• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

What celebrities do YOU want imminst to contact?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#31 CerebralCortex

• 123 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:23 PM

Stephen Jay Gould has been dead for about 7 years now.

#32 alexd

• 106 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:27 PM

Miles Davis

If we do that a lot of questions that humanity has had would be answered.

#33 Vgamer1

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:28 PM

That's embarrassing. I didn't even know who he was. I'll take him off the list. Sorry.

Edited by Vgamer1, 30 October 2009 - 03:06 PM.

#34 Vgamer1

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:39 PM

Great..... I can no longer edit the original post....

Well, I was going to add all the following suggestions you guys made:

Whitley Strieber
Mark Cuban
Sylvester Stallone
Valeri Leontjev
Harrison Ford
Robin Williams
James Burke
David Bowie
Duncan Bannatyne
Cher

Also, Devon has aqcuired contact info for:

Al Pacino
Robin Williams
George Clooney
Harrison Ford

I will try to get editing privileges for the first post and continue to work on getting contact info. Probably over this weekend I'll collect a lot.

Fortunately, I have a running google doc of all these names, so we won't lose track even if I can't edit the first post.

Edited by Vgamer1, 30 October 2009 - 02:50 PM.

#35 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:50 PM

I didnt know. Regards to his fans.

Great men drop like flys. Its like we are working with this cause in the middle of a hollocaust, in the middle of a concentration camp, filled with strangers, and every single person we know or know of.

How could everybodies lives not be about escaping the concentration camp? God I wish I had a megaphone built on to the top of a specially equiped tour bus and a crew of about 20 of us inside and out running it. We could really do some damage to this camp if we did. One day, one day we will be successful in rousing everybody from their complacency in the murderous arena of this concentration camp.

#36 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:12 AM

Heres the names of some of the people behind the History Channel.

Peter Gaffney - Senior Vice President of Programming Strategy, Scheduling and Acquisitions
Chris R. Moseley - Senior Vice President of Marketing
Dolores Gavin - Vice President of Development & Programming
Dirk Hoogstra - Vice President of Development & Programming
Charles Nordlander - Vice President of Development & Programming

Besides the "Thats Impossible" special on Immortality, featuring Aubrey de Grey, the History Channel has really been digging in to angles on the universe. I was just watching another one where they talk about possible life out there. They said that there is some kind of equation that they used to estimate that there are probably millions of other advanced civilizations, just in our galaxy alone. And our galaxy is like one speck of sand on a continent, and thats severely underestimating it. Can you imagine if you could fly to the beaches of North Carolina just to look for one speck of sand, that contained with in it hundreds and hundreds of thousands of advanced civilizations? Imagine how many you would be passing on the way there....

These history channel guys seem to be especially on to one of the main reasons behind life extension, the utter cluelessness that we still reside in as participants of the gravitational field of the planet earth. We are like slugs under a log compared to what all is out there for us. We havent even begun to scratch the surface of what it means to exist. Who wants to be born as a slug and then die under a log, going down with out a fight, when we could fight? Not me. My god, not me.

#37 Mixter

• 788 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:20 PM

Easy mode: Contacting all of the persons in the attached pictures we haven't contacted yet, in the order of $$$, or their respective institutions where existant?

Attached File  50richest.jpg   817.39KB   30 downloads

There are not enough precious metals and commodities for all of the richest to move out of the markets, well even if there was, I'm sure that many of them are looking for alternative investment strategies to preseve their wealth outside of the stock market really hard by now.

#38 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:44 AM

Bruce Dickinson - frontman of Iron Maiden. I've been listening to his solo albums recently and there's a lot of stuff in there that makes me think he's an immortalist. His interviews give me the same idea too. Plus he has a shitload of cash if he ever chooses to support the cause in one way or another.

#39 Singularity

• 138 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:55 AM

Clint Eastwood... duh

#40 CerebralCortex

• 123 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:44 PM

That's embarrassing. I didn't even know who he was. I'll take him off the list. Sorry.

Not at all, all I knew was that he was a respected scientist by the likes of Dawkins and Dennett. Does anyone know Dawkins stance on healthy life extension?

#41 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:48 PM

Randall Munroe of XKCD. See http://www.xkcd.com/667/

#42 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:33 PM

Reese Witherspoon

http://www.exposay.c...ageing-cookies/

http://shine.yahoo.c...-cookie-463566/

#43 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:34 PM

Bruce Dickinson - frontman of Iron Maiden. I've been listening to his solo albums recently and there's a lot of stuff in there that makes me think he's an immortalist. His interviews give me the same idea too. Plus he has a shitload of cash if he ever chooses to support the cause in one way or another.

Yup his song Infinite Dreams is all about reincarnation and living again and again and again...to quote one its lyrics. Sounds like a good choice. Would you like to help out with the project?

#44 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:04 AM

Sounds like a good choice. Would you like to help out with the project?

Possibly. In what way?

#45 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 02:09 PM

Sounds like a good choice. Would you like to help out with the project?

Possibly. In what way?

Basically we need people for writing letters, editing, making cold calls to VIP managers, publicists, and agents...and brainstorming contacts...that's really about it. It's really an easy project we just need more people!

#46 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:51 AM

Writing a letter I can do, but I'd be hesitant to start calling people in the states from Finland.

#47 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:10 PM

jans brought this up. Lets be sure to look in to this: http://www.looktothestars.org/partners

#48 jans

• 75 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:08 PM

jans brought this up. Lets be sure to look in to this: http://www.looktothestars.org/partners

Thanks brokenportal for noticing, too bad I did not see this thread at first. now there is few more ideas on the celebrity subject here - Celebrity involvement in SENS http://www.imminst.o...ENS-t35622.html

#49 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:35 AM

Not sure if someone already mentioned, but - Simon Cowell (X Factor). Guy is on it's way to becoming a billionaire and has a huge auditory. And I somewhat feel that he'd be a pretty good candidate.

Edited by VidX, 19 December 2009 - 03:36 AM.

#50 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:45 AM

Seems like another good candidate (from a passion to live life to it's fullest):

#51 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:52 AM

I cant find where somebody suggested that we contact Suzanne Somers. We are contacting her as part of this months goals. I was just looking up her contact info when I came across this: http://www.suzanneso.../LifeExtension/

Maybe thats why the person recommended her. She supports LEF. She was on the cover of one of their issues. Now that I think about it, I dont know why I didnt make the connection that LEF might be in deep with publicity like this already before. This makes me think all the more that we need to do some serious work on getting and keepings ads for places like us here at imminst in LEF magazine. If you support that then add your encouragement and help and ideas or whatever to the topic about it here.

Lets find other VIPs that support LEF and get them on our list of contact suggestions too.

#52 erzebet

• 195 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:07 PM

Not at all, all I knew was that he was a respected scientist by the likes of Dawkins and Dennett. Does anyone know Dawkins stance on healthy life extension?

he's an atheist, very open-minded and a great scientist, I think he might be interested!

#53 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:27 PM

He might have been, but hes dead now, he was on a 2002 "train car" to the "Dragon Tyrant".

#54 KalaBeth

• 100 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:15 AM

With respect, I think it's not the actors that will make the biggest different - they're already widely perceived as flakes.

The scriptwriters and producers though are another story entirely.

Heck - let's take one example - the last Star Trek movie. Most all the main characters are young hotties who look barely out of high school. "Trek 90210" some folks were calling it.

All it takes is one line thrown off somewhere - "Happy 45th, son" or suchlike - to a character played by a 19 year old and you plant the seed - age needn't mean decay. Characters can believably have more emotional and experiential depth, movie posters can still show the young hotties to draw in the crowd... everybody's happy.

IIRC, a fan once did some math and came up with Mal Reynolds from Firefly being in his 50's at the time of the show.. probably just a continuity error, but it could easily be hand-waved as the same idea (which incidentally means Joss Whedon might not be a bad target hisownself)

For what it's worth, John Ringo's sci-fi books regularly feature a wide array of medical bio- and nano- technology in a fairly plausible background kind of way, with characters easily in their hundreds. Put on or two of those out in film form (even as horrifically twisted as say "Starship Troopers" was from book to film) - and you get ideas out in a way a thousand TED talks or Oprah appearances never will.

#55 sentrysnipe

• 491 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:45 AM

Contact

Dr. Oz
Ashton Kutcher
Demi Moore
Leonardo DiCaprio
Clooney

All those people are active in "humanitarian" and "environmental" causes.

#56 CerebralCortex

• 123 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:23 PM

I think maybe James May of Top Gear fame might be someone from this side of the pond to contact, I don't know if he's into life extension but he is interested in big ideas.

#57 Solarclimax

• 209 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:06 PM

I was looking at Wentworth Miller's wiki page (The guy who plays Michael Scofield in prison break) http://en.wikipedia....entworth_Miller I have seen prison break a few times and always thought this guy looks a couple years older than me. I'm 26. I was shocked to realise he is actually 37. I wonder if his lifestyle in conducive to longevity ? maybe inadvertently ? Or maybe he just eats like average Joe and has great genetics ?
Either way i think it would be good for him to be widely known as someone who shows interest in Life Extension. I think if he was know to be in favour of Life Extension it would generate allot of interest by people wanting to stay youthfull looking

#58 sentrysnipe

• 491 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:08 AM

I was looking at Wentworth Miller's wiki page (The guy who plays Michael Scofield in prison break) http://en.wikipedia....entworth_Miller I have seen prison break a few times and always thought this guy looks a couple years older than me. I'm 26. I was shocked to realise he is actually 37. I wonder if his lifestyle in conducive to longevity ? maybe inadvertently ? Or maybe he just eats like average Joe and has great genetics ?
Either way i think it would be good for him to be widely known as someone who shows interest in Life Extension. I think if he was know to be in favour of Life Extension it would generate allot of interest by people wanting to stay youthfull looking

It's probably because he is part-black. Minorities tend to have thicker skin (unscientific observation).

#59 orion602

• 83 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:56 PM

Matt Groening is twice in the list. but i think hes a good choice

someone suggested newest StarTrek movie. I would add all main characters' actors from all series: http://en.wikipedia....Trek_characters

Tracy R. Tormé-co-creator of the scifi series Sliders, also part of writing staff of Star Trek: The Next Generation

next are not celebrities but they migh be interested
what about Paul Allen, cofounder of microsoft and filantropist, currently 32nd richiest person in the world, this entry from wiki is interesting:

Allen also contributes through other charitable projects known as "venture philanthropy". The most famous of these projects are Experience Music Project, the Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame, the Flying Heritage Collection (airworthy vintage military aircraft) and the Allen Telescope Array (ATA).[18] The ATA is a partnership between the University of California, Berkeley and the SETI Institute.[19] Allen has a flower fly named after him for his contributions to Dipterology, called Paul Allen's flower fly.[20]..........Allen was also the top private contributor, with US$14 million in donations, and namesake, of the "Paul G. Allen Center for Computer Science & Engineering", which was completed in 2003.[24] Throughout the years, Allen has contributed millions of US dollars to the University of Washington Medical School.[25] The Foundation awarded US$3.2 million for prostatitis research in 1997, followed by an additional US$1.0 million grant in 2002.[26] More recently, the Foundation contributed US$5.0 million for an early cancer-detection project by the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.[27]

Allen founded the Allen Institute for Brain Science in 2003 with Jo Allen Patton (sister of Paul Allen) as a nonprofit corporation (501© (3)) and medical research organization. Utilizing the mouse model system (given its great similarity to human DNA), 20,000 genes in the adult mouse brain were mapped to a cellular level for the Allen Brain Atlas. The data generated from this effort is contained in the free and publicly available Allen Brain Atlas application located at www.brain-map.org. In 2008, the Institute also launched the Allen Spinal Cord Atlas project. All of these scientific findings will prove invaluable to international researchers working on cures for neurological and nervous system illnesses and injuries.

On July 16, 2008, Allen launched a $ 41 million online "Allen Spinal Cord Atlas" mouse gene map. Allan Jones, chief scientific officer, said: "The Allen Spinal Cord Atlas offers profound potential for researchers to unlock the mysteries of the spinal cord and how it is altered during disease or injury." The spinal cord atlas is set up like the Allen Institute's earlier atlas of the mouse brain.[1] The Map could reveal new treatments for human neurological disorders. The map points researchers toward places where genes are active[2][28][29]

He confirmed that he was the sole investor behind Burt Rutan's Scaled Composites' SpaceShipOne suborbital commercial spacecraft - It won the Ansari X Prize competition and received the $10 million prize.[31]

BTW. would it be possible to make some cooperation of life extension projects with The X Prize Foundation? it is "a non-profit prize institute that designs and manages public competitions intended to encourage technological development that could benefit mankind."

Allen had been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin lymphoma in 2009

And finaly as i saw todays opening ceremony of Burj Dubai (Khalifa), tallest man made structure i was thinking if it would be possible to wake some interest in life extension research in rich gulf states.

take Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum ruler of Dubai

he has big money available for investments and charity and he has some big visions about future of his state+ he has power to get them realized.
maybe he would be also interested in life extension (just to have more time to see future..)

biggest obstacles could be probably: religion, very hard to reach and present him LE ideas and projects, and maybe it would require to keep him in anonymity or research facilities directly in Dubai

just my idea maybe not realistic at all

#60 sentrysnipe

• 491 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:32 PM

I forgot about these two generous big shots,

Elon Musk - Tesla / PayPal founder

Mark Shuttleworth - Ubuntu Founder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users