36 replies to this topic

#31 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:25 AM

or just put on 2 x 21mg patches. :)

#32 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:38 PM

I bought CDP-choline and have been taking 2 everyday for like 5 days. Today i took 4 in a day. I don't know why i dont feel it as i have heard it can be felt straight away. I've oticed that concentration has imporved, that could be placebo though.

I second the nicotine patch -- increases vasopressin, also increases dopamine release in the PFC(so does Galantamine). Nicotine patch is cheaper than Galantamine, get it at walmart, take a 7mg patch and cut in half to start with.

I have always wanted to try the nicotine patches mind you. But i have read good reviews about CDP, so im rather confusee why i dont feel it. They come in capsules with white powder that tastes like table salt. I even put some under my tounge for quicker effect but no noticiable effect yet. Do you think it's wise to try to sniff it and see if it works?

This pills don't come cheap either. I will keep faith and wait.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:18 PM

lol, cdp-choline isn't a nootropic you can "physically feel" like psychoactive drugs. you'll notice a change over time, however, if you respond to it.

Edited by Pike, 22 October 2009 - 11:19 PM.

#34 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:33 AM

lol, cdp-choline isn't a nootropic you can "physically feel" like psychoactive drugs. you'll notice a change over time, however, if you respond to it.

Been on it for 2 weeks. Would that be too short time to notice it within?

#35 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:51 AM

Pike may i ask aswell. What would you suggest would be a noticiable nootropic in your opinion apart from piracetam that is safe? And secondly is hyperzine a superior to choline or does it fall short?

Thanls.

#36 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:19 PM

bump:)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#37 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:36 PM

nito: safe has a really broad definition when you talk about nootropics. some noots are safe at some dosages and dangerous at others (i.e selegiline). some noots are safe if cycled, but pose risks if taken too chronically (i.e. sulbutiamine). some noots are safe as long as they're taken on an as-needed basis (desmopressin).

it's all risk assessment, really.

in terms of huperzine... eh. simply put: if you're young, don't use the AChEIs like huperzine, galantamine, etc. young people like us have no real problem converting choline to acetylcholine in our bodies at all, so you don't need to inhibit ACh breakdown if you wanted to see some benefit. In fact, IMO, the AChEIs probably offer a lot more problems than benefits to young people. Just stick with your CDP-Choline. as for how long you should take it, it's a bit of a toss up really. however, imo, i'm starting to believe more and more that 6-weeks seems to be the golden number for just about any supplement, really.

my suggestion? er... well, i suppose Acetyl-L-Carnitine would fall under that criteria. it's pretty safe and haven't really heard too many complaints about it. the only complaints i've heard for alcar is 1) it tastes foul (which it does, but not nearly as foul as some other noots like sulbutiamine or centrophenoxine) and 2) large doses seem to give fishy body odor. but don't take large doses. someone posted up a study somewhere in either this forum or the main supplements forum that suggested the body absorbs less than 500mg at one time. it's relatively cheap and the taste really isn't noticeable at all if you mix it with some citrus juice.

hope that clears some things up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users