- - - - -

Heroin as a nootropic

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:04 PM

okay, guys... honestly? I know it's a joke and all, but really? Even though this may just be the nootropic subforum, we are posting under a forum dedicated to life EXTENSION.

i've seen some pretty bogus nootropic questions before, some of which boarderline the absurd. it gets to a point where if any outsider might look in, all they might see is... well... a bunch of glorified junkies. when i check out threads like the "MDMA as a nootropic thread" i wonder if some young kid might take something he reads there seriously and end up hurting himself.

Depends what your viewpoint it, some drugs are never shown to lower lifespan or toxic effects (GBL even makes male rats live longer), for me its all about harm reduction and life enhancement, thats why drugs and nootropics go hand in hand for me.

But really can a mod just merge all topics into one move it to free speech so i hope atleast members stop to post crap into this topic so we can have an interesting discussion?

Drugs and nootropics go hand in hand wow thats a great picture

Many nootropic have a neuroprotective effect against MDMA and they also reduce the negative effects, thus making mdma use safer.
At least tell me what is so stupid about all this? I tought this forum was about having intresting discussion but all most members here are doing is scream what kind of idiot i am :p . This really disappointed me why arent you guys respecting a differend viewpoint or atleast discuss with me? You arent even asking more about my viewpoint of all this stuff.

Edited by medievil, 21 September 2009 - 06:05 PM.

#32 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:06 PM

The cognitive and psychomotor effects of morphine in healthy subjects: a randomized controlled trial of repeated (four) oral doses of dextropropoxyphene, morphine, lorazepam and placebo
by
O'Neill WM, Hanks GW, Simpson P, Fallon MT, Jenkins E, Wesnes K
Department of Palliative Medicine,
Bristol Oncology Centre, Bristol, UK.
Pain 2000 Mar; 85(1-2):209-15

ABSTRACT

Ten healthy subjects (four male) of mean age 31 years (range 25-40) took part in a randomized double-blind four-way crossover study to examine the cognitive and psychomotor effects of repeated oral doses of dextropropoxyphene and morphine. Four treatments were compared: dextropropoxyphene napsylate 100 mg, morphine sulphate 10 mg, lorazepam 0.5 mg and placebo. Four doses of each drug were given at 4-h intervals to each subject on four separate study days at least 1 week apart. Cognitive function was assessed using choice reaction time, number vigilance, memory scanning, immediate and delayed word recall, word recognition, picture recognition, critical flicker fusion threshold (CFFT) and subjective measures of alertness, calmness and contentment. Lorazepam impaired the speed of responding on all tasks in which speed was recorded (except digit vigilance) and increased subjective ratings of calmness. Morphine had one major effect, which was to increase the accuracy of responding on the choice reaction time task, at every assessment. Morphine produced some sporadic effects in other tests and an increase in subjective calmness. Dextropropoxyphene impaired performance on choice reaction time and picture recognition. These data show that oral morphine may enhance performance in some measures of cognitive function, whereas dextropropoxyphene (in usual therapeutic doses) seems more likely to cause impairment. Neither opioid has substantial effects on cognition and psychomotor function compared with lorazepam.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:58 AM

Many nootropic have a neuroprotective effect against MDMA and they also reduce the negative effects, thus making mdma use safer.
At least tell me what is so stupid about all this? I tought this forum was about having intresting discussion but all most members here are doing is scream what kind of idiot i am :p . This really disappointed me why arent you guys respecting a differend viewpoint or atleast discuss with me? You arent even asking more about my viewpoint of all this stuff.

your logic is completely haywire. just because a nootropic has neuroprotective effects against something else that's harmful doesn't mean you should go apeshit with the harmful substance.

it's along the same lines as saying "hey, let's all go and have a rattlesnake bite us because we have all of these antidotes!" or "heroin is totally fine to take because even if you get addicted, methadone will fix all of your opiate problems."

as for asking your viewpoint... well, is it something we really need to ask? i mean, you kind of already gave it. "drugs and nootropics go hand in hand for me."

hey, i got a great idea, let's all get run over by cars. I hear hospitals have developed AMAZING technology for minimizing the damage of broken bones!

#34 cmorera

• 168 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:26 AM

Everyone should be free to talk about differend substances on this forum.

Yeah! Don't discriminate against differently legal substances!!

?
Information should be availible to anyone that wants to learn more even if those substances are illegal, while in fact there is no scientific basis for making those substances illegal (alcohol should be illegal).
Posted Image

http://news.bbc.co.u.../6474053.stm?ls

By the lancet.

Even tough i'm against cocaine, heroine and alcohol i still think we should be able to talk about those things, everyone should be free to share their opinion, and i would lose some respect for this forum if a discussion about this wouldnt be allowed. Altough i would agree with limiting it all into one topic for the interested members.

im curious what the negative effects of cannabis are?

#35 Algear Linebra

• Topic Starter
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:02 AM

Well, if you look at heavy users, a very common negative effect seems to be that it takes away your ability to see the other negative effects.

• dislike x 1

#36 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:42 AM

your logic is completely haywire. just because a nootropic has neuroprotective effects against something else that's harmful doesn't mean you should go apeshit with the harmful substance.

it's along the same lines as saying "hey, let's all go and have a rattlesnake bite us because we have all of these antidotes!" or "heroin is totally fine to take because even if you get addicted, methadone will fix all of your opiate problems."

as for asking your viewpoint... well, is it something we really need to ask? i mean, you kind of already gave it. "drugs and nootropics go hand in hand for me."

hey, i got a great idea, let's all get run over by cars. I hear hospitals have developed AMAZING technology for minimizing the damage of broken bones!

Thats completely differend man, Poisen has no benefits at all while mdma can be a life changing experience, so its just looking at wheter the benefits outweigh the dangers, and if you can minimize the dangers if you decide to use MDMA, its everybody's right to use mdma in my opnion.

I also never stated that addiction is a good thing, in fact i warned ppl againt it, hence why i also say mdma should be used a max of 4 times a year, to make sure the downsides wont overshadow any benefits.

GHB on the other hand is an non toxic euphoric drug, the reason to use it is the same as why some ppl drink alcohol, to have fun basicly. I use nootropics to be smarter and i use drugs to have fun.

I also agreed that drugs arent nootropics, so really what is all the madness coming from?

#37 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:52 AM

?
Information should be availible to anyone that wants to learn more even if those substances are illegal, while in fact there is no scientific basis for making those substances illegal (alcohol should be illegal).
Posted Image

By the lancet.

Even tough i'm against cocaine, heroine and alcohol i still think we should be able to talk about those things, everyone should be free to share their opinion, and i would lose some respect for this forum if a discussion about this wouldnt be allowed. Altough i would agree with limiting it all into one topic for the interested members.

It makes you demotivated and can potentiate anxiety, i never smoke week as it makes my anxiety alot worse. But really noone can tell what drugs will be dangerous for you and wich ones wont cause any problems, its differend for every person.

#38 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:36 PM

?
Posted Image

By the lancet.

It makes you demotivated and can potentiate anxiety, i never smoke week as it makes my anxiety alot worse. But really noone can tell what drugs will be dangerous for you and wich ones wont cause any problems, its differend for every person.

let's not forget GABA receptor downregulation!

"everybody's right to use mdma?" no. you have rights confused with freedoms. you have the freedom to use mdma as you wish, not the right. right's are more along the lines of "the right to bear arms" or "right to peaceful protest" and the like. there is no right to MDMA.

i didn't mean to imply you were saying addiction is a good thing. i'm using the same argument base you're using to justify actions with harsh consequences under the logic that consequence reduction nullifies the absurdity of the act itself.

#39 mdma

• 102 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:30 PM

okay, guys... honestly? I know it's a joke and all, but really? Even though this may just be the nootropic subforum, we are posting under a forum dedicated to life EXTENSION.

i've seen some pretty bogus nootropic questions before, some of which boarderline the absurd. it gets to a point where if any outsider might look in, all they might see is... well... a bunch of glorified junkies. when i check out threads like the "MDMA as a nootropic thread" i wonder if some young kid might take something he reads there seriously and end up hurting himself.

Depends what your viewpoint it, some drugs are never shown to lower lifespan or toxic effects (GBL even makes male rats live longer), for me its all about harm reduction and life enhancement, thats why drugs and nootropics go hand in hand for me.

But really can a mod just merge all topics into one move it to free speech so i hope atleast members stop to post crap into this topic so we can have an interesting discussion?

Drugs and nootropics go hand in hand wow thats a great picture

Probably because most of people posting here actually care for the well being of their cerebral functions and overall health, and dont take heavy drugs so therefore they dont need to ask for potential nootropics that would help them to take drugs in any safer way?

And to the guy who was asking the negatives effects of marijuana i hope you feel bad for posting that sentence by now.

Edited by mdma, 22 September 2009 - 06:32 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#40 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:13 PM

?
Posted Image

By the lancet.

let's not forget GABA receptor downregulation!

"everybody's right to use mdma?" no. you have rights confused with freedoms. you have the freedom to use mdma as you wish, not the right. right's are more along the lines of "the right to bear arms" or "right to peaceful protest" and the like. there is no right to MDMA.

i didn't mean to imply you were saying addiction is a good thing. i'm using the same argument base you're using to justify actions with harsh consequences under the logic that consequence reduction nullifies the absurdity of the act itself.

There are no harsh consequences of limited MDMA use, negative effects show up because of abuse (taking MDMA weekly), also MDMA is an incredible experience thats really everyone should have experienced ones.

Edited by medievil, 22 September 2009 - 08:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users