• 87 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:53 AM

.-.

Attached Files

• Attached File  125.jpg   258.8KB   35 downloads

#3 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:58 AM

What's your height? How much calorie (%) do you restrict? For how long have you been on CR?

Edited by forever freedom, 24 May 2009 - 06:59 AM.

#4 ozmonster

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:27 AM

36 years
75 inches
172 pounds

moderate activity
vegetarian with dairy
raw (with exception of milk, coffee and protein powder)

CR:
36% reduction of calories
1850 k/cal per day
40% fresh or dried fruit
30% walnuts, almonds or peanuts
30% protein powder, ON 100% whey & ON Pro Complex
eat every 4-5 hours

ON:
omega 3
vitamin D
grape seed extract
methyl b12
alpha lupoic acid
folic acid
ON BCAA
ON Amino 2222
super nutrition multi (1/4 dose)

CR 11-12 months, hardcore for 7-8 months

Edited by ozmonster, 24 May 2009 - 07:32 AM.

#5 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:58 AM

Just a few questions:

1. Are you benching?

2. Do you do anything for lats, e.g. wide grip chin-ups?

3. Are you doing any kind of rowing exercise?

#6 ozmonster

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:09 AM

no weight lifting.

pull-ups, push ups, bar dips only.

#7 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:01 PM

Well with 1850 cal. per day i'm impressed that you've got these muscles, since most people i see on CR appear to be giant 11 year olds. This is inspiring, since i didn't want to lose all my muscle mass with CR. My height is 76 inches (or 6'4'') and i weight 182 lb. I hope i get kinda like you after i start CR.

What was your weight before you started CR and how many calories did you consume?

#8 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:13 AM

You're lookin good, Oz. If I understand your diet percentages correctly, it seems pretty high on fruit and nuts. Do you eat any vegetables? How long have you been eating raw?

#9 ozmonster

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:22 AM

Well with 1850 cal. per day i'm impressed that you've got these muscles, since most people i see on CR appear to be giant 11 year olds. This is inspiring, since i didn't want to lose all my muscle mass with CR. My height is 76 inches (or 6'4'') and i weight 182 lb. I hope i get kinda like you after i start CR.

ty. I think the difference is my increased protein intake. most CR's get lost in some foolish micronutrient obsession. The most important thing is to get enough protein to maintain lean muscle mass. Look above to my regiment. If you immulate, you will see similar results. I have no doubts. lmk if you have any more questions.

What was your weight before you started CR and how many calories did you consume?

Most of my adult life, I have hovered around 200 lbs. I was caught up in the carb load insulin spike circle. As a result of destructive binges of sport eating, I could put on 20 lbs in a couple weeks no problem. gallon of ice cream polished in one night, whole box of lucky charms in one sitting, etc. I had major a major carb addiction.

so there is no telling how many calories I would consume but def. way too fucking many!

I think I was about 220 this time last year, just before starting CR.

[edit] come to think of it, probably 220 at the beginning of 2008 and more like 200 in May 2008.

Edited by ozmonster, 25 May 2009 - 03:26 AM.

#10 ozmonster

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:28 AM

You're lookin good, Oz. If I understand your diet percentages correctly, it seems pretty high on fruit and nuts. Do you eat any vegetables? How long have you been eating raw?

ty, niner. no veggies. raw about a year.

#11 DREXX

• 29 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:20 PM

Nice to see that you maintained some muscle after CR'ing for a year. Good job!

It would be nice to see a picture of you before to put things in perspective.

If one were to add weight lifting I think even more muscle could be maintained on a CR regimen. This is reassuring.

#12 ozmonster

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

Nice to see that you maintained some muscle after CR'ing for a year. Good job!

It would be nice to see a picture of you before to put things in perspective.

If one were to add weight lifting I think even more muscle could be maintained on a CR regimen. This is reassuring.

Thanks. I wish I has a pic of me when I was down to 160 (a few months ago). I looked a little smaller but not much. I will look for a pic with my shirt off this time last year.

I don't think you can tweak much more protein into a CR regime, tho. I am kind of pushing maximum now.

the problem: ketosis.

My ratios are so exact (i do use a scale) that if i increase my protein by just 10g per meal, I will go ketonic unless I also increase my carbs and fat. so you see the rub?

I want to remain strong and powerful, just don't want any more bulk. Like I said, this is me 4 ibs heavy. I am about 170 now. when I get to ideal, I will post another pic to see if there is much of a difference.

#13 Johan

• Guest, F@H
  • 472 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:46 PM

That's pretty impressive. What does your exercise regime look like? How often do you exercise, and for how long each time?

Edited by Johan, 25 May 2009 - 04:01 PM.

#14 ozmonster

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:38 AM

That's pretty impressive. What does your exercise regime look like? How often do you exercise, and for how long each time?

ty.

I really don't have a set routine. I do as many pull-ups, push-ups, and bar-dips as I can. Im not obsessive about it tho (like I am CR). have pull up bar in room. usually multiple sets daily. also play basketball, mountain bike and train martial arts regularly.

I would say I am moderately active. not a couch potato.

Actually, after posting this, I notice areas that could use some work but I can't be bothered to lift weights so who knows if I will address them.

#15 ozmonster

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:15 AM

Hello friends.I'm cristiano from spain.What's your height? How much calorie (%) do you restrict? For how long have you been on CR?

Hola cristiano. bienvenido. 75 cm. 36%. 12 meses.

Edited by niner, 26 May 2009 - 02:20 AM.

#16 ozmonster

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:06 AM

168 lbs. (ideal weight)

Attached Files

• Attached File  168f.jpg   187.58KB   28 downloads
  • Attached File  168l.jpg   126.47KB   27 downloads
  • Attached File  168ff.jpg   264.78KB   25 downloads

#17 ozmonster

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:47 AM

this is me in may 2007. calorie junkie. somewhere around 220 lbs.

Attached Files

#18 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:51 AM

no weight lifting.

pull-ups, push ups, bar dips only.

bah, to bar dips. I think if you benched and did some rockies (very wide grip pull-ups) you'd love the changes.

Perhaps some exercise targeting the rhomboids too, though they are activated with the very wide grip pull ups (like a lat pull down bar but up high and you do pull-ups on it).

Oh and squats- necessary. Have a look at the thread I created about squats where I asked if they were necessary. Lots of very good information from the intelligent people here.

Edited by Ben - Aus, 29 May 2009 - 06:51 AM.

#19 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:52 AM

this is me in may 2007. calorie junkie. somewhere around 220 lbs.

You've lost some serious weight. Respect.

#20 ozmonster

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:12 PM

I'll try that Ben, thanks. im not going to be able to get any bigger tho ... um ... unless I eat more. And that would begin to take me away from the CR lifestyle.

#21 ozmonster

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:32 PM

Updated pics: October 2009 170lbs.

Attached Files

#22 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:06 PM

This is you at about 5% body fat? Doesn't look bad at all. The last time I had mine measured it was 8%, but I think it's slightly lower these days.

My veins are much more visible than yours. I'm kind of getting used to it (well, what else can I do), but still, I wish I could remain thin with less visible veins. It seems to run in the family though.

#23 bluecthulhu

• 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:45 AM

I'm curious... Is there a particular reason that you use both the Whey and the Pro Complex powders instead of all Pro Complex? And what ratio do you use of the 2?

Thanks

#24 ozmonster

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:26 AM

This is you at about 5% body fat?

actually, by my crude calculations, this is me at 6%. I think I hit 5% at 168lbs (previous pics). but as was pointed out in another thread, body fat percentage calculations are all only approximations anyway. so who knows?

#25 ozmonster

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:32 AM

I'm curious... Is there a particular reason that you use both the Whey and the Pro Complex powders instead of all Pro Complex? And what ratio do you use of the 2?

Thanks

ProComplex has protein of multiple varieties including casein. Casein has a slow absorption rate compared to fast absorption of whey. so, whey twice during the day for quick energy and procomplex last meal of day to get me thru sleep.

Edited by ozmonster, 16 December 2009 - 04:33 AM.

#26 Skötkonung

• 1,556 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:28 AM

This is you at about 5% body fat?

actually, by my crude calculations, this is me at 6%. I think I hit 5% at 168lbs (previous pics). but as was pointed out in another thread, body fat percentage calculations are all only approximations anyway. so who knows?

I think your calculations are wrong. You look like somewhere around 8 - 10%. By 8%, we should be seeing vascularity emerging around the lower abs, which appears to be happening in the above picture. Your abs are absent, however. By 6% the vascularity should very pronounced on the chest, arms, and shoulders. Abs should be clearly present. I am not seeing anything like that in the pictures you posted.

This is me at 9%
http://img.photobuck.../0318091507.jpg

Me again, 9%
http://img.photobuck...7187/5WEEKS.jpg

Here are more examples of bodyfat at different levels:

Approximate bodyfat level is 12% More muscle separation appears particularly in the chest and back, outline of the abs begins to appear slightly.
http://forum.bodybui...mp;d=1059941438
http://forum.bodybui...mp;d=1059942187

Approximate bodyfat level is 10%. Muscle separations get deeper in the arms, chest, legs and back, and abs appear when flexed.
http://forum.bodybui...mp;d=1068554724

Approximate bodyfat level is 7-9%. Abs are clearly visible all the time, vascularity in arms is prominent, chest and back separation is obvious, and face is starting to appear more angular.
http://forum.bodybui...mp;d=1052741270
http://forum.bodybui...mp;d=1067793911

Approximate bodyfat level is 5-7%. Striations appear in large muscle groups when they are flexed. You look small in clothes, but look fantastic when you're not. Vascularity appears in lower abdomen and in the legs. Condition can be held for several days with careful dieting. Competitive bodybuilders often aim for this state for competition day
http://forum.bodybui...mp;d=1063572548
http://forum.bodybui...mp;d=1027498129
http://forum.bodybui...mp;d=1069531013

Approximate bodyfat level is 3-5% . Muscles and tendons begin to appear in the face when chewing, striations appear everywhere and vascularity appears everywhere. Bodyfat levels are close to 3% and subcutaneous water levels are near 0. Condition can only be held for a few hours at a time. Not a healthy condition to stay in due to lower water level.
http://forum.bodybui...mp;d=1071062790

Caliper testing is notoriously inaccurate, especially when there are few points being tested and body mass is low. If you are using one of those electronic scales, the accuracy is even less.

Edited by Skotkonung, 16 December 2009 - 05:30 AM.

#27 ozmonster

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:27 AM

I think your calculations are wrong. You look like somewhere around 8 - 10%. By 8%, we should be seeing vascularity emerging around the lower abs, which appears to be happening in the above picture. Your abs are absent, however. By 6% the vascularity should very pronounced on the chest, arms, and shoulders. Abs should be clearly present. I am not seeing anything like that in the pictures you posted.

You may be right on my numbers. I definitely see more vascularity in the pics you posted.

I just don't know how helpful it is to compare me to those pics. Here's why.

I am not a body builder by any stretch of the imagination. I do couple sets max of pull-ups, push ups, and bar dips daily. no weights. no abs.

I remember when I was weightlifting, I was more vascular even though i was fatter.

At 168lbs and below, my skin is very thin in places that typically have the most subcutaneous fat: thighs, belly, love handles, lower back, upper arms.

Also, if you notice in these pics, except where my guns are on display :-D, I am not flexing.

I am keeping open the possibility that I am underestimating. Thanks for the post.

#28 Skötkonung

• 1,556 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:51 AM

You may be right on my numbers. I definitely see more vascularity in the pics you posted.

I just don't know how helpful it is to compare me to those pics. Here's why.

I am not a body builder by any stretch of the imagination. I do couple sets max of pull-ups, push ups, and bar dips daily. no weights. no abs.

I remember when I was weightlifting, I was more vascular even though i was fatter.

At 168lbs and below, my skin is very thin in places that typically have the most subcutaneous fat: thighs, belly, love handles, lower back, upper arms.

Also, if you notice in these pics, except where my guns are on display :-D , I am not flexing.

I am keeping open the possibility that I am underestimating. Thanks for the post.

Perhaps, but I would expect to see more definition on your abdominal muscles if you are indeed at a lower bodyfat percentage, unless of course they are just very under developed, in which case you need to exercise a little more.

#29 SATANICAT

• 128 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:04 AM

Do you have scoliosis or misaligned hips? Because, it looks like you're leaning to your right in both of your sets of pictures. If you get headaches a lot the probability is high. Also, your results are inspiring.

#30 CobaltThoriumG

• 256 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:02 PM

I find it very impressive that you're able to maintain a body weight of 168 at 1850 calories/day. I maintain that body weight, at 3" shorter than you, one year younger, a little more muscle for my frame, and about the same body fat, at a strictly controlled 2600 calories/day, which is consistent with the Harris-Benedict equation. If I ate 1850 calories/day, and did the kinds of physical activity you do, I'd probably weigh under 140.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users