Photo

Art Team

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#1 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:20 PM

To Join
Indicate your interest, in a reply here, and we will contact you to go over it.

1. Team members minimum monthly task: To join the team, start a topic in this forum called “yournamehere’s Art Team member progress topic” and add contribution to it. Do as many tasks as you want during each month.

2. Task requirements: It has to be for the cause. Choose from the suggestions in the Art Team section, create your own, ask a team mate, or ask the team captain. Creating a flyer or a banner is a good standard project to take on. If your project is long and cant be completed during the month then you can report what progress you have made in your art team topic to get credit for that month.

3. Team meeting: It is written in the schedule at this link www.imminst.org/meetings It is not mandatory, but it is recommended. If you want to work on the most relevant project, find potential larger projects to collaborate with and or make sure your project meets the requirements then you'll want to discuss it at this meeting. Of course, feel free to meet with the team at any other times too.

4. Incentives: Of course, one of the biggest incentives is that its for the cause. The biggest incentive is that action inspires more action. Team member lists are published in various places. Last but not least, you get points redeemable in the Longecity points store for every month that you contribute. The more you contribute the more points you get.

5. Funding for your task/project: Funding for your project will be considered. Let the team leader or teams coordinator know if you want to request funds. If your idea is good, don’t be afraid to go big when requesting funds.

List of current members and helpers here.

Edited by brokenportal, 07 March 2011 - 11:03 PM.

#2 WhiteDragon103

• 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:22 PM

I drew this up in MSPaint.

I'm wondering what to draw on the upper half of the image. I want it to be awe inspiring, yet plausible.

Inspiration was from the "What if you had more time" and "You haven't seen nothing yet" designs.

[Image goes here] <- Hmm, I can't seem to attach images. Darn.

Edited by WhiteDragon103, 22 March 2009 - 06:23 PM.

#3 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:00 PM

WhiteDragon103, the upload function is temporarily disabled due to software problems. Should be back on very soon.
However, I don't think that this thread belongs in the "Ideas" forum and have moved it here.

#4 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:23 PM

Its a part of this team, whitedragon has joined so Ive moved it here now.

Caliban, with your permission Ill delete your message here, and then also mine, to clean up the topic.

#5 JediMasterLucia

• Topic Starter
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:53 PM

Hi WhiteDragon103,

welcome to the Art Team. ;)
when the wiki page works fine again, I'll add you name to the list.

the upload function doesn't work...hmm then you can use this site: photobucket to show your art.
I would like it to see it :)

#6 WhiteDragon103

• 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:20 PM

It's not finished, and since I lost the CD-Key for my art program, I couldn't install it and had to use MS Paint. So this is just a sketch.
I was thinking of decorating the top half of the image with things that the future has to offer.

Posted Image

Edited by WhiteDragon103, 23 March 2009 - 03:24 PM.

#7 JediMasterLucia

• Topic Starter
  • 708 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:41 PM

hopefully you can find your CD-Key for your program soon, WhiteDragon103
I like your idea with the ladder.

I have added your name to the art Team Wiki (the page is working fine now ;) )

#8 alexd

• 106 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:51 PM

My name is Alex. I paint. The question is what is needed?

Attached Files

• Attached File  Luna.jpg   88.78KB   24 downloads

#9 JediMasterLucia

• Topic Starter
  • 708 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:59 PM

Hi Alex, Your painting is nice :~

What is needed? a lot of creativity :) (and time)
The meaning of the art team is to make art what shows the meaning of life extension to the people.
We have collected some ideas in the Art Team wiki

If you have ideas you can post them in this topic or the wiki page :)

#10 williamhessian

• 86 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:16 AM

It's not finished, and since I lost the CD-Key for my art program, I couldn't install it and had to use MS Paint. So this is just a sketch.
I was thinking of decorating the top half of the image with things that the future has to offer.

Posted Image

i also like this latter. it makes me laugh, and then think for a bit. good call.

i think a ladder is a good image for immortality. we just want to extend the ladder so that we can reach everything

#11 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:18 AM

I really like the notion of "that's its?". I think that this is what our selling point should be all about. Showing people how short life is, and not only is it short, but half of the time you're in pain from aging.

#12 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:18 AM

we need to consider that there are a collection of target audiences. I produced a few flyer ideas quite some time ago in an attempt to target particular audiences

For the younger audience. This one touches on the idea of bioengineering the body for greater performance/longevity.

Posted Image

Originally suggested to be a flash page

Posted Image

and something very similar to the ladder concept above

Posted Image

Edited by zoolander, 24 March 2009 - 05:21 AM.

#13 JediMasterLucia

• Topic Starter
  • 708 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:17 PM

These are nice, zoolander :|?

I'll post the topic here for inspiration: more flyer ideas

#14 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:57 AM

Alex, nice painting you seem like a great candidate for the team. Keep in touch and or we'll be getting back to you. Zoolander, I like these flyers. I think we have your steps flyer there archived around here somewhere for further use. WhiteDragons ladder flyer made me think of that one too.

The ladder flyer is still doable though of course WhiteDragon. As a suggestion you might want to create larger more animated versions of the smileys and add a few other components.

I think this team will grow well and be greatly successful. We've already got a number of, in my opinion, really talented artists. Im kind of surprised. Thanks a million for joining. Every little thing we people do for the cause adds up so tremendously, so fast, in so many ways. It really does. Besides giving us the chance to see great art for the cause that can help cut through the pro aging trancists, it also inspires more people to join teams, it inspires more people to join imminst etc..

Jedimasterlucia and team members and anybody interested in giving feedback, let me know what you think of these two guidelines, if you guys think it works then we'll write them in:

1. Each team member has to add at least one thing to the team per week, but it doesnt have to be an art peice. It can be to add a cause art suggestion to the wiki, or to recruit anohther team member. There may be other things people can do but those are the main two I can think of right now. Just any one addition, including those. Oh, the art show will count, thats a dynamic addition, maybe promoting the art show can count, all past cause drawings count. We can think of others too.
2. We'll schedule a weekly meeting that works best for everybody, and make it madatory to attend at least two of them per month.

We cant really rush art, I know, so these loose guidelines should work. We need something to gauge whether or not team members are still on the team. It will create weekly impetus and when impetus starts moving, many times it keeps going. I think the guidelines will inspiire the team members to keep thinking about it and come up with more ideas and inspiration.

I have a pamphlet that I need some help with. Its attached here and Ill see if/how it can be attached to the wiki. If somebody here can add some original drawings to it then please do. It needs one for each page except for the front and back. Although, if you can think of a clever theme for the front and back then add those too. If you want, add non copy righted pictures off the net that fit, but preferably, draw them or photoshop them so they are more original if you can. Ill then introduce this pamphlet to the board for approval. It should pass. I used the wording out of the imminst "about" section and then added a few quotes and a persuasive peice. A component of the pamphlet is that we can make multiple versions by including different persuasive peices on the 4rth page there, and we can include different quotes too. We can make versions that cater to different crowds by modifying those. Also, this is just one example, its a more technical version of an imminst flyer. More versions can be made too. If anybody wants to try their hand at one then please do.

Attached Files

Edited by brokenportal, 31 March 2009 - 08:48 PM.

#15 .fonclea.

• Guest, F@H
  • 300 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:22 PM

I like very much the last pic of zoolander, a very good job and i am no the kind who's saying just to be nice. :)

#16 JediMasterLucia

• Topic Starter
  • 708 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:14 PM

2. We'll schedule a weekly meeting that works best for everybody, and make it madatory to attend at least two of them per month.

I think it is indeed a good idea to plan a weekly meeting to talk about the art, topics for art and to inspire each other. :~
@ team members: let me know on wich times you can meet.

#17 JediMasterLucia

• Topic Starter
  • 708 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:49 PM

this is a flyer idea I got last weekend:

Attached File  asimo.jpg   109.73KB   22 downloads

#18 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:26 AM

This is good. Ill probably be trying this one out the next time I put up flyers. Im not sure that people are used to seeing advertisements about these potentials of life extension and transhumanism in the future, but I know its brewing in many of their heads and that posters like these might just latch right on to ready made meme handles in their brains and start incubating right there on the spot. To anybody that may ever be hesitant, meme away, meme like there is no tomorrow.

So lets set a meeting. I havent seen whitedragon around in a while. Ill pm the people that have signed up and the people that are interested, right now, to answer your meeting question there.

To all art team members, Im working on a pamphlet for ImmInst. It needs some pictures. Its attached in one of my last responses here. If anybody is interested then please give some suggestions for pictures. I was thinking about this an hour ago and some pictures that came to mind are, if somebody can/wants to, can you make a sketch of the grim reaper from the torso up holding the world in the palm of his hand and looking in one direction, then back to back with him, a person doing the same thing, with a world in the palm of their hand looking at it.

Then also, if somebody wants to, try a sketch with a small brontosaurus in the bottom corner, then a medium sized egyptian pyramid in the middle then a space shuttle blasting off on the right and a little bigger, then down below the shuttle, a grave yard, and "one way" sign pointing at the grave yard, and a person with an ax chopping away at the "one way" sign. If somebody knows how to photoshop that then try that too.

I know its complex and this is all voluntary and I dont expect anybody to have the time or desire for this particular project for sure, but if somebody could, please do try it out. I think they may work great for this pamphlet. I cant offer much, but if somebody wants to do it for a copy of "Ending Aging" then I can do that for sure and maybe more.

#19 numbered

• Guest, F@H
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:00 AM

i want to join guys

#20 JediMasterLucia

• Topic Starter
  • 708 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:27 PM

Hi Nikolis, I'll add your name to the list if the wiki page is working again.

Could you show some art of yours? I'd like see it :)

Edited by JediMasterLucia, 14 April 2009 - 03:28 PM.

#21 numbered

• Guest, F@H
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:06 PM

Hi Nikolis, I'll add your name to the list if the wiki page is working again.

Could you show some art of yours? I'd like see it :)

hey .
so , My name is Nick i make short films , into photography , i write music and i am a member of a small production team called plan c , we 're working on a theatrical play these days.
this is my first short
im renovating my site at the moment. think it will be ready in a week.
www.nikosdedidis.com

ps. is there a way to attach more than one file at a time?

#22 JediMasterLucia

• Topic Starter
  • 708 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:18 PM

I've added you to the list, :)
If you have ideas you can add them to the wiki page too (I see you are a full member, thus you can edit the wiki page too, :) )
We re collecting different types of art with as topic life extension ect.

About the attachments, you can upload one item at a time, but you can add more in you post if you want

#23 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:55 PM

How do you propose that we propose ideas? Im thinking we could do it in this topic, and include a large Idea word in color to signify it so they can be easily spotted and discussed and potentially moved to the official list in the art team wiki.

Idea

I propose we create a documentary film where we tour grave yards and funeral homes and give commentary. Recently I have been stopping at grave yards whenever I can when I travel. It hits me hard in the gut like a battering ram every time. I cruise through them slowly reading the dates and names, imagining the lives come and gone, how we are all headed that way and what it all means. It really gets my blood boiling and I think a documentary like that can do the same for many people.

Keeping our blood boiling is one big key in all of this. Humans are built to be indifferent, it helps prevent pain and horror and depressing thoughts from overwhelming us, but when weilded correctly, those thoughts can be used to propel us to more expeditious and urgent action. If you guys support this then lets move it to the art section and start developing it.

#24 numbered

• Guest, F@H
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:19 PM

[

i like the documentary film idea. we should aproach it with caution.

#25 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:36 PM

Great, do you have any preliminary ideas for some structure for this? And what do you mean by caution exactly? There is a certain amount taken with everything really.

#26 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:53 PM

I could help too. I've started using Photoshop for art recently. Skeches thus far:
http://f.nau.co.il/u...ts/18255824.jpg

http://f.nau.co.il/u...ts/18330199.jpg

http://f.nau.co.il/u...ts/18251820.jpg

If someone wants to add Infernity to Wiki.

Tell me how to help, I might have my own ideas

#27 JediMasterLucia

• Topic Starter
  • 708 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 05:19 PM

@ infernity: I've added your name to the list. :)
I like your sketches.

What are your ideas? please, list them here.

the more ideas we have, the more we could create with the team. :)

@BP: you are right, we'll collect all the ideas in this topic :)

#28 JediMasterLucia

• Topic Starter
  • 708 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:40 PM

this is my latest work. :) This was a idea from a few weeks ago.

Attached File  earth_hand.jpg   202.37KB   17 downloads

#29 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:42 PM

@ infernity: I've added your name to the list. :)
I like your sketches.

What are your ideas? please, list them here.

the more ideas we have, the more we could create with the team. :~

@BP: you are right, we'll collect all the ideas in this topic :)

Thank you :)

Well, I wanted to create a cyborg. Physical appearance is quite drifting people. It's related in many ways, I could create some cool adverb.

#30 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:51 PM

Oh and the battle against death! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users