Photo
- - - - -

The 41 year old teenager

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#31 ben951

• 111 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:19 PM

(Disclaimer: I'm not criticizing the raw-food diet, which has its merits, but only the ridiculous and dangerous claims about the healthiness of excess sun.)

How about moderate sunlight ?

What's better 15 mn's per day or no sunlight at all.

If I remember well Kurzweil recommend 15 minutes per day in his book with Grossman "Live long enough to live forever"

#32 FNC

• 152 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:26 PM

How about moderate sunlight ?

What's better 15 mn's per day or no sunlight at all.

If I remember well Kurzweil recommend 15 minutes per day in his book with Grossman "Live long enough to live forever"

Yeah, Ray and Terry suggest 15 to 30 minutes in the sun before 9:00am and after 4:00pm. I believe this is acceptable - better than staying in the house, get some fresh air and escape the horrid indoor pollution.

Edited by Fabien, 29 October 2009 - 02:27 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Chaos Theory

• 272 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:14 PM

Not as amazing as her boob job though! I almost didn't even notice it it's so god damned subtle! Is it possible she may have had botox injections as well? ya think?

I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic here, it's hard to tell in text. I just have to point out that for women who are that dedicated to bodybuilding, they really have no choice but to get breast implants if they want to retain a feminine appearance. Her bodyfat is well under 10% which is quite a feat for a woman, but along with that comes some masculinization in the form of lost natural breast size and more pronounced jaw muscles. Her lack of bodyfat also makes the breasts stand out more, even though they are not excessively large.

#34 Dagon

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:18 PM

why did that 41 year old lady have to go so far? She looks good for her age, but I think she's taking it too far with the weight training. That can't be good for her long term health and... well, if you could choose between her before and afters in the following pic, which would you choose? I know which one I'd choose by far...
Posted Image

Edited by Dagon, 29 October 2009 - 06:20 PM.

#35 Chaos Theory

• 272 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:42 PM

why did that 41 year old lady have to go so far?

People get into bodybuilding for many different reasons, so any guess as to why she chooses that would be pure speculation. I can't check her profile from work but I think she lists her previous lack of health as a motivating factor, as well as enjoying how it feels to be so dedicated.

I don't think it's fair or accurate to state that her lifestyle is unhealthy. Someone with bodyfat that low is obviously practicing CR. Her entire diet is built around lean meat and vegetables. She doesn't look like a typical person practicing CR because she isn't vegan and she spends probably hours every day exercising. Unless you have a study indicating a loss of longivity associated with weight lifting, I don't see any reason to assume that she is unhealthy. Many practices of natural bodybuilders share similarities with those of life extensionists. The only arguably unhealthy practices in bodybuilding involve excess calorie intake (bulking) and AAS use. I doubt she practices either of those.

In terms of her attractiveness now vs then, I agree that she looked good before. However, I don't find her new physique to be inherantly unattractive. Physical attraction is supposedly related to perceived health. Though she would probably look better with slightly more bodyfat, I still feel she looks healthy. Then again, I've been into bodybuilding for a long time myself. Most people can't get past the initial shock of seeing a woman who looks like that.

#36 Dagon

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:31 PM

why did that 41 year old lady have to go so far?

People get into bodybuilding for many different reasons, so any guess as to why she chooses that would be pure speculation. I can't check her profile from work but I think she lists her previous lack of health as a motivating factor, as well as enjoying how it feels to be so dedicated.

I don't think it's fair or accurate to state that her lifestyle is unhealthy. Someone with bodyfat that low is obviously practicing CR. Her entire diet is built around lean meat and vegetables. She doesn't look like a typical person practicing CR because she isn't vegan and she spends probably hours every day exercising. Unless you have a study indicating a loss of longivity associated with weight lifting, I don't see any reason to assume that she is unhealthy. Many practices of natural bodybuilders share similarities with those of life extensionists. The only arguably unhealthy practices in bodybuilding involve excess calorie intake (bulking) and AAS use. I doubt she practices either of those.

In terms of her attractiveness now vs then, I agree that she looked good before. However, I don't find her new physique to be inherantly unattractive. Physical attraction is supposedly related to perceived health. Though she would probably look better with slightly more bodyfat, I still feel she looks healthy. Then again, I've been into bodybuilding for a long time myself. Most people can't get past the initial shock of seeing a woman who looks like that.

I'll be honest and say that I prefer ladies who are very slim. In the photo I posted, the girl on the left looks very slim. The girl on the right looks more bulky to me - less body fat perhaps, but more density. For instance the lovely slender legs are gone and now they are wider.

I didn't mean to say she was unhealthy, I just question the effect of putting the body through daily rigorous workouts. In CR, isn't it true that many practitioners believe that less excercise actually stops the body "wearing out" prematurely , reduces metabolism further, and gives more longetivity?

In the end it's just personal preference though, nobody is right or wrong as physical beauty is in the eye of the beholder :~

Edited by Dagon, 30 October 2009 - 05:54 PM.

#37 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:50 PM

I prefer her on the left too, but good for her if she wants that... just don't think it looks good in terms of being attractive for a women.

#38 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:15 PM

It depends of what an eye is used to. I like both of these pics. Actually in reality she'd look very very impressive with a current condition, pics emphasize the optical illusion of thickness and cuts in her muscles to some extent. Anyway, this dude is even more impressive (42yo) http://bodyspace.bod...g.com/buffpnoy/ .it's out of this world. I wonder - is he able to "score" with women above 25, as he looks like 22 himself lol.. A bodybuilder version of J.Leto.

Edited by VidX, 30 October 2009 - 06:17 PM.

#39 Skötkonung

• 1,556 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:17 PM

I'll be honest and say that I prefer ladies who are very slim. In the photo I posted, the girl on the left looks very slim. The girl on the right looks more bulky to me - less body fat perhaps, but more density. For instance the lovely slender legs are gone and now they are wider.

I didn't mean to say she was unhealthy, I just question the effect of putting the body through daily rigorous workouts. In CR, isn't it true that many practitioners believe that less excercise actually stops the body "wearing out" prematurely , reduces metabolism further, and gives more longetivity?

In the end it's just personal preference though, nobody is right or wrong as physical beauty is in the eye of the beholder :~

People undergoing CR likely require exercise just as much as the next person -- it prevents sarcopenia and bone loss. The only difference is that for the CR practitioner, high levels of exercise will necessitate higher caloric intake, thus negating some of the benefits of CR. Therefor, keeping energy intake and expenditure balanced with a caloricially restricted lifestyle is ideal. Incidentally, this doesn't leave much room for heavy, regular weight lifting.

As for the woman bodybuilder, she looks good for her age, however I must question the long term benefits of keeping a ultra low body-fat in females. Estradiol is stored in adipose, and as adipose is removed, they lose much of this important feminizing hormone. Perhaps this wouldn't offer many complications for a younger woman, but for someone who is entering middle age, it could be enough to trigger perimenopause. And of course, once menopause starts and estrogen production falls drastically, keeping such a low bodyfat could create a very masculine appearance.

#40 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:54 PM

in the post #29, she still looks pretty good there though ! :-) Is just I prefer girls to look more feminine

Edited by Matt, 30 October 2009 - 06:55 PM.

#41 X_Danny_X

• 344 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:46 AM

Here is a link to his intro vid:

For most people here, he's basically telling you a lot of what you already know - lots of raw veg, reduce sugar and salt, excercise, lots of water, avoid unhealthy foods/smoking/alcohol... except there is one big difference. He's an advocate of natural sunlight for it's anti-aging properties!

In any case, it's worth watching because this guy does look pretty young for his age.

Am I the only one who doesn't think this guy's face looks young? With his clothes on he would look like a 40 year old in my opinion.

If you want to talk about impressive bodies, check out this profile on bodybuilding.com:
Posted Image

41 year old female

More impressive in my opinion, and she does it on a diet of meat and even sports a nice tan. What's even more amazing is that she didn't even get into fitness until her 30's.

i have problems believing this woman is 100% natural. going under the knife can make you look young

#42 Esoparagon

• 227 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:25 AM

Personally, I think she looks pretty good.

Edited by Esoparagon, 05 November 2009 - 04:27 AM.

#43 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:55 AM

Personally, I think she looks pretty good.

Yeah, I think she looks pretty good. I'd like to see her in the much cuter bikini from the "before" picture, and some sexier shoes. The fake boobs are what they are. Better than nothing, I suppose. I wonder what she'd think if she knew a bunch of immortalist transhumanist geeks were criticizing her looks.

#44 Chaos Theory

• 272 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:36 AM

I wonder what she'd think if she knew a bunch of immortalist transhumanist geeks were criticizing her looks.

I really doubt she cares. Her profile is open for anyone to see on bodybuilding.com and she has probably over 100 pictures of herself.

i have problems believing this woman is 100% natural. going under the knife can make you look young

She obviously has breast implants which as I already said becomes a necessity if a woman reduces her bodyfat to that level and still wants to retain a feminine appearance. Everyone seems to be drawing the conclusion that since she has breast implants then she must have had botox, face lift, etc etc.. I'm not sure if you were implying that she had some other body modification but her diet and exercise program is probably far more rigorous than that of most life extensionists.

#45 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:26 AM

Yep, she's right on the money diet and training wise, as far as I can tell. chickentuna.com, explains her philosophy pretty well.

#46 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:58 AM

She obviously has breast implants which as I already said becomes a necessity if a woman reduces her bodyfat to that level

Maybe this simply means women are not naturally predisposed to having low body fat since the distribution pattern of their body fat is determined by reproductive processes. Maternity, breast feeding, looking sexyually attractive, etc

Everyone seems to be drawing the conclusion that since she has breast implants then she must have had botox, face lift, etc etc.. I'm not sure if you were implying that she had some other body modification but her diet and exercise program is probably far more rigorous than that of most life extensionists.

That doesn't mean she is getting advanced returns. In fact it could be that she is getting diminishing returns subjecting her body to so much oxidative stress. Just a thought. This is why I exercise no more than 6 hours a week.

And I don't find breast implants feminine. I find them feminasty.

All this said I respect this womans choice to do whatever the heck she wants to herself.

Edited by TheFountain, 19 November 2009 - 10:02 AM.

#47 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:13 AM

I don't think she looks that young.. just healthy.

#48 drmz

• 574 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:39 PM

He definitely sends mail like he is a teenager. I entered my mail address on his site and i already got about 6 mails from him today :~

#49 NeverSayDie

• 135 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:48 AM

Sun ages you, simple.

We evolved by living in sunlight. This widespread sun-phobia is exasperating.

#50 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:00 AM

Go get yourself some wrinkles then xD

#51 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:08 AM

We evolved by living in sunlight. This widespread sun-phobia is exasperating.

Attached File  nice_tan.jpg   96.87KB   43 downloads
Sun makes you look good.

#52 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:03 PM

I find both of them old. The only thing "teenage" about him is his body figure but the skin itself, the face, is old. He's no special. Spend a day at Whole Foods here in Austin and you'll see. A lot of people here are like that. Slim figure, look like teens/20s but when you look at the face, they're in their 40s-50s. And they're not raw foodists. They're just hippies.

#53 solbanger

• 215 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:09 PM

I find both of them old. The only thing "teenage" about him is his body figure but the skin itself, the face, is old. He's no special. Spend a day at Whole Foods here in Austin and you'll see. A lot of people here are like that. Slim figure, look like teens/20s but when you look at the face, they're in their 40s-50s. And they're not raw foodists. They're just hippies.

Yea, they both have that look of maturity in their facial bone structure. They look good, esp. the female, but the facial dimensions give away the years. This is due to the fact that our skulls actually morph over time and some fat starts to deposit where it shouldn't. This is what leads to some getting an old look, and what also leads to others appearing "more attractive" in old age since the facial bones shift into a more symmetrical pattern a la Sean Connery.

Humans can detect even the slightest degree of this onset in others, which is why no amount of dieting can suspend belief of someone's age range. They can look like a very, very healthy 40 or 50 year old, but the bones do not lie. It would be interesting to see the solution that could counteract this bone morph. I've read comments from plastic surgeons saying that they could shave the bones into a new youthful shape, but I suspect it would require something much more fundamental and awe inspiring to make a real impact (and last longer than 5 years!).

Edited by solbanger, 22 November 2009 - 10:11 PM.

#54 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:46 AM

no ralph looks like hes in his 30's... you CAN look younger than your age... http://www.imminst.o...o...0&start=500 look there

I'm over 25 and EVERY WEEK for years I always get someone commenting on how young i look... is not like I might look younger, i simply do... lately people have thought I'm only 16. So you can look much younger than your age.

I looked younger at 24 than I did at 17... so you're wrong xD

i think you're over simplifying it by saying its purely down to bone structure alone... it's much more than that.

paulthekind also looks in his 20's. All my friends said he looked around 25 and hes like 41 or something?

Edited by Matt, 23 November 2009 - 02:52 AM.

#55 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:49 AM

the biggest difference i notice about me and my friends is that their skin seems to be thicker... the epidermis thickness must increase making them look older... ? i don't know :-)

#56 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:45 AM

I find both of them old. The only thing "teenage" about him is his body figure but the skin itself, the face, is old. He's no special.

His skin looks young actually. The sunkeness of his face makes him look 40. If it were fuller with that skin he has he would look 10 years younger I think.

#57 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:58 AM

This is due to the fact that our skulls actually morph

Um I think it takes alot longer than 40 years for this to happen, closer to 60 to actually SEE the way the dimensions alter, the look he has is that of collagen loss and low fat deposits.

This is what leads to some getting an old look, and what also leads to others appearing "more attractive" in old age since the facial bones shift into a more symmetrical pattern a la Sean Connery.

I think this is all made up. I think loss of collagen just makes it appear as if the individuals facial bones are shifting and all that jive. Jared leto is damned near 40 and has not lost any collagen since he was 20, his face does not look weird old or bone shifted. And it's not genetics because if gravity yanks the bones every which way in 40 years it would be universal in all people because bones are bones, regardless of genes. Simply speaking I think the '41 year old teenager' is just underweight. Pack 15 pounds of muscle on him and he will look 31.

Humans can detect even the slightest degree of this onset in others, which is why no amount of dieting can suspend belief of someone's age range.

I think this is all made up horse manure with no science behind it.

They can look like a very, very healthy 40 or 50 year old, but the bones do not lie.

yea this guy looks his age, look at them asymmetrical bones going every which way! omg omg omg I could tell immediately he is almost middle aged! omg!
Posted Image

It would be interesting to see the solution that could counteract this bone morph.

I would actually like to see studies that prove unequivocally that there IS bone morphing. And that it only takes 40 years to see. But if the bones do shift over time I am quite sure DHT production has something to do with it as well as other dietary factors (DHT causes bone growth in aging men etc). Jared letos diet is most vegetarian raw food so his DHT levels are low. Very low. This I imagine is why he does not look like a demented bone morphed freak as you think he should at almost 40. This is why he looks in his 20s rather than approaching 40. There was another user on this site paul I believe who is 40 years old and also does not appear to experience significant 'bone morphing'. He is also a vegetarian.

Edited by TheFountain, 23 November 2009 - 07:03 AM.

#58 Skötkonung

• 1,556 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:41 PM

I would actually like to see studies that prove unequivocally that there IS bone morphing. And that it only takes 40 years to see. But if the bones do shift over time I am quite sure DHT production has something to do with it as well as other dietary factors (DHT causes bone growth in aging men etc). Jared letos diet is most vegetarian raw food so his DHT levels are low. Very low. This I imagine is why he does not look like a demented bone morphed freak as you think he should at almost 40. This is why he looks in his 20s rather than approaching 40. There was another user on this site paul I believe who is 40 years old and also does not appear to experience significant 'bone morphing'. He is also a vegetarian.

I think Jared Leto looks young because he is actually a vampire. :) Don't worry, you can become one too:

http://www.wikihow.c...wilight-Vampire

Not the vegetarian emphasis in the guide.

#59 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:44 PM

I think Jared Leto looks young because he is actually a vampire. :) Don't worry, you can become one too:

A little skin lightener and i'm as good as a nocturnal blood sucker.

#60 Skötkonung

• 1,556 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:42 PM

A little skin lightener and i'm as good as a nocturnal blood sucker.

You're lucky that your skin actually tans.. I just go from white to red. Nothing wrong with a little extra built in UV protection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users