• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * - - 9 votes

The Biggest Issues In The Presidential Election

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:49 PM

Haha. I'm loving this thread.

At around 830EDT you guys are going to s**t yourselves.

You can claim "liberal media bias" all you want, but polls have a vested interest (their reputations) in getting it right. And the numbers look absolutely terrible for McCain. So what you're hoping with all of your heart is that every major political poll in the country (even the outliers that have McCain close) has gotten this election dreadfully wrong. Possible? Sure...

#32 RighteousReason

• Topic Starter
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:56 PM

YOU! Damn you...

Haha. I'm loving this thread.

At around 830EDT you guys are going to s**t yourselves.

You can claim "liberal media bias" all you want, but polls have a vested interest (their reputations) in getting it right. And the numbers look absolutely terrible for McCain. So what you're hoping with all of your heart is that every major political poll in the country (even the outliers that have McCain close) has gotten this election dreadfully wrong. Possible? Sure...

Hey, I'm entirely expecting an Obama win.

I think McCain winning would be a disaster. I think Obama winning could be seriously catastrophic...

#33 RighteousReason

• Topic Starter
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:58 PM

The Republicans

One thing for sure - the Republicans deserve exactly what is happening to them in this election. It's just too bad the rest of the country has to suffer the lion's share of the punishment the Republicans so richly deserve. In 1994 the voters were fed up with Clinton and the Republicans swept to control of both houses of congress, largely on the strength of Newt's Contract with America. Do you remember some of the promises? One that sticks in my mind is their promise to dismantle the Department of Education. Republicans *in 1994* recognized that the quality of American education had been going steadily downhill since this government behemoth was formed. Well, that was then - this is now. The size of the Education Department, as well as the cost, has doubled. Republicans did this, not Democrats.

As a matter of fact, it's not just the Department of Education; it's our entire federal government. Spending has doubled. Size has doubled. All under the Republican watch inside the beltway. Pork barrel spending is completely out of control, and Republicans are behind the wheel. Education and pork spending aside, we have the Medicare prescription benefit, McCain-Feingold, Sarbanes-Oxley, a tepid response to Kelo vs. New London - all elements of a well-deserved Republican drubbing.

Well, he got that part right.

The very next sentence: The problem here is that the cure, that being Barack Obama, might well be much worse of than the disease.

I still simply cannot comprehend how you guys can agree with all of that, and then somehow just blindly ignore the conclusion.

If doubling the size of government, doubling government spending, pork barrel spending out of control, and so on are all the core of the so-called "failed Bush economic policies", what makes you guys think that Barack Obama is going to somehow be the cure to these problems when he has proposed a trillion dollars in new spending, including taxes for the purposes of wealth redistribution- a whole new form of increasing the size, spending, and pork of government on TOP of everything else.

It seems to me that Obama is taking the "failed Bush economic policies" over the top to a whole new extreme!

I have asked about this repeatedly and yet nobody has been able to give me a reasonable, direct response.

I guess I'll bring this up again. Not that logic or consequences matter to an Obama voter.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 RighteousReason

• Topic Starter
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:02 PM

You can claim "liberal media bias" all you want, but polls have a vested interest (their reputations) in getting it right.

Cause and effect

#35 RighteousReason

• Topic Starter
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:51 PM

Man, I had to stand in line for an hour for that toilet, and they only gave me a little sticker to wipe with when I was done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users