.imminst.o...o...=28211&st=0

Edited by sentinel, 06 March 2009 - 10:28 AM.

#53 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:49 PM

We're standardizing all the meeting topics and so Im storing the old ones in quotes like this.

This meeting is every wednesday, please do mark it down on your calander and help us all toss ideas around and move forward toward that top ten. We will get there. Theres a ton of great ideas and action taking place everywhere, a little more will go a long long ways.

This is part of the grassroots front line of this war on aging and disease. United we will definently continue to win.

A Folding@Home meeting is scheduled for Wednesday at 3:00 PM CDT at the Ustream Sunday Evening Update Channel.

Everyone is invited.

Initially, it may be only text communication (chat-like). Although if Mind available, he may have some images or may enable his voice capability.

The initial objective of the meeting is to brainstorm and come up with ideas to promote the folding effort, the Longevity Meme team (TLM), and the F@H prize. Topics may include:

- Raise Visibility
- Recruiting
- Encourage past TLM folders to help again
- Find synergism with other related efforts, for example: MFURI
- Assist with folding setup (Client download, install, etc.)
- Resolve folding client issues
- Productivity and Performance improvements
- Computer Hardware (including GPU and PS3) Issues
- Future F@H Prize improvements and developments

Any related topic is game for discussion. We may organize the topics and concentrate on areas-of-interest in later meetings.

Maciek_Kolodziejczyk (naapi) will be there as a leader of the discussion. As you know, Maciek was the top folder in the first quarter F@H Prize competition. He has committed to monetary support of the prize and excluded himself from the winnings (see here).

We will be inviting folders to help with the meeting.

Anyone interested in folding come by and ask questions or just listen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those unfamiliar with Ustream:

Mind has a regular program there called the Sunday Evening Update at 5:00 PM CST. During other times he has a fairly large assortment of video documentaries that continuously play there.

When a scheduled meeting is to occur, a text window appears in the screen, just to the right of the video display. The text window shows the current text conversations. Below the window is a place to enter your comments. Just type in your message and press "send".

You may log in with your ImmInst name. If you do not log in, Ustream provides you a guest # as an ID. This ID# is bold in the text display so you can recognize yourself from other numbers in the display. You may prefer to have a name displayed, to do this, in the upper left is a "Sign Up" button. Just provide the minimal information, and thereafter you can log in with a name that can be recognized by others.

#54 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:39 PM

At the fah meeting today we talked to two more people about signing up for the team. One of them might. I usually have a 95% success rate when trying to get people to fold.

Im taking applications for people who want to go to their gaming stores to get them to use coupons. Let me know if you want to try it and Ill send you the coupon example and the money to cover the coupons. Ill also pay you ten dollars. So Ill send you $40.00 worth of coupons and $10.00 for the effort. I talked to one gaming store so far. They said I have to call the corporate office. Im going to go and talk to a locally owned gaming store just as soon as I can remember to bring the coupon example with me. I forgot to bring it the last time I was down there.

#55 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:04 PM

We need a topic or two for the agenda today. If you have one, please bring it to the table.

We also need some promoters for this weekly meeting, and a secretary or two. If you are interested in either of those jobs then let us know.

The team member names of all teams like this one are going to be published in a variety of places like for example, most likely in each imminst news letter. The newsletter is developing and getting ready for launch.

Im also thinking about getting a discussion going about a team member bi monthly drawing for a prize or something like that. Im thinking, for every imminst team member we can get we up the jack pot by $1.00 and then draw first through third place every two months and then send out a prize worth the amount of money in the pot. Say for example there are 30 volunteers on different teams then we would give out 3 $10.00 mugs or tshirts or something like that.

#56 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:56 PM

Alright, that coupon idea thats been talked about has another version now, a mini flyer, its a coupon with out the offer of money. Im not sure we could trust the workers to run this smoothly even if they were making a bit of money off of it. It might be a bit to complex with the coupon.

So heres the mini flyer idea. We can ask the game stores if we can leave small stacks of these at the counter. We could then check up and ask them if anybody showed interest in it. We could maybe even tip workers if they would be willing to explain them to people a bit. Maybe give them $10.00 for every ten recruits they get or something. In any case, heres the mini flyer if anybody wants to try it out.

Feel free to edit it and suggest other versions of it.

Its designed to be printed on the front and back of the paper. When you cut them into squeres, the picture will then be on one side and the info on the other.

Attached Files

#57 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:09 PM

I will be drawing for the 13th prize ($15) at the meeting on Wednesday, 4pm eastern, 2000 GMT.

#58 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:25 PM

For the drawing, I used the list of prize competitors that DNAmechanic had listed on March 31st. There were 88 people on the list. I used random.org to draw a number. It was 58. The 58th person on the list (starting from the top and counting down) was jedimasterlucia. So she wins the $15 13th prize. I will ask DNAmechanic to confirm that number 58 is indeed JML.

Link to the promo vid/drawing.

#59 dnamechanic

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:47 PM

...It was 58. The 58th person on the list (starting from the top and counting down) was jedimasterlucia. So she wins the $15 13th prize. I will ask DNAmechanic to confirm that number 58 is indeed JML.

Link to the promo vid/drawing.

Yes Mind, you are correct.

Jedimasterlucia is the 58th person on the March 31st F@H Prize Progress Graphic.

Congratulations and thank you, jedimasterlucia.

#60 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:06 PM

thanks ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users