Photo
- - - - -

Question for Eva

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:51 AM

Hi Eva, thanks for your time and effort.

I have a ZiO TiO2 blend powder for self preparation. Is there a way to diminish the whitening effect, as these mineral filters are really not suited for social settings. Would dying/toning/covering the powder defeat the purpose?

you can add colourants in powder forms like Iron Oxides.

#32 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:54 AM

Eva I have a question about Avene Emulsion spf40. I spotted some on Ebay for about 15$ and am wanting to grab it but am wondering if I should be weary of the possibility of the filters being destroyed by the heat in transit, since it is summer in the U.S still. It would be arriving from Ireland. I also saw some Bioderma Minerale which I am considering but it is a couple dollars more. Would the Bioderma have a better chance of surviving the heat undamaged than the Avene Emulsion? Also, which is better for sensitive, tretinoin treated skin?

Bioderma Minerale is better for Tretinoin treated irritated skin. Physical philters also tend to withstand heat much much better.
Though I would only buy any chemicals from a trusted company. Maybe you are better off buying sunscreen from an authorized dealer paying more but getting genuine products.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:35 AM

Eva I have a question about Avene Emulsion spf40. I spotted some on Ebay for about 15$ and am wanting to grab it but am wondering if I should be weary of the possibility of the filters being destroyed by the heat in transit, since it is summer in the U.S still. It would be arriving from Ireland. I also saw some Bioderma Minerale which I am considering but it is a couple dollars more. Would the Bioderma have a better chance of surviving the heat undamaged than the Avene Emulsion? Also, which is better for sensitive, tretinoin treated skin?

Bioderma Minerale is better for Tretinoin treated irritated skin. Physical philters also tend to withstand heat much much better.
Though I would only buy any chemicals from a trusted company. Maybe you are better off buying sunscreen from an authorized dealer paying more but getting genuine products.

I've seen this on frenchcosmeticsforless.com and think I will go for it. Authorized retailer or not.
Posted Image

#34 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:31 PM

I purchased the Bioderma Mineral spf50+ and am very impressed with the texture and feel of the product. The only thing that bothers me is the removal process. I am currently not using soap to clean my skin due to tretinoin use=skin irritation when using soap. I am using something called 'careone gentle skin cleanser' (basically the same thing as cetaphil skin cleanser) which is suppose to be 'as gentle as water' on the skin, at least till I await my order of Eucerin Gentle hydrating cleanser (yes, I had to actually order this as they did not sell it in my local supermarket, unbelievable in New York!!).

Anyway it took me about 10 minutes in the shower to remove the sunscreen today and I had to scrub my face harder than I would otherwise like to, leaving it red for an hour afterwards. What is your own method of removing physical sunscreens? What I did was use La Roche Posay Rosalaic make up remover first, then the forementioned skin cleanser with a wash cloth. Maybe the skin cleanser isn't working, but I would have thought the make up remover would since it works at easily removing Bare Escentuals mineral foundation.

Edited by TheFountain, 06 September 2009 - 10:32 PM.

#35 nancyd

• 249 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:54 PM

I recommend DHC cleansing oil for removing resistant sunscreen. You could make your own cleansing oil to save money. I prefer the DHC to homemade though.

#36 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:09 PM

I recommend DHC cleansing oil for removing resistant sunscreen. You could make your own cleansing oil to save money. I prefer the DHC to homemade though.

Is it alright for tretinoin treated skin? If so I will give it a try.

#37 nancyd

• 249 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:03 AM

Yes it's gentle.

#38 zsuzsanna

• 10 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:57 AM

I use the new Bioderma Photoderm Sensitive, has a pretty nice ingredient list:

WATER (AQUA), DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE, OCTOCRYLENE, BUTYLOCTYL SALICYLATE, METHYLENE BIS-BENZOTRIAZOLYL TETRAMETHYLBUTYLPHENOL, BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE, BIS-ETHYLHEXYLOXYPHENOL METHOXYPHEBYL TRIAZINE, C20-22 ALKYL PHOSPHATE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG 100 STEARATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, RHAMNOSE, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, LAMINARIA OCHROLEUCA EXTRACT, CREATINE, GLYCYRRHETINIC ACID, NIACINAMIDE, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, TOCOTRIENOLS, TOCOPHEROL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN OIL, EPIGALLOCATECHIN GALLATE, C20-22 ALCOHOLS, DECYL GLUCOSIDE, XANTHAN GUM, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CITRIC ACID, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM, HYDROXYDE, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENISIN.

#39 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:35 PM

I purchased the Bioderma Mineral spf50+ and am very impressed with the texture and feel of the product. The only thing that bothers me is the removal process. I am currently not using soap to clean my skin due to tretinoin use=skin irritation when using soap. I am using something called 'careone gentle skin cleanser' (basically the same thing as cetaphil skin cleanser) which is suppose to be 'as gentle as water' on the skin, at least till I await my order of Eucerin Gentle hydrating cleanser (yes, I had to actually order this as they did not sell it in my local supermarket, unbelievable in New York!!).

Anyway it took me about 10 minutes in the shower to remove the sunscreen today and I had to scrub my face harder than I would otherwise like to, leaving it red for an hour afterwards. What is your own method of removing physical sunscreens? What I did was use La Roche Posay Rosalaic make up remover first, then the forementioned skin cleanser with a wash cloth. Maybe the skin cleanser isn't working, but I would have thought the make up remover would since it works at easily removing Bare Escentuals mineral foundation.

I find La Roche-Posay Lipikar Syndet gel a very good option. It cleanses excellently without rubbing the skin additionally it is fragrance and colourant free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users