Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

complexity and self-organization in growing up and aging

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 acrossuniv1

• 19 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:56 PM

When an individual human grow from a fertilized egg to puberty, the complexity increases, it increases from a single cell to a body of millions of millions of cells with specialized tissues. It is a self-organizing process, more and more orders and complexities was established, and the entropy of body decreases during this process.

After puberty, at late teen ages, individual human body is stablized, and hence the body transition from a self-organizing state to a steady state. From then on, the body's complexity gradually decreases (due to wear and tear, or other reasons, aging), and the entropy of body increases, until the structure of body is no longer able to keep life stable, hence the increase of mortality and eventually death.

In the attachment there is a schematic diagram of change of entropy in lifetime, hence also the indicator of change of complexity/order.

The question is: why there was a turning point at teen age time when self-organization suddenly stops? Can we break this turning point, can we harvest the self-organizing power to prevent entropy increase? That might be a good way to achieve immortality.

Attached Files

#2 acrossuniv1

• Topic Starter
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:04 PM

And cancer is a state of cell mass without major complexity/order. So when normal tissue became cancer, it also undergoes a transition from complexity to a simple/steady state.

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:26 AM

I guess it's the question of maintaining order and balance, and I kinda doubt that entropy doesn't take a part from early stages of life, it's just not that noticeable and the mechanisms that are resposible for maintaining order (for preprogrammed evolution or sustained state after the first one) decline gradualy, and the decline increases just after certain time passed by..

IMHO - we pribably need to repair the repair mechanisms that wear out. It's allways inside-out, the more inside we'll be able to go, the more successful we'll be at this. The examples as these with protein maintenance genes in mole rats or bats to their lifespan relation shows this. If there's no reason for an organism to go wrong - why should it? (I throw out the "preprogrammed aging" theory through the window a priori in this case)  Nor entropy, nro extropy is the goal, maintained Equilibrium, that's the real deal :-D

Edited by VidX, 24 October 2009 - 02:27 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Marios Kyriazis

• 466 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:13 PM

I guess it's the question of maintaining order and balance, and I kinda doubt that entropy doesn't take a part from early stages of life, it's just not that noticeable and the mechanisms that are resposible for maintaining order (for preprogrammed evolution or sustained state after the first one) decline gradualy, and the decline increases just after certain time passed by..

IMHO - we pribably need to repair the repair mechanisms that wear out. It's allways inside-out, the more inside we'll be able to go, the more successful we'll be at this. The examples as these with protein maintenance genes in mole rats or bats to their lifespan relation shows this. If there's no reason for an organism to go wrong - why should it? (I throw out the "preprogrammed aging" theory through the window a priori in this case)  Nor entropy, nro extropy is the goal, maintained Equilibrium, that's the real deal :)

There is a theory that aging is accompanied by loss of dynamicl complexity, and that by increasing complexity in life (in a non-linear fashion), the impact of aging is reduced.

See
http://www.springerl...477g7037800165/

On how to increase complexity see:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....mp;ordinalpos=1

I am looking into ways that maintain (and prevent loss of) dynamical complexity as early as possible in life, starting from before birth. This may be done by interventions on stem cells or DNA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users