• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Who else gets temporary wrinkles when using tretinoin?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 JBForrester

• 350 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

See, I just haven't seen any proof that Retin-A does any good. For example, look at this photo. (Mind you, they've purposefully changed the lighting in the after photo) - She looks fine in B and D, but in E her skin looks much more frail, thin, and weak than in the before. Yes, the wrinkles are gone, but it has done nothing to make her look younger. Just less wrinkled and a bit sickly. Come to mind, one of my professors used this stuff under her skin, and it was almost like you could see her veins and everything that goes on underneath her eye because it was so transparent and thin. SO, is there anything that one can do to get back collagen and youth without going the route of Retin-a's?

Posted Image

#32 Werper

• 190 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

It's ashame you have to avoid the sun as much as possible with it, that's the deal breaker for me.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 JBForrester

• 350 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

Even walking to the store, sunscreen and all, I get red when using it.

That woman in the picture above - she looks like she has wrinkle-less 80 year old skin in the after picture. My grandma only at 80 had eyes like that, and I'm assuming this woman is around 45-50. Just wondering if the hayflick limit is something to consider while using retin-a...

#34 Anewlife

• 210 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

is 0.05% okay to use around the eyes or should I use .025?

#35 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

See, I just haven't seen any proof that Retin-A does any good. For example, look at this photo. (Mind you, they've purposefully changed the lighting in the after photo) - She looks fine in B and D, but in E her skin looks much more frail, thin, and weak than in the before. Yes, the wrinkles are gone, but it has done nothing to make her look younger. Just less wrinkled and a bit sickly. Come to mind, one of my professors used this stuff under her skin, and it was almost like you could see her veins and everything that goes on underneath her eye because it was so transparent and thin. SO, is there anything that one can do to get back collagen and youth without going the route of Retin-a's?

Posted Image

You can't tell anything from the pictures because of the different lighting. She looks the same to me in the before and after, it's just the direction and color of the light that is different, removing the shadows in the after pictures. Who do they think they are fooling? Well, obviously some people here. ;)

Edited by viveutvivas, 22 December 2012 - 03:31 PM.

• like x 1

#36 Phoenicis

• 339 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:48 PM

I've been having the same issue, I use tazarotene and have noticed it makes my skin very dry. I also use salicylic acid wipes after showering and before bed. I will give the wipes a rest and try to find a more moisturising alcohol free sun screen. It's really done wonders for my skin, my pores are smaller and clearer. The dry skin has however caused some fin wrinkles near my eyes. 

#37 Clacksberg

• 138 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:25 PM

Is there a radicle difference between 26 and 23 lol - bit xtra bulk maybe..

• dislike x 1

#38 Clacksberg

• 138 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:28 PM

Dermastamp?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users