Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Do you look YOUNGER ?

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#91 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:12 PM

We need to get over the hypercalcemia scare and consider the real risks.
Frank hypercalcemia is incredibly rare, as in: you will never experience it if you are not frankly poisoning yourself with vitamin D and if you're healthy to begin with. Most definitely not with 2,000 IU. The real danger stems from possible chronic side-effects of 25(OH)D levels >50ng/ml (acute toxicity featuring the prominent disturbance of calcium metabolism is normally seen at levels >150ng/ml). Any toxic effects are most probably mediated via the vitamin D receptor and not blood calcium, so there's no warning that you could be chronically damaging your health. There are no known benefits of levels >50ng/ml so we could play it safe for now. 5000 IU will get many of us to those levels, which is why I consider it borderline high (w/o blood testing).

hmm, andre, unfortunately there are not many meaningful markers of calcium metabolism. Ca x P, PTH, 25(OH)D and calcitriol work well for the vitamin D side of the equation and undercarboxylated osteocalcin could work as a marker of vitamin K deficiency. A million things can (and do) go wrong with calcium metabolism and we'd prefer to have it all figured out, but we haven't.

Anthony, you quoted: "The dose of vitamin D that causes significant hypercalcemia is highly variable between individuals but is rarely less than 1000 micrograms/day." That's 40'000 IU or 2-4 times the amount produced by heavy sun exposure. The risk is real, but the proposed mechanism of action (i.e. hypercalcemia) is not. Adding calcium could increase the risk further, but not vit D alone.

Edited by kismet, 03 April 2009 - 11:15 PM.

#92 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:33 AM

I never said, vitamin D alone will do it... please re-read my statements, I don't want to quote them a 3rd time.

Again I said if a crazy told you to take over 10,000 ui without knowing what you already take... (you know the rest...)

I know many people who take alot of calcium to combat the issues with bones and old age, so it is something to think about.

Cheers
A

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:44 PM

I never said, vitamin D alone will do it... please re-read my statements, I don't want to quote them a 3rd time.

Indeed, but I was referring to the quoted reference which implied it would. And you made it sound more like acute toxicity, although, I believe the damage would be rather chronic (as even up to 2000mg calcium are used together with vitamin D in osteoporosis/fracture/colon polyp/cancer prevention studies and there's no acute toxicity... [if people are dropping dead from you're procedure it will be difficult to get approval] you're right if one uses even more vitamin D/calcium than it could be quite dangerous; but then again, most people do not suffer acute damage even from acutely elevated Ca x P, only very accelerated vascular calcification and I can't believe people would take such ridiculous overdoses without talking to a doctor!)

Maybe we should have the discussion split from this thread?

Edited by kismet, 04 April 2009 - 08:45 PM.

#94 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 02:34 PM

I can't believe people would take such ridiculous overdoses without talking to a doctor!

I know of at least one instance where a 'popular' person who talks about vitamins and cancer gave medical advice without being a doctor, and pushed over 10,000 iu to a person for an illness... while the person was taking large amounts of calcium. The situation was caught by the doctor for this person (yes I have an email from the doctor himself), but many simply don't understand what can happen when large amounts of these two items are taken.

Again, over 10,000 iu and large doses of calcium can provide a recipe for disaster, namely a heart attack. I have stated the reasons and the parameters from the email, even though the links suggest a lower amount. Take it as a simple warning to see a doctor when considering large amounts of vitamin D.

Kismet, again... not 2000 iu, not 5000 iu, if we agree that taking over 10,000 iu is a bit nuts with a good deal of calcium, we can simply end this vitamin D topic on this note.

Cheers
A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 05 April 2009 - 02:39 PM.

#95 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:04 AM

Using mega-doses and its documented noxious effects on health is what contributes to the cry for supplement regulation and banning. Common sense is a pre-requisite when supplementing.JMO

#96 Danniel

• 93 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:09 PM

going back on-topic, the answer is: Yes, I do look younger.

I was a bit skeptical in the beginning but now I am a true believer :p I began one week ago to take about 1g/day Resv 99% and also mixed about 2-3g in a face cream. After one week most of my eye wrinkles are gone. It's fantastic.

Well, there is an even better part: I sleep like a log. I always had problems falling asleep and then waking up at the smallest noise. The sleep is now a pleasure. I never felt more rested in my life. If you add that my sex life returned to the 20's, well, I can only say "Thank you, ImmInst, la vita e bella"

#97 Danniel

• 93 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:27 PM

I was a bit skeptical in the beginning but now I am a true believer ;) I began one week ago to take about 1g/day Resv 99% and also mixed about 2-3g in a face cream. After one week most of my eye wrinkles are gone. It's fantastic.

One remark: it seems that you can OD this. I got quite a strange/ugly skin rush under my almost-wrinkleless-eyes.

I should add also a small thing to the plus side: I had a strawberry sized liposome on my back and 3 weeks after starting resveratrol it's diminished to a pea size. Amazing. I haven't noticed the change until someone at the gym remarked it and asked about the OP.

#98 alexd

• 106 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:40 PM

I was a bit skeptical in the beginning but now I am a true believer ;) I began one week ago to take about 1g/day Resv 99% and also mixed about 2-3g in a face cream. After one week most of my eye wrinkles are gone. It's fantastic.

One remark: it seems that you can OD this. I got quite a strange/ugly skin rush under my almost-wrinkleless-eyes.

I should add also a small thing to the plus side: I had a strawberry sized liposome on my back and 3 weeks after starting resveratrol it's diminished to a pea size. Amazing. I haven't noticed the change until someone at the gym remarked it and asked about the OP.

I have been tsking resvratrol for about 2 years. It has reached the point where people are shown my drivers license where the photo was tsken at about the same time and when asked what is the difference in my appearance they now say I look younger. Totally anecdotal but I presume my appearance has chaned sufficently for an uncoached person to notice.

#99 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:16 AM

going back on-topic, the answer is: Yes, I do look younger.

I was a bit skeptical in the beginning but now I am a true believer :-D I began one week ago to take about 1g/day Resv 99% and also mixed about 2-3g in a face cream. After one week most of my eye wrinkles are gone. It's fantastic.

Well, there is an even better part: I sleep like a log. I always had problems falling asleep and then waking up at the smallest noise. The sleep is now a pleasure. I never felt more rested in my life. If you add that my sex life returned to the 20's, well, I can only say "Thank you, ImmInst, la vita e bella"

You look younger probably due mostly to the wrinkle cream. I do notice better sleep from resveratrol. I don't know why that is, but I at least fall asleep faster. Sometimes when I don't fall asleep as fast as usual, I wonder why then realize that I have not taken my resveratrol. I am nowhere near one gram, just 200 or sometimes 400 mg.

#100 drunkfunk

• 102 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:11 PM

I was a bit skeptical in the beginning but now I am a true believer :) I began one week ago to take about 1g/day Resv 99% and also mixed about 2-3g in a face cream. After one week most of my eye wrinkles are gone. It's fantastic.

eugenius, may i ask, where you got your resv 99% from, since you seem to be based in germany and i'm having trouble finding that concentration around here?

#101 Danniel

• 93 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:49 PM

I understand your frustration. I wrote on another thread that I wanted to open a small startup focused on resveratrol only because it was imposible to find a decent dosage&quality at a reasonable price. If anyone in Europe is interested in such an endeavor, I 'll be happy to help with contacts and a pile of COAs.

The simpliest way to get high quality bulk is to contact the info at kingherbs.com Fast and trustworthy.

I was a bit skeptical in the beginning but now I am a true believer :) I began one week ago to take about 1g/day Resv 99% and also mixed about 2-3g in a face cream. After one week most of my eye wrinkles are gone. It's fantastic.

eugenius, may i ask, where you got your resv 99% from, since you seem to be based in germany and i'm having trouble finding that concentration around here?

#102 Danniel

• 93 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:27 PM

Correction: The rush was because of the new basis cream I was testing. Changed the cream and everything is fine. Actually, I managed meanwhile to put well over 10g Resv in 50mg cream without getting any powder remaining on the skin after the concoction is absorbed (the entire mix goes into the skin)

#103 drunkfunk

• 102 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:18 PM

Correction: The rush was because of the new basis cream I was testing. Changed the cream and everything is fine. Actually, I managed meanwhile to put well over 10g Resv in 50mg cream without getting any powder remaining on the skin after the concoction is absorbed (the entire mix goes into the skin)

so you're saying it all absorbs with no residue?
cool stuff.
may i ask what other secret ingredients you are using in your cream?

#104 Danniel

• 93 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:00 AM

cool stuff.

Last summer, when I got sunburns, I noticed how fast the Garnier BodyTonic is absorbed. In the hope that this plus it's alcohol content will help resv absorption, I added a little in my current mix. To my pleasent surprise, not only I was able now to solve more resv but it all goes into the skin. If you can not find Garnier products in your area, I can copy the ingredients for you.
I made several creams with different compositions and resveratrol content (1-5-10g/50ml)

Also the effects were well boosted up. It had been a long, long, long time since a beautiful girl hit on me. Or since my wife had that funny-"thisguyismine" look while shopping. Two weeks ago I began takin a language course. In one of the breaks some of the colleagues were trying to see who is the best age guesser. Generally, they were 1-2 years close. In my case they were in the range 26-32 with an average of 28. I am 40.

Try it (and then PM me to give you the address where to send the wine) :p

#105 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:49 PM

So many people say they look younger, but wheres the pictures? lol

#106 drunkfunk

• 102 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:16 PM

cool stuff.

Last summer, when I got sunburns, I noticed how fast the Garnier BodyTonic is absorbed. In the hope that this plus it's alcohol content will help resv absorption, I added a little in my current mix. To my pleasent surprise, not only I was able now to solve more resv but it all goes into the skin. If you can not find Garnier products in your area, I can copy the ingredients for you.
I made several creams with different compositions and resveratrol content (1-5-10g/50ml)

Also the effects were well boosted up. It had been a long, long, long time since a beautiful girl hit on me. Or since my wife had that funny-"thisguyismine" look while shopping. Two weeks ago I began takin a language course. In one of the breaks some of the colleagues were trying to see who is the best age guesser. Generally, they were 1-2 years close. In my case they were in the range 26-32 with an average of 28. I am 40.

Try it (and then PM me to give you the address where to send the wine) :p

cool, they got garnier bodytonic at the drug-stores around here, am gonna give that a try with the resv.
are you using it in the face though, since it's supposed to be a cellulite-tonic? it better not melt the sub-q-fat, that would not be pretty.

if this works, u got a case of wine comin.
red or white? let me guess...lol

#107 Danniel

• 93 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:30 PM

I am using as basis:
- a good&cheap face creme with CoQ10 from DM (got good reviews once at stiftungwarentest, if I remembered correctly).
- a good&expensive creme from YvesRocher

At this I add the Garnier for absorption and some other things.

I make several cremes for different purposes. I would suggest to test with small quantities and see what feels well.

#108 Andrew W Smith

• 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:13 PM

I have only been taking Resvaratrol for about 6 weeks now. but now i have couple of people telling me that i look younger. They have no idea i am taking this medication. Has this happen to you ? and does younger girls think you are younger than you really are ?

Its good that people think that you look younger. I am also using Resveratrol supplements from many weeks, it really works show you the less than your age in front of other people but before taking Resveratrol supplements you must consult the doctors for better results.

Recommended Resveratrol supplement: Resveratrol Ultra | Resveratrol Benefits |Resveratrol Side Effects

spam links removed -- Max

Edited by maxwatt, 27 May 2009 - 08:16 PM.

#109 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:05 PM

Hi, can you take out the spam in the post above?

It seems like these folks are trying everything under the sun now... since they are now being investigated after 2000 complaints...
http://www.newsnet5....051/detail.html

A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 27 May 2009 - 04:07 PM.

#110 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:15 PM

Hi, can you take out the spam in the post above?

It seems like these folks are trying everything under the sun now... since they are now being investigated after 2000 complaints...
http://www.newsnet5....051/detail.html

A

Done.
If you want to see a video showing some anti-aging benefits: LOOK HERE

#111 MissM

• 22 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:35 PM

I was a bit skeptical in the beginning but now I am a true believer :-D I began one week ago to take about 1g/day Resv 99% and also mixed about 2-3g in a face cream. After one week most of my eye wrinkles are gone. It's fantastic.

Eugenius, is that the micronized resveratrol you are using? I tried the trans resveratrol in a face cream, and it was just a little gritty. I know it did not dissolve. I thought maybe the oil was not liquid enough, so I warmed up some coconut oil and tried the same thing. Same result. Are these just random little grits, or is the trans resveratrol just not dissolving? Should I use the micronized?

#112 Danniel

• 93 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:47 PM

Eugenius, is that the micronized resveratrol you are using? I tried the trans resveratrol in a face cream, and it was just a little gritty. I know it did not dissolve. I thought maybe the oil was not liquid enough, so I warmed up some coconut oil and tried the same thing. Same result. Are these just random little grits, or is the trans resveratrol just not dissolving? Should I use the micronized?

I have used regular bulk 99% Resveratrol (anyhow, I don't think it makes any difference as you want it dissolved). I explained here and here how I make my creams.

I strongly advice to begin with very small quantities, keep a very strict track of how much of what you put in and what are the results. Always modify/add/remove only one component. Every person is different and, probably, you'll have to create your own formulation.

One last advice: begin with some very fine wrinkles, make photos or aply the cream on only one side of the face. After a couple of weeks compare the "before" and "after" pictures and let us know how you feel about it.

Edited by eugenius, 28 May 2009 - 09:29 PM.

#113 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:08 AM

If you want to see a video showing some anti-aging benefits: LOOK HERE

great clip!

I doubt the "look younger" claims, although I do think my skin is smoother.
I think it is possible people might look somewhat younger, just not a lot.

#114 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:50 AM

I'm 50 and have been taking resveratrol for about 5 years, first about 40mg/day, then increasing up to 2G a day, now back to 500mg (because no one seems to have good data on a correct dosage for humans).

I routinely date girls who are 22 and up, and none of them will believe I'm over 40. They usually guess 35-38. Older ones tend to guess older, but never over about 42.

Usually when I finally tell them my age, they are convinced I'm lying and they start laughing and asking me to tell them my real age.

Whether resveratrol is partially responsible, I don't know.

#115 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:23 PM

I'm 50 and have been taking resveratrol for about 5 years, first about 40mg/day, then increasing up to 2G a day, now back to 500mg (because no one seems to have good data on a correct dosage for humans).

I routinely date girls who are 22 and up, and none of them will believe I'm over 40. They usually guess 35-38. Older ones tend to guess older, but never over about 42.

Usually when I finally tell them my age, they are convinced I'm lying and they start laughing and asking me to tell them my real age.

Whether resveratrol is partially responsible, I don't know.

I believe that with continued use, the amount needed decreases. I too took two grams an more for a year, but now use between 500 milligrams and a gram with good results holding arthritis at bay. As for 22 year-olds, there is a Steely Dan song, "Hey Nineteen"....

#116 drunkfunk

• 102 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:48 PM

would extra virgin coconut-oil make a good foundation for a resv-skin-cream?
today i mixed one quarter teaspoon 98% resv with a dab of coconut-oil and it seems to go right in, leaving no residue.
is that possible???

#117 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:48 AM

today i mixed one quarter teaspoon 98% resv with a dab of coconut-oil and it seems to go right in, leaving no residue.
is that possible???

Coco-butter or was it really coconut oil? which i'm not familiar with.

#118 drunkfunk

• 102 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:13 AM

is that possible???

i should have said cocoa-butter, it's just that in germany they call it 'kokosoel', but it is definitely butter.
i did it once more before going to sleep, and woke up with a face softer that a baby's bottom.
and it seems to really absorb, because there is no residue whatsoever.

#119 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:16 AM

is that possible???

i should have said cocoa-butter, it's just that in germany they call it 'kokosoel', but it is definitely butter.
i did it once more before going to sleep, and woke up with a face softer that a baby's bottom.

Emu oil is supposed to be a natural liposomal. It may enhance the absorption of anything it is mixed with. You need to get high quality odor free emu oil.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#120 drunkfunk

• 102 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:49 PM

is that possible???

Emu oil is supposed to be a natural liposomal. It may enhance the absorption of anything it is mixed with. You need to get high quality odor free emu oil.

got that too and have to say, the coco-butter absorbs better. emu-oil stays shiny for a long time, and after a while i can still wipe some of, that didn't absorb.
could be the brand though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users