Photo
- - - - -

The 41 year old teenager

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:52 PM

JL looks like he's in his 30s and HE IS in his 30s. He looks good but nothing impressive really. Please show a picture of a 40+ year guy who can pass for a freshman and did it through extreme diet and lifestyle.

#62 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:30 PM

Lol.. yeah.. plenty of guys 37-38 (can't remember at the moment) who can pass for 23 without much of a doubt, and who get hundreds of comments of how young they look every time a pic is posted somehwre (go check)... Some of you people are seriously biased.

Edited by VidX, 23 November 2009 - 10:31 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:42 AM

JL looks like he's in his 30s and HE IS in his 30s.

No, he looks 25 at 38. Everyone who previously does not know his age thinks so. So where are you getting this BS from? Point to specifics of what makes him look like a guy in his 30s. Nasolabial folds? Nope. Crows feet? Nope. Sunken face? Nope. Sunken eyes? nope. Sagging skin? Nope. So wtf are you talking about?

He looks good but nothing impressive really.

No, he looks 25, period.
  • Disagree x 1

#64 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:44 AM

I would actually like to see studies that prove unequivocally that there IS bone morphing. And that it only takes 40 years to see. But if the bones do shift over time I am quite sure DHT production has something to do with it as well as other dietary factors (DHT causes bone growth in aging men etc). Jared letos diet is most vegetarian raw food so his DHT levels are low. Very low. This I imagine is why he does not look like a demented bone morphed freak as you think he should at almost 40. This is why he looks in his 20s rather than approaching 40. There was another user on this site paul I believe who is 40 years old and also does not appear to experience significant 'bone morphing'. He is also a vegetarian.

I think Jared Leto looks young because he is actually a vampire. :) Don't worry, you can become one too:

http://www.wikihow.c...wilight-Vampire

Not the vegetarian emphasis in the guide.

A little skin lightener and i'm as good as a nocturnal blood sucker.

You're lucky that your skin actually tans.. I just go from white to red. Nothing wrong with a little extra built in UV protection.

I really don't tan actually. I go through a red phase and then, maybe, a tan phase. But I wouldn't consider it lucky. I like being fair skinned.

#65 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:58 AM

No, he looks 25 at 38. Everyone who previously does not know his age thinks so. So where are you getting this BS from? Point to specifics of what makes him look like a guy in his 30s. Nasolabial folds? Nope. Crows feet? Nope. Sunken face? Nope. Sunken eyes? nope. Sagging skin? Nope. So wtf are you talking about?

No, he looks 25, period.

lol, whatever.
  • Cheerful x 1

#66 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:16 PM

No, he looks 25, period.

lol, whatever.

That's right, you can't because you belong to a minority of liars who say he looks his age when he doesn't. 98% of people think he looks about 25. These are people with no previous knowledge of his age. The only people who think he looks his age are those who miraculously already know it. hahahaha how ridiculous.

#67 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:59 PM

"He looks 25, period" is a ridiculous statement too... as if there was a way to say, based on looks alone, if someone is 24, 25 or 26.

#68 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:09 PM

that guy on the first video has such narrow shoulders! :O

I won't say he looks like a teenager due, his face looks quite adult, reminds me of a father of one of my friends, was about 40 or late 30s at the time I think.

I am not sure about the skin because of the facial hair shadow and light, but the body doesn't look all that old but not what I would call teenager, just the weird shoulders.

#69 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:27 PM

"He looks 25, period" is a ridiculous statement too... as if there was a way to say, based on looks alone, if someone is 24, 25 or 26.

A statement based on averages is still valid. Most 25 year olds do not have nasolabial lines, sunken eyes, or weird bone structure. So yea, he looks 25 is a pretty valid statement I think.

#70 aikikai

• 251 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:39 AM

I have been off alcohol for some years, but I have started to drink red wine moderately, as it has longevity benefits. Question is, will this moderate wine consumption impact outer appearance/look?

#71 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:56 AM

No, he looks 25, period.

lol, whatever.

That's right, you can't because you belong to a minority of liars who say he looks his age when he doesn't. 98% of people think he looks about 25. These are people with no previous knowledge of his age. The only people who think he looks his age are those who miraculously already know it. hahahaha how ridiculous.

There's no need for personal attacks. The reason why I'm hesitant to reply is because of my history with the moderators.

I honestly think that JL looks like he is in his 30s, far from 25. I dont like to be called a "liar" when I actually honestly believe what I said. This is my opinion and your strong disagreement to my opinion is noted. I can understand why you and others would share the opinion you hold. Maybe 37 year old in your area look so old that seeing JL is quite impressive. But understand that where I live, JL's appearance for his age is nothing special. So there differences of perception. I respect your opinion and I can only hope you respect mine.

But I think we can agree on a lot of other things. That Vegetarianism is 'better' than Paleo diet that there are plenty of Vegetarians who look younger than their age, that Paleo dieters look old and that DukeNukem is arrogant. :p

Also, I think fighting over this will distract us from the point I wanted to make earlier. That looking 5-7 younger, heck even 10 years younger than one's age is just not enough. A life spent on dieting to look 10 years younger is quite a waste. We have to work together to make an 80 year old have a body of a 21 year old. That's the point I wanted to convey. The answer lies not in drinking kale juice but in supporting science.

Respect.

Edited by Forever21, 25 November 2009 - 08:45 AM.

#72 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:15 PM

No, he looks 25, period.

lol, whatever.

There's no need for personal attacks. The reason why I'm hesitant to reply is because of my history with the moderators.

I honestly think that JL looks like he is in his 30s, far from 25. I dont like to be called a "liar" when I actually honestly believe what I said. This is my opinion and your strong disagreement to my opinion is noted. I can understand why you and others would share the opinion you hold. Maybe 37 year old in your area look so old that seeing JL is quite impressive. But understand that where I live, JL's appearance for his age is nothing special. So there differences of perception. I respect your opinion and I can only hope you respect mine.

But I think we can agree on a lot of other things. That Vegetarianism is 'better' than Paleo diet that there are plenty of Vegetarians who look younger than their age, that Paleo dieters look old and that DukeNukem is arrogant. :p

Also, I think fighting over this will distract us from the point I wanted to make earlier. That looking 5-7 younger, heck even 10 years younger than one's age is just not enough. A life spent on dieting to look 10 years younger is quite a waste. We have to work together to make an 80 year old have a body of a 21 year old. That's the point I wanted to convey. The answer lies not in drinking kale juice but in supporting science.

Respect.

I agree with the part about bioengineering but you still are not pointing out what makes jared leto look like someone in his 30s. You have no clue what to say to this because you cannot reply to it. Let us break down what most men in their mid-30s look like. They usually tend to have nasolabial folds already. Do you see these on jard leto? No. They usually have some degree of discoloration on the face. Do you see this on jared leto? They usually have SOME collagen loss which causes a degree of facial sinking. DO you see this on jared leto? They usually have furrows and shadows, do you see these on Jared leto? Many many 38 year old men usually have some degree of hairline receding. Do you see this on Jared leto? Most 38 year old men have somewhat sunken back eyes. Do you see this on Jared leto? The point I am making is that you cannot have an opinion based on a non-average that doesn't really exist. It is simply not average for men to look as good as jared leto at his age. You can say you live in a small town in numbfuck idaho where all men 40 years of age look that good but it still doesn't mean shit because it is not an average you are talking about but a non-average. You know it and I know it. Ask any hot young female between the ages of 15-25 how old she thinks jared leto looks without hinting of his age and she will tell you the same. View any number of youtube videos featuring countless young females commenting on how they can't believe how old he is. You are a minority who thinks he looks in his 30s. hmm who to believe here, hot young females or some guy on imminst who overestimates his ability to guess ages? Anyway, the point of it is he is a vegetarian/raw foodist. THAT is why he looks so young. And that is the reason I am arguing the point here. Not because I care how young he looks for the heck of it. But because it proves that dietary intervention works to an extent.

#73 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:48 PM

Let's do a more direct comparison. Two 38 year old males. The first Jared leto, the other some random 38 year old. What similarities do these men have which point to their specific ages? The second man has nasolines, forehead lines, widening bones, dry, leathery skin. What makes them look the same age? hmmmm?

http://cdn.buzznet.c...r-nobody-01.jpg

http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/sbres/374.$plit/...0_bodyimage.jpg

Edited by TheFountain, 25 November 2009 - 01:49 PM.

#74 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:11 PM

One more from just 2 weeks ago. Seriously? Looks his age? Most 28 year old guys don't look this good. Let alone 38 year old guys! 20 years of vegetarianism+raw food right here!
Posted Image

Edited by TheFountain, 25 November 2009 - 02:15 PM.

#75 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:34 PM

I wish I had more passion for him as much as you do. Sorry man.

#76 CerebralCortex

• 123 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:35 PM

I have to agree with TF I'm 26 and there is no way I look as good as JL.

#77 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:44 PM

Which proves my point. You, having grey hairs at 22 and being from the same place as this guy at 32 looking 45, its not at all surprising what you think of JL.

Edited by Forever21, 25 November 2009 - 03:49 PM.

#78 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:19 PM

Which proves my point. You, having grey hairs at 22 and being from the same place as this guy at 32 looking 45, its not at all surprising what you think of JL.

accept that that guy looks 32? where the hell do you live that 32 year old men have full rosey red cheeks and no sun damage unless they avoid the sun and do some other extreme life style choice? Obviously somewhere imaginary.

Edited by TheFountain, 25 November 2009 - 05:22 PM.

#79 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 06:12 PM

The guy does not have to look like a 21 year old to look 32.

#80 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:34 PM

The fact is that JL can be a good example of what PROBABLY (not guaranteed) is possible by the right life style choices, and that outward ageing is probably not that "inevitable", at least to some extent, it's just that most ppl doesn't really know what to do to prevent it and just accept it as the "natural" decay, that's why we have these averages of prematurely old people, who look that way for a reason, at least many of them.
As far as longevity goes, it's not the most important thing for sure, anyway, we strive to "halt" our health in a state of youth, so even slowing down the ageing of just one organ (skin) is a good start, not that we can do a lot more at the moment anyway, and as everything is interconnected in a body, trying to halt ageing by various life style choices ans supps. in just this one organ probably has a good chance to interfere with other organs too, so - win-win ..

Edited by VidX, 25 November 2009 - 07:37 PM.

#81 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:38 PM

But when talking about the appearance of aging we are describing a linear phenomenon effected by environment and exposure to elements therein. In linear and average terms the guy you posted the picture to looks about average for a 32-34 year old. In linear terms, according to averages, Leto looks mid-20s.

#82 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:38 PM

Mind = blown :D

#83 CerebralCortex

• 123 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:06 AM

Damn it I knew that would come back to haunt me. Think before you post is the motto of the day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users