• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * - - 23 votes

I have yet to see somebody who looks as young as they claim...

skin hollywood

• Please log in to reply
2475 replies to this topic

#1681 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:28 PM

I guess my point is that this thread is over-analytical to the point where you could point out how anyone of any age may look older than their age (within reason).

Of course, this is somewhat of an exaggeration but it stands clear nonetheless in relation to the content of this thread and how it has evolved.

Here's my logic.

SOCIAL VALIDATION.

If a man who is really 40 years old looks, let us say, 22, where would the social validation come from? Females within the 20-25 year old age range, right?

Why would said man care if people his own age pointed out all the arcane (spoof) reasons why he really looked 40 when all these hot young women, or teenage girls, wanted to sleep with him? They are his social validation, not the people in his own age group, whom tend to be stale and closed minded (or as some would say, 'set in their ways') by the time they reach that age.

To state it further, what is the culmination of being the one person who disagrees with the masses that (say jared leto for example) the man does not look 'younger than his years' but in fact looks his age?

Is there really some satisfaction gained in this? He is still getting pussy that you're not from a handful of females young enough to be his daughter (not referring specifically to jared leto, but to any good looking 40 year old who looks much younger than his age).

There is, in short, nothing world changing about being the one person who says 'X=Y=Z=Jared leto (or whoever) doesn't really look younger than his age, that's just folly! Especially when 15 year old girls want to fuck him and any other good looking guy who, to their eyes, looks much younger than their age.

If I over-analyze anyones face I could summon 100 reasons why they look 10 years older than their age.

Seriously, take a breath, think about this. Is this really worth your time and effort?

Edited by TheFountain, 23 April 2011 - 02:31 PM.

#1682 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:18 PM

Yes, there's definitely a pontification of Jared Leto here. Posted Image

But hey, TheFountain, thanks for the word man.

Posted Image

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1683 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:40 PM

During this easter I realized that my grandmother, who's close to 80 (78 or 79) basically has no gray hair. A few almost unnoticeable strands (if you'd look closely you could find, but otherwise you wouldn't notice) of hair show a lil graying, but the rest of her hair is very very similar to when she was young, just a lil lighter (light brown). Pure genetic thing I'd say..

I'll actually upload a picture that has been taken like a month ago (I've always felt that pics are kind of a personal thing, and putting on-line someones pic without a permission is somewhat a threat of a privacy, so I censored it lol. Pls. don't quote the pic if I'll decide to take it down later.):

Posted Image

Edited by VidX, 26 April 2011 - 11:46 PM.

#1684 numbered

• Guest, F@H
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:06 PM

During this easter I realized that my grandmother, who's close to 80 (78 or 79) basically has no gray hair. A few almost unnoticeable strands (if you'd look closely you could find, but otherwise you wouldn't notice) of hair show a lil graying, but the rest of her hair is very very similar to when she was young, just a lil lighter (light brown). Pure genetic thing I'd say..

I'll actually upload a picture that has been taken like a month ago (I've always felt that pics are kind of a personal thing, and putting on-line someones pic without a permission is somewhat a threat of a privacy, so I censored it lol. Pls. don't quote the pic if I'll decide to take it down later.):

Thats quite interesting! The grandfather of a friend recently died. He was 85 or so . He Had kidney failure and cancer . He had a full head of hair and very little gray . Actually it was so little that you could not detect it in photos but only from up close. Gray hair or hairloss does not necessarily mean aging me thinks.

#1685 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:25 PM

Gray hair or hairloss does not necessarily mean aging me thinks.

Exactly.

#1686 e Volution

• 937 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

Bodybuilding ftw

91 years old
Posted Image

#1687 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:15 PM

^^

Ewww, gross.

#1688 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:46 PM

That is actually great ^^ To even be able bodybuild at that age.

#1689 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

Here's my logic.

SOCIAL VALIDATION.

If a man who is really 40 years old looks, let us say, 22, where would the social validation come from? Females within the 20-25 year old age range, right?

Why would said man care if people his own age pointed out all the arcane (spoof) reasons why he really looked 40 when all these hot young women, or teenage girls, wanted to sleep with him? They are his social validation, not the people in his own age group, whom tend to be stale and closed minded (or as some would say, 'set in their ways') by the time they reach that age.

To state it further, what is the culmination of being the one person who disagrees with the masses that (say jared leto for example) the man does not look 'younger than his years' but in fact looks his age?

Is there really some satisfaction gained in this? He is still getting pussy that you're not from a handful of females young enough to be his daughter (not referring specifically to jared leto, but to any good looking 40 year old who looks much younger than his age).

There is, in short, nothing world changing about being the one person who says 'X=Y=Z=Jared leto (or whoever) doesn't really look younger than his age, that's just folly! Especially when 15 year old girls want to fuck him and any other good looking guy who, to their eyes, looks much younger than their age.

If I over-analyze anyones face I could summon 100 reasons why they look 10 years older than their age.

Seriously, take a breath, think about this. Is this really worth your time and effort?

I think you are conflating good looks with looking young (the topic of this thread). And are further confounding the analysis by using a famous rock star to make your argument.
Even if George Clooney was not super rich and famous he could probably date women in their mid twenties, simply because he is extraordinarily attractive, not because he looks significantly younger than his 48 years. As far as Leto is concerned, yes he looks a lot younger that his 38? years, but he is also a very good looking guy. But imo even his good looks are overshadowed by the fact that he a famous rock star. I am as far from your archetype 18 year female as anyone on this board, but I think I can fairly summarize their thought process in evaluating men:
A. famous rock star/pro athlete/ actor
B. Good looking
C. Youthful looking
D. Personality
E. Rich
F. Intelligent

The contrast to your argument is that the world is full of 18-25 years old guys that can't get a date with a 18-25 year old woman simply because they are just not that attractive, that doesn't mean they look older than Jared Leto or George Clooney.

...and your the only one that seems to be having a huge issue about this, I don't appreciate your attempts at condesention by suggesting we take a breath or stop having a migrane.

Edited by JohnD60, 02 May 2011 - 08:10 PM.

• like x 2

#1690 Link

• 120 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:14 PM

deleted

Edited by Link, 02 May 2011 - 11:34 PM.

#1691 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:18 AM

Here's my logic.

SOCIAL VALIDATION.

I think you are conflating good looks with looking young (the topic of this thread). And are further confounding the analysis by using a famous rock star to make your argument.
Even if George Clooney was not super rich and famous he could probably date women in their mid twenties, simply because he is extraordinarily attractive, not because he looks significantly younger than his 48 years. As far as Leto is concerned, yes he looks a lot younger that his 38? years, but he is also a very good looking guy. But imo even his good looks are overshadowed by the fact that he a famous rock star. I am as far from your archetype 18 year female as anyone on this board, but I think I can fairly summarize their thought process in evaluating men:
B. Good looking
C. Youthful looking
D. Personality
E. Rich
F. Intelligent

The contrast to your argument is that the world is full of 18-25 years old guys that can't get a date with a 18-25 year old woman simply because they are just not that attractive, that doesn't mean they look older than Jared Leto or George Clooney.

...and your the only one that seems to be having a huge issue about this, I don't appreciate your attempts at condesention by suggesting we take a breath or stop having a migrane.

What I say is absolutely true. There is a snobbery that entails being 'able to guess age'. All this abstract analysis of 'jaw lines' and other such non-sense notwithstanding.

Jared leto and george clooney attract two different subsets of the female population. And I reckon the same would be true if they were not famous, although to a much lesser degree.

While *some* of the females george clooney attracts are in fact young, the majority of the females jared leto seems to attract are actually teenagers and women in their lower 20s.

I am not saying george clooney attracts absolutely no teenage girls, but I hardly believe he attracts 1/100th as many as jared leto does. Because he looks his age. And there is apparently a stigma in western society regarding 'pedophilia' (which is actually a misnomer but that's another conversation entirely).

This isn't worth an argument. I just wish people would get over it and stop pretending to be part of the bourgeoisie of age guessing. You're not part of some elite. Majority rules in this instance. Sorry.

Let's spend our time more productively.

Edited by TheFountain, 10 May 2011 - 01:20 AM.

#1692 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:38 AM

With no disrespect intended, anyone who doesnt admit that Jared Leto looks way younger than his 39 years almost certainly has motivations other than the accurate estimation of age:
Spite? Maybe. Jealousy,? Unlikely but possible. Desire to seem informed or perceptive? Possible. Going against the grain? Most likely choice: I know too many people who adopt unpopular viewpoints or profess like for obscure stuff not because they genuinely believe or enjoy (which is perfectly fine) but want to seem cultured or intellectual or something like that.
Just look at this guy. He looks unreal for his age.
It's really remarkable. People should be asking him to divulge his secret, not trying to say that he looks older than 25.
And, nothing against Andy Milonakis, but once you look under 25, it doesnt really matter if you look 23 or 15, you are in the young club, so Id trade looking 7 years older (25 as opposed to 18) for 10x more beauty, cause Jared Leto is what I would call very nearly beautiful and Andy Milonakis is what my BFF would call babe-repellent.
Peace out.

Edited by Brafarality, 10 May 2011 - 03:42 AM.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#1693 Dmitri

• 841 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:16 PM

Here's my logic.

SOCIAL VALIDATION.

B. Good looking
C. Youthful looking
D. Personality
E. Rich
F. Intelligent

I must need glasses because Clooney looks exactly his age to me, not much younger like you claimed. Other than that, I agree with the rest of your argument; although wouldn't personality, intelligence and money be higher on woman's list than physical appearance? Perhaps your view is biased considering you are on a website that supports life and youth extension?

#1694 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:47 AM

Here's my logic.

SOCIAL VALIDATION.

B. Good looking
C. Youthful looking
D. Personality
E. Rich
F. Intelligent

I must need glasses because Clooney looks exactly his age to me, not much younger like you claimed. Other than that, I agree with the rest of your argument; although wouldn't personality, intelligence and money be higher on woman's list than physical appearance? Perhaps your view is biased considering you are on a website that supports life and youth extension?

Read it again. She did not say Clooney looks much younger than his age.

#1695 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:12 AM

In a recent interview, Jennifer Lopez said her "secret" to looking young is to sleep long hours, avoid the sun, eat healthy which I think in her case is lots of refried black beans. Posted Image

#1696 Sillewater

• 1,076 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:31 AM

http://video.pbs.org/video/1907176086

Here is Warrent Buffett at 80. Drinks Coke and eats burgers. Mind is still sharp.

#1697 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:13 AM

http://video.pbs.org/video/1907176086

Here is Warrent Buffett at 80. Drinks Coke and eats burgers. Mind is still sharp.

He also loves steak, ice cream and diet coke.

#1698 Sillewater

• 1,076 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:23 AM

I've been a big fan of Buffett for a while and I was always under the impression he drank normal Cherry Coke, see video here (time= 5:34): http://www.youtube.c...tailpage#t=392s

It doesn't look diet to me, and none of his biographies said diet. Where did you get that he drinks diet?

He also doesn't eat very healthily: http://nymag.com/dai...brain_food.html

But he is an exception of course, he has a spectacular mind.

Edited by Sillewater, 18 May 2011 - 03:24 AM.

#1699 Alec

• 88 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:11 PM

Okay I admit I may have been a little off with Nick Burns. :-D Here are two better examples:

Jsu Garcia (47)

Mario Lopez (37)

#1700 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:18 AM

New pic of R.Robinson. 65yo.:

Posted Image

#1701 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:37 PM

Son of a gun.

#1702 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:15 PM

Ok guys... my jaw dropped when I saw this one. I'd go as far as to say that she may steal the "sandow" from J.Leto, when it comes to looking young "for your age".

Cristie Brinkley, 57 years "old" currently (and three kids too):

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No, really.. it's ridiculous.. I'd take her out on a bilnk of an eye lol

Here's a hi-res pic of her face at 53yo:

Posted Image

Edited by VidX, 25 May 2011 - 01:28 PM.

#1703 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:01 PM

perhaps starving herself + visits Dr. Bernstein a lot in Beverly Hills.
  • dislike x 1

#1704 InquilineKea

• 774 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:14 AM

Does anyone else think that this generation is looking younger and younger for its age as compared to previous generations? Obviously, there are HUGE biases here - late teens 50 years ago were already expected to marry soon, which meant that they often dressed more maturely, and had more mature hairstyles. Furthermore, their clothes make them look older (to us) than the clothes people this generation wear today.

But it could be possible, with people staying indoors more and more often. Maybe diets are worse now, but diets in the 1950s weren't particularly healthy either.

==
Also, why are there no Asian faces in here? I'd expect more of them for how young so many of them look. Or is it just that they look really young when they're under 35, and the effect disappears after 35?

==

Anyways... I'm a kid who hopes to outdo Matt on what he does. :p I guess being Asian helps with that. The only problem with being Asian is that Asian parents like to serve rice. And I try to find all sorts of ways to blunt its glycemic impact - but I'm scared that it already did its damage (that being said, I've been mostly free of rice for the last 2 years, but will have to move back home soon, and am freaked out because my parents are going to force me to eat rice again, and I'm going to have to find new creative ways to dispose of it). Anyways though - I'm a vegetarian on calorie restriction (or so I think).

Lol, I'm probably soon going to become a grad student who hangs out with HS students. :p For some reason, it's just so hard to socialize with most college students, so I just find new people (fresh out of College Confidential's "High School Life" - http://talk.collegec...gh-school-life/) to hang out with. My personality is like that of a 14 year old (and hell, I even like to act "troll"ish and post all sorts of crazy socially awkward ideas just to continue feeling youthful. But teens are more fun to hang out with than with adults anyways. Unless the adults are able to tolerate the most horrifying breaches of social norms).

==

Also, does anyone know when your voice begins to change? My voice has been pretty constant for the last 7 years or so, and I'm freaked out that it might change. =/

Edited by InquilineKea, 27 May 2011 - 05:33 AM.

#1705 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:39 AM

Does anyone else think that this generation is looking younger and younger for its age as compared to previous generations? Obviously, there are HUGE biases here - late teens 50 years ago were already expected to marry soon, which meant that they often dressed more maturely, and had more mature hairstyles. Furthermore, their clothes make them look older (to us) than the clothes people this generation wear today.

But it could be possible, with people staying indoors more and more often. Maybe diets are worse now, but diets in the 1950s weren't particularly healthy either.

==
Also, why are there no Asian faces in here? I'd expect more of them for how young so many of them look. Or is it just that they look really young when they're under 35, and the effect disappears after 35?

==

Anyways... I'm a kid who hopes to outdo Matt on what he does. :p I guess being Asian helps with that. The only problem with being Asian is that Asian parents like to serve rice. And I try to find all sorts of ways to blunt its glycemic impact - but I'm scared that it already did its damage (that being said, I've been mostly free of rice for the last 2 years, but will have to move back home soon, and am freaked out because my parents are going to force me to eat rice again, and I'm going to have to find new creative ways to dispose of it). Anyways though - I'm a vegetarian on calorie restriction (or so I think).

Lol, I'm probably soon going to become a grad student who hangs out with HS students. :p For some reason, it's just so hard to socialize with most college students, so I just find new people (fresh out of College Confidential's "High School Life" - http://talk.collegec...gh-school-life/) to hang out with. My personality is like that of a 14 year old (and hell, I even like to act "troll"ish and post all sorts of crazy socially awkward ideas just to continue feeling youthful. But teens are more fun to hang out with than with adults anyways. Unless the adults are able to tolerate the most horrifying breaches of social norms).

==

Also, does anyone know when your voice begins to change? My voice has been pretty constant for the last 7 years or so, and I'm freaked out that it might change. =/

you, me, matt. who else in they're 20s here doing CR?

#1706 InquilineKea

• 774 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:41 AM

Well, I started getting obsessed with CR when I was 13, lol. At 13, I started purging ALL obviously unhealthy food from my diet (of course, I didn't know that rice was one such food at that time).

Here's a picture of me taken around 6 months ago: http://a5.sphotos.ak...7_2625853_n.jpg

Haven't taken any recent pictures since college is so stressful, but everything will be done in several weeks.

That being said, I've used amphetamines and modafinil to pull NUMEROUS all-nighters (probably at least 20-30 of them per year over 3 years). That being said, adderall/ritalin are not necessarily pro-aging, since they're also appetite suppressants.

obviously, once i'm in grad school, i'll probably mostly hang out with undergrads who seem young. If i get into academia, i can always hang out with young people. But immaturity might keep me from getting in (it's actually not necessarily intentional immaturity either - it's just that I'm happier when I don't suppress it). i actually have ADD and am quite excitable, so that makes me act like a child. and the university environment is probably the only environment that could tolerate it.

==

also i love having people guess my age. their answers vary depending on context (my university has a lot of asians, so they tend to guess university-age-specific answers when i'm in university). But outside of university, everyone seems to think i'm a mid-teen. i'm just scared of when this will no longer happen.

==

Okay, and here are some voice recordings of me: (what are your thoughts on these?)

http://dl.dropbox.co...XX/VN620136.WMA
http://dl.dropbox.co...XX/VN620176.WMA
http://dl.dropbox.co...XX/VN620202.WMA

==

still though, i'm afraid that the vast majority of it is genetic. cuz my brother also looks abnormally young for his age too (although I'm 15 lbs lighter than him). just like matt and his sister. but maybe in 20 years - maybe!

Edited by InquilineKea, 27 May 2011 - 06:02 AM.

#1707 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:49 PM

how old are you?

before you tell me, i do think you look mid-teen.

jesus...

#1708 Skötkonung

• 1,556 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:14 PM

how old are you?

before you tell me, i do think you look mid-teen.

jesus...

When are you going to post pictures of yourself? Do you have any before / after CR shots?

#1709 InquilineKea

• 774 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:50 AM

I have some shots of myself over the years. I'll put them somewhere on a website once school is over.

I don't disclose my age in public anymore, but I can PM it to you. Just please don't make references to my age range - I generally call myself late-teen. Thanks. :)

#1710 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:51 AM

Wow, your school have Macs.

When I was in school, we used Windows 95, on computers/monitors the size of a fridge, with a browser called Netscape, and there was no Google yet.

Altavista FTW!

Edited by Forever21, 28 May 2011 - 07:57 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skin, hollywood

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users