Extremely youthful 72-year old swedish woman

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:09 PM

http://www.aftonblad...ticle4209703.ab

This woman is 72 years old, looks 50 and makes 55 push-ups...

I am amazed.

#2 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:17 AM

What was she saying?

What's her diet, lifestyle, look like?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:19 AM

Woah, that has seriously shocked me. No way she is 72.

She does very good dips. She's 72 and she is much, much stronger than I am. I'm not on roids, but still, she's 72 and I'm 25.

Edited by Ben - Aus, 21 January 2009 - 03:23 AM.

#4 lucid

• 1,195 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:19 PM

Woah, that has seriously shocked me. No way she is 72.

She does very good dips. She's 72 and she is much, much stronger than I am. I'm not on roids, but still, she's 72 and I'm 25.

She definitely is taking some kinds of hormones including testosterone. But if it can make her look like that @ 72...

#5 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:31 PM

She looks no older than 45, if she did something about her facial wrinkles she could possibly pass for late 30s. Amazing. We need to find out more details about her life, eating habits, supplement regimen. etc.

#6 VictorBjoerk

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

She started exercising aged 46, in her 50's a few years later later she run a marathon at 3 hours 43 minutes,quite a good time. She started going to the gym aged 67 and well the results have been great. She benchpresses 160 pounds which is also good for a 72-year old lady.

#7 VictorBjoerk

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:16 PM

some other pictures of her, it is very hard to understand that she is more than 70 years old, she also squats 260 pounds.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:19 PM

Drugs.

#9 VictorBjoerk

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:25 PM

as for her lifestyle she also lists a typical daily food intake.

Breakfast: A glass of juice mixed with creatine. 2 glasses of water

Lunch:Solid protein mixed with juice and creatine,"Filmjölk"(a swedish fermented milk product) berries, a chicken sandwich with cheese.

Snacks: a fruit, coffee or maybe a sandwich.

Dinner:Chicken with sallad

Evening snack:tea an egg sandwich, maybe some fish, another fruit.

Just before she goes to bed she drinks another protein shake.

#10 VictorBjoerk

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:28 PM

Drugs.

Why do you think so?

#11 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:38 PM

It's the most likely explanation if she's actually squatting 260 and benching 160. If she's doing what I'd consider a squat or bench press, it's hard to believe those numbers in the absence of drugs. While her body isn't unattainable for normal women, that level of arm and trap hypertrophy for a woman that didn't start lifting weights until in her late 60s is quite suspect.

#12 marqueemoon

• 78 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:38 PM

She doesn't look 72, but to me she looks about 60-63 in the video (not so much in the pictures). She doesn't have many wrinkles, but the saggage in her lower face and state of her neck aren't typical for somebody below sixty. My mother is a typical 58-year-old and this woman looks about 5 years older than her. Still, her face looks ten years younger than she is, and her body looks about 20-25 years younger. Man, she has sun damage up the whazoo, though.

Edited by marqueemoon, 26 January 2009 - 08:45 PM.

#13 marqueemoon

• 78 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:46 PM

if she did something about her facial wrinkles she could possibly pass for late 30s.

Sorry, but no, freakin' way.

#14 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,100 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:57 PM

I agree with Shepard. She must be doing roids or something. The other explanation is that she has some unique genetic difference, like no myostatin blocker, or something.

But hey, I am all for people using whatever means possible to stay healthy, feel good, and live life the way they want to. Go for it girl!

I think if she got some cosmetic surgery she might pass for upper 40s, around 50.

#15 Prometheus

• 592 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:32 PM

drugs or not its an extraordinary achievement. and if drugs are responsible, then every 50+ should be on them!

#16 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:45 PM

She looks like she is in her later 50's to me, but yeah could look younger with surgery. She very well may be on hormones or steroids, probably someone that speaks the language would have to research that a bit :)

#17 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:14 PM

I agree with Shepard. She must be doing roids or something. The other explanation is that she has some unique genetic difference, like no myostatin blocker, or something.

But hey, I am all for people using whatever means possible to stay healthy, feel good, and live life the way they want to. Go for it girl!

I think if she got some cosmetic surgery she might pass for upper 40s, around 50.

If I knew steroids could be taken completely safely, I'd be all over it (in moderation -- I have no desire to have a pro bodybuilder's body. I've researched steroids a LOT, but I just do not have a good feeling about their safety, yet. The only reason to take them is to more easily maintain quality muscle mass, plus better/quicker muscle repair.

#18 Shoe

• Guest, F@H
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:49 PM

She looks astonishing for a 72 year old (actually a bit attractive, to be honest). However, I have my doubts about the claimed poundages. I'd say that if she squats 260 lbs, the range of motion of those squats is probably not very long. The same is probably true of the bench press.

#19 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:24 PM

Its not impossible to be in that good of shape, at that age without pharmaceutical help, but it may be unlikely. She is most likely using a combination of HGH and low dose Anavar on a cyclical basis. Compound that with regular time spent in the gym, proper diet and other supplements. Thats what you can look like.

#20 Bodhi

• 11 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:46 AM

She looks like she is in her later 50's to me, but yeah could look younger with surgery. She very well may be on hormones or steroids, probably someone that speaks the language would have to research that a bit :p

My 2 cents.

Steroids are relatively safe, but not very effective. HGH is extremely effective, and makes anabolic steroids a bit more worthwhile, but HGH costs much money.

HGH is anti-aging, anabolic steroids, not so much.

I don't know but I'm sure it is possible to look like that and have that kind of strength without hormones at her age.... but, females are much more sensitive to anabolics, and the guys in the pic, well at least one are obviously using steroids & or HGH & insulin. Insulin and steroids are not really very healthy but they can help you to gain lean muscle mass if you know hoe to use them. HGH works much better in many ways but more subtly for a much higher financial price, but in the net cost/benefit ratio if you want to live a long time HGH would probably be the only one of the three you would want to use, unless you are a make over 40 in which case a weak non aromatizing steroid like primobolan or deca durabolin probably won't hurt you as long as you use them in theraputic doses.....There is no substitute for exercise, exercise alone will work miracles and once you get used to it it's not something that you can't enjoy.....sometimes what appears to be the easiest path is the most difficult when you look back from the end of it...If that makes any sense.

Edited by Bodhi, 08 February 2009 - 12:48 AM.

#21 TianZi

• 519 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:31 PM

She looks like she is in her later 50's to me, but yeah could look younger with surgery. She very well may be on hormones or steroids, probably someone that speaks the language would have to research that a bit ;)

My 2 cents.

Steroids are relatively safe, but not very effective. HGH is extremely effective, and makes anabolic steroids a bit more worthwhile, but HGH costs much money.

HGH is anti-aging, anabolic steroids, not so much.

I don't know but I'm sure it is possible to look like that and have that kind of strength without hormones at her age.... but, females are much more sensitive to anabolics, and the guys in the pic, well at least one are obviously using steroids & or HGH & insulin. Insulin and steroids are not really very healthy but they can help you to gain lean muscle mass if you know hoe to use them. HGH works much better in many ways but more subtly for a much higher financial price, but in the net cost/benefit ratio if you want to live a long time HGH would probably be the only one of the three you would want to use, unless you are a make over 40 in which case a weak non aromatizing steroid like primobolan or deca durabolin probably won't hurt you as long as you use them in theraputic doses.....There is no substitute for exercise, exercise alone will work miracles and once you get used to it it's not something that you can't enjoy.....sometimes what appears to be the easiest path is the most difficult when you look back from the end of it...If that makes any sense.

Which guy do you think is "obviously" steroids / HGH & insulin?

#22 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:49 PM

also think she's on HGH or some kind of roid. the stuff is not safe and not worth the cancer risk.

i'd be more impressed to see her run a marathon (endurance) than squat 260 or do 55 pushups. she looks good, but looks alone can be deceiving and not always representative of fundamental health...

#23 TianZi

• 519 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:28 AM

also think she's on HGH or some kind of roid. the stuff is not safe and not worth the cancer risk.

i'd be more impressed to see her run a marathon (endurance) than squat 260 or do 55 pushups. she looks good, but looks alone can be deceiving and not always representative of fundamental health...

For anyone interested in their long-term health, running marathons regularly is a pretty bad idea. Particularly at age 72.

Further, who do you think is more likely to shatter their hip and shoulder if they slip and fall in the shower? This woman, or the typical 72 year old woman?

Edited by TianZi, 23 March 2009 - 05:48 AM.

#24 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:47 PM

For anyone interested in their long-term health, running marathons regularly is a pretty bad idea. Particularly at age 72.

Further, who do you think is more likely to shatter their hip and shoulder if they slip and fall in the shower? This woman, or the typical 72 year old woman?

who cares if she is protecting her hips/shoulders/bones if she is risking cancer by bulking with a steroid of some kind?

don't get me wrong, she looks great. she also doesn't necessarily have to run a marathon, but a triathlon would be very impressive.

i personally place a high priority on lung function and overall physical capacity which is the best measured by distance running.

the human body was meant to run, not bench press.

#25 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:59 PM

and just fyi

http://www.scienceda...90227080005.htm

#26 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:49 AM

You should do both strength training and aerobics. Nothing new here.

#27 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:13 AM

who cares if she is protecting her hips/shoulders/bones if she is risking cancer by bulking with a steroid of some kind?

Have you been around seniors that can barely move around? Have you seen the rapid decline in health after a hip fracture in a 80+ year-old? How about watching a person consistently trip and fall and always wondering if that's the one that finished him/her off?

#28 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:15 AM

Actually, the human body has evolved to be able to do lots of things: sprint, walk for tremendous distances, throw, carry odd objects, pick things up, drag heavy things, etc.

#29 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:08 AM

She looks astonishing for a 72 year old (actually a bit attractive, to be honest).

Ewwwww....

Actually, the human body has evolved to be able to do lots of things: sprint, walk for tremendous distances, throw, carry odd objects, pick things up, drag heavy things, etc.

True, but I'd also make the qualification that evolved characteristics don't necessarily represent optimal solutions. Preexisting organic design imposes contraints which often result in a local maximum. Human bipedalism and our (obviously inadequate) spine is a good example of this.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:22 AM

True, but I'd also make the qualification that evolved characteristics don't necessarily represent optimal solutions. Preexisting organic design imposes contraints which often result in a local maximum. Human bipedalism and our (obviously inadequate) spine is a good example of this.

Sure, I agree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users