• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Zero Point Energy Device?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#31 Blue

• 1,104 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:56 PM

There is still no independent evidence that large scale energy production is possible. Only thing that has changed is that one possible source of fraud has been eliminated since the Rowan researchers now produced their own fuel instead of getting it from BLP. The situation is unchanged regarding the reactor prototype, it will be shown next year, last year it would be shown this year, ten years ago it would be shown nine years ago...

Installation in a power plant in New Mexico is a bit beyond showing a prototype Blue

You give no source so I assume you are referring to an acquired license for use of the future but as for now still non-existant technology by some New Mexico power company. That is not evidence of a working prototype or product. Only evidence of stupidity. Yes, I know, kind of impressive by Mill, but still not in the same class as Madoff.

#32 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:52 PM

You give no source so I assume you are referring to an acquired license for use of the future but as for now still non-existant technology by some New Mexico power company. That is not evidence of a working prototype or product. Only evidence of stupidity. Yes, I know, kind of impressive by Mill, but still not in the same class as Madoff.

Blue, I can appreciate that you desire a high standard of evidence, as you always do. However, are you not impressed by the published evidence that new physics exists here? You seem to be focusing on the continuous device, the only part of the picture that has not yet been independently verified. That's all well and good, but to even mention BLP in the same sentence as Madoff is, at this point, rather hopelessly hyperbolic.

#33 thestuffjunky

• 94 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:53 PM

Well, I am a science and tech guy and FREE energy is just a theory! It takes energy to make energy. However, consider transistors, oscillating forks and such. There is also tech. now that produces energy/watts by WIRELESS reception. So, I may be lost on the ZERO POINT ENERGY DEVICE, but all mankind can do is make watts(amount of energy produced and consumed) more efficient...

i can be found live at

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 DeadMeat

• 151 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:38 PM

Well, I am a science and tech guy and FREE energy is just a theory! It takes energy to make energy. However, consider transistors, oscillating forks and such. There is also tech. now that produces energy/watts by WIRELESS reception. So, I may be lost on the ZERO POINT ENERGY DEVICE, but all mankind can do is make watts(amount of energy produced and consumed) more efficient...

i can be found live at

If you haven't, you may want to read the whole thread. Hydrogen to hydrino conversion is NOT FREE ENERGY! Energy is released because hydrogen is stuffed into a state of lower energy, which they called the hydrino. That state of energy is below the zero point energy, which was previously thought to be the absolute minimum. Which means a whole bunch of theories are incorrect approximations of reality in this domain. But it doesn't break any really fundamental laws as conservation of energy. Although awesome, its "just" chemistry that until recently was not supposed to be possible.

#35 Blue

• 1,104 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:58 PM

i can be found live at

If you haven't, you may want to read the whole thread. Hydrogen to hydrino conversion is NOT FREE ENERGY! Energy is released because hydrogen is stuffed into a state of lower energy, which they called the hydrino. That state of energy is below the zero point energy, which was previously thought to be the absolute minimum. Which means a whole bunch of theories are incorrect approximations of reality in this domain. But it doesn't break any really fundamental laws as conservation of energy. Although awesome, its "just" chemistry that until recently was not supposed to be possible.

The only thing shown is an for now apparently unexplained brief burst of energy. Not that large-scale energy production is possible (a brief burst of heat you can gain from matches, magneisum, and much else). Or that Mills explanation is the correct one. Blacklight promised a working prototype next year, ten years ago, so do not hold your breath.

Edited by Blue, 09 October 2009 - 06:01 PM.

#36 valkyrie_ice

• Topic Starter
  • 837 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:12 PM

i can be found live at

The only thing shown is an for now apparently unexplained brief burst of energy. Not that large-scale energy production is possible (a brief burst of heat you can gain from matches, magneisum, and much else). Or that Mills explanation is the correct one. Blacklight promised a working prototype next year, ten years ago, so do not hold your breath.

And yet again you fail to address the CURRENT information, instead pointing back to the situation 10 years ago. They announced in Feb that they had fully functional technology, and are selling systems to power companies. That is quite a bit beyond "working prototype" stage.

#37 Blue

• 1,104 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:47 PM

i can be found live at

And yet again you fail to address the CURRENT information, instead pointing back to the situation 10 years ago. They announced in Feb that they had fully functional technology, and are selling systems to power companies. That is quite a bit beyond "working prototype" stage.

So where is the independently verified prototype of their technology? They are selling licenses for the supposed future technology which has yet still not materialized.

Edited by Blue, 09 October 2009 - 07:56 PM.

#38 EmbraceUnity

• 1,018 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:57 PM

I would have to agree. It is more like they are claiming they already have "independently verified" and functioning prototypes and will have functioning power plants next year. Considering their 60 million dollars, high media attention, and impressive backers, I don't think this can be shrugged off like yet another "free energy" scam. True, it still may very well be a scam, but if it is a scam, it is a scam of epic proportions. So either way it is absolutely something to pay attention to.

The recent financial troubles have flushed out epic scam after epic scam after epic scam, and it seems that it wasn't just in the US. So that is certainly not out of the question. Though if there is even a small chance of this solving the world's energy problems, that clearly warrants attention.

Edited by progressive, 09 October 2009 - 07:58 PM.

#39 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:32 PM

The recent financial troubles have flushed out epic scam after epic scam after epic scam, and it seems that it wasn't just in the US. So that is certainly not out of the question.

But, to be fair, all of those scams were purely financial in nature, while the BLP work involves published science and prototype technology, some of which has been independently verified. They won't even take your money if you offer it to them, so it's certainly not a classic financial scam in the Madoff vein.

The only thing shown is an for now apparently unexplained brief burst of energy. Not that large-scale energy production is possible (a brief burst of heat you can gain from matches, magneisum, and much else).

This was not anything like matches, magnesium, or much else. The system was carefully analyzed by independent chemists, and the experiment was even repeated by them with reagents that they purchased on the open market. There was no conventional source of chemical energy that anyone could identify. The chemical physics of hydrino production from hydrogen has been demonstrated in a number of ways from spectroscopy to crystallography, and these results are published. A healthy skepticism is good, but there is a point at which one needs to at least look at the totality of the work that has been presented.

#40 EmbraceUnity

• 1,018 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:40 PM

They won't even take your money if you offer it to them, so it's certainly not a classic financial scam in the Madoff vein.

Actually, one of the things which purpotedly made Madoff successful was that he didn't always accept clients, so he was able to create an aura of prestige. Though, these guys actually do have an affiliated company which will take your money. Though probably only if you are a big kahuna. http://www.millsian.com/contact.shtml

This was not anything like matches, magnesium, or much else. The system was carefully analyzed by independent chemists, and the experiment was even repeated by them with reagents that they purchased on the open market. There was no conventional source of chemical energy that anyone could identify. The chemical physics of hydrino production from hydrogen has been demonstrated in a number of ways from spectroscopy to crystallography, and these results are published. A healthy skepticism is good, but there is a point at which one needs to at least look at the totality of the work that has been presented.

Yes, but those experiments were done at a small university in the same state as the company, and they were very likely connected somehow. If universities all over the world started recreating the experiment, then that would be another story. If I am not mistaken enough information should be out there for universities to do so, so I wonder what the deal is.

#41 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:56 PM

They won't even take your money if you offer it to them, so it's certainly not a classic financial scam in the Madoff vein.

Actually, one of the things which purpotedly made Madoff successful was that he didn't always accept clients, so he was able to create an aura of prestige. Though, these guys actually do have an affiliated company which will take your money. Though probably only if you are a big kahuna. http://www.millsian.com/contact.shtml

That's a good point about Madoff. I think Millsian is just the molecular modeling software company, and is separate from the energy business.

Yes, but those experiments were done at a small university in the same state as the company, and they were very likely connected somehow. If universities all over the world started recreating the experiment, then that would be another story. If I am not mistaken enough information should be out there for universities to do so, so I wonder what the deal is.

Yeah, I think that enough information is out there; you would think that some confirmation would occur. I'd like to see that. I've not heard of anyone saying "we tried it and it didn't work" though. Is this something that everyone is afraid to touch, like cold fusion? Might be. Hard core chemical physics labs are kind of scarce, but it's not like they don't exist. I wonder what the deal is on more verification?

#42 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,050 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:06 PM

I have been meaning to call the power companies who have apparently purchased this technology to ask if the Blackpower generator is working as expected...one of these days.

#43 thestuffjunky

• 94 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:43 AM

I appreciate all who replied, however, my response is that it takes money to make money. NOW, not to say that there isnt devices that produce energy above that of which it consumes, but FREE energy is not possible. It will ALWAYS require at least an atom to make another. so it is impossible! Now, for those who know me, i am a science guy and nothing is proven until it is DONE. I have seen plenty of science shows and keep tabs on popular science and technologies. In short, energy is becoming cheaper to produce and we are consuming less. With that, it MY seem FREE, but it is not... well until we get the hedron collider repaired and start smashing most atoms to produce anti matter and have matter/anti-matter collisions making one heck of a efficient energy....

i can be found at

#44 Cameron

• 167 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:35 AM

I appreciate all who replied, however, my response is that it takes money to make money. NOW, not to say that there isnt devices that produce energy above that of which it consumes, but FREE energy is not possible. It will ALWAYS require at least an atom to make another. so it is impossible! Now, for those who know me, i am a science guy and nothing is proven until it is DONE. I have seen plenty of science shows and keep tabs on popular science and technologies. In short, energy is becoming cheaper to produce and we are consuming less. With that, it MY seem FREE, but it is not... well until we get the hedron collider repaired and start smashing most atoms to produce anti matter and have matter/anti-matter collisions making one heck of a efficient energy....

i can be found at

Some have said that time and space did not begin with the big bang. Now, I've heard that should a universe be created it would probably look like a black hole from the outside and probably contract. I've also heard that this universe is not expanding into anything, the expansion is more like the stretching of a balloon. I'm not familiar with the physics involved, but It'd be interesting to know if one can completely dismiss the idea that the universe actually expanded into a pre-existing universe's space. That is, just like virtual particles pop in and out of existence, that there may be extremely rare conditions under which universes pop out, rare conditions which might be re-creatable by an intelligent civilization.

#45 valkyrie_ice

• Topic Starter
  • 837 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:48 AM

Yeah, I think that enough information is out there; you would think that some confirmation would occur. I'd like to see that. I've not heard of anyone saying "we tried it and it didn't work" though. Is this something that everyone is afraid to touch, like cold fusion? Might be. Hard core chemical physics labs are kind of scarce, but it's not like they don't exist. I wonder what the deal is on more verification?

If you look at the various discussions about it on the web, it generally seems to come down to "well, this guy isn't a physicist, and he claims physics is wrong, so he's just a nutcase, and I'm not going to even look at his results because of it."

Most of the physics people dismiss it out of hand, and likely because of that, much as MIT managed to quash cold fusion research, a lot of potential researchers are refusing to even look.

Between that and the fixation everyone has on hot fusion, solar power, and wind energy, a lot of potential "green energy" people won't touch it because it's not on their acceptable list. I actually had to deal with one "green" person who condemned it as "a heat source which is just going to further global warming!" because I said it would be far more practical than erecting millions of offshore platforms for wind energy which would disrupt ocean ecologies, or paving over deserts with solar panels which would disrupt desert ecologies.

#46 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:19 AM

I still believe time doesn't exist at all and space is just an infinite layer of energy which parts of it can sometimes unite into particles, but not reducing size of space because it is already infinite.

But I am not a physicist :D

I just find no sense in the universe suddenly poping in a big bang, huge burst of energy out of nowhere.. Ninja! :D

Edit: Oh I am not saying the "big band" did not happen, I am just saying if it did, it wasn't the beginning or creation at all, I think there was not creation at all ever.
The big bang, by this theory, would just have been a chain reaction of energy coming together and reacting with each other creating the particles and explosion, or whatever might have happened.

Edited by Luna, 24 November 2009 - 08:22 AM.

#47 Blue

• 1,104 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:08 AM

February, 1998
RM: Yes, that's right, just call it a gas power cell, hydrogen power cell. How close are we? Well, the theory's all worked out, the validations are worked out, the lower energy hydrogen's been identified, that is a product, and we have power densities equivalent to many electrical power plants and running at temperatures comparable to many electrical power plants. And we're getting validated energy balance of a thousand times the energy of burning hydrogen. So we know the process works and now it's just the time it takes to retro-fit that into existing technology. We don't have to invent anything new, we're using vacuum furnaces and we're going to use external combustor gas turbines, so it's just a matter of retro-fitting it into existing technology.So depending on how fast we are at executing that plan and how fast weare getting partners to push that agenda forward it could happen veryquickly. And the thing is, right now we're working on 100kW thermal unit up at Thermacore in Lancaster. Once we got that then you can put that into cars, you can put that intodistributor power generation, that could meet in developing countrieswhere they don't have transmission lines, that could meet an enormous percentage of the market.
http://hydrino.org/e...ew-physics.html

July, 2008

"We are scaling up our first prototype now," a spokesperson for Blacklight Power told me last week. "We will have pilot plants generating electricity in the fall of 2009 and we plan to announce the validators (the first utility companies to test the system) in late August or early September."
http://www.factsanda...kstph05iu6uvcj2

December, 2009
2010, prototype
2011-13, pilot plant
http://nextbigfuture...-2010-2013.html

There's a sucker born every minute
P.T. Barnum

Edited by Blue, 16 December 2009 - 08:12 AM.

#48 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,050 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:29 PM

This is part of a post I made in the much longer Peak Oil thread:

...plus Blacklight is looking more interesting. Even though it started out with all the hallmarks of the latest and greatest free energy scam, they have hung in there. One University confirmation of the energy output is not super, but it is a start. Also, they have now licensed the technology to 6 (yes SIX) power companies in the U.S. This is a level of commercial legitimacy not usually achieved by your typical free energy scam. Caveat: the 6th company to license BlacklightPower is also a shareholder of BlacklightPower, hmmm?

Let us just say that it is getting to the level where it would be difficult to continue to perpetuate outright fraud.

I suppose instead of fraud, they could be dealing with something they do not completely understand - like seems to be the case with D-Wave (the quantum computer company). D-Wave thinks they have a form of quantum computing and Google is even testing their device out on their database of images, yet no one is certain if it is really quantum computing. What really matters is if it delivers and economic advantage over Von-Neumann architecture. Similarly, if Blacklight Power can deliver economically competitive electricity, then it doesn't really matter if the mechanism is completely understood - people will accept it and buy it.

#49 shawn

• 61 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:39 PM

Decentralization of power production is a good thing....power to the people, by the people.
But those who have the monopoly will never agree, that is, until they have no other choice.

The interesting related field is in astro-physics where the new idea is that the universe is a huge field made up of interlaced smaller fields. Plasma universe.
This model sees all stars as being ZPE modules as they are tapping into the underlying fabric of energy which sustains everything, so it is not a far stretch to conceive that there is a method of tapping into it ourselves rather than being last in line or at the bottom of the energy pyramid.

#50 valkyrie_ice

• Topic Starter
  • 837 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:42 AM

Decentralization of power production is a good thing....power to the people, by the people.
But those who have the monopoly will never agree, that is, until they have no other choice.

The interesting related field is in astro-physics where the new idea is that the universe is a huge field made up of interlaced smaller fields. Plasma universe.
This model sees all stars as being ZPE modules as they are tapping into the underlying fabric of energy which sustains everything, so it is not a far stretch to conceive that there is a method of tapping into it ourselves rather than being last in line or at the bottom of the energy pyramid.

What I find interesting is that Voyager has passed through the double layer plasma sheath of the solar system and is about to enter a cloud of ionized hydrogen plasma, held together by a "magnetic field" yet refuse to acknowledge that the sole way a "magnetic field" could be formed in a hydrogen cloud is if the gas is IONIZED and producing an ELECTRIC CURRENT.

And yet Astrophysics is still trying to say that electrical forces have no place in space.

#51 Anders Lindman

• 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:14 AM

http://nextbigfuture...t-for-zero.html

Just read this the other day and if this is accurate, and it works, it would seem like the ultimate power supply for any nanoscale device, and possibly any device at all. Any thoughts? I'm not a physicst, so I have no idea if this will work or not.

Hi,

I'm not an expert on physics either, but some time ago I searched on the web for the Casimir effect and nanotechnology, and I indeed found that the Casimir effect plays a significant role in nanotech but more of a problem than something useful it seemed according to the info I found. My thought was that the Casimir effect could be used for extracting zero point energy, and the article you posted is about that so I find it very interesting.

#52 Elus

• 793 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:28 AM

I don't know high level physics. Thus, the only way I could reasonably believe that this is true is by seeing it in action myself. People, if this is true, our entire world would be revolutionized. Can you say 'flying cars' and 'iron man suits' powered by hydrogen?

Until I see some conclusive evidence, I refuse to believe that this technology is real. I wish it were - I really do. I apologize for my rampant skepticism but I like to rely on concrete facts. So far, this experiment was verified by one university, and that's insufficient.

#53 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:40 AM

I don't know high level physics. Thus, the only way I could reasonably believe that this is true is by seeing it in action myself. People, if this is true, our entire world would be revolutionized. Can you say 'flying cars' and 'iron man suits' powered by hydrogen?

Yeah, our entire world is going to be revolutionized. It will be fun to watch. There won't be flying cars; this is the "flying car" that no one saw coming.

Until I see some conclusive evidence, I refuse to believe that this technology is real. I wish it were - I really do. I apologize for my rampant skepticism but I like to rely on concrete facts. So far, this experiment was verified by one university, and that's insufficient.

That's ok. I don't think Mills cares if anyone believes him or not at this point. I was convinced by the spectroscopic data I saw a couple years back, and everything since then has just confirmed it.

I think the teens are going to be a really cool decade. We're going to see a number of revolutionary developments over the next ten years. This one touches energy, physics, and chemistry; we'll also see great things in medicine, molecular biology, and biochemistry, nanotech... All sorts of things. Some of it will shake people and society up a bit. Like I said, It'll be fun. Some people will get really freaked out though; there will be fear and pushback against some of it.

Edited by niner, 07 January 2010 - 03:40 AM.

#54 valkyrie_ice

• Topic Starter
  • 837 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:46 AM

That however is one university more than any of the hundreds of thousands of "free energy" scams since the industrial revolution began.

That we do not know all that there is to reality is all too apparent. The more I look into the current state of QED, Physics, and Astrophysics, the more I am inclined to believe those who claim it's been hijacked by mathematicians with no concern for reality versus their mathematics.

Nothing that exists in 3D space can be a 0 dimensional object, and nothing that exists in Finite Space can be an infinity. Only in Abstract (i.e. non-real) Math can infinities be created. As Tom Van Flandern states:

http://metaresearch....sPrinciples.asp

The principles of physics are inviolate rules because any contradiction would be tantamount to magic, a miracle, or the supernatural. Allowing miracles into theories makes them non-falsifiable, and therefore unscientific. Adhering to these logical principles and accepting "no miracles" as the only valid "first principle" is now known as "deep reality physics". The following principles were discussed here:

Every effect has an antecedent, proximate cause
No time reversal
No true action at a distance
No creation ex nihilo
No demise ad nihil
The finite cannot become infinite
Tangible, material entities cannot occupy the same space at the same time

These corollaries flow from application of the principles:

Nature has no singularities
There are no black holes
There was no Big Bang
2-way time travel is impossible

These corollaries follow from classical definitions of dimensions:

Extra dimensions are not needed to describe physical reality
The five ordinary dimensions are always uniform, linear, and universal
The speed of light is not a universal speed limit

Discovering a definite violation of a physical principle would bring into question the nature of the reality we inhabit.

Whether you agree with anything else he has to say or not, I would suggest reading the full of that one paper.

Do BLP and Casimir Well devices violate physics? I don't know, but the fact that a chemistry lab, a science grounded in cold hard reality (if two chemicals won't mix, all the theory in the world saying it should is useless) has verified excessive heat speaks far more loudly that it could be reality than all the mathematicians who have spent a century going back to the drawing board because reality failed to match their math telling me it's "impossible"

We shall see if they manage to make it work. At this stage, I think they've gained a few lengths on the rest of the pack though.

#55 Blue

• 1,104 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:18 AM

Hm. How do you kill this teflon scam/crackpot? :~

*Ignores basic physics (no, not string theory but basic quantum mechanics which is the most well tested theory in science)?

*Mill makes basic mathematical errors in his presentation so that anyone who tries to follow them KNOWS that the theory is incorrect?

*Universal rejection by anyone able to understand the theory not connected to BLP?

*Mill's other earlier crackpot claims like soon having an anti-gravity device?

*Mills has made claims of having a working prototype and of presenting a demonstration plant next year for ten years?

*The personal and financial connections between BLP and the Rowan University researchers?

Read more on this forum where there seems to be some real physicists who enjoy demolishing the true believers on their coffee breaks.

---> http://forum.hydrino.org/

Edited by Blue, 07 January 2010 - 07:23 AM.

#56 valkyrie_ice

• Topic Starter
  • 837 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:02 PM

Hm. How do you kill this teflon scam/crackpot? :~

*Ignores basic physics (no, not string theory but basic quantum mechanics which is the most well tested theory in science)?

*Mill makes basic mathematical errors in his presentation so that anyone who tries to follow them KNOWS that the theory is incorrect?

*Universal rejection by anyone able to understand the theory not connected to BLP?

*Mill's other earlier crackpot claims like soon having an anti-gravity device?

*Mills has made claims of having a working prototype and of presenting a demonstration plant next year for ten years?

*The personal and financial connections between BLP and the Rowan University researchers?

Read more on this forum where there seems to be some real physicists who enjoy demolishing the true believers on their coffee breaks.

---> http://forum.hydrino.org/

Yes Blue, we are quite aware of your opinion. It is as meaningless now as it has always been. We are quite aware of the potential of fraud, we are quite aware of the naysayers arguments. And as you have been told repeatedly, we are also willing to evaluate evidence that you chose to dismiss out of hand.

If it is a fraud, that will be proven eventually, but at present, there exists enough evidence against that verdict to give the benefit of the doubt. Rowan University reporting what it has is a major point because it speaks for one of two things. Either the integrity of the chemists, for being willing to honestly report their results knowing they would be going against conventional wisdom, or their stupidity for throwing away their careers for an easily proven fraud.

#57 mentatpsi

• 904 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:49 PM

That however is one university more than any of the hundreds of thousands of "free energy" scams since the industrial revolution began.

That we do not know all that there is to reality is all too apparent. The more I look into the current state of QED, Physics, and Astrophysics, the more I am inclined to believe those who claim it's been hijacked by mathematicians with no concern for reality versus their mathematics.

Nothing that exists in 3D space can be a 0 dimensional object, and nothing that exists in Finite Space can be an infinity. Only in Abstract (i.e. non-real) Math can infinities be created. As Tom Van Flandern states:

http://metaresearch....sPrinciples.asp

The principles of physics are inviolate rules because any contradiction would be tantamount to magic, a miracle, or the supernatural. Allowing miracles into theories makes them non-falsifiable, and therefore unscientific. Adhering to these logical principles and accepting "no miracles" as the only valid "first principle" is now known as "deep reality physics". The following principles were discussed here:

Every effect has an antecedent, proximate cause
No time reversal
No true action at a distance
No creation ex nihilo
No demise ad nihil
The finite cannot become infinite
Tangible, material entities cannot occupy the same space at the same time

These corollaries flow from application of the principles:

Nature has no singularities
There are no black holes
There was no Big Bang
2-way time travel is impossible

These corollaries follow from classical definitions of dimensions:

Extra dimensions are not needed to describe physical reality
The five ordinary dimensions are always uniform, linear, and universal
The speed of light is not a universal speed limit

Discovering a definite violation of a physical principle would bring into question the nature of the reality we inhabit.

Whether you agree with anything else he has to say or not, I would suggest reading the full of that one paper.

Do BLP and Casimir Well devices violate physics? I don't know, but the fact that a chemistry lab, a science grounded in cold hard reality (if two chemicals won't mix, all the theory in the world saying it should is useless) has verified excessive heat speaks far more loudly that it could be reality than all the mathematicians who have spent a century going back to the drawing board because reality failed to match their math telling me it's "impossible"

We shall see if they manage to make it work. At this stage, I think they've gained a few lengths on the rest of the pack though.

Beautifully stated. Sometimes I see odd speculations about reality being made on the Science Channel using Quantum Physics, the kinds you'd expect from a quack who uses the allure of it to add credibility to his ideas, being made by mathematicians. Even Dr. Michio Kaku has made comments regarding multiple selves and universes being created by the possibilities in an action, and though this is nice and adds an interesting quality to the show from a thought experiment standpoint, it is without a doubt far from empirical.

Though I myself am inclined to interesting and bizarre beliefs, I must imagine the hindrance to progression is great when they are the foundations to modern society and the technologies we choose to invest in.

You made an excellent point too, reality is the ultimate tester of any truth. Any man can speak notions, but truth comes from examining them against reality.

#58 valkyrie_ice

• Topic Starter
  • 837 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:08 PM

New news On BLP:

http://nextbigfuture...paper-that.html
Blacklight Power Continuous Power System (29 page pdf) They are calculating $1064 per KWe. http://www.blackligh...uousThermal.pdf
A ten page paper on using blacklight power to power a car http://www.blackligh...MotivePower.pdf
20 page pdf of Blacklight Powers thermally coupled reactor http://www.blackligh...allyCoupled.pdf
A 14 page engineering presentation that summarizes the claims of the larger papers http://www.blackligh...resentation.pdf
Blacklight Power has signed an agreement with an Italian chemical and power company. (GEOENERGIE SpA) http://www.blackligh...FINAL031910.htm

On the Cold Fusion (LENR) news front:

http://nextbigfuture...n-chemical.html

Professor George Miley of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and director of its Fusion Studies Lab, reported on progress toward a cold fusion battery—a small power unit that uses a low energy nuclear reaction (LENR) (i.e., “cold fusion”) to process an energy release from an electrolytic cell operating at low temperature and that could be competitive with a Li-ion battery or a fuel cell

Looks like we're making some progress along multiple paths to a replacing fossil fuels.

#59 Blue

• 1,104 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:46 PM

Three new amazing unverified claims from the "Cold Fusion at American Chemical Society 239th Meeting." That is bad news for Blacklight Power. More competition for the money of the suckers.

Blacklight Power of course recently missed their all their 2009 deadlines for something real such as a verifiable prototype so maybe some suckers are getting worried. Maybe the PDFs will sedate them again.

http://en.wikipedia....motion_machines

Meanwhile, in the real world:
http://www.imminst.o...ars-t38674.html

#60 valkyrie_ice

• Topic Starter
  • 837 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:50 PM

Wow Blue, you are obsessed aren't you?

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users