Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

I want to date a Transhumanist

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 abolitionist

• 720 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:53 PM

Here it is, I'm practically begging for an intelligent open minded woman who wants to see a biotechnological revolution to eliminate suffering, death, and human stupidity.

I'm a handsome guy with millions in the bank and multiple sea front properties, not to mention killer social presence and widespread admiration from your peer group 8-P

All your friends and family members will love me and be jealous of you, trust me...

Don't be afraid, I usually bite only on the second date.

#2 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:04 PM

Here's something we could really use, an ImmInst dating forum!
:)

Edited by rwac, 01 March 2009 - 06:10 PM.

#3 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:34 PM

Here's something we could really use, an ImmInst dating forum!
:)

lol this should be like RPG forums in which everyone plays a beautiful handsome character, but behind sits a glassed fat geeky RPG freak ^^.

Edited by Infernity, 02 March 2009 - 01:48 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:50 PM

Have you tried just finding an intelligent open-minded woman? If you didn't push the meme onto her I bet she would pick up quite a bit of it while giving you new perspectives on the matter. If an intelligent open-minded person does not pick up a bit of it and give you new perspective, maybe it is time to revisit your beliefs and give them a good stress test.

#5 Shoe

• Guest, F@H
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:07 PM

Considering that there seems to be no more than maybe five females here at imminst.org, I think your chances of sucess are limited. :)

(In fact, all forums I frequent are filled to the brim with males. Perhaps it's all my fault. Do I smell?)

#6 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:39 PM

O_o
Just date! don't look for someone who is already in for immortality and don't try to convince anyone.

Slowly express your opinions and the other's one might seem to agree with you or disagree with you, but if you focus on this thing you would scare everyone off, not only women!

And you don't have to be a transhumanist to be intelligent and with good personality.

#7 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:55 PM

I agree with the other sentiments being expressed. Just date and try to find someone you are compatible with. I would venture to say that most people (female or otherwise) have not been exposed to transhumanist ideas, and therefore it is more likely that you will find someone who doesn't know about them but might accept them than someone who has already accepted them.

All that being said, if you do find someone, let me know if she has a sister or something. :)

#8 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

Ha, start dating to spread the longevity meme. :)

#9 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:16 AM

Thats some ad
I suggest you record it backwards then put it with a bikini video at youtube

actually thinking about dating is between 50 n 300 pt much fun as actual dating Unless it goes really really well. Thus I urge you to think about dating more while being an effective actual dating person

or, you could try this

Its likely you'd prefer to meet a kind woman of generous spirit with appealing physiology The answer is to give 100 street people $30 digital cameras to photograph their must luscious generous technologically advanced (pda, laptop etc) people that donate; for a multimillionare spending $3000 to screen thousands of women candidly might be worth it Howard Hughes would Jimmy Hoffa likely already had the talent n place

then after your network of street talent has generated a dozen or so likely persons you could have the street people give them little pieces of paper suggesting they be personality models at a speed dating event where everyone is daft punker then them, in a positive way the piece of paper might hint that various awesome people like "see a biotechnological revolution to eliminate suffering, death, and human stupidity.

...millions in the bank and multiple sea front properties, not to mention killer social presence and widespread admiration from your peer group 8-P

All your friends and family members will love me and be jealous of you, trust me..." will be there

tell them you rewired forest gump ala flowers of algernon to say "we all want the same thing everything in the grocery store; we just want to eat it in a different order" then gaze deeply at her viewing apparatus n say thats truer than chocolate If she says, "I'm saving the ammonia for when I upgrade to being a jupiter brain" you might be onto something

or, you could try this

a personals ad with a variety of photos thats says
This photo is not me
yikes maybe you feel like having kids maybe you dont The thing is that you have tremendous gamete choice you could have a kind happy brilliant beautiful socially poised child just from choosing the right donor

lets go on an adventure of finding that gamete donor with me I'm friendly n might stick around but your kids come first I'm rich n all that but I'd truly like to meet a person that wants to optimize the future of what you care about most

my cunning plan is after we meet n screen a few of these people is to publicize these marvelous gametes so others can make use of them as well

or you could

stage a kind gentle everyone wins tournament a daft bodies youtube dance tournament to Harder Better Faster Stronger If they like dancing n their underwear, are of age, n like this song they might be sociable transhuman dating material Some of them are even tipsy

original
one tipsy one sober
only one person seeks partner to dance (verify age first)"I know that I need to do it with two people, but I only have one person! "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSw-OGLINl0 start at 3:27 They are having a viewer contest to see who likes what person better Gotta verify age
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related the Wellesley rugby team; some of them have similar socioeconomic stats Go Lesbians

Or you could

try http://www.meetup.com then get together with an affinity group

Or you could

Be a part of Cheer squad MIT http://web.mit.edu/cheer/

Or you could

make your own daft punk video then casually flash the bizarre ad on as an annotation

Or you could

Promote my new way of making it so that only human females are born on earth, basically you spread antibodies to the developmental gene LIM homeobox gene Lhx9 This is the gene that controls gonad development Mammals are automatically female absent activation of this gene Thus spreading antibodies to this gene across the globe will cause only women to be born Using IVF they will naturally create children more wonderful than current humans Peace may reign or not, anyway it'll get easier n easier to find a technology enthused date

with amusement,

part of your volunteer network of street talent finding a date for my network of street talent that isn't my network of street talent but a secret society trick of some kind, which I turn my back on, but its still fun toi think of ways to meet people on behalf of for.

everybody turn your back on the organization now or not

Our work is never over.

Edited by treonsverdery, 02 March 2009 - 12:39 AM.

#10 abolitionist

• Topic Starter
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:49 AM

It's a horrible thing to have to live a lie with someone you don't really respect to have a relationship.

I really want someone who has the same views and interests so I can actually enjoy being with them outside of sex.

#11 abolitionist

• Topic Starter
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:55 AM

O_o
Just date! don't look for someone who is already in for immortality and don't try to convince anyone.

Slowly express your opinions and the other's one might seem to agree with you or disagree with you, but if you focus on this thing you would scare everyone off, not only women!

And you don't have to be a transhumanist to be intelligent and with good personality.

yes you do, everyone else is fucking stupid and annoying (just being honest)

sheeple who are part of the problem

if you don't look for someone who is already transhumanist or try to convince them, you'll never meet one

most women are scared off by their own shadow - they crave social reinforcement from norms to feel safe

Edited by abolitionist, 02 March 2009 - 01:57 AM.

#12 advancedatheist

• 1,419 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:05 AM

Here it is, I'm practically begging for an intelligent open minded woman who wants to see a biotechnological revolution to eliminate suffering, death, and human stupidity.

Lots of luck finding one. Do you have cryonics arrangements? You might want to read the following:

Is That What Love is? The Hostile Wife Phenomenon in Cryonics

I'm a handsome guy with millions in the bank and multiple sea front properties,

If you really have that kind of bundle, use it to attract women as sexual temp workers, but don't spend too much on them. Especially don't start paying their bills like credit card debts, student loans, rent, etc.

But under no circumstances marry one of them, or else you'll give her the ability to confiscate half of everything you own in a divorce.

#13 valkyrie_ice

• 837 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:13 AM

*giggle* Given you're willing to spend a few of those millions on hormones and high quality plastic surgery, I could be your girlfriend! :) :) :)

#14 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:22 AM

Here it is, I'm practically begging for an intelligent open minded woman

OK, that's your first big blunder right there. If you're really stuck I recommend reading:

Book 1
Book 2

and slightly off topic but certainly excellent AND a good contrast to Book 1:

Book 3

You can get #2 and #3 from a library but I don't think you'll find #1 there.

#15 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:13 AM

yes you do, everyone else is fucking stupid and annoying (just being honest)

sheeple who are part of the problem

if you don't look for someone who is already transhumanist or try to convince them, you'll never meet one

most women are scared off by their own shadow - they crave social reinforcement from norms to feel safe

How close minded of you!
There are many out there who haven't even heard of the ideas which are discussed here daily, it doesn't mean people don't think about them or desire them.
Just because they don't express it doesn't make them stupid, people, men also, try to avoid being out side of the norm or being weird.
Besides, how many of your friends, or random people you would find will take you seriously when you tell them that you want to live forever? it is not because they don't want to, at least not all of them.
It is because they really don't think it is possible.

But people can change and so can opinions, there are many intelligent open minded people out there who do desire immortality but just don't believe it is possible.
And those who been educated to accept death all over their life, it doesn't mean they are not intelligent. it also doesn't mean that they can't be changed, I know of few who changed slowly.

One of my best friends admitted to me one day that she is terrified of death, but as said above, it doesn't *feel* likely for people that things will change suddenly and fast enough.

So they just avoid thinking about it.
Others I know accepted it as something natural, *because they believe they can't change it*. some of them I managed to convince to at least be supportive of their hopes, as small as they may be (or things might never change!). the rest I made more open about it instead of arguing that nature should be left alone, or whatever other reason.

None of them is close minded or lacks some exceptional skills. so instead of looking for someone who is already a transhumanist, who seriously, what is the chance you'll find one around the street?
Just look for someone that makes you happy and is intelligent, funny, pretty or whatever you find attractive in women.
Don't be obsessed about your desires and don't try to push it into them, you have no idea how annoying it is when someone becomes obsessed and repetitive.
It will come with time, you might discover they have the same desires as you do but as said above, they are being depressed.
It might be that they don't, but with kind and understanding, as well as loving someone, opinions can change.

P.S. Don't label us! we are individuals.

Edited by Winterbreeze, 02 March 2009 - 04:21 AM.

#16 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:26 AM

I'm a handsome guy with millions in the bank and multiple sea front properties, not to mention killer social presence

This doesn't exactly add up. How did you acquire such wealth, and how old are you? (If you don't mind me asking...)

I might consider going out with you. I'm an MIT graduate and Lingerie Model. Of course I'm a Transhumanist. I would need you to front me a large sum of cash.

#17 abolitionist

• Topic Starter
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:57 AM

[quote name='Winterbreeze' date='1-Mar 2009, 11:13 PM' post='304416']

How close minded of you!
There are many out there who haven't even heard of the ideas which are discussed here daily, it doesn't mean people don't think about them or desire them.
Just because they don't express it doesn't make them stupid, people, men also, try to avoid being out side of the norm or being weird.
Besides, how many of your friends, or random people you would find will take you seriously when you tell them that you want to live forever? it is not because they don't want to, at least not all of them.
It is because they really don't think it is possible.

AB : no, many will say that they don't want to live forever, that it would be boring or make life meaningless - trust me I've asked. They are simply stupid people who rationalize the human condition.

It's not hard to figure out that we are dying and suffering and that religion doesn't work and that science is needed. They simply do not want to think about it because it makes them feel powerless in the moment.

But people can change and so can opinions, there are many intelligent open minded people out there who do desire immortality but just don't believe it is possible.
And those who been educated to accept death all over their life, it doesn't mean they are not intelligent. it also doesn't mean that they can't be changed, I know of few who changed slowly.

AB : well I'm not going to wait around for them to wake up, who knows how long that could take - I want a woman who is smart enough to figure it out on her own. It's not like it's rocket science.

One of my best friends admitted to me one day that she is terrified of death, but as said above, it doesn't *feel* likely for people that things will change suddenly and fast enough.

So they just avoid thinking about it.
Others I know accepted it as something natural, *because they believe they can't change it*. some of them I managed to convince to at least be supportive of their hopes, as small as they may be (or things might never change!). the rest I made more open about it instead of arguing that nature should be left alone, or whatever other reason.

None of them is close minded or lacks some exceptional skills. so instead of looking for someone who is already a transhumanist, who seriously, what is the chance you'll find one around the street?
Just look for someone that makes you happy and is intelligent, funny, pretty or whatever you find attractive in women.
Don't be obsessed about your desires and don't try to push it into them, you have no idea how annoying it is when someone becomes obsessed and repetitive.
It will come with time, you might discover they have the same desires as you do but as said above, they are being depressed.
It might be that they don't, but with kind and understanding, as well as loving someone, opinions can change.

P.S. Don't label us! we are individuals.

AB : what I find attractive and enjoyable is intelligent women who understand, I really can't stand most women - they are so fucking stupid and unable to think about the truth of human nature. If a woman can't handle the truth - she's not worth talking to.

Unfortunately, I don't feel good about just having sex partners it really doesn't satisfy me. But that's all most women are good for - propagating genes and memes (but not the good ones)

obviously there are exceptions to the rule - just like yourself - I'm making generalizations and saying 'most' women.

I don't want to waste my life with an idiot female who is annoyed by the truth

Edited by abolitionist, 02 March 2009 - 09:03 AM.

#18 abolitionist

• Topic Starter
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:00 AM

I'm a handsome guy with millions in the bank and multiple sea front properties, not to mention killer social presence

This doesn't exactly add up. How did you acquire such wealth, and how old are you? (If you don't mind me asking...)

I might consider going out with you. I'm an MIT graduate and Lingerie Model. Of course I'm a Transhumanist. I would need you to front me a large sum of cash.

hahaha, no no no first you give up the booty and then I'll think about providing for you

#19 vovin

• 75 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:57 AM

Go to a meditation class and you'll find more open minded women than you can shake a stick at. I teach meditation and most of the people who attend are very intelligent, disciplined, and open minded. Of course some are a little too open minded, like those who reach enlightenment on the 4th day. Oh god I hate those. Basically if you want to meet a intelligent open minded woman go to places intelligent open minded people go and unintelligent unopen minded people wouldnt. A meditation class is just far enough out there to deter the close minded conservative but not so far out there that you get allot of nutcases although I do get some. They usually dont last long. Plus they are the type of people that are willing to put forth thelong term effort to better themselves and to open their minds to things they werent conditioned to accept. If all else fails you will learn allot about something that benefits you for a lifetime if you have the will to keep at it.

Edited by vovin, 02 March 2009 - 10:05 AM.

#20 valkyrie_ice

• 837 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:08 AM

What??? Not even a nibble? Here I am a sexy succubus with a brain, and I can assure you, if you met me on Secondlife, you would be able to see how feminine I am, and I don't even deserve a reply? *giggle* Oh well. I've certainly never had any complaints from any of the guys I've played with, nor any of the girls. :p

Don't worry though, another decade at most, and I will likely be breaking hearts outside SL too. ;)

#21 .fonclea.

• Guest, F@H
  • 300 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:42 AM

I'm a handsome guy with millions in the bank and multiple sea front properties, not to mention killer social presence and widespread admiration from your peer group 8-P

All your friends and family members will love me and be jealous of you, trust me...

I can consider your offer.... i can sell you some of my time. First the money then we talk... ;)

#22 abolitionist

• Topic Starter
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:23 PM

Basically if you want to meet a intelligent open minded woman go to places intelligent open minded people go and unintelligent unopen minded people wouldnt.

yeah I've met some interesting people at meditation groups, that's a good suggestion

I really want someone who is not just open to listen to my ideas but is also supportive and appreciates me for having the small amount of intelligence required to run them through my operating system

I'm hopeful about the masses down the road, when the technology is in their faces they will gobble it up

but someone who can think outside the box right now and look into the future is a real gem - open mindedness is good but I don't want to be their teacher - that seems like a recipe for disaster in a relationship

if they are intelligent enough they will already have found Transhumanism

I say this because if you think about the human condition and are not dogmatic, you will be lead to scientific methods of life enrichment

Edited by abolitionist, 02 March 2009 - 12:30 PM.

#23 abolitionist

• Topic Starter
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:33 PM

I can consider your offer.... i can sell you some of my time. First the money then we talk... ;)

surely you'd let someone taste your wares first before investing

Edited by abolitionist, 02 March 2009 - 12:37 PM.

#24 abolitionist

• Topic Starter
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:41 PM

Lots of luck finding one. Do you have cryonics arrangements? You might want to read the following:

Is That What Love is? The Hostile Wife Phenomenon in Cryonics

*shakes head* they really are gold digging group thinkers who are unable to think outside social norms

they get a strong ick response to stuff like this

it's so hard to find a woman that I can respect for her mind

Edited by abolitionist, 02 March 2009 - 12:47 PM.

#25 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:02 PM

Valkirie, don't sound so desperate....

You said it yourself, you don't have a hard time finding men. If you keep up waiting for his admiration, you'll end up obsessed. = Weakness.

Abolitionist... you can go on Val.
Whoever you'll date, go "would you be with me, forever??" ^^ kiddin. lol. It's hard to change people. Unless you get admired by a little girl. They're easy to manipulate. But then I'd rather have you in jail.

I'll stop mumblin'.

#26 .fonclea.

• Guest, F@H
  • 300 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:14 PM

surely you'd let someone taste your wares first before investing

"First the money then we talk... :p ".... i promess i will make a donation !

#27 valkyrie_ice

• 837 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:02 AM

Valkirie, don't sound so desperate....

You said it yourself, you don't have a hard time finding men. If you keep up waiting for his admiration, you'll end up obsessed. = Weakness.

Abolitionist... you can go on Val.
Whoever you'll date, go "would you be with me, forever??" ^^ kiddin. lol. It's hard to change people. Unless you get admired by a little girl. They're easy to manipulate. But then I'd rather have you in jail.

I'll stop mumblin'.

*giggle* I was was teasing. I have a strange sense of humor. ;)

#28 StrangeAeons

• Guest, F@H
  • 732 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:25 AM

transhumanism is all about the interim transition between homo sapien and posthuman. In light of this, you should be a little more flexible; the point is to acknowledge that you are not yet a transformed being and that the paradigms of humanity have yet to shift. As such compromise is part of your life, and you need to learn to assess your mate's worth by the content of their character instead of judging them by their ideologies; people of many different types can arrive at a common ideology through many different pathways. It's the pathway that will tell you more about their character (and likelihood of accepting the meme) than their current beliefs.

#29 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:45 AM

if they are intelligent enough they will already have found Transhumanism

Really? Is this the opinion you have of all people, or just women? ;)

You've got to give more women a decent chance and be careful about being judgemental. I've been with plenty of girls who have had zero-interest in transhumanism, if you don't come off looking like a creep or a total cyber-dink (I'm assuming you don't), you can generally get a few things across that you both agree on...then go from there. I usually just tie in my diet and supplement regime to how I want to be really healthy and live a long life...which everyone can relate to, AFAIK. From there I bring up biogerontology, possibly imminst not necessarily in the same discussion of course, all the interesting and amazing discoveries going on, send them a link about everyone's favourite bearded SENS friend you mentioned in previous discussion ("I sat and talked with that guy over coffee at an aging symposium a few years ago, you know"*). Most girls don't mind their guys at least bit geeky, or even prefer them that way. All in the type of girl, of course. I refer to myself as a nerd in positive light, it often breaks the ice and gives you some license to talk about nerdy things. SOME license :p Bring up an Alcor membership another time imo. All of this is assuming she's biting, yeah? I think the key is not appearing dogmatic.

This post is long, I'll stop now - sorry if I missed it, but where are you meeting women now?

*actual mitkat quote

Edited by mitkat, 03 March 2009 - 04:56 AM.

#30 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:48 AM

Also..I don't think a transhumanist dating site would work well because there is much too broad a number of ethical, political and scientific stances in various semi-related fields, interests and technologies to ever create the type of community that is for successful online dating. Thoughts?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users