Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

NOOPEPT

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#181 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

I dont think its prominent after like 14 days though [for me], the negative things seem more like transient side effects, same with the memory effect, I noticed taking it longer actually improved memory, however it's hard for me to comment since my sleep gets so messed when I am on it, that is the deal breaker for me I really wish I could get around that problem! I didn't find it heightened emotions dangerously though , actually i felt that the effect was healthy because it was like my brain could finally process emotional content , also it was an antidepressant but i wasn't like super elated or emotionally crazy or anything, it was just simply that i actually felt like doing stuff and it's easier to make snap decisions and not be depressed, it didn't make me manic at all. Also I know exactly what people mean when they say they feel too smart for normal peopel when on it, however I feel this is more of a biased position than anything. it's like you get irritability and enhanced thinking at the same time and then you have this bias that you took noopept and you're smarter now.. you realize different things so when you are experiencing any kind of annoyance you are also coming up with more logical reasons to be annoyed.. so it is
  • like x 1

#182 timtam777

• 33 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:45 AM

Just got some noopept today from SN (5grams). It comes with a dosing spoon that looks exactly like my 250mg dosing spoon that came with my Uridine powder. I am assuming it's not a 10mg spoon...
I will wait until my mg scale arrives so I can dose properly.
Based on it being a 250mg spoon, I took what I guesstimated to be 10mg. Someone mentioned it tasted like paracetamol made by the devil? They were right.
Half hour in - no effect that I can notice...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#183 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

Just got some noopept today from SN (5grams). It comes with a dosing spoon that looks exactly like my 250mg dosing spoon that came with my Uridine powder. I am assuming it's not a 10mg spoon...
I will wait until my mg scale arrives so I can dose properly.
Based on it being a 250mg spoon, I took what I guesstimated to be 10mg. Someone mentioned it tasted like paracetamol made by the devil? They were right.
Half hour in - no effect that I can notice...

About 1/4 that scoop is the dose you're after. The taste.. gets better.

#184 Mr. Pink

• 226 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

i ordered some from build your own blend on ebay, and I'm planning on taking it without a scale. any way to estimate dosage? or a pic of what a 10mg dose looks like?

#185 timtam777

• 33 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:27 AM

Three days into taking noopept and the only thing I can feel is in increase in energy and motivation. Even my wife said this morning that I was unusually motivated over the weekend. Perfect.
At this point, I would say that my libido has taken a hit from noopept though.
I'm taking roughly 10mg once a day in the morning with my Uridine/DHA combo. I was experiencing a modest libido boost on the Uridine/DHA only...

#186 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

I just quit Noopept ~25mg/day after using it for a week or three, to see if it'll resolve a drop in sex drive I experienced over that period.

From this end the sudden drop in verbal fluency and eloquence, in speech and writing alike, is clearly noticeable. I'd almost be happy to find that the drop in libido was something unrelated so that I could go back on it, even if that'd leave me with a new problem to solve.

Edited by Raza, 10 September 2012 - 11:43 AM.

#187 Psionic

• 187 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

I just quit Noopept ~25mg/day after using it for a week or three, to see if it'll resolve a drop in sex drive I experienced over that period.

From this end the sudden drop in verbal fluency and eloquence, in speech and writing alike, is clearly noticeable. I'd almost be happy to find that the drop in libido was something unrelated so that I could go back on it, even if that'd leave me with a new problem to solve.

If the only problem is drop of testosterone levels which means worse memory, lower confidence and thus impaired verbal fluency/writing.. It can be solved by estrogen blockers or testosterone boosters, but firstly we should measure if noopept really causes testosterone drop.

#188 c60tester

• 15 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:07 AM

Three days into taking noopept and the only thing I can feel is in increase in energy and motivation. Even my wife said this morning that I was unusually motivated over the weekend. Perfect.
At this point, I would say that my libido has taken a hit from noopept though.
I'm taking roughly 10mg once a day in the morning with my Uridine/DHA combo. I was experiencing a modest libido boost on the Uridine/DHA only...

After you stopped noopept did your sex drive come back? Were there any permanent changes in it?

#189 victortsoi

• 180 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:30 AM

1. I took it with piracetam today and it felt awful. I felt like a retard. Maybe it was alpha-gpc?

2. I am much more motivated, but I'm not sure whether it is making me more or less verbally gifted.

3. Sex drive has gone down and I don't need to shave nearly as much.

4. I have had moments of profound emotion and connectedness. At a recent family gathering stories and the like would move me to tears and I would be filled with love. The first thought I had was that I am feeling the way I felt before abusing adderall and pot for five or six years. There's something to this.

5. Now what remains is whether it makes me better able to process information like oxiracetam for example. Even if it does not, I would still think what I gain in motivation and mood from noopept might offset the weird choline rollercoaster that racetams incurr despite being great for school.

#190 hypnotik

• 14 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:43 AM

Same issues with me, but using 15-20mg/day. I noticed that my short term memory took a hit. Normal, routine tasks at work were soon forgotten. I, too, noticed a drop in verbal fluency, as well as verbal communication, almost to the point of Socially Awkward Penguin.

Libido was nonexistent after about a week. Dick was shriveled up like a frightened turtle. I stayed on Noopept for about a month, and then I quit. Took about 2 weeks for my libido to get back to normal. Got laid one night, and had to go again the next day. So yeah, I'm done with Noopept.

#191 @now

• 100 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

Same issues with me, but using 15-20mg/day. I noticed that my short term memory took a hit. Normal, routine tasks at work were soon forgotten. I, too, noticed a drop in verbal fluency, as well as verbal communication, almost to the point of Socially Awkward Penguin.

Libido was nonexistent after about a week. Dick was shriveled up like a frightened turtle. I stayed on Noopept for about a month, and then I quit. Took about 2 weeks for my libido to get back to normal. Got laid one night, and had to go again the next day. So yeah, I'm done with Noopept.

I am just irritable as hell while at the same time being mentally razor-sharp. My guess is that it is best taken on demand, and rarely so. (if at all). With the addition of aniracetam you're even more sociable and sharp, but I think structural/long-term use of noopept is best avoided until (if ever...) it is better studied.

I remembered the saying "if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is". Words to live by.

Edited by @now, 11 September 2012 - 10:57 AM.

#192 victortsoi

• 180 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:45 PM

Let me get this straight- people are saying that noopept is hurting their verbal fluency/skill?

#193 @now

• 100 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

I just don't like being angry and moody all the time - the other effects were (not yet) observed by me.

#194 timtam777

• 33 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:24 AM

Apart from killing my libido and frequently feeling a weird sort of grumpy feeling, it's not really doing anything apart from slightly higher motivation. I don't think it's worth it for me for what I get out of it.
I was thinking about aniracetam as a combo for uridine instead?

Edited by timtam777, 12 September 2012 - 02:24 AM.

#195 jayfoxpox

• 67 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

if it effects the STM negatively maybe noopept should be taken first thing in morning or long before any studying is being done and after or before bed. Since wont be as important during those times.

#196 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

If the only problem is drop of testosterone levels which means worse memory, lower confidence and thus impaired verbal fluency/writing.. It can be solved by estrogen blockers or testosterone boosters, but firstly we should measure if noopept really causes testosterone drop.

You misunderstand me, I think. The drop in libido occured while being on noopet. The drop in verbal fluency was something I noticed going off noopept; something noopept clearly improved, and which I miss now.

After you stopped noopept did your sex drive come back? Were there any permanent changes in it?

It seems to have come back to what I was used to over the course of about a week of being off noopept.

Looks like this stuff is not for me, despite clear benefits. I may try occasional single doses again if I'm taking a full day to write or something, but taking it regularly even on only the days I spent alone wasn't working because of the build-up effect.

Let me get this straight- people are saying that noopept is hurting their verbal fluency/skill?

I was saying the opposite, but apparently not very clear about it. Case in point, I guess.

Edited by Raza, 13 September 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#197 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

I challenge anyone who has taken anything above 10 mg a day, for example, 30mg, go down to 10 or 5. If 10 is too strong try 5 every day and see what happens. Tell me if there is a difference after taking it for a couple weeks. I'm saying this because I think the actual noopept pills are 10mg and that's the recommended dose. So why not take half of that instead of 6 times that? then comment. I'm not saying you will get an appreciable effect though or that you've been wrong to take more.
  • like x 1

#198 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

I challenge anyone who has taken anything above 10 mg a day, for example, 30mg, go down to 10 or 5. If 10 is too strong try 5 every day and see what happens. Tell me if there is a difference after taking it for a couple weeks. I'm saying this because I think the actual noopept pills are 10mg and that's the recommended dose. So why not take half of that instead of 6 times that? then comment. I'm not saying you will get an appreciable effect though or that you've been wrong to take more.

I'd have to second this. Clinical trials use only 10mg BID and IIRC the website for russian noopept says to start at 10mg increasing to 20mg if needed and then only increasing to a maximum 30mg per day if 20mg is ineffective.

#199 fql

• 146 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

Hey guys, I just ordered 1G of Noopept from Amazon and a scale. The Noopept has shipped and still waiting on the scale. I'll be posting my anecdotes soon.

#200 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

Hey guys, I just ordered 1G of Noopept from Amazon and a scale. The Noopept has shipped and still waiting on the scale. I'll be posting my anecdotes soon.

Same here, ordered mine from IntelliMeds, and a scale from Azarius. If all goes well, both will arrive tomorrow, tuesday max.
Will keep you guys updated on the effects :)

#201 Psionic

• 187 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

Same here and already received. 0.001 g scale is extremely important, cause whenever I dose > 15mg I got headache and my ability to think is worsened. 10mg dose give me very positive results (maybe way too much confidence, but I believe it needs to be cultivated) even with combination with CILTEP and tyrosine.

#202 khemix

• 190 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

Been on superiornutraceuticals Noopept 5g powder for over 3 weeks now. I weigh it at and am doing ~20mg in the morning with water. Now I take this dose before sleep.

I haven't noticed anything so far besides the taste. Definately no "racetam" like effects.

I should note I'm also taking guanfacine, which does wonders for impulsivity and patience. It seems to neutralize the effects of modafinil and pramiracetam so it could be that.

Edited by khemix, 16 September 2012 - 09:31 PM.

#203 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

Same here and already received. 0.001 g scale is extremely important, cause whenever I dose > 15mg I got headache and my ability to think is worsened. 10mg dose give me very positive results (maybe way too much confidence, but I believe it needs to be cultivated) even with combination with CILTEP and tyrosine.

Whoops, I ordered a 0.01 scale. Cause I'm cheap like that. But I figured if I need to weigh out 10 mg, I'll just stop adding when it shows 0.01 right? Well I know it's not as exact.. Anyway I already received the scale today, no point in sending it back.
Glad it works for you!

#204 yaqoob

• 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

I'd have to second this. Clinical trials use only 10mg BID and IIRC the website for russian noopept says to start at 10mg increasing to 20mg if needed and then only increasing to a maximum 30mg per day if 20mg is ineffective.

Third vote here. I've been experimenting with noopept for 2 weeks. I started low dose to see if by any chance I'd have adverse, allergic reaction, but then I quickly started taking bigger doses - 30mg in the morning, then 20mg in the afternoon and sometimes even 3rd dose in the evening. It didn't work too well for me. For the last three days I got back to 10-15mg in the morning and maybe additional 10mg in the evening and I seem to react much better now.
I'd advise to keep standard, recommended low doses.

#205 jackspace

• 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

My wife and I have been doing this NOOPEPT stack every morning since September 10th (we started rampi9ng-up before this):
  • 30mg noopept
  • 750mg choline
  • 500mg sulbutiamine
These ingredients were purchased from Build Your Own Supplements and are placed into two "00"-size gel capsules.

We also take 350mg DMAE tabs in the morning.

Initially there were no major effects, but around day three, my wife first mentioned she was so focused and on task at work that she didn't have her normal groggy 3pm bout with sleepiness and non-focus. Both of us have found our motivation levels have increased, and we've had no decrease in sexual appetite. ;)

We're both in our early 40's and I walk about three miles on average per day for exercise.

Before we started our nootropic stack, both of us regularly had to reach for things like caffeinated beverages, or (gulp) 5-Hour Energy (oh the tragedy!).

For the first time in a LONG time, I find myself whittling-away at projects that I've put-off for months.

I plan to add some other things to our stack, and probably develop an afternoon stack, though I don't want to mess with my sleep cycle.

If you're looking for a 'slap in the face' nootropic, noopept isn't it. What it WILL do for you, if you're not flooding your senses with a lot of other things (which, empirically speaking, isn't going to yield much useful data) is provide you with the POTENTIAL to make use of it, the rest is still up to you.

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink." <------- re: motivation

Also, I do wonder if some of the decrease in libido in some of you is a matter of simply being focused on other things. I mean, if noopept is having an effect on my libido, maybe I'm only thinking about sex six times a minute instead of seven; productivity can be distracting. (Though some of us feel getting a lot done is an aphrodisiac). LOL

:-D

Anyway, I am curious about bioavailability when taken orally. My wife and I do try to take the noopept with foods like peanut butter or cheese. No doubt we could work on this part with better things in our stomachs.

ciao,
Jack

Edited by jackspace, 18 September 2012 - 08:58 PM.

#206 fql

• 146 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:04 AM

10mg of Noopept gives me slight focus. I'm gonna up the dosage tomorrow to 20mg.
Also pic,
Posted Image

#207 jayfoxpox

• 67 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:31 AM

^ Hope you know that's 100mg.
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#208 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

Well I recieved my Noopept this morning. My scale wouldn't show any numbers at those amounts, which I could have anticipated. So, using the picture I found on this forum, I guessed what was to be 30 mg. And on top of that I licked the knife I used to open the package, thought it was a waste? Must have been some lingering habit from the cocaine days. Anyway! Must've taken 50 mg in total, so far all I feel is agitation, and I've got some light sweats. I'll give it another day to settle before making any conclusions, so far I can't tell if it's placebo or not. It does taste awful though!

#209 8bitmore

• 347 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

10mg of Noopept gives me slight focus. I'm gonna up the dosage tomorrow to 20mg.
Also pic [...]

I know this echoes jayfoxpox but figures it can do with being said more than once: benjury: what is the story with how much Noopept you ended up taking; did you really misread a digital scale that badly or...? Anyway if you are feeling next to nothing from 100mg then I'm pretty sure its a sham product.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#210 okay

• 18 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

^ Hope you know that's 100mg.

Posted Image
  • like x 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users