• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * - - 23 votes

I have yet to see somebody who looks as young as they claim...

skin hollywood

• Please log in to reply
2475 replies to this topic

#511 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:55 AM

Latest video of ralph macchio! he really looks YOUNG! for being 48 years old! amazing~

Edited by Matt, 11 November 2009 - 05:12 AM.

#512 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:01 AM

Ralph at 31 years of age... must be genetics :|?

Attached Files

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#513 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:19 AM

Ralph at 31 years of age... must be genetics :|?

In the last video he said he tries to maintain his babyface (I wonder how). So who knows.

#514 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:42 AM

Well hes quite lean... maybe he just has a good diet ? He's never told anyone... =/

#515 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:52 AM

Well hes quite lean... maybe he just has a good diet ? He's never told anyone... =/

Maybe it has something to do with catching flies with chopstick.

#516 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:08 AM

Ok, Storm Tallifero again. About 63yo (I guess) at this vid:

The condition of his skin is amazing, to say the least..

Edited by VidX, 16 November 2009 - 04:09 AM.

#517 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:07 AM

Ok, Storm Tallifero again. About 63yo (I guess) at this vid:

The condition of his skin is amazing, to say the least..

Well, it helps to have built-in sunscreen. Richard Pryor once said "Ain't nothin' uglier than an old white woman!"

#518 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:28 AM

Imho it's a lot more happening at this case.

#519 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:56 PM

71 years old, has been on raw food since she was 30.

Edit; actually its unclear to me when she went to raw food, but shes been vegetarian since that age. I'll ask her

Edited by Matt, 29 November 2009 - 02:56 PM.

#520 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:33 PM

Edit; actually its unclear to me when she went to raw food, but shes been vegetarian since that age. I'll ask her

Yet more evidence that raw food vegetarianism works.

She could pass for 45 at some angles.

Posted Image

Edited by TheFountain, 29 November 2009 - 03:33 PM.

#521 william7

• 1,777 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:47 PM

I love the vegan diet idea and I'm sure she looks and feels better as a result, but I would've felt a lot better about it if she had said I don't dye my hair and I don't use any makeup. You would think those questions would've come up.

#522 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:02 PM

Yes, because selected pictures of random folks can prove anything. Like for instance smoking makes you live to 122. Sigh.

Edited by kismet, 29 November 2009 - 04:03 PM.

#523 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:18 PM

WOW....she's damn young looking for 70. Screw the vegetarian part...I'd like to know her skin care regimine, supplements, ect.

#524 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:04 PM

Yes, because selected pictures of random folks can prove anything. Like for instance smoking makes you live to 122. Sigh.

What 'random folks'? These are people with specific life styles on specific diets. Interviewed on television, having their own youtube channels and not being secretive about their dietary choices. Hardly random.
  • Agree x 1

#525 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:06 PM

WOW....she's damn young looking for 70. Screw the vegetarian part...I'd like to know her skin care regimine, supplements, ect.

No do not 'screw the vegetarian part'. Pay close attention to it and respect it. Specifically the 'raw food vegetarian' part. That or show me somebody that old on a paleo diet who looks anywhere near as good. So far I and other's have shown several raw food vegetarians who look way younger than their ages. You have shown not a single paleo dieter who looks young for their age.

Edited by TheFountain, 29 November 2009 - 06:09 PM.

• Agree x 1

#526 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:09 PM

I don't believe she avoids the sun like some here, she doesn't use anything on her face, wears very little makeup... shes done well. I will do better ;-) I think lol.

I've been vegetarian since 2007 and its easy, and i think its good.

Yeah i am friends with quite a few people on raw food who are vegetarians and they look quite young for their age. Not all of them, some go in the sun A LOT... but most look very good

Edited by Matt, 29 November 2009 - 06:10 PM.

#527 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:16 PM

No do not 'screw the vegetarian part'. Pay close attention to it and respect it. Specifically the 'raw food vegetarian' part. That or show me somebody that old on a paleo diet who looks anywhere near as good. So far I and other's have shown several raw food vegetarians who look way younger than their ages. You have shown not a single paleo dieter who looks young for their age.

Again...screw the vegetarian part. Plenty of them look like hell.

Edited by immortali457, 29 November 2009 - 06:17 PM.

#528 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:39 PM

Again...screw the vegetarian part. Plenty of them look like hell.

No, they don't. You are just making that up because you're associating junk foodetarians with this kind of vegetarian diet. Now go do your work and show me some oldish paleo dieters who look young for their ages. So far I have not seen one and you have seen several from the other side. The score cards are not marked in your favor.
  • like x 1

#529 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:46 PM

I don't believe she avoids the sun like some here, she doesn't use anything on her face, wears very little makeup... shes done well. I will do better ;-) I think lol.

Yeah i am friends with quite a few people on raw food who are vegetarians and they look quite young for their age. Not all of them, some go in the sun A LOT... but most look very good

Shame that by the time you get there they will already offer you some nano/bio-cream to make you look like that anyway, even though you might eat 10 burgers a day :D

#530 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:15 PM

How do you know about her sun habits, product usage, makeup????

#531 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:20 AM

Mind = blown again.

#532 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:53 AM

No, they don't. You are just making that up because you're associating junk foodetarians with this kind of vegetarian diet. Now go do your work and show me some oldish paleo dieters who look young for their ages. So far I have not seen one and you have seen several from the other side. The score cards are not marked in your favor.

I'm not entirely convinced that a paleo diet will lead to a youthful appearance (and perhaps raw food vegetarianism leads to a youthful look at a cost), but still, there are a hell of a lot more long-term vegetarians in the civilized world than there are long-term paleo dieters. It's a new thing. Where are the people who have been on paleo diets for 30 years? They aren't.

#533 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:56 PM

I wouldn't separate the "looks" from overall condition of cellular health in a whole body, esp. as we aren't talking about plastic surgery or an extensive SKIN care regimen in this context.

Edited by VidX, 30 November 2009 - 12:57 PM.

#534 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:33 PM

I should pot photos of my 85 years old grandma and her 60 something years old daughter when they come back from holland :D
They don't avoid the sun, they eat sweets (:D a lot!) and everything. Each of them is mistaken to be at least 20 years younger ^^

I seen a lot of vegetarians, most of them look normal to their age.
I seen people who eat really healthy, but eat meat or fish too (sometimes just fish), and look great!

I don't think meat or raw'ish is the key, I think it's just eating really healthy (which is not the case for my grandmother and her daughter).

My cousin (mom's sister's daughter, or that same daughter of grandmother I was saying :D) is about 30 years old and people still think she is 20, sometimes even asked for id to make sure she is old enough to drink alcohol.
She is a bad example when it comes to habbits though, and might catch up to her sometime (hopefully not, hopefully she will stop the bad habbits though), she smokes, she eats a lot, drinks a lot of alcohol and she probably eats more sweets than I do!

#535 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:26 PM

Can people stop saying 'vegetarians' as if there is any connection at all between people who eat pizza, pasta and garbage junk food and call themselves vegetarians and raw food vegetarians. It is a disgustingly deceptive way of approaching the issue. Any RAW FOOD vegetarians we have seen have all looked very good and/or considerably young for their respective ages. Period. You can't say anything against the visual evidence. Now again, show some paleo dieters who look way younger than their ages and then you can get at least one point. But so far you are losing. And I am quite certain that the 'vegetarians' who look bad for their ages are in fact junk foodetarians. Not health nut raw foodists like these people. Vegetarian means to eat mostly plant based food, not mostly processed junk food like many so called vegetarians do.

Edited by TheFountain, 30 November 2009 - 04:34 PM.

• Agree x 1

#536 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:31 PM

<br />

<br /><br />I'm not entirely convinced that a paleo diet will lead to a youthful appearance (and perhaps raw food vegetarianism leads to a youthful look at a cost), but still, there are a hell of a lot more long-term vegetarians in the civilized world than there are long-term paleo dieters. It's a new thing. Where are the people who have been on paleo diets for 30 years? They aren't.<br />

What 'cost'? Please stop talking unsubstantiated crap. Raw food diets are the healthiest diets available both on the cellular level and in terms of enzyme and bodily metabolism. The visual evidence speaks for itself. Yes, looks matter. Stop saying they don't or that they don't point to healthy diets when we all know they do. We are talking about people who, without plastic surgery, without extensive skin care regimens, look way younger than their chronological ages and who have been eating raw food diets for decades. Coincidence? If you actually think so I feel sorry for your ignorant mind.

Edited by TheFountain, 30 November 2009 - 04:32 PM.

#537 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:36 PM

<br />

I don't believe she avoids the sun like some here, she doesn't use anything on her face, wears very little makeup... shes done well. I will do better ;-) I think lol.<br /><br />I've been vegetarian since 2007 and its easy, and i think its good.<br /><br />Yeah i am friends with quite a few people on raw food who are vegetarians and they look quite young for their age. Not all of them, some go in the sun A LOT... but most look very good

<br /><br />How do you know about her sun habits, product usage, makeup????<br />

hmm why do you ALWAYS assume that it MUST be a skin care regimen and not the diet contributing to the youthful appearance when you don't even know if there IS a skincare regimen involved?

Edited by TheFountain, 30 November 2009 - 04:38 PM.

#538 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:37 PM

TheFountain - why are you so upset?

#539 Skötkonung

• 1,556 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:54 PM

If the diet does in fact preserve a young appearance, I wonder if it is the lack of meat products or the abnormally high levels of fresh fruits and vegetables that causes this effect?

TheFountain, I'm sure you know that "paleo diet" can mean a lot of different things in terms of composition, as long as it restricts foods that were unavailable during the paleolithic. A raw, vegan diet could in fact be paleo to the extent that it might prohibit many foods found in the neolithic or later.

We know that glycoxidant stress is concurrent with aging and that regular omnivores have lower circulating glycotoxins than vegetarians. If this is related to a nutritional deficiency inherent in the vegetarian lifestyle, then it is still relevant to raw vegans and health conscious vegetarians (such as the lady listed above). If it is due solely to the amount of processed carbohydrates and oxidized PUFAs in the "junkfoodtarian"(as you like to call them!) diet, then it isn't particularly relevant.

Regardless of which diet can produce the lowest circulating glycotoxins, it does appear that a mostly-raw vegetarian lifestyle is a safe way to achieve longevity. At worst, it won't hurt you,at best it might significantly extend your healthspan. But that doesn't mean that meat is without merit and it would disadvantageous to disregard its potential glycation inhibiting processes until science elucidates the correct nutritional approach. While the people listed in this thread are important living proof that a raw vegan diet does work, they are also not proof that it is the only way to achieve this effect. It only indicates one possible avenue.

That said, I have been reducing my meat consumption and increasing my plant food intake. I eat meat when I feel I need it, but I don't make a priority out of it. I don't have any plans to remove meat in the near future.

#540 Skötkonung

• 1,556 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:55 PM

TheFountain - why are you so upset?

Always the peacemaker :-D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skin, hollywood

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users