- - - - -

What is the correct dosage?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 newshadow

• 28 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:39 AM

So let me get this right...

1- Your first post asks about a link to his statement about "5 Grams" a day.
2- I then provide the link and the quote.
3- You proceed to tell me that the reporter has it all wrong, because he doesn't mention endorsement of Vivix?

Interesting form of denial...

Ok, let's test this theory by going to the Video:
================================================

On April 1st, 2008.Barbara Walters did an interview with Dr. Sinclair.
Dr. Sinclair stated that she would need to drink about 1000 bottles of red wine a day. Not 10 bottles, or 10 glasses of wine, but simply 1,000 bottles of wine a day.

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

================================================
Now there isn't just one Video...nope. Here is the second video made 9 months later.

On January 25th, 2009. 60 Minutes did a new interview with Dr. Sinclair.
In this interview he again states that a typical person would need to drink 1000 bottles of red wine a day to get the resveratrol needed.

http://www.cbsnews.c...ch/?id=4752354n

True, 1000 bottles of wine is not exactly 5 grams. But the fact remains, he either is advocating more than 500mg or two videos have it wrong, along with the reporter, regarding how much Dr. Sinclair stated.

I believe that this reporter did not screw up the quote regarding 5 grams, taken from Dr. Sinclair.

Cheers
A

So my question is this - just how much resveratrol is in 1000 bottles of red wine???

That is not the only question.Is he referring only to the resveratrol in the redwine or all of the other molecules in the redwine which Longevinex and a number of studies conclude are more effective than resveratro :) l alone.

#32 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:41 AM

According to Longevinex's site Vitamin D increases Resveratrol bioavailability.

That sounds like nonsense. Where's the evidence?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:45 AM

Yeah,oddly enough antioxidants seem to produce joint pain.I am on the ntbha and my knees,neck,elbows and wrists starting creaking,snapping and aching.My guess is it is the antioxidant effect and not the deacetylation that is responsible.Everything that is good for you tastes bad [benfotiamine] or feels bad. :)

Resveratrol is not a particularly good antioxidant. It's essentially an error to place it in the same class as vitamins C and E, lipoic acid, or ntbha. The joint pain is not likely due to either an antioxidant effect nor deacetylation. The best candidate I've heard proposed is aromatase inhibition. Taste is a very poor measure of efficacy of a substance. Things that make you feel bad probably are bad, by and large.

#34 sethian1

• 8 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:38 AM

[quote name='niner' date='Sep 16 2009, 07:46 PM' post='347334']
[quote name='sethian1' post='347300' date='Sep 16 2009, 05:38 PM'] "You could get a DEXA scan to see what your Bone Mineral Density looks like. It's quick and easy, and not terribly expensive as scans go. If you have concerns about osteoporosis, there are pretty good medicines (e.g. Actonel) and supplements that you could take if needed."

I had a bone density scan about a year ago and that's when I started on a few different supplements centering around calcium citrate and vitamin D-3 as well as strontium and some other supplements, and vitamin K-2 to try to alleviate the pernicious effects of warfarin. Now that I've stopped warfarin I'll wait for a while to have another bone scan. All of the drugs I've been prescribed or have read up on not only don't bring new bone growth, but they tend to have rather severe side effects and not very rare ones. The drugs harden the existing bone, and I don't think that hard, unflexible bones are the best way to treat osteoporosis.

#35 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:26 PM

Yeah,oddly enough antioxidants seem to produce joint pain.I am on the ntbha and my knees,neck,elbows and wrists starting creaking,snapping and aching.My guess is it is the antioxidant effect and not the deacetylation that is responsible.Everything that is good for you tastes bad [benfotiamine] or feels bad. :)

Cheers

Please do yourself a favor, and review this thread: Benfotiamine: Cancer Risk? QUIT., Unless You're Diabetic or Have Acute, Frank Thiamine Deficiency

ntBHA has not been demonstrated to actually extend life-span, despite theoretical reasons why it has been expected to do so. I tould also be concerned with questions of purity and even actual chemical identity with most any source selling it.

Resveratrol is at best a weak anti-oxidant. Maybe this is good. Cyanide is a very potent anti-oxidant.

WRT vitabin D3, exposure to light and/or large doses of D3 are used to treat joint pain due to use of anti-aromatases. It was suggested in one of our threads that they would help with joint pain from resveratrol, ig due to anti-aromatase action. I seem to remember reports that it was ineffective for this purpose, and do not recall any positive reports. I think the issue of joint pain and resveratrol is still unresolved with any ertainty.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#36 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:01 PM

Cyanide is a very potent anti-oxidant.

Why yes it is! :)

Durk Pearson: One of the reasons that cyanide kills you is it shorts out a series of free-radical reactions that are supposed to occur in the mitochondria.

Sandy Shaw: Yeah, it's a perfect free-radical quencher!

Durk Pearson: And it will kill you real fast.

Sandy Shaw: Yeah--Kaput!

Edited by pycnogenol, 17 September 2009 - 05:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users