Photo

Ferulic Acid Containing Product

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#31 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:17 PM

You keep raising side issues to attempt to obscure this fact, but the fact remains: you are giving very bad advice.

maxwatt, just to remind you, this is what you wrote three days ago:

A Polish forum contributor gave the contents from a label of the Longev. sold in Poland. I would characterize it as ferulic acid, followed by over 200 mg quercetin, and 100 mg resveratrol. If you want to know exactly, google the forums for us.

I searched Polish, and then you said no, it was Swedish. But the Swede never said how much ferulic acid is in longevinex. Once again, as when you said you doubted Sinclair took Longevinex very long (then said maybe to the end of 2006, three years) you are just making stuff up.

So tell us, how much ferulic acid is in Longevinex.

(ETA: once again, I'm not giving advice, so stop twisting my words.)

Edited by Holmes, 13 July 2009 - 02:21 PM.

#32 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:00 PM

maxwatt, just to remind you, this is what you wrote three days ago:

A Polish forum contributor gave the contents from a label of the Longev. sold in Poland. I would characterize it as ferulic acid, followed by over 200 mg quercetin, and 100 mg resveratrol. If you want to know exactly, google the forums for us.

I searched Polish, and then you said no, it was Swedish. But the Swede never said how much ferulic acid is in longevinex. Once again, as when you said you doubted Sinclair took Longevinex very long (then said maybe to the end of 2006, three years) you are just making stuff up.

So tell us, how much ferulic acid is in Longevinex.

(ETA: once again, I'm not giving advice, so stop twisting my words.)

Regarding Polish versus Swedish, my mistake. Sorry about that. It does not affect the point.

Any ferulic acid in L. is too much if there is a possibility of a tumor involved. The exact amount is irrelevant to this point. We know it contains enough to be listed ont he label.

And you have twice recommended giving L. with ferulic acid to a dog with tumors (see this post).

I think in your case because your dog is small, I'd stick with Longevinex or find out how much of the three to give buy separately and mix in order to save money. (I assume mixing the three would be as effective, but I don't know that for sure.)

I think if I had a larger dog with cancer I'd give the first 500mg or so in Longevinex and if you wanted to give a full gram or more, add 500mg (or more) of 98% resv.

Recommending ferulic acid for cancer is and continues to be bad advice.

Edited by maxwatt, 13 July 2009 - 03:08 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#33 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:27 PM

First, I'm not giving advice, although if I or a pet had cancer I'd try high dosages of resv and cover my bases by going up to 500mg of longev. Second, for breast and liver cancer, it looks like it helps, not hurts. Of course, it is still unknown.

Third, OK, your memory was off --Sweden and not Poland, but where in that post does it say anything about the amount of ferulic acid in lonquercetin?

Finally, why isn't anyone trying a study of giving 2g or 5g of resveratrol to cancer patients? To my knowledge, Glaxo's SRT501 is the only drug in trials, and that is a blend -- not just pure resv. One would think if it had potential there would be a trial almost 3 years after 98% pure resv became available. Seems odd.

You might think I "don't have an idea" but I have quite a few. In answer to your question "why isn't anyone trying a study of giving 2g or 5g of resveratrol to cancer patients?"
Because the drug companies that back research don't stand to make money from a supplement so therefore they don't back the studies. There's a thriving chemotherapy business they don't want to cut into. That's why they are doing clinical trials for diabetes 2. It won't cut into any existing drug they are currently making money on. Are you incredibly naive or don't you realize that pharmaceutical companies are all about money. That's the bottom line.
And yes, Resveratrol alone cures cancer in animals and there are many studies you can look up at Pubmed that show that. That's why I gave it to my dog...and cured her of cancer when the vet said I should put her down.
I don't know if it will do the same for a person, but I believe if used early enough in the diagnosis it will.
As far as seeming odd, your bickering about ferulic acid is what seems odd to me.
If it promotes angiogenesis, then it wouldn't be appropriate to give to anyone, human or animal, that had a tumor, since that is what feeds the tumor and makes it grow bigger. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. Just like I didn't have to be an oncologist to cure my dog of cancer.

Edited by maxwatt, 14 July 2009 - 10:02 PM.

#34 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:35 PM

Holmes,

many of the press releases state that 3rd generation longevifrack, has ferulic acid. Search for these press releases on google, they are easy to find.

Having said that, they did not mention it when doing the Gene Chip test as shown below:

From: J.L. Barger et al. / Experimental Gerontology 43 (2008) 859–866

The complete formulation of the NCM diet is as follows: giant
knotweed extract (2.5 mg kg-1 day-1, which provided an equivalent
dose of resveratrol as in the RES diet), quercetin dihydrate
(0.31 mg kg-1 day-1), rice bran extract to provide inositol hexaphosphate
(0.94 mg kg-1 day-1), rice bran oil (4.75 mg kg-1 day-1)
and sunflower lecithin (0.69 mg kg-1 day-1).

So one of two things happened if they did not mention it:
1- They changed the formula again since this test, and could be using something different, that may not provide the same results today.
2- The test did not have the full formulation information, which brings up additional questions about the results.

So what is the formula?
If they are currently using the formula from the Gene Chip study we can extract the following if we assume 100mg resveratrol:

100 mg - Reveratrol
12.4 mg - quercetin dihydrate
37.6 mg - inositol hexaphosphate
190 mg - rice bran oil
27.6 mg - sunflower lecithin

So, if Ferulic acid is a by-product of processing rice bran... it may be quite a bit since rice bran oil is the largest part of the formulation. Again, I am assuming they have not changed the formula since the Gene Chip test. As a side note 12.4 mg of quercetin is tiny for folks thinking it is a good thing to take, isn't it?

Cheers
A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 13 July 2009 - 03:52 PM.

#35 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:11 PM

Holmes,

many of the press releases state that 3rd generation longevifrack, has ferulic acid. Search for these press releases on google, they are easy to find.

Having said that, they did not mention it when doing the Gene Chip test as shown below:

From: J.L. Barger et al. / Experimental Gerontology 43 (2008) 859–866

So one of two things happened if they did not mention it:
1- They changed the formula again since this test, and could be using something different, that may not provide the same results today.
2- The test did not have the full formulation information, which brings up additional questions about the results.

So what is the formula?
If they are currently using the formula from the Gene Chip study we can extract the following if we assume 100mg resveratrol:

100 mg - Reveratrol
12.4 mg - quercetin dihydrate
37.6 mg - inositol hexaphosphate
190 mg - rice bran oil
27.6 mg - sunflower lecithin

So, if Ferulic acid is a by-product of processing rice bran... it may be quite a bit since rice bran oil is the largest part of the formulation. Again, I am assuming they have not changed the formula since the Gene Chip test. As a side note 12.4 mg of quercetin is tiny for folks thinking it is a good thing to take, isn't it?

Cheers
A

They have changed the formula since the gene chip study. Their web page lists 150 mg quercetin in the contents,not 12.4, as well as explicitly listing ferulic acid. I would consider continued touting of the gene chip study to be deceptive advertising.

Edited by maxwatt, 13 July 2009 - 05:12 PM.

#36 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:50 PM

12.4mg of quercetin would be absurdly low.

#37 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:19 PM

And you have twice recommended giving L. with ferulic acid to a dog with tumors (see this post).

No, I recommended lonquercetin before knowing ferulic acid was in there. And based on what little is known, ferulic acid may actually against two types of tumors.

you still haven't provided the amount, and that matters.

Edited by maxwatt, 14 July 2009 - 10:03 PM.

#38 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:25 PM

I don't know if it will be on the label Holmes.

Typically things like the amount of Emodin, or Ferulic Acid are not something folks put in labels unless they are pressured to do so. How may resveratrol products show you emodin content?

You take the darn thing, don't you Holmes? Is it on the label?

Cheers
A

#39 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:37 PM

You might think I "don't have an idea" but I have quite a few. In answer to your question "why isn't anyone trying a study of giving 2g or 5g of resveratrol to cancer patients?"
Because the drug companies that back research don't stand to make money from a supplement so therefore they don't back the studies. There's a thriving chemotherapy business they don't want to cut into. That's why they are doing clinical trials for diabetes 2. It won't cut into any existing drug they are currently making money on. Are you incredibly naive or don't you realize that pharmaceutical companies are all about money. That's the bottom line.
And yes, Resveratrol alone cures cancer in animals and there are many studies you can look up at Pubmed that show that. That's why I gave it to my dog...and cured her of cancer when the vet said I should put her down.
I don't know if it will do the same for a person, but I believe if used early enough in the diagnosis it will.
As far as seeming odd, your bickering about ferulic acid is what seems odd to me.
If it promotes angiogenesis, then it wouldn't be appropriate to give to anyone, human or animal, that had a tumor, since that is what feeds the tumor and makes it grow bigger. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. Just like I didn't have to be an oncologist to cure my dog of cancer.

I find it hard to believe that there are not some doctors out there who wouldn't be willing to see if their patients with cancer could be cured with 2 to 5 g of just resveratrol, and do so in a systematic way. There are also many doctors and scientists in other countries.

Can you link to two studies that show resveratrol cured cancer in animals? I haven't seen those.

I'm curious why you ignore the potential for ferulic acid to actually work against two types of tumors.

To Anthony: It says vitamin D 300%, composition (of total product) 365mg and then lists 100mg of trans resveratrol, rice bran phytate and ferulate, quercetin. maxwatt claimed to know the amount, so I'd be curious if he would share that here. The link he provided didn't have that informmation.

Edited by Holmes, 13 July 2009 - 11:41 PM.

#40 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:35 AM

I find it hard to believe that there are not some doctors out there who wouldn't be willing to see if their patients with cancer could be cured with 2 to 5 g of just resveratrol, and do so in a systematic way. There are also many doctors and scientists in other countries.

Can you link to two studies that show resveratrol cured cancer in animals? I haven't seen those.

I'm curious why you ignore the potential for ferulic acid to actually work against two types of tumors.

To Anthony: It says vitamin D 300%, composition (of total product) 365mg and then lists 100mg of trans resveratrol, rice bran phytate and ferulate, quercetin. maxwatt claimed to know the amount, so I'd be curious if he would share that here. The link he provided didn't have that informmation.

There are doctors recommending resveratrol in addition to conventional treatment to their patients. I expect we will be seeing case reports in medical journals one day.

Two links to studies showing efficacy of reseratrol against cancer in animals? The first report was from 1997:

Cancer chemopreventive activity of resveratrol, a natural product derived from grapes.

Jang M, Cai L, Udeani GO, Slowing KV, Thomas CF, Beecher CW, Fong HH, Farnsworth NR, Kinghorn AD, Mehta RG, Moon RC, Pezzuto JM.
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA.
Resveratrol, a phytoalexin found in grapes and other food products, was purified and shown to have cancer chemopreventive activity in assays representing three major stages of carcinogenesis. Resveratrol was found to act as an antioxidant and antimutagen and to induce phase II drug-metabolizing enzymes (anti-initiation activity); it mediated anti-inflammatory effects and inhibited cyclooxygenase and hydroperoxidase functions (antipromotion activity); and it induced human promyelocytic leukemia cell differentiation (antiprogression activity). In addition, it inhibited the development of preneoplastic lesions in carcinogen-treated mouse mammary glands in culture and inhibited tumorigenesis in a mouse skin cancer model. These data suggest that resveratrol, a common constituent of the human diet, merits investigation as a potential cancer chemopreventive agent in humans.
PMID: 8985016

This study "Role of Resveratrol in Prevention and Therapy of Cancer:Preclinical and Clinical Studies" by Aggarwal et al, summarizes the in vivo studies as of 2004, and summarizes the various metabolic pathways involved. One fact stands out: Resveratrol exerts much of it's beneficial effect against tumors by inhibiting angiogenesis. You have recommended using a ferulic acid containing supplement for a canine's cancerous tumor, and ferulic acid is known to stimulate angiogenesis, which would have the opposite effect of resveratrol, and would be expected to make the tumor grow by improving its blood supply. THIS IS BAD ADVICE.

The in vitro studies you cited to show a putative benefit of ferulic acd on cancer are meainngless, dealing with cell cultures that originated from tumors. I can design such a study and show that anything kills cancer cells. Just use enough of it. A tumor in an animal is another matter.

BS is not providing the current formulation of his Pill in complete detail. He is required to list ferulic acid on the label, however, by the FDA, so we know it's in there.

Edited by maxwatt, 15 July 2009 - 03:24 AM.

#41 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:57 AM

I find it hard to believe that the vets who saw my dog was cured of cancer were totally not-interested in trying resveratrol on other animals. In fact they were so shocked at Minni's recovery I think they wanted to believe she was just in remission. None of them, except for an intern at AMC, were even interested in knowing about resveratrol. One of them tried to convince me I shouldn't give it to her because if it hasn't been approved by the FDA, it's dangerous. They're so ignorant. They are not there to cure animals of cancer with a harmless supplement. They are there to make money selling expensive drugs as they were taught to do in their pharmaceutically funded schools. They can't make any money with resveratrol.

Just go to pubmed and type in resveratrol and cancer and you will see hundreds of them.

I've answered within your quote.

#42 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:08 AM

missminni,

Can't you link two convincing studies out of the hundreds on there? They would show X% of mice, etc had tumors eradicated with just resveratrol.

Still would like maxwatt to tell us how much ferulic acid is in longevn. he said that was the main ingredient yet can't be based on the label. 365mg = 100mg resveratrol + 150mg quercetin leaves 115mg of "other" including IP6 and vitamin D.

I did see a British study on pubmed that didn't find resveratrol to be effective against a type of cancer (colon? I forget...) but it also said maybe the dose was too low.

Edited by Holmes, 14 July 2009 - 02:10 AM.

#43 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:31 AM

missminni,

Can't you link two convincing studies out of the hundreds on there? They would show X% of mice, etc had tumors eradicated with just resveratrol.

Still would like maxwatt to tell us how much ferulic acid is in longevn. he said that was the main ingredient yet can't be based on the label. 365mg = 100mg resveratrol + 150mg quercetin leaves 115mg of "other" including IP6 and vitamin D.

I did see a British study on pubmed that didn't find resveratrol to be effective against a type of cancer (colon? I forget...) but it also said maybe the dose was too low.

See this post http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=335158 for links to studies showing in vivo effectiveness of resveratrol on animals.

I apologize if I misremembered the post showing the label information on Longtubintex. My memory is not perfect, and I corrected my statement when I had more information. Ther is according to the label, ferulic acid in Longituedx, amount unspecified as part of a proprietary formula. But I will now answer your question on how much Ferulic acid is in Longitepes: too much. It is on the label, causes angiogenesis, which is bad news for cancer. You have given bad advice, to use a ferulic acid containing supplement for cancer. You give bad advice. You also lie about it, denying you ever said it, in this, the same thread where you gave the advice in two different posts. You have repeatedly proven unable to absorb new facts or change your position. This is the definition of "incorrigible." You are incorrigible.

You have given bad advice. You have lied about it. These are incontrovertible facts, not an ad hominum attack.

#44 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:33 PM

See this post http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=335158 for links to studies showing in vivo effectiveness of resveratrol on animals.

I apologize if I misremembered the post showing the label information on Longtubintex. My memory is not perfect, and I corrected my statement when I had more information. Ther is according to the label, ferulic acid in Longituedx, amount unspecified as part of a proprietary formula. But I will now answer your question on how much Ferulic acid is in Longitepes: too much. It is on the label, causes angiogenesis, which is bad news for cancer. You have given bad advice, to use a ferulic acid containing supplement for cancer. You give bad advice. You also lie about it, denying you ever said it, in this, the same thread where you gave the advice in two different posts. You have repeatedly proven unable to absorb new facts or change your position. This is the definition of "incorrigible." You are incorrigible.

You have given bad advice. You have lied about it. These are incontrovertible facts, not an ad hominum attack.

I didn't lie about anything.

I said if my dog had cancer Id start with Lonquercetexx and then add just resveratrol after 500mg because it is a blend and may have something that just resveratrol alone doesn't. You said you consider Lonquercetin to be ferulic acid plus some resveratrol:

"A Polish forum contributor gave the contents from a label of the Longev. sold in Poland. I would characterize it as ferulic acid, followed by over 200 mg quercetin, and 100 mg resveratrol. If you want to know exactly, google the forums for us."

OK, so I searched but the guy was from Sweden. Morever, it isn't over 200mg of quercetin as you claimed, but 150mg. Furthermore, since there is 365mg total and 100mg is resveratrol, ferulic acid isn't close to being the top ingredient as you claimed.

You say it contains "too much" yet you won't even tell us how much is in there. According to studies ferulic acid may have an antitumor effect in cases of liver cancer and breast cancer.

missminni claims hundreds of studies show that resveratrol cures cancer in animals yet neither her nor you can provide one link.

This is the resveratrol used on pets thread, right?
So can one of you please link just two studies that shows resveratrol cured cancer in an animal? That should take about 60 seconds if they exist.

I'm sure everyone reading this would appreciate it.

Edited by maxwatt, 14 July 2009 - 10:04 PM.

#45 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:06 PM

I didn't lie about anything.

I said if my dog had cancer Id start with Lonquercetinx and then add just resveratrol after 500mg because it is a blend and may have something that just resveratrol alone doesn't. You said you consider Lonquercetinx to be ferulic acid plus some resveratrol:

"A Polish forum contributor gave the contents from a label of the Longev. sold in Poland. I would characterize it as ferulic acid, followed by over 200 mg quercetin, and 100 mg resveratrol. If you want to know exactly, google the forums for us."

OK, so I searched but the guy was from Sweden. Morever, it isn't over 200mg of quercetin as you claimed, but 150mg. Furthermore, since there is 365mg total and 100mg is resveratrol, ferulic acid isn't close to being the top ingredient as you claimed.

You say it contains "too much" yet you won't even tell us how much is in there. According to studies ferulic acid may have an antitumor effect in cases of liver cancer and breast cancer.

missminni claims hundreds of studies show that resveratrol cures cancer in animals yet neither her nor you can provide one link.

This is the resveratrol used on pets thread, right?
So can one of you please link just two studies that shows resveratrol cured cancer in an animal? That should take about 60 seconds if they exist.

I'm sure everyone reading this would appreciate it.

You are unbelievable...I gave you the link to pubmed and told you to put in the words "cancer and resveratrol" and hundreds of studies would come up for you to see. I told you that because that's what happens when you enter in those two words at pubmed. But you are either too stupid or too lazy to do that. I do not have the time to do your damn homework. The studies are there at Pubmed/NIH, a government agency, by the hundreds. Or maybe it's that you love to argue. You are most obnoxious in your arguments and I don't know what you are trying to prove, but stop telling people to use a product wtih ferulic acid in it to help dogs with cancer. You are doing them harm by promoting that. Don't you frickin' get it?

Edited by maxwatt, 14 July 2009 - 10:05 PM.

#46 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:29 PM

Wow, I wake up the next morning...and I missed all the action. ;)

Well, I am not going to add anything, just a quick summary from what I can gather from the posts above:

1- Longevifark has ferulic acid according to the BS (his initials... no, don't let your mind wander now..) press releases, we just don't know how much.
2- The Gene Chip formulation is not the same formulation currently sold by Lo0ngivharp, even though they use this Gene Chip results to promote their product.
3- Ferulic acid is not on the label, which maybe a problem with the FDA/FTC, if Longoofycrap uses it and promotes it in a press release and it is not found in the label at all.
4- There is a ridiculous amount of resveratrol studies in Google Scholar and PubMED, and no one knows how to filter the results. :|o
5- Holmes loves spelling company names out for Adwords, SEO, etc purposes.
6- Holmes agrees that the Gene Chip formulation and the current formulation are different, and doesn't care...

Did I miss anything?

A

#47 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:01 PM

Wow, I wake up the next morning...and I missed all the action. ;)

Well, I am not going to add anything, just a quick summary from what I can gather from the posts above:

1- Longevifark has ferulic acid according to the BS (his initials... no, don't let your mind wander now..) press releases, we just don't know how much.
2- The Gene Chip formulation is not the same formulation currently sold by Lo0ngivharp, even though they use this Gene Chip results to promote their product.
3- Ferulic acid is not on the label, which maybe a problem with the FDA/FTC, if Longoofycrap uses it and promotes it in a press release and it is not found in the label at all.
4- There is a ridiculous amount of resveratrol studies in Google Scholar and PubMED, and no one knows how to filter the results. :|o
5- Holmes loves spelling company names out for Adwords, SEO, etc purposes.
6- Holmes agrees that the Gene Chip formulation and the current formulation are different, and doesn't care...

Did I miss anything?

A

Yes, you miss the one where holmes said I was putting words in his mouth about recommending a ferulic acid containing product for cancer.
You missed that ferulic acid is on the contents list on the website that Longevicrapetinquerferuk runs. I believe it is on the label too, but amount is unspecified.

You missed the fact that both Swedish and Polish women tend to be big and blond. It distracts me so I have trouble distinguishing the countries.

PS: All reference to Lonquercetex have been changed to Lonquercetex. If google-bombing is Homey's raison d'etre here, that's over.

Edited by maxwatt, 14 July 2009 - 10:15 PM.

#48 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:43 PM

You are unbelievable...I gave you the link to pubmed and told you to put in the words "cancer and resveratrol" and hundreds of studies would come up for you to see. I told you that because that's what happens when you enter in those two words at pubmed. But you are either too stupid or too lazy to do that. I do not have the time to do your damn homework. The studies are there at Pubmed/NIH, a government agency, by the hundreds. Or maybe it's that you love to argue. You are most obnoxious in your arguments and I don't know what you are trying to prove, but stop telling people to use a product wtih ferulic acid in it to help dogs with cancer. You are doing them harm by promoting that. Don't you frickin' get it?

What do you mean "to do your damn homework"? This is a thread on resveratrol and pets where cancer is the major theme. Once again, please link just two of the studies. Or why doesn't maxwatt, Anthony or niner do it? They put up studies all the time. You'd think a dramatic one or two on reesveratrol curing cancer in animals would be worth showing.

maxwatt, who claimed lonquercetin is mostly ferluic acid along with some resveratrol and quercetin, won't tell us how much is even in there. Basic math indicates he was off by a mile with that statement.

This is the same maxwatt who claimed a few times he doubted Sinclair took lonquercetix very long, yet finally said he thought Sinclair stopped in late 2006. Hmmm... That would be three years, and maxwatt knew of the article where the email to the immortality institute as soon as it appeared since he commented on it. "not very long" v. "until 2006"

Those seem like contradictory statements, don't they?

Edited by maxwatt, 15 July 2009 - 12:16 AM.

#49 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:44 AM

What do you mean "to do your damn homework"? This is a thread on resveratrol and pets where cancer is the major theme. Once again, please link just two of the studies. Or why doesn't maxwatt, Anthony or niner do it? They put up studies all the time. You'd think a dramatic one or two on reesveratrol curing cancer in animals would be worth showing.

maxwatt, who claimed longevinex is mostly ferluic acid along with some resveratrol and quercetin, won't tell us how much is even in there. Basic math indicates he was off by a mile with that statement.

This is the same maxwatt who claimed a few times he doubted Sinclair took longevinex very long, yet finally said he thought Sinclair stopped in late 2006. Hmmm... That would be three years, and maxwatt knew of the article where the email to the immortality institute as soon as it appeared since he commented on it. "not very long" v. "until 2006"

You seem to have a personal ax to grind and because of that you are missing the point.
Don't tell people to give a product with ferluic acid to their pets that have cancer or else we will have to
change you name to "Holmes the animal killer".
Are you having a problem doing a search on Pub Med Link? Or are you just starved for attention? Here's one "Resveratrol, but not EGCG, in the diet suppresses DMBA-induced mammary cancer in rats"
and here's two-"Suppression of prostate cancer growth by resveratrol in the transgenic rat for adenocarcinoma of prostate "Now shut up and go away.

#50 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:49 AM

maxwatt, who claimed lonquercetin is mostly ferluic acid along with some resveratrol and quercetin, won't tell us how much is even in there. Basic math indicates he was off by a mile with that statement.

This is the same maxwatt who claimed a few times he doubted Sinclair took lonquercetix very long, yet finally said he thought Sinclair stopped in late 2006. Hmmm... That would be three years, and maxwatt knew of the article where the email to the immortality institute as soon as it appeared since he commented on it. "not very long" v. "until 2006"

I did link to two studies showing the effectiveness of resveratrol in animals. You seem to be posting so quickly you don't have time to read what people are saying before you reply. Go back and look.

A standard rhetorical ploy is to focus on minor inconsistencies in another's statements to shift the topic to a dispute on inconsequential details. It is a combination of "changing the subject" and the "fallacy of distraction".

The fact remains that Lonquercetinx contains ferulic acid, an inducer of angiogenesis and thus a probable tumor promoter. The website and the bottle label lists the ingredient ferulic acid as part of the "patent pending composition." It is in there, in a not insignificant amount. They have to name the ingredient by law if they use it. Recommending this product for a dog with cancer is bad advice. Denying one has recommended it when it is there in black and white in two different posts is what? A lie? Or early onset Alzheimer's?

This has gone on long enough, I no longer find it amusing, and the topic has strayed into uselessness. Topic closed.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#51 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:51 AM

This is being moved from Resveratrol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users