• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

Aging is.............

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#61 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:58 PM

Aging is..... losing yourself

#62 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:50 PM

Aging is something that some people are nonchalant about. This makes me wonder, "Really, I mean what are you going to do when your dead?"

#63 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:22 PM

Aging is.... a temporary setback.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#64 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:53 PM

Aging is the next great obstacle that humanity is preparing to hurtle.

Humanity has braved the wheather many times over the milleniums, suviving long enough to invent language, and then fire, each one earth shattering breakthroughs in their time. I mean, language to them was probably more of a breakthrough than the internet has been to us. We pushed on through famines and war and the cold, and heat, created farming so we could live in greater abundance, which gave rise to more free time to invent and do other stuff which has led to the great idustrial age.

Humanity exponentially shifted a gear and moved on through the technology revolution soon after. The struggle and strife and hardship and toil that has been gone through to get us here is deeper than I can imagine. I try sometimes and its horrifiing, the world is filled with graveyards. If we could have collected all the hardship on video and play it in a huge collage then I imagine it would probably kill us from strife. We owe this to them, we owe the creation of indefinite lifespans to them. They have brought us through all that to this great cusp of destiny.

We are now moving on in to the transhumanism era at ever accellerating speeds. The time is right, the time is now. Now is the time to grab the bulls by the horns. If we get this right then it means indefinity. The universe is riding on this. Aging will have its d day.

Edited by brokenportal, 06 March 2009 - 08:09 PM.

#65 fatboy

• 286 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:53 AM

Aging is.

#66 John_Ventureville

• 279 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:03 AM

Aging is a process that we should *have fun* fighting as best we can. It is a challenge that involves all of our intelligence, fortitude, resources and creativity.

"I'M GOING TO LIVE THE HELL OUT OF YOU GUYS!!"

John : )

#67 Grimm

• 92 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:03 PM

Aging is natural.

Aging is a necessary part of humanity.

Aging prevents society stagnating, as new generations with new ideas constantly pop up.

Aging is not going away.

#68 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:00 PM

Aging is a tyrant that needs to be conquered, and the people that arent helping to do that are killing time. If those that do so keep it up then we all just may find that we'll be killing time for eternity.

Aging is natural like the plague, polia, influenza and infection.

Aging is an unnecessary part of humanity.

Aging stagnates society, forcing the learned and wise to die and constantly be replaced by new ingorant generations who have to go through all the same foolish trial an error and learn all the same lessons over and over again. We definitely dont need new generations to come up with new ideas and be innovating, ingenuous and pioneering.

Aging is something that can go away, and that we intend to see if we can indeed make go away. Come hell or high water, the life extension army continues to dual the grim reapers army until their last breathes.

#69 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:18 PM

aging is.... losing your health and youth...

#70 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:07 PM

Aging is natural.

Aging prevents society stagnating, as new generations with new ideas constantly pop up.

Aging is not going away.

Natural, as long as we don't intervene in any way. Bleeding to death is natural, but we stop the bleeding whenever possible.

"Necessary part"? How so?

Prevents stagnation? This might be your best argument. If death is overcome, I think we will need to put new mechanisms in place to prevent stagnant but influential dynasties from being formed, be they military or ideological.

"Not going away"? Not if we can help it, and I wouldn't bet on that if I were you.

#71 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:26 AM

Aging is natural.

Aging is not going away.

Natural, as long as we don't intervene in any way. Bleeding to death is natural, but we stop the bleeding whenever possible.

Prevents stagnation? This might be your best argument. If death is overcome, I think we will need to put new mechanisms in place to prevent stagnant but influential dynasties from being formed, be they military or ideological.

"Not going away"? Not if we can help it, and I wouldn't bet on that if I were you.

Don't bother arguing with him.. it's like arguing with a religious fundamentalist, only that Grimm's God is death. It's clear that his life is miserable and he doesn't see much of a point in living, hence his pro death position.

Edited by forever freedom, 03 June 2009 - 03:27 AM.

#72 Grimm

• 92 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:08 AM

Aging is natural.

Aging is not going away.

Don't bother arguing with him.. it's like arguing with a religious fundamentalist, only that Grimm's God is death. It's clear that his life is miserable and he doesn't see much of a point in living, hence his pro death position.

I find you, and your beliefs hilarious. I still cannot actually believe people can hold these bat shit insane beliefs. Even if stopping aging is possible (slowing it down is, but stopping it? its built in our genes!), civilization won't last long enough for it to be achieved!

You fools have your heads so far in the clouds you don't notice what's happening now.

Evironmental degradation, global warming, peak oil, climate change, global recessions, nuclear testing, a declining superpower facing potential rivals...the list goes on! The next few decades will be insane. Society as we know it will most likely be gone. Nations will cease to exist. War, famine, and death are what we have in store. And most are blind, oblivious, or unwilling to see it.

Aging is the least of mankinds worries.

Use your knowledge to solve real problems. Face your fear of death, cowards, and live your life while you have it. Everything dies. Accept it. Live your life accordingly.

#73 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:38 AM

Aging is natural.

Aging is not going away.

I find you, and your beliefs hilarious. I still cannot actually believe people can hold these bat shit insane beliefs. Even if stopping aging is possible (slowing it down is, but stopping it? its built in our genes!), civilization won't last long enough for it to be achieved!

You fools have your heads so far in the clouds you don't notice what's happening now.

Evironmental degradation, global warming, peak oil, climate change, global recessions, nuclear testing, a declining superpower facing potential rivals...the list goes on! The next few decades will be insane. Society as we know it will most likely be gone. Nations will cease to exist. War, famine, and death are what we have in store. And most are blind, oblivious, or unwilling to see it.

Aging is the least of mankinds worries.

Use your knowledge to solve real problems. Face your fear of death, cowards, and live your life while you have it. Everything dies. Accept it. Live your life accordingly.

ok troll, you've had your attention, now go do something useful with your life to keep you busy and don't pollute this topic any further.

#74 Grimm

• 92 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:55 AM

ok troll, you've had your attention, now go do something useful with your life to keep you busy and don't pollute this topic any further.

Stop polluting the planet with your nonsense.

Everything that lives dies.

Accept it.

To do otherwise will condemn yourself to a life of worry (which I imagine might end your life sooner). So don't worry about death and aging. Live your life. Your fate is written. Eat, drink, and be merry in the short amount of time alotted to us. Life is too short to worry about dying!

#75 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:19 AM

Evironmental degradation, global warming, peak oil, climate change, global recessions, nuclear testing, a declining superpower facing potential rivals...the list goes on! The next few decades will be insane. Society as we know it will most likely be gone. Nations will cease to exist. War, famine, and death are what we have in store.

So why don't you go solve those problems, and leave us to work on the problems that bother us.

#76 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:21 AM

... condemn yourself to a life of worry (which I imagine might end your life sooner). So don't worry about death and aging. Live your life. Your fate is written. Eat, drink, and be merry in the short amount of time alotted to us. Life is too short to worry about dying!

I'm sure there are better things to do than worrying about us worrying.

#77 Grimm

• 92 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:27 AM

Evironmental degradation, global warming, peak oil, climate change, global recessions, nuclear testing, a declining superpower facing potential rivals...the list goes on! The next few decades will be insane. Society as we know it will most likely be gone. Nations will cease to exist. War, famine, and death are what we have in store.

So why don't you go solve those problems, and leave us to work on the problems that bother us.

Society and civilization aren't worth saving. The world, and humanity will be better off without them.

#78 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:06 AM

Yes, everything dies, even the earth and the sun.
I really don't see why that shouldn't be put off as much as possible.

30 years from now, if there was a treatment that returned you to the health of today, would you decline to use it ?

#79 Grimm

• 92 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:12 AM

Yes, everything dies, even the earth and the sun.
I really don't see why that shouldn't be put off as much as possible.

30 years from now, if there was a treatment that returned you to the health of today, would you decline to use it ?

There won't be, as civilization will be in its death throws 30 years from now.

#80 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:28 AM

And, your basis for this statement is ?

Evironmental degradation

Not civilization ending.

global warming

Not a significant problem in the next 30 years.

peak oil

Not going to happen in 30 yrs.

global recessions

The Great Depression did not last 30 yrs

nuclear testing

Not a significant problem.

a declining superpower facing potential rivals

Ok, that one could be a real problem, depending on who's in power.

...the list goes on! The next few decades will be insane. Society as we know it will most likely be gone. Nations will cease to exist. War, famine, and death are what we have in store. And most are blind, oblivious, or unwilling to see it.

That's a total exaggeration.

#81 Grimm

• 92 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:40 AM

And, your basis for this statement is ?

Evironmental degradation

Not civilization ending.

global warming

Not a significant problem in the next 30 years.

peak oil

Not going to happen in 30 yrs.

global recessions

The Great Depression did not last 30 yrs

nuclear testing

Not a significant problem.

a declining superpower facing potential rivals

Ok, that one could be a real problem, depending on who's in power.

...the list goes on! The next few decades will be insane. Society as we know it will most likely be gone. Nations will cease to exist. War, famine, and death are what we have in store. And most are blind, oblivious, or unwilling to see it.

That's a total exaggeration.

I agree that a single problem on its own wouldn't end civilization, but all of them in a combination have the potential.

There's also the simple fact that our civilization is unsustainable as it is, and shows no sign of making more than cosmetic changes. We are destined for one hell of a crash. Interesting times are a'comin'.

#82 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:49 AM

I agree that a single problem on its own wouldn't end civilization, but all of them in a combination have the potential.

There's also the simple fact that our civilization is unsustainable as it is, and shows no sign of making more than cosmetic changes. We are destined for one hell of a crash. Interesting times are a'comin'.

Potential != guaranteed disaster.

Unsustainable, but all things are unsustainable. Gotta keep moving forward.
There are new sources of energy just over the horizon.

I fail to see the need for panic. The sky is not falling.

#83 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:52 AM

Aging is falling. We already know how to make very long lived animals, by chosen mutations or genetic selection. Those tricks are being analyzed and a fraction of them will soon (the question is when) be applied to humans

#84 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:29 AM

You are very pessimistic ..
If everyone sees the future like you, there will be no hope for humankind.
You can better see the future positively and try to make the world a better place to to live.

#85 LET ME GET EM!

• 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:26 PM

Aging is.

As summerized from the late FRW:

Aging is the process of deterioration and there is nothing in the nature of life, especially human life that dictates that a living system has to age and perish.

He goes on to speak of how conscious entities have the ability to triumph nature and it's limited lifespan processes by advancing the self with a more rational lifestyle and action that benefits the individual entity.

So, in a sense. Living life to the fullest and enjoying the feelings that life has to offer oneself while not wasting a thought on irrationalities, criminalities and other time consuming actions that alter reality IS the essense of a prosperous fully integrated human. Furthermore, production and at the same time applying productive focus to advance oneself mentally, physically, emotionally, financially and sexually DOES began the foundation of a self-fufilling journey.

#86 Grimm

• 92 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:55 AM

You can better see the future positively and try to make the world a better place to to live.

I'm not being pessimistic. I'm being optimistic. You see, I'm a man in the wrong time. My mind and soul belong to the past. Nothing about the future excites me. In fact, it fills me with disgust thinking about the future. Only the past calls to me, and seems right to my mind. I see mankinds second chance to live as we were meant to coming.

#87 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:02 PM

I'm not being pessimistic. I'm being optimistic. You see, I'm a man in the wrong time. My mind and soul belong to the past. Nothing about the future excites me. In fact, it fills me with disgust thinking about the future. Only the past calls to me, and seems right to my mind. I see mankinds second chance to live as we were meant to coming.

Why don't you go to the jungle, join an indian tribe, and stop bothering us with your ventings on the world then?

#88 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:38 PM

why does the future fills you with disgust?

I see in the future a lot of possibilities to make this world a better place to live in... I think I was born to early. I wish that I was born 100 years later :|o

....and aging sucks..

Edited by JediMasterLucia, 06 June 2009 - 07:43 PM.

#89 DeadMeat

• 151 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:38 PM

Aging is … what got me out of the embryo stage but just doesn't know when to quit.

Aging is … the steady increase of candles on a birthday cake with some rather annoying side effects as deterioration and death.

Aging is … a blessing … for the cosmetic industry.

#90 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:25 PM

Aging is … what got me out of the embryo stage but just doesn't know when to quit.

Aging is … the steady increase of candles on a birthday cake with some rather annoying side effects as deterioration and death.

Aging is … a blessing … for the cosmetic industry.

Nice ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users