• 708 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:19 PM

I like to see them :|o

here you can see some drawings of mine: JML's art topic

#32 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:53 PM

The requirements for the team are now posted on the art teams intro page in the wiki here: http://imminst.org/w...-------Art_Team

Basically, the only requirement is to attend the weekly meeting and for the team to set any individual goals they want. The team helps each other guide these goals.

Write down the times that you are available for this weekly meeting here and we will then schedule it to fit everybody as best as possible. The deadline for entering this info is this wednesday, april 22nd. We will schedule the meeting on that day. If your info isnt here and the meeting is scheduled for a time that you cant make then unfortunately you will not be able to be on the team. You can though still join the helpers list. This info is also outlined at the art team intro page wiki at the link above. A final pm will be sent to give notification of this today.

#33 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:55 PM

We are looking for somebody who may be interested in running the imminst store. We want to create a new one here: http://www.printfection.com/ or at an even better place if you know of one or can find one.

The person will need to open the store and put approved logos on merchandise and then update it with new unique ideas, to be approved, as we go.

We can go over this at the first meeting. We need everybody who wants to be on this team to give times you can meet. Everybody else is still welcome to sign on as a helper, but we need team members to make this work. It success depends on you. Please do give your times soon. The cause needs you.

#34 JediMasterLucia

• Topic Starter
  • 708 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:12 PM

I got one reply on my PM this week

The best time for me to meet is Monday - Friday evenings : 18.00 pm GMT - till 22.00 pm GMT

#35 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:09 PM

Tana#1 would like to join the art team. She does cool photoshop stuff.

#36 Tana#1

• Guest, F@H
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:18 PM

Hi everyone! I would love to help out: )

#37 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:30 AM

Hi everyone! I would love to help out: )

Thanks, a pm is sent out to every person that shows interest here.

#38 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:11 AM

IMHO this is the best one to represent the Immortality Institute:
Posted Image
Perhaps RIP could be removed (not everyone knows what it means) and a slogan could be put in the sky?

#39 JediMasterLucia

• Topic Starter
  • 708 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:46 PM

@ Tana: I've sent you a PM and I have added your name to the list :)

@ AV: remove RIP? I could do that. What slogan do you want to add?

#40 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:26 PM

I thought rip was universal.

I can meet at most any time. I hope we can get everybody else to indicate their times by tomorrow. We are still waiting for 3 or 4 times from people. Thanks everybody for considering the team, we need you all, this meeting will add a lot of RPMs to this project.

Edited by brokenportal, 21 April 2009 - 08:26 PM.

#41 numbered

• Guest, F@H
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:40 PM

11 am-1pm and 6pm and after is what suits me best . GMT time

Edited by Nikolis, 21 April 2009 - 08:41 PM.

#42 JediMasterLucia

• Topic Starter
  • 708 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:52 PM

I thought rip was universal.

Me too, we know what it means in the netherlands, But I don't know in other countries.

Edited by JediMasterLucia, 23 April 2009 - 06:46 PM.

#43 Tana#1

• Guest, F@H
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:22 AM

Hi all ! I can be at meetings Wednesday-Sunday 1700-2000 GMT . Here are examples of what I do digitally atm if youd like to take a look. I use a open grid game called Second Life to design and create pics. http://www.koinup.co...Robbiani/works/

#44 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:36 AM

In a museum you would have a small notice next to this piece of art saying
"Immortality Institute - The death of Death
SENS4 exposition, 2009
JediMasterLucia was born in ...., when death was a major concern on Earth.
The violence of the picture represents the syndrom shared by scientific erudits at that time of burgeoning science, when they were discovering the incoherent misery of the human condition in which they were. This picture is believed to have been a major contributor of the disparition of involuntary death, by profoundling changing the vision of the world in the scientific community."

Edited by AgeVivo, 23 April 2009 - 11:37 AM.

#45 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:22 PM

Right now we are trying to agree on 1900 gmt saturdays but we still have to hear back from a few people on a few things about that first. Let us know if that works or doesnt work for you everybody. Ive tried to schedule it to fit everybody best.

If this doesnt work, we have a few other options that will.

At the meeting, we will go through project ideas and set goals. You can set any goal you want really, big or small, as long as you do at least one thing for the week. Of course the more we all get in on the same projects and the more time we put in the better, but thats all up the team members.

There are a bunch of ideas so far. We'll be going through them in the art team wiki and sorting them a bit. Find them in the "ideas pool" at the team page: http://imminst.org/w...ex.php/Art_Team

#46 JediMasterLucia

• Topic Starter
  • 708 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:45 PM

I have Saturday a Heales meeting in Brussels and I think I won't be home at 19.00 pm. :-(

#47 williamhessian

• 86 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:37 PM

do we have pdf pamphlets and posters available online? because there should be 4 or 5 approved printable pamphlets and posters for random people, and all the awesome members of this site.

the idea would be simple.

allow for people (us) to spend our time, ink and paper spreading the word about imminst and immortality. i am currently working on art stickers promoting immortality.

i think by having pamphlets and posters on a "TAKE ACTION NOW!" page, would be ultimately successful. We can print stacks of papers and posters and canvas our own personal area, library, public venues, coffee shops, doctors offices, lamp posts etc. I know I would print out 50 or everything and keep a stack in my trunk to take wherever i go. I put something up all over Minneapolis, and North Dakota. All we need is to take some of the designs from the poster design thread, and some of the materials we already have and get it on a printable PDF and on a page telling us what to do.

For those without printers, we can also suggest for people to grab their change jar and head out to the library and print page from there (something i do often). I also think this would catch those impulsive people who come in to imminst but dont want to commit to a membership. Its easy, and helps!

#48 Tana#1

• Guest, F@H
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:23 PM

In a museum you would have a small notice next to this piece of art saying
"Immortality Institute - The death of Death
SENS4 exposition, 2009
JediMasterLucia was born in ...., when death was a major concern on Earth.
The violence of the picture represents the syndrom shared by scientific erudits at that time of burgeoning science, when they were discovering the incoherent misery of the human condition in which they were. This picture is believed to have been a major contributor of the disparition of involuntary death, by profoundling changing the vision of the world in the scientific community."

I saw this photo once where the word "Death" was on the tombstone instead of RIP. Would that work or no? Just a suggestion: ) Also I can have a meeting sooner on saturdays than 1900 I can be flexible early but I have a night job so if meeting is at 1900 some days I can only at the meeting for a half hour. I am also open to having meetings in European mornings like 1300-1500 ( dont know if it would work for people in the states but I am up until about 4 in the morning most nights.

#49 JediMasterLucia

• Topic Starter
  • 708 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:22 PM

Could someone give me a summary of the art meeting? I would like to know what you've talked about,

#50 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:52 PM

The meeting was just me and William. Ive been thinking about it and tossing around all the times and suggestions and all that.

There isnt a time that works well for everybody and after thinking about it, Im not sure if a mandatory meeting is the way to go. What we'll do is keep the meeting at 1900 gmt time on saturdays. The meeting though isnt required. What we will also do then is start a topic in this new art team sub forum for all team members to check in to once a week. Each team member will be required to set a goal for themself for the following week, and to set the goal before the end of each saturday. If the person then doesnt set a goal, or fulfill their own goal then they will be taken off the team list and added to the helper list.

Does this make sense to everybody? I think this will work. The point is to offer an incentive to generate weekly action.

#51 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

Im quoting this to save it. The art team topic is being updated. On behalf of the team, thanks for everybodies ongoing help.

Hi everybody.

I know that there are creative people on Imminst
If your are creative and you like to make art that supports the cause, you can join the Art Team :p

You can post your name in this topic or add your name at the Art Team wiki: Art Team wiki

You can also post your ideas. :p

Like I said to BP before: A picture can say a lot more than 100 words :-D

#52 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:54 PM

Art Team Member Weekly goal, breaker for week of May 3rd to May 9th.

Write in your goal, accomplish it, and indicate it here before the next breaker to remain on the team. The goal can be as simple or complex as you want it to be.

Edited by brokenportal, 03 May 2009 - 07:55 PM.

#53 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:16 AM

Posted Image
Just finished rendering it. Although, I put the logo, I forgot to put Imminst's url :)

#54 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:58 PM

Alright, nice concept, youll want to change the spelling though probably, spelling error and context, I would put "The sky is the limit!"

I would contact the whole art team about this weekly structure but the pm function is currently dissabled. What do you think of this structure? One goal of any kind per week seems like a bit to much pressure for an art team. Im thinking we might go with one thing every two weeks and rewrite the breaker to reflect that.

We have a list of suggestions, but Im thinking that we should also create a list of break downs for each one of the suggestions for people to choose from. Ill have to think about that some more. Let me know what your ideas on this are everybody.

#55 .fonclea.

• Guest, F@H
  • 300 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:52 PM

I like this picture and the way you insert the message in the bottom. :)

Right, the spelling needs to be changed may be.

Once i also tried to do something with my dear mate photoshop :)

Give SENS to life*

Posted Image

Edited by .fonclea., 13 May 2009 - 09:53 PM.

#56 JediMasterLucia

• Topic Starter
  • 708 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:24 PM

Posted Image
Just finished rendering it. Although, I put the logo, I forgot to put Imminst's url :)

that is a nice flyer.
I like this picture :)

#57 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:52 PM

Thank you!

#58 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:32 PM

Posted Image
ImmInst Plaque

Fresh out of the oven! Anyone has my permission to use this for fliers, posters, etc.

#59 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:11 AM

Posted Image
1000th Birthday

Maybe someone can write can an article about what they think a 1000th birthday would be like, and perhaps this image could be used.
Maybe it can even go on the home page?

Edited by Cyberbrain, 17 May 2009 - 03:11 AM.

#60 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:09 PM

nice the 1000th birthday! possible sources of inspiration at the bottom of JML's thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users