#1 Algear Linebra

• 27 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:55 PM

Just kidding. :)

#2 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 08:40 PM

LOL, this would be crazy tough, opiates are extremely addictive, stay away from them. Smart GHB use and MDMA every 4 months are the only things that are good, all the rest is bad.

Edited by medievil, 18 September 2009 - 08:41 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 NootropicEU

• 214 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:03 PM

LOL, this would be crazy tough, opiates are extremely addictive, stay away from them. Smart GHB use and MDMA every 4 months are the only things that are good, all the rest is bad.

I have been a fan of this substance since I was 13. It was the best thing that has ever happened to me. My memory has improved a lot and I became much more creative.

It may not be a good substance for everyone but it has definately worked for me. Just don't forget to combine it with a choline source.

Does anyone want to remove this thread?

#4 msied

• 88 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:26 PM

I have been a fan of this substance since I was 13. It was the best thing that has ever happened to me. My memory has improved a lot and I became much more creative.

It may not be a good substance for everyone but it has definately worked for me. Just don't forget to combine it with a choline source.

.. which one of the two are you referencing?

#5 NootropicEU

• 214 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:30 PM

Heroin! :)

#6 msied

• 88 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:32 PM

Hopefully Johann won't read this thread. He might take you seriously and order some.

#7 NootropicEU

• 214 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:40 PM

Hopefully Johann won't read this thread. He might take you seriously and order some.

Don't brainwash people with that american anti drug propaganda. We all know that heroin is good for you if taken with a choline source. It is not addictive if you take it with Alpha-GPC. I personally prefer to have a dose before my gym workout daily. :)

Don't you guys think that those MDMA and Heroin as nootropic threads should be deleted?
  • dislike x 1

#8 Johann

• 372 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:42 PM

Or some of the morons that think aspartame is safe.

#9 msied

• 88 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:11 PM

Or some of the morons that think aspartame is safe.

Oh Johann, you card!

#10 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:10 PM

Don't brainwash people with that american anti drug propaganda. We all know that heroin is good for you if taken with a choline source. It is not addictive if you take it with Alpha-GPC. I personally prefer to have a dose before my gym workout daily. :)

Don't you guys think that those MDMA and Heroin as nootropic threads should be deleted?

wtf?why should the MDMA thread be deleted? Everyone should be free to talk about differend substances on this forum.

Edited by medievil, 19 September 2009 - 09:12 PM.

• like x 1

#11 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:27 PM

Everyone should be free to talk about differend substances on this forum.

Yeah! Don't discriminate against differently legal substances!!

#12 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:38 PM

Everyone should be free to talk about differend substances on this forum.

Yeah! Don't discriminate against differently legal substances!!

?
Information should be availible to anyone that wants to learn more even if those substances are illegal, while in fact there is no scientific basis for making those substances illegal (alcohol should be illegal).
Posted Image

http://news.bbc.co.u.../6474053.stm?ls

By the lancet.

Even tough i'm against cocaine, heroine and alcohol i still think we should be able to talk about those things, everyone should be free to share their opinion, and i would lose some respect for this forum if a discussion about this wouldnt be allowed. Altough i would agree with limiting it all into one topic for the interested members.

Edited by medievil, 19 September 2009 - 09:41 PM.

#13 Algear Linebra

• Topic Starter
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:54 PM

What is a nootropic? My personal interpretation is "substances that are cognitive enhancers with minimal side effects".
I have used, and still use, psychedelics for over 15 years, and i'm convinced that they can do amazing things with cognition, especially with abstract thinking. But i don't want to call them nootropics since they can send you to the loony bin if you don't read the manual properly. And there's shitloads of other forums where you can discuss them anyway..

MDMA does not improve your cognition, more like the opposite if anything. It sure has therapeuthic potential, but thats another story. And GHB is just another feelgood GABA drug with incredible abuse potential.
  • Disagree x 1

#14 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:58 PM

What is a nootropic? My personal interpretation is "substances that are cognitive enhancers with minimal side effects".
I have used, and still use, psychedelics for over 15 years, and i'm convinced that they can do amazing things with cognition, especially with abstract thinking. But i don't want to call them nootropics since they can send you to the loony bin if you don't read the manual properly. And there's shitloads of other forums where you can discuss them anyway..

MDMA does not improve your cognition, more like the opposite if anything. It sure has therapeuthic potential, but thats another story. And GHB is just another feelgood GABA drug with incredible abuse potential.

I agree they are not nootropics.

#15 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:14 PM

Information should be availible to anyone that wants to learn more even if those substances are illegal, while in fact there is no scientific basis for making those substances illegal (alcohol should be illegal).

I was kidding, It was a joke. I may have forgotten the smiley.
I'll have you know that I'm generally pro-legalization.

#16 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:25 PM

I was kidding, It was a joke. I may have forgotten the smiley.
I'll have you know that I'm generally pro-legalization.

Allright :)

#17 StrangeAeons

• Guest, F@H
  • 732 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:27 PM

Somebody thinks they're very clever. I actually saw an article in the New England Journal of Medicine lately about the use of diacetylmorphine (read: heroine) for opioid addiction, following the rationale that if they get their fix in a safe setting they won't get any impurities, there will be medical supervision to treat any effects of overdose, and they won't be wandering around jonesing and shaking, trying to steal stuff... OK I might have added the last part. Still, it was surprisingly effective, in many ways equal to methadone; there were also no deaths in the heroine group, which is more than could be said for the methadone.
That little tidbit aside, this joke should probably be relocated to Free Speech or at the very least Unrelated to Life Extension

#18 mdma

• 102 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:51 PM

Everyone that i know of who are regular heroin users all agreed they started it for cognition improvement. And they just kept it in their diet because it helped them with focus and memory.

I might actually replace my Piracetam with heroin if its cheaper.

if you think this thread is stupid the MDMA-as-a-nootropic was the stupidest thread ever.

#19 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:02 PM

Everyone that i know of who are regular heroin users all agreed they started it for cognition improvement. And they just kept it in their diet because it helped them with focus and memory.

I might actually replace my Piracetam with heroin if its cheaper.

if you think this thread is stupid the MDMA-as-a-nootropic was the stupidest thread ever.

lol, theres a whole lot of research going on using MDMA to threat post traumatic stress disorder and you call it the stupiedist thread ever, its not for everyone tough that doesnt make it stupid :)

Edited by medievil, 19 September 2009 - 11:11 PM.

#20 mdma

• 102 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:38 PM

Well..I just dont see emotional balance as a cognitive aspect i guess. Of course i know how positive mdma can be on people, its just the title that surprised me...I do clearly know that immediate cognitive fonctions goes by the window when someone takes mdma. Things like short term memory, clear thinking and coming with good ideas dont go too well with mdma as far as i know.

Edited by mdma, 19 September 2009 - 11:56 PM.

#21 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:47 AM

Well..I just dont see emotional balance as a cognitive aspect i guess. Of course i know how positive mdma can be on people, its just the title that surprised me...I do clearly know that immediate cognitive fonctions goes by the window when someone takes mdma. Things like short term memory, clear thinking and coming with good ideas dont go too well with mdma as far as i know.

I agree MDMA is not a nootropic at all and we are discussing it in the wrong section. But the topic starter clearly stated in hes post he doesnt want to use it as a nootropic but as something that could help with traumas, wich it could be usefull for.

#22 StrangeAeons

• Guest, F@H
  • 732 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:26 PM

If you want to nitpick where MDMA for emotional health goes, I suppose it could land under either Lifestyle or Medicine and Diseases (I don't think that would fly unless there were a specific psychiatric condition though). Still a lot of accessory topics end up in the nootropics section, and the Navs don't really bother to touch it because there's so much of it and it can at times be pretty ridiculous.
That said, this little satirical thread definitely belongs in another forum like Free Speech. People who are new to the boards may see the thread topic and be scared away or dismiss the forum without reading the thread, and that's damaging to us as a community.

#23 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 01:59 PM

wtf?why should the MDMA thread be deleted? Everyone should be free to talk about differend substances on this forum.

Because some idiots can not discuss the substances responsibly:

...Smart GHB use and MDMA every 4 months are the only things that are good, all the rest is bad.

• dislike x 1

#24 Blue

• 1,104 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:10 PM

Even if opiates were good nootropics they would likely not do you much good since you will not feel a need to do anything useful with your increased brainpower.

#25 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:31 PM

Because some idiots can not discuss the substances responsibly:

...Smart GHB use and MDMA every 4 months are the only things that are good, all the rest is bad.

Taking MDMA 4 times a year is not responsible? :)

Also GHB is less toxic then alcohol and could have some healt promoting benefits.

Edited by medievil, 20 September 2009 - 02:50 PM.

#26 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:52 PM

If you want to nitpick where MDMA for emotional health goes, I suppose it could land under either Lifestyle or Medicine and Diseases (I don't think that would fly unless there were a specific psychiatric condition though). Still a lot of accessory topics end up in the nootropics section, and the Navs don't really bother to touch it because there's so much of it and it can at times be pretty ridiculous.
That said, this little satirical thread definitely belongs in another forum like Free Speech. People who are new to the boards may see the thread topic and be scared away or dismiss the forum without reading the thread, and that's damaging to us as a community.

Agreed, also merging it all into one topic would be a good idea, i could understand that some ppl arent interested in those substances so differend topics that clutter the forum arent of any use if most of the members are just interested in nootropics. Not allowing discussion at all is a very bad idea tough, i would lose some respect for this forum if discussion wasnt allowed anymore.

#27 Mixter

• 788 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:55 PM

Heroin as a nootropic

The nootropics forum as a resource for useful advice... :p

cough movetofreespech cough

#28 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:59 PM

okay, guys... honestly? I know it's a joke and all, but really? Even though this may just be the nootropic subforum, we are posting under a forum dedicated to life EXTENSION.

i've seen some pretty bogus nootropic questions before, some of which boarderline the absurd. it gets to a point where if any outsider might look in, all they might see is... well... a bunch of glorified junkies. when i check out threads like the "MDMA as a nootropic thread" i wonder if some young kid might take something he reads there seriously and end up hurting himself.

#29 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:57 PM

okay, guys... honestly? I know it's a joke and all, but really? Even though this may just be the nootropic subforum, we are posting under a forum dedicated to life EXTENSION.

i've seen some pretty bogus nootropic questions before, some of which boarderline the absurd. it gets to a point where if any outsider might look in, all they might see is... well... a bunch of glorified junkies. when i check out threads like the "MDMA as a nootropic thread" i wonder if some young kid might take something he reads there seriously and end up hurting himself.

Depends what your viewpoint it, some drugs are never shown to lower lifespan or toxic effects (GBL even makes male rats live longer), for me its all about harm reduction and life enhancement, thats why drugs and nootropics go hand in hand for me.

But really can a mod just merge all topics into one move it to free speech so i hope atleast members stop to post crap into this topic so we can have an interesting discussion?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 mdma

• 102 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:01 PM

Depends what your viewpoint it, some drugs are never shown to lower lifespan or toxic effects (GBL even makes male rats live longer), for me its all about harm reduction and life enhancement, thats why drugs and nootropics go hand in hand for me.

But really can a mod just merge all topics into one move it to free speech so i hope atleast members stop to post crap into this topic so we can have an interesting discussion?

Drugs and nootropics go hand in hand wow thats a great picture

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users