• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#61 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:06 PM

Posted Image
ImmInst Plaque

Fresh out of the oven! Anyone has my permission to use this for fliers, posters, etc.

Is that chocolate?

#62 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:08 PM

lol no :)

It's supposed to be a metal plaque.

#63 JediMasterLucia

• Topic Starter
  • 708 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:23 PM

Posted Image
ImmInst Plaque

Fresh out of the oven! Anyone has my permission to use this for fliers, posters, etc.

cool, how did you do that?

#64 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:26 PM

I made it in Vue 7 Infinite :)

#65 JediMasterLucia

• Topic Starter
  • 708 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:17 PM

I never heard of it. Is it a program like Bryce? (3D program for landscapes)

#66 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:05 PM

I never heard of it. Is it a program like Bryce? (3D program for landscapes)

Yes kind of ;)

#67 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:19 PM

We have put off a meeting for the art team because the PM function has been down. I think its back now. Im going to get a hold of everybody that wants to be on the team soon, hopefully in the next couple of days, although Ive been really busy with other stuff, by the end of next week for sure.

Right now some of the things to go over are that I think we will be meeting once a week but that it wont be mandatory to attend it. We will then have each person set any goal they want and accomplish it once every two weeks. Those that do, stay on the team, those that dont would be listed as helpers, but helpers are a great asset too. Members though will help forge forward with projects and be in the newsletter and in the team member prize system thats in development.

The members can create pretty much any project they want that helps the cause. They can also choose from the suggestions and needs in the art team forum. Then Im thinking we will also have the team captain come up with a break down list of tasks for a variety of projects to give out to team members who request a bi weekly task. This should work, we can adjust it though, what do you all think?

The team captain will probably jedimasterlucia, although we may go with the person with the most experience, maybe we'll vote on it. Jedimasterlucia you have a lot of great art, you may still even win out in a vote if we do it that way.

#68 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:20 AM

That's cool ^^

BTW, sorry I haven't done much, I kinda work like crazy, and haven't finishid with my driving licence either.

#69 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:24 AM

And BP, if the difference is the title and the time between each action related to art-team, why is it necessary?

#70 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:31 PM

Thats alright about not doing much, just showing interest is great help so far. The initial interest from everybody is helping to move the team along. Do you want to be a team member and set yourself a bi-weekly goal, or do you want to be listed as a helper?

There is an art team meeting scheduled for fridays now. It is not mandatory, but it is a good idea to attend if you all can to stay on top of things. Its short notice this week, but if anybody is available we will be in there. The art team meeting topic will be created soon. This time is pretty official now, although it can still change if we find its not working for everybody. Team meeting time can be found at imminst.org/meetings

And BP, if the difference is the title and the time between each action related to art-team, why is it necessary?

Its designed to give people a schedule to use as a guideline and to give an incentive to produce at least one thing every 2 weeks. Although if people want to help, but they dont want to do that, we dont want to turn away any generous and much needed offer of help, so they can be on the helper list if they want.

#71 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:30 AM

Thats alright about not doing much, just showing interest is great help so far. The initial interest from everybody is helping to move the team along. Do you want to be a team member and set yourself a bi-weekly goal, or do you want to be listed as a helper?

There is an art team meeting scheduled for fridays now. It is not mandatory, but it is a good idea to attend if you all can to stay on top of things. Its short notice this week, but if anybody is available we will be in there. The art team meeting topic will be created soon. This time is pretty official now, although it can still change if we find its not working for everybody. Team meeting time can be found at imminst.org/meetings

Its designed to give people a schedule to use as a guideline and to give an incentive to produce at least one thing every 2 weeks. Although if people want to help, but they dont want to do that, we dont want to turn away any generous and much needed offer of help, so they can be on the helper list if they want.

Oh ok. I'll be a helper then, I have no time for anything else.

#72 .fonclea.

• Guest, F@H
  • 300 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:43 PM

Posted Image

Nothing to do with your works of course but i had fun doing it.... :)
notice the mouse cage behind lol

Edited by .fonclea., 25 May 2009 - 09:44 PM.

#73 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:29 PM

This topic now has updated rules as follows:

Team members task: To join team, start a topic in this forum called “yournamehere’s Art Team member progress topic” and add at least one monthly contribution to it. All members who do so will be moved from the helper list to the member list.

Commitment requirement: 2 month block minimum. Do as many tasks as you want during the month. There is a minimum of one per month to stay on the team.

Task requirements: It has to be for the cause. Choose from the suggestions in the Art Team section, create your own, ask a team mate, or ask the team captain. Creating a flyer or a banner is a good standard project to take on. If your project is long and cant be completed during the month then you can show what progress you have made to get credit for that month.

Team meeting: The meeting is friday at 8pm gmt weekly. (gmt clock available on the schedule) It is written in the schedule at this link www.imminst.org/meetings It is not mandatory, but it is recommended. If you want to work on the most relevant project, find potential larger projects to collaborate with and or make sure your project meets the requirements then you'll want to discuss it at this meeting. Of course, feel free to meet with the team at any other times too.

Incentives: Of course, the biggest incentive is that its for the cause. The second biggest incentive is that action inspires more action. Lastly, team members names will be published in various sources like the developing imminst newsletter, you will be eligible for a free membership as long as you remain on the team, and will also be eligible for the potential imminst volunteer prize system that is in development.

Helping, but not joining the team: You don’t have to be a team member to help. You can sign up as a helper or just help any team member at any time. Helpers wont be eligible for some of the incentives.

Funding for your task/project: Funding for your project will be considered. Let the team captain know if you want to request funds. If your idea is good, don’t be afraid to go big when requesting funds.

Team Captains:
Brokenportal, JediMasterLucia

Art Team Members: (Now Recruiting)

Art Team Helpers: (Now Recruiting)

WhiteDragon103
alexd
williamhessian
Nikolis
Infernity
Tana#1
ntenhue

#74 rhodeder

• 52 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:42 AM

If a nice banner is made would anyone pay to have it advertised or would it be used on forums and sponsored websites?

#75 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:31 PM

If a nice banner is made would anyone pay to have it advertised or would it be used on forums and sponsored websites?

The banners and all the art will be used in every good way we can find to use them. If we can find some money to put one or more of the banners on some google ads then we could do that.

Right now we have a lot of need for banners around imminst and other free advertising we are doing. Do you want to join the team? If you want, you could go and collect a list of banners people need. You only have to do one per month to stay on the team.

#76 TigerMask

• 147 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:40 AM

Hey,

This is my first shot at image editing in a while, but here's what I came up with. What do you think?

Note: Not an actual dead person.

Full Size

Attached File  LiveLonger.jpg   154.24KB   16 downloads

Smaller
Attached File  LiveLonger2.jpg   51.83KB   32 downloads

#77 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:42 PM

This is a good addition, will help with more kinds of target crowds. This flyer here is an example of a place that putting "Immortality Institute" would work well. We'll have to set up an official flyer banner store so that people can choose from them for making flyers like these. There are a variety of ones to use. There is one that highlights immortality, one that highlights the mission statement, one that highlights both etc..

#78 TigerMask

• 147 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:50 PM

I'm not so sure about my image, my mom said "Why would you want to live longer if you're going to look like that?" So maybe it won't make sense to most people, but at least it will get their attention.

#79 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:07 PM

I'm not so sure about my image, my mom said "Why would you want to live longer if you're going to look like that?" So maybe it won't make sense to most people, but at least it will get their attention.

Right, that wouldnt work well for a lot of people, but it might be a heavy hitter in things like x men comic books. Some versions of flyers, like this one for example, would work a lot better if they said "Immortality Institute" on them also.

#80 TigerMask

• 147 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:58 PM

Cool. Glad you like it.

#81 okok

• 340 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:31 PM

Would there also be interest in musicians?

#82 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:52 PM

Yes, interested people could be a part of the art team and help do things like add sound effects and song overlays to mini commercials and youtube videos and stuff like that.

We could also use interested musicians in forming a Music Team. There are a bunch of us that want to do things like do covers of songs but change the lyrics so that they support the cause, or take original lyrics about the cause and have them turned in to songs. Heres one example of lyrics that could be done. There are at least a few more that could be done. Are you interested in trying out something like this? We could set up a super flexible schedule to meet your schedule, and work to recruit more helpers. The most important part about possibly doing something like this would be that you would be inspiring more people to volunteer, and that is unbeleivably important and priceless.

Edited by brokenportal, 29 October 2009 - 08:04 PM.

#83 okok

• 340 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:35 PM

Great, i'm always looking for inspiration. I've got a a few sample libraries and know my way around some DAWs.

While writing this, i got an idea: have you seen one of those clips where people's faces morph into each other? Wouldn't it be nice to find/do a morph from a very old person to young? ( Hey, maybe Shatner? :-) I could provide the voice morph. I could look into the image morphing as well, but maybe there's someone around here into CG.

#84 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:10 PM

That would be a good idea for a suggestion to produce yes. You can list it as a suggestion in the art team. If you do then start the title with "Suggestion:" its a rule of thumb, and most of the others are that way. Also, please go through the other suggestions and see if theres something you might want to help get going. Do you want to join the art team? I can add your name to the list.

You would only have to make one contribution per month, and that could be as simple as making a quick flyer, or banner, or recording a voice over on a ready made istock clip or something like that. Also, you wouldnt have to contribute any month you didnt want to, its just a rule of thumb to make at least one contribution per month. And by doing so you get entered in the volunteer prize drawings, and get your name published in places like the imminst.org/newsletter. What do you think about those lyrics. Do you think you might be able to get beat together and try yours or somebody else at saying or singing or rapping the lyrics? I imagine it to work maybe in the style of rage against the machine, but anything could work.

If you volunteer, this will be another big success for this growing cause. At this stage in the game its the little things that are the big things, and most of all, just volunteering helps to inspire more, and this is crucial. On top of that all, theres no commitments and the schedule is super flexible.

#85 okok

• 340 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:16 PM

Much obliged, BP, to join and chime in. Until i find a way here to reverse my puberty vocal change, i'd rather use my instrument, the guitar. Your lyrics are fine, sure there is a way to put them into effect, i'll also have a look at the suggestions and see where i can contribute.

#86 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:27 PM

Alright, Ill add you to the art team. Do you have or know how to use audio editing software, or something like adobe premiere? If you do I could help set you up with a fairly simple clip to work on right away. Do you have a way to record guitar to digital right now? If so, you could submit some original rifs if you want and we can try to match somebody up to put the lyrics to them later on.

#87 okok

• 340 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:20 PM

Alright, Ill add you to the art team. Do you have or know how to use audio editing software, or something like adobe premiere? If you do I could help set you up with a fairly simple clip to work on right away. Do you have a way to record guitar to digital right now? If so, you could submit some original rifs if you want and we can try to match somebody up to put the lyrics to them later on.

Yes, i've got software & recording equipment. Constraints can be more inspiring than freedom, so if you just show me the clip and what you have in mind, that'd be fine.

#88 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:12 PM

Alright, great, well, music wise, what I can think of right now is those guitar riffs, maybe 2 to 4 minutes long would help right away. You could post them in a "art team guitar riffs resources" topic or something like that if you want to.

As for clips, you said your not sure about voice, but if you want to give it a go, or you can record somebody else, then you could take those lyrics I sent you and over lay them on this clip with or with out music: http://www.istockpho...s-and-words.php

If you want to try it then I would buy that clip and send it to you.

Another clip you could try if your interested is this one: http://www.istockpho...o-the-grave.php Then add the following thats in quotes: (I know you prefer loose examples that you can work with, but this specific example is important to me if you want to consider giving it a go)

We are like portals into this life, this existence, this grand, gracious, spacious sea, of incredible mystery. These portals are broken.

Our chance to know the big 8 is passing us by:

- the nature of "infinity"
- if there is a god, gods, no god, or something else
- how we got here
- how the universe got here
- what all else is out there like hover ability, light speed, aliens, populated galaxies, dimensions etc..
- all forms and extents of all pleasures current and undiscovered.
- the fulfillment of all goals that time brings you to want, restaurant owner, pro football, climbing mountains etc..
- universal elimination of fallacy

but there is something we can do about it. Science has already fixed diseases and disorders that are like the 7 forms of damage that accumulate and cause us all to age to death. The grass roots advocacy and research that is working on this is growing in to a world movement. We arent stopping until we this cause is in the mainstream of the world. We need every supporter as soon as possible like there is no tomorrow. If you support this then join us right now.

Imminst.org - Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans Attached File  arul_logo.png   7.11KB   15 downloads

You could freeze frame it in the beginning, for a couple seconds, then add these words fading in and out as that clip starts up, and put a music back ground over lay on it if you want, if you consider it that is. And if you really want to get fancy you could over lay quotes on it from things like Aubreys Colbert and History channel appearances and others. For example you could edit in a clip of Colbert saying "Colbert show" "Aubrey deGrey," "So you think humans can live to 1,000" "(Aubreys response here)" then in the history channel Jonathan Frakes says something like "Can we live to 1,000?" you could put that in, and then give an Aubrey quote from there etc..

#89 okok

• 340 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:56 PM

Ok, istock, good idea. But the clips are rather short, we'd need several.
Do you have an agenda, a clear cut message you want to to convey? From there we could put the clips together accordingly.
How about tying this in with other ongoing projects like for instance mind's multi or the celebrities while we're at it?

Edited by okok, 30 October 2009 - 07:05 PM.

#90 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:33 PM

These clips are short yes, but a few short ones off the top might be a good idea to get a few going. We would put them in youtube right away and we could even start guaging their receptivity right away then. The broad agenda is to advertise the cause. Each though fill different niche markets.

The months in the clouds clip should loop smoothly.

The grave clip is pretty short, but I think that if you can slow the first sequence down so it starts up over a 15 second span instead of 2, and then freeze frame it on the last frame instead of having it loop then you would be able to fit the wording in fluidly.

We can try longer clips too, we can make lists of clips and pictures we can splice together for a variety of themes. I would save that for after some short practice examples like this though, but of course, its up to you in what you want to do. If you do that portal one Ill send you any book of your choice from the imminst recommended book list at imminst.org/store or an imminst t shirt from there. Ill do that out of my own pocket as well as entering you in the monthly prize drawing in which you would have a chance to win a second t shirt or book.

The multis is a good idea, but I would be a little nervous about having that be potentially our first high definition clip ad. This could be a moderately successful youtube hit and that might pigeon hole us a supplements market more than we are looking for. If we had other clips to go along with it that might help, but I could be wrong. The clouds or grave would just be general imminst ads. You could come up with other wording for the cloud clip, or find other clips, or do the supplements or the celebrities or the laser ablation or something. Its up to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users